Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I know it's only tangentially connected (and only connected via rage) to the topic at hand, but I must say that I saw the most mystifying(ly stupid) bootleg Calvin sticker on the back of a vehicle today. There were no other stickers on the back to identify if it was parodic, a serious political statement, or what. It's almost zen-like in its badness. Thankfully, the use of Arial means that it was actually fairly easy to GIS one and create a replica. Honestly, I'm just baffled. I just don't get it.

e: Oh, jesus, this had to be the first post on the page, didn't it? I'm sorry.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

don Jaime posted:

M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, so Margot Mazier would be a viable suspect.

13 looks like a B, so obviously he meant it was Bruce the Banker.

Juliet Jones

I'm a little embarassed how long it took me to figure out she's lighting a cigarette in the last panel. At first it looked to me like a rocket was flying through the room. Maybe it's time to see my optometrist...

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

don Jaime posted:

So the setting is definitely not "the states" but the American government agency NIMH is active here?

They're in Britain, and they're probably going elsewhere to fight the dastardly department of health. I mean, why the hell would you keep Toad around if you aren't going to give him a flying car?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (April 23rd 2007)

So somebody actually died and I'm just laughing at the horrible construction here. I am a monster.

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

--

Eyebeam (March 19th 1983)

So would we call this a life hack today? With our new, hip lingo I mean.

It's All Right Chief Dharma (October 19th 2009)

I had to do something weird to preserve the joke here. No idea if it worked.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 26, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

don Jaime posted:

M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, so Margot Mazier would be a viable suspect.

I was thinking it was an A and a C, but sadly there was no Mario Lopez.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

don Jaime posted:

I turned 14 in 1989, and I've never heard of Jan Howard or any of these songs before. I think he's making this up.
I also turned 14 in 1989 but I remember the Song of the South one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdXQAQHjd8

But enough of late 80s country music.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Christ, lady, he took the loving job didn't he? He even cut his goddam hair to interview for this lovely minimum wage janitor gig. Give him a break.

Rex Morgan MD

It's Hat Week in Rex Morgan.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Regarding Inspector Danger, that has to be the dopiest marine biologist I've seen, and I know quite a few. They're actually fairly active and outdoorsy since they do a lot of coastal work and go sailing around on boats a lot.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

Regarding Inspector Danger, that has to be the dopiest marine biologist I've seen, and I know quite a few. They're actually fairly active and outdoorsy since they do a lot of coastal work and go sailing around on boats a lot.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Midnight Moth posted:

He builds rapport with the barnacle by resembling the barnacle.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I thought it was suspect two because of how she's holding the martini glass.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Same here.

On the other hand, I now know that it's okay to greet someone with, "Hello, neighbor! SPIT WORDS!"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

13 is the number of episodes in a series of Monty Python's Flying Circus. Dinsdale is the murderer. He can't afford a lawyer and will crack under tough questioning, so it's as good a reason as any to take a worthless unemployed off the streets.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Tiggum posted:

As a cat owner, I know for a fact the answer to this one is bullshit. Clearly, one of her rear end in a top hat cats sat on her neck in the middle of the night until she suffocated.

mtomato
Oct 22, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Too easy. The culprit is obviously the person in the 13th panel.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

mtomato posted:

Too easy. The culprit is obviously the person in the 13th panel.

:golfclap:

Is Inspector Danger translated from something? There's something off about the writing and logic. Besides being insane.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BlueDestiny posted:

Is Inspector Danger translated from something? There's something off about the writing and logic. Besides being insane.
It's Danish originally, although just now I found this info page where it says the author has lived in the US for 25 years, so who knows what's up really. My original theory was "repurposed art, new solutions" but translation issues seem more likely now, or just a bad grasp on English.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 7, 1927)

Peanuts (May 29, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

:bang: CHESTER HAGGLEMORE :bang:

Holly's going to make the trip after visiting her gynecologist, Doctor Gropenside.

Popeye gives us Wimpy the poo poo disturber.

Rip Haywire

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Merry Memorial Day! Sorry all you non-Memorial Day havers. I'll drink a beer for you. :v:

Most likely because this created the requirement. He didn't eat a car, but he did eat a plane and a bunch of other stuff.

Jane's World

Ok? Right.. good to know, then.. for whatever reason.

Non Sequitur

:ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils

What the hell's up with that patterning? Ew.

Kliban

Ooookkaayy?

9 Chickweed Lane 5/26/2003

Wow, Brooke. That sounds pretty gross. :barf:

Zits

Wow, 5 a piece? Impressive. I'd be vibrating like a tuning fork.

Kevin & Kell

Wait, what? How many times do they plan on getting married?

Nemi

And, just when I thought we may've one-upped the UK, I'm wrong. :argh:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kliban

Ooookkaayy?

Rex was once a popular name for dogs.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Merry Memorial Day! Sorry all you non-Memorial Day havers. I'll drink a beer for you. :v:

Nemi

And, just when I thought we may've one-upped the UK, I'm wrong. :argh:

I think the US and the UK took part in some minor joint police action or peacekeeping thing back in the 1940's and some soldiers died or something. Joint holiday, maybe?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- Are you down?
- Oh you mean the syndrome, huh?!

I guess it works in English but the joke is so bad I can't be bothered to edit it in. Stupid anglicisms.

Fok_It

J. Karjalainen ja Mustat lasit (J. Karjalainen and the Black Glasses) was a popular blues folk rock group in the 80's. In case you forgot, the W stands for Wednesday.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/26/2003

Wow, Brooke. That sounds pretty gross. :barf:

Ladies love it when you compare their facial features to an open wound. :heysexy:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

I think the US and the UK took part in some minor joint police action or peacekeeping thing back in the 1940's and some soldiers died or something. Joint holiday, maybe?

No, actually. This is just the UK spring bank holiday that used to be Whit monday but got fixed on the last Monday in May because Easter already moves too many around.

The big UK military memorial day is Remembrance Sunday in November.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Mister Kingdom posted:

Rex was once a popular name for dogs.

And an equally uncreative name for a king.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac And who doesn't?

The Creeps should probably go to the hospital.

Broom Hilda Friday's, not worth anything else to post.

That bear's gonna gently caress her up.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

That's kind of a mean thing to say.

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears

"Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." - Gene Fowler

The Dinette Set

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Oh Fok_It, didn't see you there

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, Detroit is a pretty cool town. Lots of amazing architecture, good food, and the streets are so empty now that you can just walk everywhere no problem. Wander outside the metro area and you're practically in Beirut, though.

Well, that was my weekend, how about you guys? Oh, wait, I left things on a cliffhanger again, didn't I? Well, here's your Conclusion Comix.

RandomFerret posted:

Previously on Pooch Café

Three days later Poncho died of ick.

Ballard Street

The great thing about Arthur's fetish is that they don't have to do anything to indulge him. Acting like he's not even there is still hot as hell.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PLUMB, dammit! :argh:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma (October 19th 2009)

I had to do something weird to preserve the joke here. No idea if it worked.

Does the joke have to do with the falling waitress?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

gleebster posted:

God, I didn't even see that! I have to be more detail oriented with these.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Truly, the '80s were the last great decade for non-Super Soaker toy guns.

:smith:

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mustapukuinen Mies - A Man in Black

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

gleebster posted:

The joke is that he's not a man who asked her on a coffee date (which the waitress apparently assumed), it's her brother and they caught each other playing hooky.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Gil has a habit of watching really bad adult television. When I was a kid whenever the TV was free and a good cartoon wasn't on it was always video game time.

Retail

You know, I looked into the business justification for huddles for the sake of hearing both sides and one of the reasons listed was to make sure employees were on the right track and not wasting a bunch of time doing the wrong thing and management didn't need to check up on them as often. So congrats to Norm Feuti for showing why this store could benefit from huddles. I wonder how much Amber's mistake just cost the store.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I haven't been in grade school for so long I completely forgot that schools get out around now.

Dustin

Looks like any other bachelor pad.

On the Fastrack

1) Do large organizations not already have the lion's share of bandwidth on account of bandwidth costing money?
2) Just how much bandwidth did it take for that Solitaire java applet to load?

Safe Havens

Oh. Well, I guess Sam's reckless toying with mad science finally got the best of her, and that's the end of Safe Havens. Hope everyone enjoyed it!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

That is an amazing picture of Brian Blessed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Scary Gary

Cow and Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Looks like any other bachelor pad.

Oh, those wacky teenagers, always...messing up their otherwise relatively clean rooms by leaving their drawers and cabinets open?

• Locked thread