Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

cursedshitbox posted:

I've been kicking the idea around of trading the FZR for a enduro/dual sport or super moto. I've owned it 3ish years, This last year, I have barely ridden the thing. I'd much rather see it go to someone thats going to beat the crap out of it on a track vs let it sit in a garage.

Details!

Frame/Suspension:
1988 FZR 400 frame. These were aluminum vs the steel 600 frames.
GSXR 1000 forks, 6 pot calipers, Steel lines, Ducati "snowflake" rotors.
The axle shaft is custom machined out of cold rolled steel. I wanted to retain the original narrow 400 wheel.
Rear swingarm is stock 400, with a fox twin clicker for suspension.
Subframe is bobbed and braced. It's steel.

Engine:
98-00ish YZF600 mill.
12,-13,000 miles.
early YZF TCI box with out TPS sensor
Early YZF carburetors with later guts inside, jetted for pod filters. No ram air components either.
late model R1 rectifire, MOSFET controlled instead of shunt resistors.
NRC peanut cover.
DiD X-ring 520 chain, 14 48 steel sprockets.
FZR600 radiator, silicone hoses, GSXR 750 compact radiator fan with manual controls.
GSXR600 stubby exhaust pipe on D&D race headers.
repsol racing 4T oil.
50/50 green coolant.

Bodywork/cosmetics:
R6 switch gear
Fiberglass street and race bodywork
Xtra comfort hard plastic seat.
R1 tail lamps with brake/signal splitter from a trailer.
Entire bike rewired with modular plugs for street and or race.
Tinted and clear windscreen
Koso cluster
late model R6 mirrors.
mostly drilled for safety wire.
Tires have around 1500 miles on em.

Known issues:
battery is too weak to crank the bike after sitting a month or two. daily driven is not a issue.
One spraybombed black wheel, one 1980s painted white wheel that looks terrible.
Its registered, but there is no title. I'll be happy to leave it regg'd as long as its insured. I know a guy with a black powdercoated 400 frame for 650 with a title.
If you're over say 5'9" You're going to be miserable. After going back to the original bodywork and seat It really hammers on my lovely knees to ride this thing for more than a hour or two.

Photos:
http://imgur.com/a/6LnYR
Older video from a few months ago when I was setting the carbs up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKIeZLWHcI

I'm after something a little more upright, and that I can bomb rear end down dirt roads with. I'm particularly fond of KTM or Yamaha, but its not a must. I'm located in Las Vegas, NV. I Travel to LA or so every couple weeks. I have a hauler and could haul it out there or within a reasonable range of LV. I'm probably forgetting a ton of crap too.

If you're willing to part ways with a racing (or street) tail section please let me know. I have a 97 FZR600R and I have everything but a tail for the track. I'm not quite sure if it fits though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I have a set of black 43 mm Woodcraft clip-ons with a 2" riser. One of the bars was drilled with a 1/4" hole. Asking $100 shipped from Ohio. Revzilla is wanting $161.99. I'd also take a set adjustable levers from Pazzo, CRG, or PRS that will fit a Honda 919. Don't much care about the condition.

Looking at Woodcraft's site these will fit the following:
Yamaha R6 99-04
Honda CBR600F4/F4i (Woodcraft states that there is interference with the stock bodywork)
Honda CB900F Hornet 900/919
Buell M2 Cyclone
Kawasaki ZRX 1100/1200

There is likely more, as the 919 wasn't listed but that's what they came off of. PO fitted them. They fit and worked fine but I hated them and took them off as soon as I got the bike home. They've been sitting in the garage for a year.

If you live in or near an hour anywhere from Columbus, OH I'd be willing to drop them off instead of messing around with shipping.

*edit*
As of 5/31/14 these are still for sale. Make me an offer before I throw em up on ebay.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 1, 2014

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
I need some kit.

Specifically I need a jacket, moreover, I need it shipped to Taiwan.
I've been squidding for an age, and I'm sure that my luck can't last.

I need a 54~ according to Dainese sizes (they sell up to 52 here). I don't know what that means in real numbers, but I'm short and more porky than I'd like to be, but a bigger jacket will get used with a suit etc under it anyways, so I'm quite sure I want large with breathing space.

I know this is a sell thread, but I figure asking wont get me banned .... will it?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
You can have it sent to me and I'll reship for you. PM or post up contact info :)

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Z3n posted:

You can have it sent to me and I'll reship for you. PM or post up contact info :)

I got banned for dumb-posting a while back, which means I don't have plat atm.
You're in the IRC a bunch, lemme PM you there, we can chat.

I'm in need of a full set of ATGATT for me and gf will need some bits and pieces too.

I used to have a good friend in Texas, who would by-pass sales tax for me (open item, ship as used goods), is that you too?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

url posted:

I got banned for dumb-posting a while back, which means I don't have plat atm.
You're in the IRC a bunch, lemme PM you there, we can chat.

I'm in need of a full set of ATGATT for me and gf will need some bits and pieces too.

I used to have a good friend in Texas, who would by-pass sales tax for me (open item, ship as used goods), is that you too?

I'm not on IRC, haha. You can email me at Google's mail service. I can defintely unwrap and send at used goods if it'll save you :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 13, 2014

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Z3n posted:

I'm not on IRC, haha. You can email me @ "ScrapeThis.com". I can defintely unwrap and send at used goods if it'll save you :)

Mail sent, thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

:)

url fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 13, 2014

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

url posted:

Revzilla ships international (not sure about Taiwan, but they detect I'm in Japan and display a banner saying they ship here), not sure how much they charge for it though. I did run into an issue when I tried ordering another SMH10 because I guess Sena doesn't like that (the Revzilla CSR who emailed me was nice enough to suggest bouncing it off a friend in the US, which is my usual MO), but I doubt gear manufacturers are quite so particular.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Revzilla ships international (not sure about Taiwan, but they detect I'm in Japan and display a banner saying they ship here), not sure how much they charge for it though. I did run into an issue when I tried ordering another SMH10 because I guess Sena doesn't like that (the Revzilla CSR who emailed me was nice enough to suggest bouncing it off a friend in the US, which is my usual MO), but I doubt gear manufacturers are quite so particular.

Yeah, I'v been looking at some stuff on Revzilla, but I kinda wanted to get second-hand kit since my budget is a bit tight for a while.
I seem to have expensive tastes which doesn't help.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Updated prices on this stuff
Dainese D-Dry Evo Pants - $210 - Size 52 (approx 34 US)

Alpinestars SMX-1 - $110 - Size 43 EUR/9 US

That price includes standard ground shipping (or whatever is cheapest at fedex).

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

XYLOPAGUS posted:

If you're willing to part ways with a racing (or street) tail section please let me know. I have a 97 FZR600R and I have everything but a tail for the track. I'm not quite sure if it fits though.

I have just a single tail, and its on it.

I do however have a 04' gsxr600 tail thats doing absolutely nothing that was on the bike a few years ago.
If you're in LA or something I'll bring it down, otherwise I'd be happy to ship the thing to ya.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Got a jacket for sale. Fieldsheer brand, black leather, sport style, US size 42, $150. I'll cover shipping for goons or take 10% off if you're local to LA.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mpo/4478416710.html

Well Played Mauer fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 20, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
I have some old techie crap that is free to anyone that wants it. Just pay USPS shipping.

The monster is spoken for!

Here's a steering stem RAM mount that I used on my 2002 Yamaha YZF-R6. I'm sure it will fit other bikes as well. Put it in your stem hole (heh heh) and then tighten it up with an Allen wrench. (It uses friction or some other poo poo to sorta stay on) I used this to hold a Garmin GPS on my bike when I rode from Detroit to Nashville on my SPORT BIKE. (YES I STILL TALK ABOUT THIS)

This is an iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S RAM mount. I'm using the ball for something else. It'll save you a couple of bucks if you are old tech lover who like to bolt too much poo poo to your bike!

Just PM with your zip code and I'll give your shipping estimate.

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 20, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Are you Epic? Are you Wide? Are you a high def hating hipster? I have just the FREE camera for you!

Pay shipping, I'll throw in a 2GB memory card so that you can record literally HOURS UPON HOURS OF AWESOME HOT VIDEO. (More like 60 minutes with 2 AAA batteries)

WOW look at the awesome waterproof case! Man, those lens scratches are the best! Shut up it's free. Post videos or else the Karma police will come and take it away. Standard def videos will make you look hotter than you really are. Helmet cameras also add 2.5 HP at the rear wheel.

Example video I made with this sweet camera. http://youtu.be/SYNbOZu7ZEM

Gone, or soon to be! Are you all hating yourself right now? You could have been immortalized in 360p on the Youtubes!

Hold on to your hope! I have more epic things to come! Perhaps I should have made my own thread?

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 21, 2014

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Can I have the free camera?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If I don't break it in a month or so, I'll post it back here. We'll have a rotating goon biek cam.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

We should totally do a collaborative goon vlog documenting how stupid drivers are. Do a vlog, pass it on.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Do you enjoy your commute?

Well here's hours of commute footage.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Transaction in progress.

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 24, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Transaction in progress!

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 24, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Do you have a 1999-2002 YZF-R6? Want to show your allegiance to Cobra? I have just the upgrade for you! 100% certified to deflect blue lasers. Battle tested and Commander approved. Message me and it's yours. I'll even pay shipping because this thing is awesome.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Crayvex posted:

Do you have a 1999-2002 YZF-R6? Want to show your allegiance to Cobra?

Holy gently caress, I need an R6.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Crayvex posted:

:siren: This one isn't free! :siren:

I have a Rapid Transit 19 Magnetic Tank Bag that has to go. I used the gently caress out of this on my R6 and I need to remove the temptation to use it on my FZ1 because I don't want to scratch my tank. It never scratched my R6 but then again... um... gently caress it maybe I will keep it... NO I BOUGHT GIVI BAGS JUST FOR THIS REASON.

I'm asking $30 shipped which is crazy cheap compared to new.

http://www.rapid-transit.com/Products/Recon19.htm

I have a hydration pack with thermal coldness gel that I'll throw in as well. This poo poo has a bite valve. You can put your mouth where mine was! (Maybe clean this poo poo with bleach)If you don't want it, lemme know. I can fill it with vodka or something.

Private message me or email me at tydeusmelnyk at the gmail.com

PM Sent!

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Hey CA Goons,

I'm selling my first bike. Here's the cross post from SA Mart:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637439

It's a good little thumper/cafe. A little polish/cosmetic work would be needed to make it perfect, but it drives great, is lightweight, makes a great sound and would be tons of fun for someone that lives near the bendies.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Retiring from motorcycling for the time being (because it's loving boring in Kansas.)

Have my Dainese boots for sale here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637442

Also have an 09 VStrom for sale in Wichita, Kan. if the dumb state ever send me the title.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

McStephenson posted:

It's a good little thumper

It shouldn't be a thumper.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

ChewedFood posted:

It shouldn't be a thumper.

Well, it's a homage bike to the BSA Goldstar and Norton Manx! It's a single cylinder, it is a thumper!

unless you're making fun of my fixing it, in which case :lol:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I assumed it was a parallel twin myself. Neat little bike, I've never heard of them before.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I know this isn't the right place for it, but could you tell me why it has two pipes going out (in?) for a single cylinder? I checked wikipedia and it is indeed a single, so I'm curious.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

One per valve I assume, but as for a real benefit? I have no idea.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
It's got a four radial valve system, two of which are exhaust, hence the two exhaust ports.

The bike comes from the XBR500 which used to run multiple silencers, hence the valve system? I think?

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

McStephenson posted:

Well, it's a homage bike to the BSA Goldstar and Norton Manx! It's a single cylinder, it is a thumper!

unless you're making fun of my fixing it, in which case :lol:

I was saying it should probably have both pistons firing. Because I don't fact check. Just called it on two pipes.

Buuut now we're all smarter because of my mistake.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
How much for the vstrom? Would love pictures...

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Captain Apollo posted:

How much for the vstrom? Would love pictures...

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4443123708.html

Think the post is about to expire though so look quick!

Edit for actual link and not CL edit link.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 26, 2014

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Sold!

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 1, 2014

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
While I get that re-selling helmets is not generally done, I also know that I bought this helmet in February and have never dropped it or wrecked in any way with it on. It was my first helmet, and after riding for a month or so it just did not work for me.

It's a silver HJC IS MAX BT (with the little bluetooth slot thing on the side). It's a modular helmet, with the drop-down sunglasses, which work great. Size MEDIUM.

I paid $190. If you need a helmet, I will ship it to you for $75 to cover the shipping and whatnot. It's a very decent helmet, but it just didn't fit me as well as I initially thought it would.

I also have a Tourmaster Jett 3 jacket (size XXL). It has a liner, is in excellent shape, and should be quite water-resistant, as I have washed and treated it with NikWax. I ended up losing weight and getting a more water-proof jacket, so I'm getting rid of the jacket. Letting it go for $50.

Last, I have a Tourmaster Overpant (size 40/42). It's been worn once - I got it for my husband, but it was the wrong size. It's a great pant, with knee and hip padding, and that accordion knee thing. I've been wearing the same version for months in the rain, and it's never once let water in. Price: $50. This zips to the Jett jacket, too, if the sizes line up properly for you.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Crayvex posted:

Do you have a 1999-2002 YZF-R6? Want to show your allegiance to Cobra? I have just the upgrade for you! 100% certified to deflect blue lasers. Battle tested and Commander approved. Message me and it's yours. I'll even pay shipping because this thing is awesome.

Hahahaha I remember selling you this before it was Cobra-ized! It looked much, much better on your blue R6 with the logo on it than on mine which looked like this before I began the de-moroning process.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Hahahaha I remember selling you this before it was Cobra-ized! It looked much, much better on your blue R6 with the logo on it than on mine which looked like this before I began the de-moroning process.

Thanks again for sending it to me! I loved the look on the Blue R6. It helped it stand out in the literal sea of blue ones at my work place. I haven't made up my mind where I will put Cobra logos on the FZ1, but it WILL happen.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

What brand were those saddlebags? I only glanced at this post before you sold it and am looking for some soft bags like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

hot sauce posted:

What brand were those saddlebags? I only glanced at this post before you sold it and am looking for some soft bags like that.

They are Nelson Rigg CL-1000 and CL-150. The exact models I had are discontinued but there are similar styles available. What kind of bike are you putting them on?