Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Kurtofan posted:

I endorse a new D-Day landing, we are not fit to govern ourselves.

Land war within western or central europe within a decade and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Who'dve thought that reading election results would be so hard

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
East Midlands confirmed for illiterate.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

namesake posted:

Land war within western or central europe within a decade and a half.

Quoting this so I can refer back to it and congratulate you when the tanks roll into Brussels.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Kettering made a balls up of that, didn't they. And the homosceptic Helmer gets in

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Eugh.

Edit: Finished the beer, now to finish the wine.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Trickjaw posted:

homosceptic Helmer

He doesn't believe gay people exist?

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
Looks like Conservatives outperformed their polls in the East Midlands. I had 3/2/1, but it's ended up 2/2/1 UKIP/Con/Lab.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

sebzilla posted:

If you don't love Jeremy Vine striding across Europe like some kind of haywire analytic colossus then maybe you don't get what makes election results great.

Seriously, the visual production team must thing of election season as their cup final. This is what they train for all year.

"Chyrons? Man, come May, we're going have Jeremy Vine as transeuropean Godzilla!"

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Trickjaw posted:

homosceptic

thanks for this term: i shall cherish this

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

sebzilla posted:

He doesn't believe people the same as him exist. We'd all like to believe that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sebzilla posted:

Quoting this so I can refer back to it and congratulate you when the tanks roll into Brussels.

Calling the annexation of Wallonia.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

sebzilla posted:

He believes its just a matter of taste, like which tea you prefer. Really.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Tories are high in Scotland - they were polling at 13%; yet the BBC have them at 18% just now...

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

IceAgeComing posted:

Tories are high in Scotland - they were polling at 13%; yet the BBC have them at 18% just now...

Glasgow isn't in yet, I believe

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Its gone from "UKIP WILL have a Scottish MEP" to "there's JUST a chance"; so I feel a little better.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Salmond putting the BBC on blast was pretty cool just now.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Salmond just saying something that thousands of other people have said but the BBC hasn't covered...

It says something that UKIP are a distant fourth in Scotland with four times the coverage on the biggest television stations than the party of the Scottish government in Scotland...

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Chucat posted:

Some of us have gone to bed already, got a transcript?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Coming in fast and horrible now!

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

IceAgeComing posted:

Its gone from "UKIP WILL have a Scottish MEP" to "there's JUST a chance"; so I feel a little better.

Since the greens gaining a seat are now near nill. What percent of the vote must the SNP have to get a third seat?

Chucat posted:

Was this live or prerecorded? And what was he talking about?

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

Since the greens gaining a seat are now near nill. What percent of the vote must the SNP have to get a third seat?

Three times whatever UKIP gets.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
An Independence from Europe's alphabet strategy seems to have paid off, they're not getting anywhere near any seats of course but out of the tiny fascist parties they're coming top, above the bnp.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Kin posted:

Some of us have gone to bed already, got a transcript?

Short version was pretty much he didn't want to spend the next few months arguing about the difference between "Good Romanians and Bad Romanians" as opposed to independence from Britain, how UKIP were getting four time the coverage as the SNP in Scotland and then when right at the end Dimbelby said "You should have a word with BBC Glasgow about it.", Salmond just replied "They don't have a say in the matter, that's what the problem is."

Extreme0 posted:

Was this live or prerecorded? And what was he talking about?

It was live and largely about how much coverage UKIP were getting.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
3/2/1 UKIP/Lab/Con in Yorkshire. What I expected, but disappointed ofc that Labour or the Greens didn't beat UKIP for the 6th.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

hahaha this Lib Dem: "one thing I'm used to from my 28 years in the party is losing"

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

Tories are high in Scotland
So are the people who voted for them, presumably.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

QuantumCrayons posted:

Three times whatever UKIP gets.

If that's the case then they would need 31.05% of the vote. They currently have 29.08%. It's close but I'm not optimistic :smith:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

if Glasgow's not in: then there will be key. I don't see many UKIP votes in Glasgow: Labour will probably win, the SNP will be close though!

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Well the good news is with this surge in UKIP EU candidates there'll be a lot more attention paid to what they do in the EU to further Britain's interests.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

winegums posted:

Well the good news is with this surge in UKIP EU candidates there'll be a lot more attention paid to what they do in the EU to further Britain's interests.

good joke!

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

if Glasgow's not in: then there will be key. I don't see many UKIP votes in Glasgow: Labour will probably win, the SNP will be close though!

Yeah, if Labour win Glasgow, then it could up the voting total to enough that UKIP's shrinks in comparison, ideally enough for SNP to close the gap more.
fe; Even if SNP don't prevent UKIP from taking a seat, they seem to have maintained their percentage, which is a "good enough" kind of result.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Lib Dems out in the South West; Greens get a South West MEP.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Holy poo poo a Green.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Greens bagged one in the south-west; nice. With the Lib Dems losing their seat here, they're almost certainly looking at a national wipeout.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Greens in the South West!

Lol the Lib Dems are getting creamed.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

:getin: Greens!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

So if the lib dems lose all their MEPs will that cause a revolt do you think? Against Nick or the coalition?

Sadly I think they're still stuck together with both for the whole ride.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
Polling completely off in South West. They had Labour ahead of Conservatives and the Greens much lower. That's 3/2/1/1 UKIP/Con/Lab/Green. A gain for the the Greens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Has the North West result come through yet?

• Locked thread