Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ethanol posted:

As for causing the traffic accident, well you can do exactly that.

With at most half of the NPC vehicles and NPC behaviours shown in the original gameplay trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
New non-beta nvidia drivers are up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watch Dogs on PSN will be available at 9pm pacific.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Same for everything that can download it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Same for everything that can download it.

Not always true! Child of Light and Transistor were late in the day on launch, and Sony hosed up MLB 14 the Show as just some recent examples. Some AAA games don't launch on PSN until the evening on launch day.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Not always true! Child of Light and Transistor were late in the day on launch, and Sony hosed up MLB 14 the Show as just some recent examples. Some AAA games don't launch on PSN until the evening on launch day.

I mean in this specific case they're all launching at that time. :v:

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Just a heads up, it seems that you can download and install on Steam in Australia right now. (Or "in" Australia)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dang, I guess I should check if that's the case on Uplay too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

I mean in this specific case they're all launching at that time. :v:

Oops! I misread what you said. Yes, you're correct.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Oops! I misread what you said. Yes, you're correct.

Except apparently not. :doh: I can confirm that internet magics allow you to install it right now, 13.6GB.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Orv posted:

Except apparently not. :doh: I can confirm that internet magics allow you to install it right now, 13.6GB.

Just not on Uplay if you're a poor sucker who has an nvidia key/coupon thing going on.

Ah well, 35$ instead of 60 euros is worth that any day.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Played this for a few hours. Pretty fun, except for some of the janky controls. All I could think was this:

:effort:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I said come in! posted:

Which is awesome but this does NOT seem like a game you want to get stuck with. Perfect candidate for physical copies if a person doesn't like it, they can trade it or sell it on
Craigslist.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
The PC version by default has crazy input lag with mouse and keyboard.
To fix this head over to My Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\<a bunch of numbers and letters that are your user id>\ and open GamerProfile in your text editor of choice. In the 9th line of the file, change Sensitivity="0.9" to Sensitivity="1.0" and Smoothness="1" to Smoothness="0" and it should fix it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh poo poo is that what that is? Thank gently caress that was driving me up the wall.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Don't think I can run this - it's unoptimized as poo poo. Welp, Xbox 360 version it is then :negative:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Don't think I can run this - it's unoptimized as poo poo. Welp, Xbox 360 version it is then :negative:

If you have an nvidia card, grab the drivers that came out today.

http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.88/337.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

WMain00 posted:

Did you test with the "review" version? Because that one apparently has a bitcoin miner trojan that eats up a ton of cpu power.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Did you test with the "review" version? Because that one apparently has a bitcoin miner trojan that eats up a ton of cpu power.

It's quite possible, although I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Unless the miner is actually inside the exe.

Truth be told my specs don't really match the requirements, but then again the game could hardly be described as Crysis graphically. I was intending on buying it, but now I'm not really sure.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

WMain00 posted:

I've run this with a GTX 760, 4 gigs of RAM, and an i3 at mostly medium settings. Make sure as many background programs as possible are closed (Having Chrome open was a huge framerate drop for me) and it still runs pretty smoothly. Its not unoptimized at all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

That's in one particular copy with a fake group name on it. There are plenty of clean copies available now, which is probably going to cost them sales for real from non-"reviewers" since the game has turned out to be kind of a bust for a lot of people who are being pretty vocal about it.

Should have just used steamworks and stopped trying to force everyone onto loving uplay :v:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 26, 2014

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Dunno if this has been posted yet but if you still have issues with your frames, try chucking this command line in your shortcut or whatever.

-disablepagefilecheck

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

1stGear posted:

I've run this with a GTX 760, 4 gigs of RAM, and an i3 at mostly medium settings. Make sure as many background programs as possible are closed (Having Chrome open was a huge framerate drop for me) and it still runs pretty smoothly. Its not unoptimized at all.

It's not so much FPS that's the problem for me, it's literally that game freezes hard, loads, stutters, continues, freezes again and so on. It's unplayable. On those tiny instances it doesn't do this the FPS is generally fine.

I've deleted it. I'm just going to wait for the legit version tomorrow.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

WMain00 posted:

It's not so much FPS that's the problem for me, it's literally that game freezes hard, loads, stutters, continues, freezes again and so on. It's unplayable. On those tiny instances it doesn't do this the FPS is generally fine.

I've deleted it. I'm just going to wait for the legit version tomorrow.

This sounds more like you got the Bitcoin miner. Look for a program called winlogin.exe in your process manager. There might be two of them, but one of them will be eating up 25% of your CPU and the other won't be taking up any. The first one is the problem.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Free DLC gun anyone?

Enter 2L4K-7KK5-HFM9 on http://watchdogs.monsterenergy.com/desktop

Multiplatform code (including PC) to get the MP-412 Rex gun. This code can be used more than once I think.

Dunno is that gun is crap but hey, free stuff!

I can't select PC in the dropdown box there. Should I just select a console and I'll get a code that works on PC anyway?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

1stGear posted:

This sounds more like you got the Bitcoin miner. Look for a program called winlogin.exe in your process manager. There might be two of them, but one of them will be eating up 25% of your CPU and the other won't be taking up any. The first one is the problem.

Nah I checked that and there was only one winlogin.exe running and it's doing nothing. I'll do a scan of the PC.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

ymgve posted:

I can't select PC in the dropdown box there. Should I just select a console and I'll get a code that works on PC anyway?

Wow no more "PC" choice... I was sure it has a "PC" this morning :|

When I went with the "PS4", it gave me a redeem code for the PS+. So I don't think it will work for PC

Sorry :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Welp that sucks. I'm not planning to get it on PS4 anyway but I generated a code so if someone wants it: PABK-3FNN-8RBP

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

WMain00 posted:

Nah I checked that and there was only one winlogin.exe running and it's doing nothing. I'll do a scan of the PC.

To be fair there should be no winlogin.exe at all, the legit one is winlogon.exe

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Free DLC gun anyone?

Enter 2L4K-7KK5-HFM9 on http://watchdogs.monsterenergy.com/desktop

Multiplatform code (including PC) to get the MP-412 Rex gun. This code can be used more than once I think.

Dunno is that gun is crap but hey, free stuff!

Edit: No more PC, sorry :(

Cool, free gun!

So can i expect PSN to poo poo the bed tonight? Cause i went the download route ( possibly a mistake ).

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Is there a way to VPN preload this on uplay?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Don Lapre posted:

Is there a way to VPN preload this on uplay?

If you already have it on Uplay try Australia, but probably not.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Winlogin.exe is the bitcoin miner.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

VarXX posted:

Winlogin.exe is the bitcoin miner.

winlogin =/ winlogon

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

winlogin =/ winlogon

Yes I know. Winlogon.exe is the correct one. Winlogin is the miner.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's winlogon on there. It's fine. My PC might just suck. :(

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

VarXX posted:

Yes I know. Winlogon.exe is the correct one. Winlogin is the miner.

gently caress, got them mixed up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Anyone know when GMG is releasing their keys for the game? I saw Steam broke it early for Australia.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

This is what the driving in this game feels like all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What am I watching here? I mean Watch Dogs driving obviously, but is that a glitch? I don't get what is up with the car going backwards.

• Locked thread