Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Indolent Bastard posted:

Pound sign? Pound sign!? It's called an octothorpe you jack rear end. If you are going to be a curmudgeon at least curmudgeon correctly.

And why can't I use an interobang rather than a !? combo? Stupid iPad.

Posted from my iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Pound sign? Pound sign!? It's called an octothorpe you jack rear end. If you are going to be a curmudgeon at least curmudgeon correctly.
It's called a hash. That's why tags on Twitter (and other websites) that use it are called hash tags. :shrug:

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

You know, I'm kinda curious how this keeps happening. Did Slylock and Max go over to Weirdly's dungeon of horrors one day and Weirdly welcomed them in as guests and invited them to sit down and served them a couple glasses of lemonade? And then Slylock and Max drank it? Again? I'm really starting to question Slylock's claims to super sleuth cunning here.
Slylock and Max just like playing in Weirdly's holodeck, so they come around saying "Gee, I hope Count Weirdly doesn't drug us and throw us in the 'virtual reality chamber' again! I always think he's transported us across the world to some far-away location! I sure am thirsty, though."

And the answer to this puzzle is that the ape is blue. Apes are not normally blue. Then again, mice aren't usually yellow and humans aren't normally green, so who knows?

Mandrake the Magician (1942-02-08)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Tiggum posted:

It's called a hash.

It's called a brushwood fence :colbert:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
It's a sharp ♪

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At least Count Weirdly isn't plainly sticking his head in through a hatch in thin air this time.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

I was gonna say the ripped jeans style is years old but I just looked up a couple women's apparel sites and sure enough they still sell them. Ugh.

It's not that they still sell them, it's that they're back again. They were out of fashion for a bit, now they're not.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Not to harp on Nicodemus too much, but, didn't he die? I'd swear he got offed, Mrs. Frisby did that magic trick, then she gave the necklace to I think his name was Justin, and she and Dom DeLuise lived happily ever after.

Not that it matters, this thing is now the Mr. Toad Story. He'd better be crashing into everything soon.

Geech came back.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

tiistai posted:

This is the only correct answer and I weep for our mass media for using unfunny anglisms.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

...customer service? We don't do that poo poo here. We don't give a poo poo about customers. The only people we care about are other retail employees. Actually, that's not true either. Let me amend that. We only care about other retail employees who are exactly like ourselves with the correct(TM) opinions.

Being pulled away from your work so that your boss can "amp you up" by telling you to do what you've already been doing all day, every day and then ask you what your CS goal is so you can barf out some trite company line instead of just say "I'm going to do what you told me to do and also help people find poo poo until my shift ends" is loving dumb and they're right to hate it. Cashiers have stats that can be monitored, but if you're working the sales floor the only criteria you're measured on is how quickly and efficiently you complete tasks; it's basically impossible to track your impact on sales as an individual. My company used to do this same sort of thing and not a single one ever worked because half the people in the group would be pulled away by customers because the store is already loving open.

Not to defend the characters in "Retail." They're all garbage, but this "huddle time" poo poo is more corporate dart throwing to stave off the encroaching irrelevance of brick-and-mortar retail.

Indolent Bastard posted:

And why can't I use an interobang rather than a !? combo? Stupid iPad.

It's a Tic-Tac-Toe symbol. :colbert:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

tiistai posted:

And @ is "meow meow" :c00lbert:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If it's not a hash, it couldn't be hash-bang-slash-bin-slash-bash.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That's a drat fine gorilla.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

WILL THE TEXTBOOK BE APPROVED? WILL THE SEQUENCING PROVE PROBLEMATIC? JOIN US AGAIN TOMORROW!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

don Jaime posted:

Not to harp on Nicodemus too much, but, didn't he die? I'd swear he got offed, Mrs. Frisby did that magic trick, then she gave the necklace to I think his name was Justin, and she and Dom DeLuise lived happily ever after.

None of that crap happened in the book. Which probably has implications for Toad and Stuart Little, as well.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Even though I saw it coming, Wiley, it made me smile.

Heavenly Nostrils

I'll bet they're tough to grill... :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/25/2003

:ughh:

Unbelievably perfect waste of Sunday comic space, Brooke. Kudos.

Dumb.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Don't all these things exist in Holbrook-world?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

gently caress Your Website posted:

Posted from my iPad

You must be a witch! Tell me your black magic secrets. (I just got this thing so I'm still figuring it out.)

‽ I did it! 7 characters to get that. Wow.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 25, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

WILL THE TEXTBOOK BE APPROVED? WILL THE SEQUENCING PROVE PROBLEMATIC? JOIN US AGAIN TOMORROW!

They can just adjust the reading order in the syllabus based on what seems the most logical sequence for the needs of the class. Problem solved.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

cobalt impurity posted:

Being pulled away from your work so that your boss can "amp you up" by telling you to do what you've already been doing all day, every day and then ask you what your CS goal is so you can barf out some trite company line instead of just say "I'm going to do what you told me to do and also help people find poo poo until my shift ends" is loving dumb and they're right to hate it. Cashiers have stats that can be monitored, but if you're working the sales floor the only criteria you're measured on is how quickly and efficiently you complete tasks; it's basically impossible to track your impact on sales as an individual. My company used to do this same sort of thing and not a single one ever worked because half the people in the group would be pulled away by customers because the store is already loving open.

Not to defend the characters in "Retail." They're all garbage, but this "huddle time" poo poo is more corporate dart throwing to stave off the encroaching irrelevance of brick-and-mortar retail.
I've never had to do sales huddles, but they're so loving stupid. Yeah, I'm working 20 hours a week for minimum wage and no commission, I'll work on getting super-psyched about my numbers.

The Dinette Set

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Indolent Bastard posted:

You must be a witch! Tell me your black magic secrets. (I just got this thing so I'm still figuring it out.)

‽ I did it! 7 characters to get that. Wow.

Just copy the interrobang into your clipboard and then go to Settings > General > Keyboard and add it as a new shortcut "?!" like all the cool kids do‽‽‽‽

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Scary Gary

Cow and Boy

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've never had to do sales huddles, but they're so loving stupid. Yeah, I'm working 20 hours a week for minimum wage and no commission, I'll work on getting super-psyched about my numbers.

Seconding this. It's such a waste of time, and it's amazing management types think it works.

Anyways, Dilbert & Compu-Toon updated! So have a double dose of those today!

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Coincidentally, that's about how long it's been since a "lost luggage" joke was actually funny.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

And now you're all noticing that bunny drawing above the barman.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (May 28, 1967)

Well, he did ask for it.

Funky Winkerbean

Classic Popeye Sunday (c. 1942)

Pogo: Continuing the Garbage Olympics (May 14, 1972)

First-Gen Blondie (c. 1942ish)

In case you're not sure what's going on in that last strip: Welcome to WW2, where recycling of scarce materials was pretty much mandatory. They were so in love with the idea that it took them fifty years to get back around to it again.

And in case you're really young: Welcome to WW2, when they still used metal for toothpaste tubes.

Out Our Way (January 14-15, 1925)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set

I'm looking at that "To Do" list and I wonder how they'll run their space heaters during a power outage. Same goes for microwave dinners unless the emergency is running out of regular food.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I really can't stand the Dinette Set. It is way too realistic in its portrayal of the sort of people I do my damnedest to avoid as they aggressively comparison-shop their way towards hospice care.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

cobalt impurity posted:

See, from the perspective of a cashier I'd gladly take any excuse not to be at my register, because being sworn at every day by drug addicts that have to wait a day to pick up their oxycodone, or asked "why doesn't my insurance cover this?!" 10 times a day was not fun. Watch a training video in the back room? Huddle time? poo poo yeah, sign me up!

If corporate wants to use the employee time they're paying for to do questionably effective huddles, and I'm getting paid to attend them, then whatever, it's their money.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 25, 2014

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Jim Keefe gives a look at the making of a Sally Forth Sunday strip.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

:unsmith:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mustapukuinen Mies - A Man in Black

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Kennel posted:

Mustapukuinen Mies - A Man in Black

Are they throwing :gonk:s around?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Are they throwing :gonk:s around?

I think it's a gloomerang.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That's a drat fine gorilla.

I'm taking quite a shine to that sloth.

Luann

:smithicide:

Apartment 3-G
I skipped a few of these in the catch-up because I could not work up the ability to give enough of a gently caress to make an effort. All you missed is that some random middle-aged lady showed up at the farm spouting mildly bitchy things and Tommie took an immediate dislike to her. Naturally, they were both smiling pleasantly at each other throughout the conversation.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hail to the king, baby! :dukedog:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Fritzi, I don't think Song of the South was something to be happy about.

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

This really just is a lovely version of Transmet, isn't it?

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:drat:

Also today's Nancy is so over the top Gilchrist that I can't feel anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech: Babewatch edition

Meanwhile,

I turned 14 in 1989, and I've never heard of Jan Howard or any of these songs before. I think he's making this up.

quote:

Lost Side of Suburbia

So the setting is definitely not "the states" but the American government agency NIMH is active here?

quote:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, so Margot Mazier would be a viable suspect.

• Locked thread