Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Ilyich posted:

Has the North West result come through yet?

No but Nick Griffin has said he's out.

Edit: Argh, Britain First in Wales getting more votes than No2Eu .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Lib Dems in fifth place in the popular vote below greens, at the moment. I'll take my victories where I can.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Ilyich posted:

Has the North West result come through yet?

The scores are TBC, but Nick Griffin has said that he's out.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
Glasgow result just came in. Quick maths suggest that the SNP might have just edged out UKIP for that 6th seat.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
Shocked at the Welsh results. Labour lower than their polls to the extent where the Conservatives AND Plaid beat them out of their second. Apologies to the people I told Labour would almost definitely get two!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Is there an easy way to see these authority results? I'm getting nothing; and I'm not planning to dig around twitter.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Wales are in, and it's one apiece for Labour (28%), UKIP (27%), Tories (17%) and Plaid Cymru (15%). Wooden spoon goes to the Greens (4.5%), with Lib Dems at 3.5%.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
UKIP doing well I see. Protest votes? I think its patronising and condescending to the actual voters to call them protest votes. hosed off with British politics and bare faced liars and want a change votes? I think so.

Will be interesting to see what they do in Europe now they have so many seats.

Crisis
Mar 1, 2010
Voted green in the south west :unsmith:

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I have little doubt they'll continue their trend of not much or nothing, truly bringing the change in politics the people want.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The same that they did last time round: sponge off as much money as they can get away with and do gently caress all otherwise.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Yeah I was about to say, they'll continue to do gently caress all.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

UKIP doing well I see. Protest votes? I think its patronising and condescending to the actual voters to call them protest votes. hosed off with British politics and bare faced liars and want a change votes? I think so.

Well with the seats they got last time Farage did precisely gently caress all to further our interests in Europe, so I expect he'll do more of the loving same.

And given our media's coverage of EU politics is "ONE HUNDREAD MILLION A DAY FOR GAY ROMANIAN GYPSY GRANNY RAPIST GANGS TO COME HERE" they'll get away with it again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I hope it's ill conceived protest votes because the idea that people are actually supporting the types of people who view gays, women, immigrants and anyone who doesn't love the queen as pests to be marginalized and eradicated is loving terrifying.

And they'll do the same in Europe that they've always done in Europe, gently caress all but turn up enough to get their expenses.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Crisis posted:

Voted green in the south west :unsmith:

Internet high-five green South-West buddy. That MEP makes everything seem a little better.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

They're the same thing?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Delusibeta posted:

Wales are in, and it's one apiece for Labour (28%), UKIP (27%), Tories (17%) and Plaid Cymru (15%). Wooden spoon goes to the Greens (4.5%), with Lib Dems at 3.5%.

Wales seems to go much further to the right in eu elections, in the last assembly election labour got over 40% of the vote.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

Radio Prune posted:

They're the same thing?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope it's ill conceived protest votes because the idea that people are actually supporting the types of people who view gays, women, immigrants and anyone who doesn't love the queen as pests to be marginalized and eradicated is loving terrifying.

History has shown us time and time again, even in very recent war history, that he best way to deal with your enemy is to make them monsters in the eye of the public.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

namesake posted:

So if the lib dems lose all their MEPs will that cause a revolt do you think? Against Nick or the coalition?

Sadly I think they're still stuck together with both for the whole ride.

There's already an anti-Clegg revolt.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

What they'll do is continue to be corrupt and lazy fucks.

Also according to Lord Ashcrofts polling:

'Eight in ten of those who voted UKIP said the party had the best policies on Europe – but six in ten also said they were sending a message that they were unhappy with the party they usually support, or making a general protest.

Just over half of UKIP Euro voters supported the Tories at the 2010 election. One in seven voted Labour, and a fifth were Lib Dems. As for next May, only half of them expect to stay with UKIP.

One fifth already say they will go back to the Tories, one in ten will vote Labour, and 14% say they don’t know what they will do.'

These are irritated people voting as a protest to move the parties they actually like. This is still a terrible thing.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcoun...um&utm_campaign

SNP win highlands overwhelmingly. Looks like game over for UKIP in Scotland. Still the Borders to come in though.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

History has shown us time and time again, even in very recent war history, that he best way to deal with your enemy is to make them monsters in the eye of the public.

So there are no monsters, ever, anywhere? All claim of monster-ness is a lie? There's no evidence of kippers having terrible views?

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Gay people are your enemy?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The gently caress are you talking about?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I imagine that the Borders will be UKIPs main region of strength in Scotland: it'll in interesting to see what happens to Liberal voters around Berwickshire; and Dumfriesshire which is the Tories Scottish stronghold, if they can be said to have one.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Leggsy posted:

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcoun...um&utm_campaign

SNP win highlands overwhelmingly. Looks like game over for UKIP in Scotland. Still the Borders to come in though.

The SNP need to beat UKIP by a factor of >3 across the region to keep them out. The highlands result only has the SNP ahead of UKIP by a factor of ~2.5.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 26, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Alecto posted:

So there are no monsters, ever, anywhere? All claim of monster-ness is a lie? There's no evidence of kippers having terrible views?

I think the point was that the media has been parroting the main thrust of UKIP's views (i.e. all immigrants will steal your job, take all of your benefits and do all of the crimes) for ages, well before UKIP was even a thing.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

The more I learn about data visualisation the more I want to beat the BBC election graphics team over the head with ballot boxes.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

The SNP need to beat UKIP by a factor of >3 across the region to keep them out. The highlands result only has the SNP ahead of UKIP by a factor of ~2.5.

Yeah, my quick maths failed me. UKIP have got the 6th seat.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

namesake posted:

The more I learn about data visualisation the more I want to beat the BBC election graphics team over the head with ballot boxes.

Welcome to all election broadcasts everywhere.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

This blonde woman on the Beebe is scary. All bulging eyes and horse teeth.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Independence for Glasgow.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

LemonDrizzle posted:

If UKIP get in by that kind of margin you will find me slumped in the corner screaming incoherently about electoral systems and preferential voting.

edit: i mean I do that anyway after every election but tonight even more so

namesake posted:

Everything's better in 3D! Especially when you're comparing the size of things, that's when it shines.

...oh god it's nigel

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Leggsy posted:

Well, gently caress :suicide:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Leggsy posted:

Balls.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Trickjaw posted:

This blonde woman on the Beebe is scary. All bulging eyes and horse teeth.

The Nazi from France? Aye. Europe's going to Hell.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

"Don't kid ourselves that the European parliament has real power!!!"

[insert 75% laws from Europe billboard]

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010
I'm preparing for the screeds of social media posts saying "well looks like Scotland isn't so different after all", ignoring the UK having triple the average Scottish UKIP vote.

LemonDrizzle posted:

If it ends up with a 2/2/1/1 split on top of that, it goes from bad to nightmare.
I dunno about that. They've been in government for four years and are keeping pretty much the same percentage in the voting so far, so that's a positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Leggsy posted:

Well, be careful about drawing over-firm conclusions from partial results - IMO it's still too close to call. Either way though, it's a bad result for the SNP - they were above 40% in the euro polls at the start of the year and have collapsed to ~30% over the last five months. If it ends up with a 2/2/1/1 split on top of that, it goes from bad to nightmare.

• Locked thread