Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Mrenda posted:

In the vast majority of cases they're creepy as gently caress. They fetishize trans people and treat trans people like objects. An example is at a trans club where two of the trans people there were presenting male but most female. The chasers would come up to the group and completely ignore the male presenting people (even though it was obvious we were trans.) This of course didn't go down well with any of the people and they were told to gently caress off.

I have no objection to people being attracted specifically to trans people, as a fetish or kink or anything like that. I do have a problem with creepiness. I've talked to a few "chasers" online that aren't creepy at all. They're just normal people who have a thing for trans people. I wouldn't call them chasers though as that's a pretty negative thing.
Would you say that, other than a fetish/preference/kink/whatever, there's a fundamental difference between chasers and just plain lovely, creepy, uncouth straight dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

ut oh, I usually pick the woman in games. Does that mean I'm a troon?

Chicks always get better armor

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

What's the gender ratio of your friends
What was the gender ratio of your friends in the past, pre-transition to childhood

Most of my friends are female now that ive transitioned. I just have more in common with them and they are by far more accepting.

When I was in the military most of my friends were male; thats due to most of the military being male.

I prefer having girl buddies.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

It was a real question. Should Transwomen be allowed to compete in women's sports?

I don't know why you're quoting my answer on chasers but I answered about trans women in sports.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mrenda posted:

In the vast majority of cases they're creepy as gently caress. They fetishize trans people and treat trans people like objects. An example is at a trans club where two of the trans people there were presenting male but most female. The chasers would come up to the group and completely ignore the male presenting people (even though it was obvious we were trans.) This of course didn't go down well with any of the people and they were told to gently caress off.

This story is a bit confusing. Ignoring a "male presenting" person at a bar is exactly what a normal straight man would do, so how does that tie into being a 'chaser' in your mind?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

psyopmonkey posted:

No.

Sorry, but I can still physically out perform just about every girl ive met. Im also taller than most genetic chicks which can be another advantage in some sports.

Its not "fair" in my eyes. Just my opinion though.
Never mind sports. What about intellectual endeavors? Would you say MtFs tend to have an advantage just by virtue of being raised male and not being discouraged from STEM-related pursuits?

Torka posted:

I don't know if this is indicative of anything other than personality type, I'm straight and cis and have never questioned my sexual orientation or gender identity and I've always made better friends with girls from an early age
Don't know either. Same.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Sabel posted:

Would you say that, other than a fetish/preference/kink/whatever, there's a fundamental difference between chasers and just plain lovely, creepy, uncouth straight dudes

I've found chasers to be a lot more predatory, but I haven't experienced either to be able to give a definitive answer. Sorry.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mrenda posted:

I don't know why you're quoting my answer on chasers but I answered about trans women in sports.

I asked again after you answered, but never submitted it. Got your answer now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Are you pre or post-op? Don't have to answer if you don't want to

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mrenda posted:

Short answer, yes. Longer answer would have to do with hormone levels, level of transition, time after transition and level of competition.

So each professional women's sport could have some sort of commission to determine whether or not potential trans player are sufficiently a woman?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

So each professional women's sport could have some sort of commission to determine whether or not potential trans player are sufficiently a woman?

this is actually a pretty good question

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Or there could be a Tran League.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Not a trans person, but similar issues are being hashed out right now in international sports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

This is pretty much what happened at Olympic level. There's certain criteria that have to be met (I believe it's two years post-surgery and constant female hormone levels.) For many of the organisations that have policy they maintain that criteria throughout all levels, other organisations loosen the requirements as the competition level decreases. There are also a lot of organisations where there's no "competition" as such and games are recreational and their concerns are far less with some simply about addressing safety with regards to muscle mass, etc.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

skaboomizzy posted:

Not a trans person, but similar issues are being hashed out right now in international sports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya

Be fair, her name is Semenyeah

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I know you said you don't give a gently caress about anime but what do you make of this?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sabel posted:

I know you said you don't give a gently caress about anime but what do you make of this?

isn't there also a Cowboy Bebop episode about a chick with a dick on Mars?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Never mind sports. What about intellectual endeavors? Would you say MtFs tend to have an advantage just by virtue of being raised male and not being discouraged from STEM-related pursuits?

Every successful transgender person I know is in STEM. The rest are serving coffee and being less than useful.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Seriously, New Orleans has some loving crazy-rear end trannies. There is a restaurant where all the waitresses are trans.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Maoist Pussy posted:

Seriously, New Orleans has some loving crazy-rear end trannies. There is a restaurant where all the waitresses are trans.
Hamburger Mary's? We have those in LA too.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sabel posted:

Hamburger Mary's? We have those in LA too.

There's one around Tampa/St Pete, too. Looks like a fun time, to be honest.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I would nom a burger at one of these joints.

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax
who raped you and also who do you blame for your mental illness?

whats it like to know no one will ever love you for who you are?

whats it like to be a freak?

whats it like to be a HUGE loving DISAPPOINTMENT to whatever parents you have lol?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

isn't there also a Cowboy Bebop episode about a chick with a dick on Mars?
Grens and the story was that he was male-identifying and presenting but while he was a prisoner they tested some drugs on him that happened to have estrogen-like effects

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku. posted:

who raped you and also who do you blame for your mental illness?

whats it like to know no one will ever love you for who you are?

whats it like to be a freak?

whats it like to be a HUGE loving DISAPPOINTMENT to whatever parents you have lol?

Pretty sure I never got diddled as a kid.

Im coming to terms with it.

Pretty f'ing cool.

They dont know, we dont talk; I give less than zero craps what they think because im a grown rear end woman and dont need parental support.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sabel posted:

Grens and the story was that he was male-identifying and presenting but while he was a prisoner they tested some drugs on him that happened to have estrogen-like effects

gotta admit, he had some nice tits

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

Pretty sure I never got diddled as a kid.

Im coming to terms with it.

Pretty f'ing cool.

They dont know, we dont talk; I give less than zero craps what they think because im a grown rear end woman and dont need parental support.

sure lol

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Do you feel conflicted when you receive negative treatment, but the kind of negative treatment that women get because you passed (sexual harassment, misogyny)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
1 What's your favorite Ethan Hawke movie?

1b if it's not GATTACA, why isn't it GATTACA?

2 Who's your favorite obscure superhero? So like, not spiderman, batman, super man, Ironman, etc.

3 If it was ethically sourced, would you be willing to eat human flesh? Like, at a restaurant, not in a survival situation

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

1 What's your favorite Ethan Hawke movie?

1b if it's not GATTACA, why isn't it GATTACA?

2 Who's your favorite obscure superhero? So like, not spiderman, batman, super man, Ironman, etc.

3 If it was ethically sourced, would you be willing to eat human flesh? Like, at a restaurant, not in a survival situation

Training day :colbert:

Apocalypse

Hell yes. And, dog meat wasnt too bad either!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Do you eat beans?
Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt?
Do you eat beans with George Wendt?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans in a movie?
How many beans do you eat in a George Wendt bean-eating movie?
How many bean-eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

psyopmonkey posted:

Training day :colbert:

Apocalypse

Hell yes. And, dog meat wasnt too bad either!

Apocalypse isn't a superhero

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sabel posted:

I'd like an answer to this question but you sound like you hate anime enough to the point where you refuse to answer it or click the link. I'm sorry.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Do you feel conflicted when you receive negative treatment, but the kind of negative treatment that women get because you passed (sexual harassment, misogyny)

I try to consider the source of the negative treatment. If its just some retard being retarded, then I move on and go about my day. If its directed hatred from someone who seems to just absolutely hate who I am I try to be nice and leave the situation.

Im not going to let idiots ruin my day. If I can help someone and make them feel better then its all for the best.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What's your favorite Jude Law movie, GATTACA or eXistenZ?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Apocalypse isn't a superhero

I don't like that you said Spider-man could't be her favorite superhero

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

I'd like an answer to this question but you sound like you hate anime enough to the point where you refuse to answer it or click the link. I'm sorry.

It was pretty lame. I still prefer adventure time and regular show.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

psyopmonkey posted:

It was pretty lame. I still prefer adventure time and regular show.
Fair enough. :kiddo:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

What's your favorite Jude Law movie, GATTACA or eXistenZ?

A.I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Good answer.

• Locked thread