Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Are you using speakers or headphones? I was using headphones, and could hear okay, but a fella I know online said what you were saying, and he was on monitor speakers. Its pretty weird..

Logitech Z623, these guys:

I'm playing on the PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

plape tickler posted:

For throwback kills, you can throw your own grenade at the ground, then pick it up and toss it again.
Haha goddamn, that's cheesetastic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
In the second level, there is a room under the stairs that I just can't seem to get at. I chose the Wyatt timeline, does the ability to get in there involve a timeline dependent ability?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm using 5.1 surround sound speakers with the PS4 version and most of the voices are way too quiet, the music too. A patch would be much appreciated since I'm planning on playing this multiple times.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

In the second level, there is a room under the stairs that I just can't seem to get at. I chose the Wyatt timeline, does the ability to get in there involve a timeline dependent ability?

Nah, squat on the stairs and shoot the lock on the handle on the inside of the door.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, squat on the stairs and shoot the lock on the handle on the inside of the door.

Well poo poo, that makes sense. There was even an indicator too. Already completed the level though.

I suppose I can get at it in another playthrough.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Some of the news paper clippings are pretty hilarious. Apparently, the nazi's turned the moon into a Death Star by putting a massive mirror array on it, and are in the process of cloning and weaponizing dinosaurs to replace their tanks.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

This is probably a pretty dumb complaint, but this game is unplayable for me because they won't let you switch the firing to the front bumpers on the PS4. I've always played on the PS3 and have never used the triggers for firing, and even small firefights are incredibly frustrating because I accidentally throw grenades or don't fire my gun. Seems like a stupid thing to not let you change in the controller schemes.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Some of the news paper clippings are pretty hilarious. Apparently, the nazi's turned the moon into a Death Star by putting a massive mirror array on it, and are in the process of cloning and weaponizing dinosaurs to replace their tanks.

My favorite was:

Fish and chips no longer popular. Londoners now prefer wurst and sauerkraut, clearly the superior meal.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 26, 2014

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Hey PAnick, this will sound dumb, but whatever happened to the elite guard? they were kind of a thing in the previous two wolfenstein games, have they been considered?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just beat 999 Mode, kinda bummed you don't get anything extra for winning. Wonder if its the same for the rest of the modes. Also I am ranked 128 globally. How do I raise it? I 100%'d the game already.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This game ruled so hard. I wouldn't even have picked it up if a download on my ps3 weren't taking for-loving-ever. Stupid ps3 took longer to download a 15 gig game than my pc took to get this 40 one. Anyway, this is strongly in the lead for my goty. The story was surprisingly well done considering what it is. The characters, particularly deathshead and engel were memorable and well-done (and big props for subverting expectations with Anya). Finally the combat is the best in an FPS I've seen in years. A wondrous merging of old and new school. Just a superb game and really glad my impatience got the better of me instead of waiting for a sale like I had planned. This game deserves piles of money thrown at it.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

girth brooks part 2 posted:

If that doesn't come up in a sequel, I'd be very disappointed. I wanna fight those.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Failboattootoot posted:

This game ruled so hard. I wouldn't even have picked it up if a download on my ps3 weren't taking for-loving-ever. Stupid ps3 took longer to download a 15 gig game than my pc took to get this 40 one. Anyway, this is strongly in the lead for my goty. The story was surprisingly well done considering what it is. The characters, particularly deathshead and engel were memorable and well-done (and big props for subverting expectations with Anya). Finally the combat is the best in an FPS I've seen in years. A wondrous merging of old and new school. Just a superb game and really glad my impatience got the better of me instead of waiting for a sale like I had planned. This game deserves piles of money thrown at it.

Welcome to the club!

Can we get a Blazkowicz's Bros Gang tag? How does that work? I used to be a Dukes Bro, but now I am betting on BJ!

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.
PAnick, tell me you guys are working on a bunch of DLC. Just finished the campaign and I think that was the most fun I've had with a shooter in a while.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
A DLC needs the following:

Flamethrower
Fire axe

:unsmigghh:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I checked the last 4 pages and didn't see it mentioned, how the hell do you reliably get Assault Rifle kills from cover? I'm crouching and using the L1 and left stick and hiding behind everything and throughout the whole game while trying to unlock it i'm at 38/80.

This game would be perfect if you didn't have to pick up every single little piece of armor/ammo.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It actually wants the ones where you auto-lean, from just aiming while facing a wall.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

katkillad2 posted:

I checked the last 4 pages and didn't see it mentioned, how the hell do you reliably get Assault Rifle kills from cover? I'm crouching and using the L1 and left stick and hiding behind everything and throughout the whole game while trying to unlock it i'm at 38/80.

Whenever you have an arrow showing that you can lean it'll count.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well drat, just got through it myself. I really hadn't expected this game to have any emotional moments, but the part where you walk through the burning safehouse as well as the whole ending really had quite some punch. They somehow managed to fully embrace the inherent cornyness of the setting and ran with it, yet at times also managed to do something serious with it.

Oh, and speaking of perks, I never even unlocked the explosive tree :shobon:. I never got that doublekill during the 40's part, and later on the Tesla grenades apparently simply didn't have enough power to actually kill anything. But in return I filled out the stealth tree, and I was surprised how well sneaking was implemented. Never any forced stealth, when you do get discovered you can smoothly just switch to shooting, and you even have a small grace period for being discovered.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

This is probably a pretty dumb complaint, but this game is unplayable for me because they won't let you switch the firing to the front bumpers on the PS4. I've always played on the PS3 and have never used the triggers for firing, and even small firefights are incredibly frustrating because I accidentally throw grenades or don't fire my gun. Seems like a stupid thing to not let you change in the controller schemes.

Hahah the PS3's horrible controller design has led to you learning how to play console shooters completely wrong. Thank god they fixed that abomination.

I just finished downloading all 50 gigs of this sucker. Got a big day tomorrow so didn't actually get a chance to start it, but after following this thread for the past 10 pages or so I'm pretty excited about it!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Perestroika posted:

They somehow managed to fully embrace the inherent cornyness of the setting and ran with it, yet at times also managed to do something serious with it.

That seems to be Starbreeze's (now Machinegames) greatest strength, doesn't it? I figure if they can make a consistently engaging Chronicles of Riddick game, then they've got the power to take almost any ridiculous premise and make us care about it.

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!
I'm listening to the soundtrack now and it's very Quake-ish industrial. Fits perfectly. Good work getting Fredrik Thordendal to work with you on Herr Faust.

Amebx fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 26, 2014

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holy poo poo the start of the London Nautica mission. :gonk:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Personally, I just find it kinda hilarious that

1. There actually *is* a worldwide jewish conspiracy.
2. All the Nazis best toys were built by stealing from them.

The sheer irony and levels of hypocrisy (especially when Deathshead begins railing agianst "parasites" in the final chapter) can't but get a bitter laugh from me.

Ravenfood posted:

Holy poo poo the start of the London Nautica mission. :gonk:

Yeah. As I said, my reaction to that was literally the same as that of BJ in-game.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

So yeah, when I said the first sex scene was laughable, I didn't realize there was a second one. And that it's, without any doubt, the best written, most justified sex scene ever released in a commercially released Western video game. (I'm not qualifying that because of any specific games, just allowing for the possible existence of a better sex scene in a game I haven't played.)

I mean, poo poo, that really puts most movie sex scenes to shame in terms of actually being justified for character development/ storytelling. loving bravo, whoever wrote this game. You're officially the only good writer in shooters.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I completely misinterpreted that when it was 'shown' in the trailers and thought we getting a sex scene with Caroline. :stare:

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Now THAT would be pretty drat daring.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does anyone elses' knives keep vanishing? I picked up 4 in the lobby of the Nautica, then later on in the level (I had died, admittedly) I didn't have any.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Late game (I think) spoilers

So: I'm on the motherfucking moon, and there's a flashback to Set and BJ in the camp. The conversation about absolute knowledge reminded me of the harrowing bit from Jacob Bronowski's Ascent of Man. If that's not a coincidence, it's an astonishing nod for a man-shoot game.

I hope "Objective: Radio Caroline" is deliberate as well.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

DStecks posted:

So yeah, when I said the first sex scene was laughable, I didn't realize there was a second one. And that it's, without any doubt, the best written, most justified sex scene ever released in a commercially released Western video game. (I'm not qualifying that because of any specific games, just allowing for the possible existence of a better sex scene in a game I haven't played.)

I mean, poo poo, that really puts most movie sex scenes to shame in terms of actually being justified for character development/ storytelling. loving bravo, whoever wrote this game. You're officially the only good writer in shooters.

I thought both of them to be pretty laughable to be honest.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I like how, if you want, you can dualwield knives just for the purpose of making your takedowns more stabby. Attention to detail.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Ravenfood posted:

I like how, if you want, you can dualwield knives just for the purpose of making your takedowns more stabby. Attention to detail.

You can also change the firemode, Z or C, to toss them around your hands and hold them differently. I'm basically always hitting this key if I have knives out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Stabbin' or slashin', take your pick.

edit: Also, because people have been having problems with the Internet Archive version of the RTCW LP, I'll reupload it to youtube during the week. This way it'll at least have another home for y'all to watch it.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 26, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

kefkafloyd posted:

Stabbin' or slashin', take your pick.

edit: Also, because people have been having problems with the Internet Archive version of the RTCW LP, I'll reupload it to youtube during the week. This way it'll at least have another home for y'all to watch it.

YAY :toot:

I'll be sure to plug your channel on my channel. Lots of my subscribers have been itching for some more Wolfenstein.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

blackguy32 posted:

I felt like the scenes fit the characters and did develop their relationship, so I wasn't too bothered. I liked the little bit that was shown in the trailers where Anya tells BJ, "There's one last thing, it's critical," followed by a kiss and a pat on the cheek. The game had some pretty good voice acting.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

more friedman units posted:

The game had some pretty good voice acting.

The german voice acting is spot on. It sounds like they used native speakers for most parts.
Naturally, Dwight Shultz as Strasser was a bit rough around the edges, though.

I busted out laughing when the two guards examined the broken cement mixer.
"Naja, dann machen wir Schluss für heute, oder?" - "Jo" - "Komm, gehn' ma saufen!"
Perfect delivery, bavarian accent and all.

I read that they had to redo some of the german voices for the actual german version, oddly enough, and that the re-recordings are awful in comparison.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Well, for the second one, that was deliberate. That scene was clearly being played for chuckles. It was just a nice little bit of characterization, intended to humanize the characters some more; not to mention that it's refreshing to have sex show up in a game in any context besides JERK IT TO THIS.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

mcbexx posted:

I read that they had to redo some of the german voices for the actual german version, oddly enough, and that the re-recordings are awful in comparison.

They had to remove anything nazi related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

mcbexx posted:

The german voice acting is spot on. It sounds like they used native speakers for most parts.
Naturally, Dwight Shultz as Strasser was a bit rough around the edges, though.

I busted out laughing when the two guards examined the broken cement mixer.
"Naja, dann machen wir Schluss für heute, oder?" - "Jo" - "Komm, gehn' ma saufen!"
Perfect delivery, bavarian accent and all.

Yeah but i still haven't heard any Mein leben! or MEIN GOTT!

0/10

• Locked thread