Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Do you eat beans?
Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt?
Do you eat beans with George Wendt?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans in a movie?
How many beans do you eat in a George Wendt bean-eating movie?
How many bean-eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?

Im going to make curried lentils tomorrow.
Shut up.
Ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

psyopmonkey posted:

Im going to make curried lentils tomorrow.
Shut up.
Ect.
With cilantro I hope

He acted circles around Osment. Gigolo Joe was great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I don't like that you said Spider-man could't be her favorite superhero

I said obscure superhero.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

THAT WASN'T AN OPTION

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

THAT WASN'T AN OPTION

But, Jude Law was the only good part of that movie

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

But, Jude Law was the only good part of that movie

GATTACA or eXistenZ?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

GATTACA or eXistenZ?

GATTACA. You know why they named it that?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

boom boom boom posted:

THAT WASN'T AN OPTION

he was cute in Enemy At The Gates :3:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

GATTACA or eXistenZ?

Enemy at the gates. :colbert:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

psyopmonkey posted:

You stupid poo poo THIS IS WHY YOU'LL NEVER BE A PROTECTED CLASS

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

he was cute in Enemy At The Gates :3:

psyopmonkey posted:

I'm not even sure if I ever saw that movie

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Jude Law is balding now and that is such a shame.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I'm not even sure if I ever saw that movie
It's entertaining but not accurate in the least.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sabel posted:

Jude Law is balding now and that is such a shame.

It's entertaining but not accurate in the least.
is that the yugoslav war movie or the wwii soviets movie? I forget

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

is that the yugoslav war movie or the wwii soviets movie? I forget

WW2 long range warfare Russians with the really cute brunette chick.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If there was a mutual attraction between you and a potential partner, but they still thought of you as a man, would that be a dealbreaker?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psyopmonkey posted:

Every successful transgender person I know is in STEM. The rest are serving coffee and being less than useful.

this is probably the funniest thing i have ever heard considering nerds are about the only other demographic that seems to be unable to succeed outside of tech/science

that leads me into a followup about how many nerds who are also trannies that you know

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

If there was a mutual attraction between you and a potential partner, but they still thought of you as a man, would that be a dealbreaker?

Not a deal breaker really, but they would need to understand that im just gonna keep falling down the rabbit hole that is known as "being happy in my body".

If theyre cool with me continuing to change then im cool with them.

I like people for who they are not what they are.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

powerful weedlock posted:

this is probably the funniest thing i have ever heard considering nerds are about the only other demographic that seems to be unable to succeed outside of tech/science
maybe non trans nerds = denial ??? :wth:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

WW2 long range warfare Russians with the really cute brunette chick.

was it the late 90's sniper movie? the one that ended with the hero shooting his nemesis through his scope?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

was it the late 90's sniper movie? the one that ended with the hero shooting his nemesis through his scope?
Yes.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Sabel posted:

I can't see how I could be attracted to someone like that. If it happened though I don't know what I'd do, I honestly can't imagine such a situation at the moment.

powerful weedlock posted:

that leads me into a followup about how many nerds who are also trannies that you know

I've had significant conversations with about ten troons, three of them were nerdy enough to be considered full blown nerds. The rest were regular non-nerds.

Edit: Excluding online troons, who are almost all nerds.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oh. that was a pretty bad movie. Jude Law looked good in Gattaca, but real bad in that one.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
do you now consider yourself straight, or gay, and do you think your thoughts growing up or your parents opinions on homosexuality had a influence on your decision to become a trans?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jim Rustler posted:

do you now consider yourself straight, or gay?

This is actually a pretty good question

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Jim Rustler posted:

do you now consider yourself straight, or gay, and do you think your thoughts growing up or your parents opinions on homosexuality had a influence on your decision to become a trans?

I consider myself Bi. I see pretty girls and guys all the time. I care more about the person than what they are though.

Ive discarded all the crap my parents tried to put on me and ive made up my own opinions.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Jim Rustler posted:

I'm straight (I like dudes.)

I was always trans so my parents opinions have no bearing on that. My parents' along with society's views on homosexual and transgender people definitely had an effect on how long it took for me to be comfortable with me being trans.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
you to are great. Thanks for answering so many questions

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Are there more troons per goon than there are transfolk per capita in, say, the United States and why do you think that is?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

VanSandman posted:

Are there more troons per goon than there are transfolk per capita in, say, the United States and why do you think that is?

I think its like .01 of the population is trans in the states.

LGBT population stats are usually only in the 5-7% range.

Find your own stats.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

you to are great. Thanks for answering so many questions

Ahww! Thanks bud! Im glad we could alleviate some misconceptions.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

VanSandman posted:

From entirely anecdotal evidence I think there are more troons per online capita than real life capita. A lot of troons are hidden away, shy, etc. and are naturally drawn to online communities even if they're not very nerdy people (they don't play games, don't watch animes, don't read comics, etc.)

I remember reading about this back in the early 90s so it's probably quite well documented. Sherry Turkle, an MIT professor has done quite a bit on online communities. Her book that I read is Life On the Screen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What sci-fi univers would you prefer to live in, Star Trek, STar Wars, Warhammer 40k, Marvel, DC, Stargate, sliders, culture, foundation, Uplift, Red Mars, Martian Chronicles, Gundam, 5 star stories, riddick, aliens, starcraft, VOTOMS, I,robot, John Carter, Halo, Defiance, Hainish, Man-Kzin, Pacific Rim, Dune, Xeelee, Foreigner, RIFTS, Shadowrun, X-COM, Infinity, Riverworld, world of tiers, Alliance-Union, Quantum Leap, Hunger Games, Primer or other PLEASE SPECIFY

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

Ahww! Thanks bud! Im glad we could alleviate some misconceptions.

You two could have gotten pissed at the derails, or the rear end in a top hat questions, but you didn't. Thanks for actually answering the questions

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Imagine a world where it's the mentally hosed up people that tend to gather on forums.... Now open your eyes, and realize this world is your own

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

What sci-fi univers would you prefer to live in, Star Trek, STar Wars, Warhammer 40k, Marvel, DC, Stargate, sliders, culture, foundation, Uplift, Red Mars, Martian Chronicles, Gundam, 5 star stories, riddick, aliens, starcraft, VOTOMS, I,robot, John Carter, Halo, Defiance, Hainish, Man-Kzin, Pacific Rim, Dune, Xeelee, Foreigner, RIFTS, Shadowrun, X-COM, Infinity, Riverworld, world of tiers, Alliance-Union, Quantum Leap, Hunger Games, Primer or other PLEASE SPECIFY

The Culture. Iain Banks was pretty progressive when it comes to troons.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

What sci-fi univers would you prefer to live in, Star Trek, STar Wars, Warhammer 40k, Marvel, DC, Stargate, sliders, culture, foundation, Uplift, Red Mars, Martian Chronicles, Gundam, 5 star stories, riddick, aliens, starcraft, VOTOMS, I,robot, John Carter, Halo, Defiance, Hainish, Man-Kzin, Pacific Rim, Dune, Xeelee, Foreigner, RIFTS, Shadowrun, X-COM, Infinity, Riverworld, world of tiers, Alliance-Union, Quantum Leap, Hunger Games, or other PLEASE SPECIFY

Firefly...

Because you cant take the sky from me.

And, I would be a bad rear end companion/mercenary. Get some gor-ram credits up in here.

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
Do you think this guy was a troon in the closet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqn8gTmEQw

I honestly get some sorta troon vibe from him

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax
post a picture haha

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax
post a picture of you "passing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku.
Feb 5, 2014

by Lowtax
really wanna see what you consider "passing as a female" lol!!!!

• Locked thread