Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

killstealing posted:

poo poo I freed Navlaan, will he be locked in NG+ or am i hosed?
He should be locked in NG+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Someone make a character called Royal Sorcerer Navlaan and just invade NG+ FotG forever, please and thank

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Someone make a character called Royal Sorcerer Navlaan and just invade NG+ FotG forever, please and thank

Pretty sure there's not enough spaces to do that.

Seriously the game should give you way more space for your name.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I want to murder 2 people. a) The person that thought grinding enemies that disappear for items was a good idea and b) The guy that put the Manikin Claw enemies where they are.

If you're around 362k SM and have a Manikin Claw or two burning a hole in your inventory please let me know. Because this is just nonsense.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Anyone around 900k sm(pc) got any spare blacksteel katanas? farmed the first part of that area to extinction on both my characters with max luck

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor/

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I uploaded a highlight from my Iron Keep Fight Club runs last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VHVx-5Vr4

sorry about the quality, youtube screwed it up no matter what I did, but here's a taste of how bad I am at PvP :D

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Nalesh posted:

Anyone around 900k sm(pc) got any spare blacksteel katanas? farmed the first part of that area to extinction on both my characters with max luck

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor/

I'm at about 1.1 million and have 3 of the things I'm not using. (EDIT: Actually, just checked and I only have 2, but still, that's 2 more than I care about!)

Sent you a friend request.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 25, 2014

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

explosivo posted:

This game is the worst game ever that I also happened to play 400 hours of.

:colbert:

Should really be quoted every page.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

For anyone that uses the gedosato mod, is there anything I have to set in the ini to get it to actually change the graphics? I followed the instructions and used the hotkey that's supposed to turn it on and off and I don't notice a single difference.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

For anyone that uses the gedosato mod, is there anything I have to set in the ini to get it to actually change the graphics? I followed the instructions and used the hotkey that's supposed to turn it on and off and I don't notice a single difference.

you need to set post processing in the ini to "true" and pick your settings below that. remember that you also need to launch GeDoSaToTool, press Activate, and keep it open while playing.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I haven't noticed any of the hotkeys working except for the numpad + key, which should tell you in-game what GDST effects are on or not.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
You might also have to run it as administrator as well. Seems to not function well for me if I don't do that.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I can't even criticize the message because the purple prose alone is killing me. Actually killing me. This man is a murderer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

explosivo posted:

This game is the worst game ever that I also happened to play 400 hours of.

:colbert:

This but without the irony. Of all the games I have played for a bajillion hours this is my least favorite but that still puts it pretty high on the list.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't even criticize the message because the purple prose alone is killing me. Actually killing me. This man is a murderer.
My god, you weren't kidding. Leaving aside the utterly asinine premise of the article, his writing style is actually poisonous. I thought people, especially professional loving writers, were supposed to grow out of this poo poo in high school.

(I'm an editor and I know they don't, but it still makes me gag.)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

turtlecrunch posted:

If only the jester outfit had not been generic and instead came from a phantom that looked like this:

gently caress you, the jester outfit works fine. :colbert:

I will loving backstab you with that goofy rear end suit with a smile on my face.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

SynthOrange posted:

And as for rescuing Way of Blue followers, basically forget it. There's basically no advantage to being in that covenant so no one stays in it.

I got to rescue someone yesterday. It was really nice! The very first time I got pulled in, and I actually kicked rear end in PvP. Felt so good. :unsmith:

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Beat the game on NG+, honestly it wasn't that much harder than NG.

Tried some PvP. It took a little while, but after I boiled it down to just Throne Defender Sword and Chime of Want, I never lost, although I just hung out at Heide's and waited to be invaded or summoned red guys. Well, I did tie with one guy, which was my only death. Throne defender sword is really good for PvP, especially if you're a hexer and you lightning infuse it. I'd highly recommend it. For the most part I could make due with just the hexes great resonant soul and darkstorm.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At first my friends thought GRS was silly and couldn't possibly be worth the 500 souls it cost to cast it.

Now they realize it's silly because it's really loving strong.

I'm amazed people don't realize how easy it is to dodge when I'm casting it, though.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm amazed people don't realize how easy it is to dodge when I'm casting it, though.

I can only speak for myself but the slighest bit of lag can make castings really finicky, in that the projectile will be launched either moments before or after the casting animation does it's thing and when you need to either dodge or get one shot, even a bit of lag can be catastrophic.

IN other matters, It really saddens me how many people use lame cookie cutter FOTM builds though, hexes sometimes included in that but I still prefer random hex users to the hex/santiers/avelyns/havels turds who are becoming super loving boring to kill because they all do the same drat thing that we all know they saw on some youtube video.

Stop going for cookie cutter bullshit and make a fun build you can call your own, not only is it actually fun to kick rear end with a build of your own but because other players don't see it a dozen times an hour, you are often more effective and able to surprise your opponents.

Really though I just want to have some fun light hearted pvp with other gimmick builds and i'm getting kinda sick of the try hards and fighting the same bullshit builds over and over, they aren't even that dangerous anymore, just loving boring to fight against.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah in a game where you rely on 11-13 frames of invincibility to dodge spells lag kind of fucks you over.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The gate at Drangelic Castle of all things is loving me. I know it's suppposed to be really easy to open the gate but for some reason the Swordsman just refuse to fight by the statues. So ridiculous. They chase until they are in range, and then they do that stupid rear end thing mobs do sometimes where they just back away regardless of what is happening. I mean, if I just wanted to kill them it'd be awesome but I want them to die in range of the statue goddamn it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't realize that about GRS and lag, that's actually a real bummer.

Well, I'm only PvE with a smattering of "oh crud I've been invaded again/why did I think it was a good idea to try to ring the bell?" so I don't feel especially bad about using it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I killed a lizard near tark and it didn't drop poo poo for me. :smith:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Apparently (from what I can see) random proc effects (Ring of Thorns/Old Sun Ring mainly) aren't actually some random chance thing.

It's just that every hit, the game checks their durability, and if it's certain numbers it activates the effect.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 26, 2014

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Can the ring trigger multiple times during an instance of durability loss?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

As in can one "hit" activate it twice?

Since durability loss occurs by frames (see the whole 30 vs 60 FPS thing) the attack comes in contact with you, in a manner of speaking it is theoretically possible for a single attack to activate it twice.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 26, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whoever designed the lead-up to the chariot fight should be tied down and forced to play it until their fingers fall off. I just want a loving lance in the early game, is that so much to ask? Why even put lances in the game if you're going to gate most of them until near the end???

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 26, 2014

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

As in can one "hit" activate it twice?

Since durability loss occurs by frames (see the whole 30 vs 60 FPS thing) the attack comes in contact with you, in a manner of speaking it is theoretically possible for a single attack to activate it twice.

Does this mean that things which trigger durability (but not health damage) would set off the rings? Acid pools and the sort?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

Whoever designed the lead-up to the chariot fight should be tied down and forced to play it until their fingers fall off.

You mean the short path that takes no longer than about 5 minutes? The one wherein you have to take your time and not aggro more than one enemy?

Oh yeah, incredibly stupid and bullshit design.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Colapops posted:

Does this mean that things which trigger durability (but not health damage) would set off the rings? Acid pools and the sort?

I didn't actually check that. Should go see.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Or alternatively sprint through it and jump to the right, then laugh at your opponents as they fall through the bridge.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Babyface Mingo posted:

You mean the short path that takes no longer than about 5 minutes? The one wherein you have to take your time and not aggro more than one enemy?

Yeah, it is stupid. It's tedious for no reason. Fighting 5 of the same enemy that can kill you in 2 hits with their enchanted weapons is not fun. Their aggro radius is ten kinds of hosed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babyface Mingo posted:

To be fair, for some reason even if you step into the exact same place, an apparently random number of Torturers will aggro.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Babyface Mingo posted:

it's still tedious to make that trip if you end up dying to the boss. it's made worse because near the fog door you can see a bonfire below you that they could've easily made a shortcut to.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, it is stupid. It's tedious for no reason. Fighting 5 of the same enemy that can kill you in 2 hits with their enchanted weapons is not fun. Their aggro radius is ten kinds of hosed.

Use a bow to shoot one so he jumps off of his perch and deal with them one at a time? They have pretty slow attacks that don't track well.

Cardboard Box posted:

it's still tedious to make that trip if you end up dying to the boss. it's made worse because near the fog door you can see a bonfire below you that they could've easily made a shortcut to.

This is really the only semi-valid complaint.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually, I do know why it's tedious; because otherwise you could make the trip from the bonfire to the fog gate in precisely 1 minute of running past all of the non-retarded enemies because almost all of Huntman's Copse is a badly designed area.

Babyface Mingo posted:

They have pretty slow attacks that don't track well.

Oh well that changes everything. Boring tedium is totally okay if the enemies move slowly enough!

edit: Also lol their pitiful jumping knee attack does exactly as much damage as being stabbed through the gut with a sword so that's also pretty funny.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 26, 2014

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Harry Joe posted:

I can only speak for myself but the slighest bit of lag can make castings really finicky, in that the projectile will be launched either moments before or after the casting animation does it's thing and when you need to either dodge or get one shot, even a bit of lag can be catastrophic.

IN other matters, It really saddens me how many people use lame cookie cutter FOTM builds though, hexes sometimes included in that but I still prefer random hex users to the hex/santiers/avelyns/havels turds who are becoming super loving boring to kill because they all do the same drat thing that we all know they saw on some youtube video.

Stop going for cookie cutter bullshit and make a fun build you can call your own, not only is it actually fun to kick rear end with a build of your own but because other players don't see it a dozen times an hour, you are often more effective and able to surprise your opponents.

Really though I just want to have some fun light hearted pvp with other gimmick builds and i'm getting kinda sick of the try hards and fighting the same bullshit builds over and over, they aren't even that dangerous anymore, just loving boring to fight against.

As long as soul memory governs pvp matchups, anything other than havel/hex is inarguably suboptimal, often to a very large degree.

Basically, blame From for skullfucking the pvp system in this game, not the players for using what they need to use to keep up.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CJacobs posted:

Actually, I do know why it's tedious; because otherwise you could make the trip from the bonfire to the fog gate in precisely 1 minute of running past all of the non-retarded enemies because almost all of Huntman's Copse is a badly designed area.

Oh well that changes everything. Boring tedium is totally okay if the enemies move slowly enough!

As long as you killed the red phantom by the boss fog, it's really not too bad; just run past everything, unequip your armor if you have to. Hell, if you jump off the bridge to a place the executioners can't reach you can apparently make them leash, which is really nice (also something I only learned by watching Kay fight the boss. I never would have figured it out on my own :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

edit: Also lol their pitiful jumping knee attack does exactly as much damage as being stabbed through the gut with a sword so that's also pretty funny.

Sorry you're poo poo at the game bro.. hope you enjoy the rest of the game v:kiddo:v