Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Oh Nexus, you will never cease to amaze me. All of the "pretty" and "sexy" Maya Torres mods pretty much turn her white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

god dammit.

Is there a mod that puts more than just, like, three black people in the whole game? I know of Sam, one black generic dude (always with a knit cap) and the shark Hoodie dude.

edit: I can't believe I forgot Marcus, but I did find a mod that changes the Ritter family, making Lily black, swapping Dad's head for someone with grey hair (but leaving him white) and replacing Thomas with...Marcus.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 22, 2014

El Seven
Jan 15, 2012
New Lifeline info: Release Date & Price (May 30 & $6.99) and trailer. :D

EDIT: corrected DLC price

El Seven fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 27, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Is that for Steam too, or just Xbox?

If the former, yay!

El Seven
Jan 15, 2012

Pander posted:

Is that for Steam too, or just Xbox?

If the former, yay!
Both, I think. :)

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing next week. Trailer looks promising.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Have we heard updates on TU5 yet? Is it going to release with Lifeline? I want a non-hacky way to store backpacks in cars. (Backpacks and Pickups is okay, but I got tired of my Construction Materials doing their best popcorn impersonation on the way back to base.)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

According to that link they release at the same time.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Pander posted:

According to that link they release at the same time.

:doh: I ctrl-Fed for TU5, completely skipped over

quote:

That’s right. May 30. $6.99. If all goes well this week, you’ll be playing Lifeline (and the accompanying free Title Update, featuring Rucks in Trucks) by this weekend.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Still a novice with Breakdown, I did everything I could do at level 1 and decided to go to level 2. Somehow--I really have no idea how--I had the mistaken notion that I got to pick who came with me...and this was going to be a minimum of five people, so I'd have enough to get a basic homestead. So I packed up five people with my best bags and guns and...only the guy I was using went to level 2. All my best stuff, gone. I really wish I knew how I came to such a wrong idea.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Lotish posted:

Still a novice with Breakdown, I did everything I could do at level 1 and decided to go to level 2. Somehow--I really have no idea how--I had the mistaken notion that I got to pick who came with me...and this was going to be a minimum of five people, so I'd have enough to get a basic homestead. So I packed up five people with my best bags and guns and...only the guy I was using went to level 2. All my best stuff, gone. I really wish I knew how I came to such a wrong idea.

Walk up to the person or highlight them in the people list, and hit "go to the RV"

It will load them up, and they'll carry over

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Weird. I don't remember having an option to do that, and I just did it, so you'd think it'd be fresh in my mind.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You can only take a few and it's a good idea to stack their inventory with large backpacks, high-value ammo, snacks, etc beforehand. I think the rest of the gear you start with is randomized or a fraction of what you previously had... I make it a point to destroy all tier 3 and lower weapons before moving on.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do, but for some reason I missed whatever function it was that actually indicated who I wanted to bring.

Ah well, it's only Breakdown level 2, I've already got Ed helping me out and the guy I'd picked has Leadership, Reflexes, a large backpack and some good gear, so I should be fine.

Speaking of Reflexes, I forget which of its moves are the ones you generally want. Do I want Leap Frog or the counterattack move (forget the name)?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You want the sweep, or the high spin kick. Counters generally don't matter imho. I think the sweep was a Blade move? So take the Spin Kick if you don't have any other instant knockdowns or AOE attacks.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Oh sweet, sooner than I was expecting :D I can't wait for a new map.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I get some advice in general for breakdown? I try and get ran train on even at level one. Right out the gate in getting assaulted by hordes and besieged missions have me against big'uns with starting gear.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Acquire Currency! posted:

Can I get some advice in general for breakdown? I try and get ran train on even at level one. Right out the gate in getting assaulted by hordes and besieged missions have me against big'uns with starting gear.

Ignore the missions, focus on getting your poo poo in order first. That's the main thing. The focus isn't on fighting or beating back the zombie menace. It keeps coming back. Just dig in and endure while gathering supplies.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How mod-friendly is this game? I know you can't customize characters in the vanilla game, but can you add extra traits and the like? I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.

Also, what's Lifelines supposed to add to the game? Googling around I can only find references to it being a more military-themed campaign.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Azran posted:

Also, what's Lifelines supposed to add to the game? Googling around I can only find references to it being a more military-themed campaign.

From the sound if things, lifeline is about rescuing specific survivors within a certain time frame to evac them, and also a more in-depth and important base defense system.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I hope it allows the survivors to function on their own so you don't have to baby sit them

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Azran posted:

How mod-friendly is this game? I know you can't customize characters in the vanilla game, but can you add extra traits and the like? I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.

Lifeline offers a new map, and if you watch the trailer, it looks like it's a pretty substantial city with highway overpasses and stuff. The whole goal of the game also looks like it's changing. Instead of building up from nothing, you start with a group of soldiers who are locked and loaded. Over time, you're worn down as you continue to try to rescue civilians. Whether or not that will actually pan out remains to be seen.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Danith posted:

I hope it allows the survivors to function on their own so you don't have to baby sit them

They apparently get evacuated from your base so that you have more space for survivors, you're not babysitting them much if at all, according to the notes from the developer on the previous pages.

I haven't touched this game since before Breakdown came out even but I think I'm going to jump back in with Lifeline, it looks great.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Lifeline offers a new map, and if you watch the trailer, it looks like it's a pretty substantial city with highway overpasses and stuff. The whole goal of the game also looks like it's changing. Instead of building up from nothing, you start with a group of soldiers who are locked and loaded. Over time, you're worn down as you continue to try to rescue civilians. Whether or not that will actually pan out remains to be seen.

Yeah, the devs have said it's basically going to be the opposite of a normal campaign - instead of you starting with no resources and a small group of desperate survivors and trying to build up from there, you're going to be starting with a fully-equipped, fully-supplied military unit with plenty of support and gradually getting worn down as supplies start to dry up, your support units run out of ammunition and fuel, get reassigned, or simply disappear, your people die, and your equipment breaks, until you're finally reduced to a desperate last stand, trying to survive long enough to complete your mission as everything falls apart around you.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

Yeah, the devs have said it's basically going to be the opposite of a normal campaign - instead of you starting with no resources and a small group of desperate survivors and trying to build up from there, you're going to be starting with a fully-equipped, fully-supplied military unit with plenty of support and gradually getting worn down as supplies start to dry up, your support units run out of ammunition and fuel, get reassigned, or simply disappear, your people die, and your equipment breaks, until you're finally reduced to a desperate last stand, trying to survive long enough to complete your mission as everything falls apart around you.

I'm skeptical that this will actually be the outcome, though. If they've still got lootable buildings and stuff, things will be pretty easy, I think. You'll run out of ammo for your high-tier weapons, sure, but melee has always been the best route and you can certainly train and melee whole hordes with the right character.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair that would be a cool idea for a zombie game plot. You start out tough poo poo but get progressively more hosed until only one person makes it out.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm skeptical that this will actually be the outcome, though. If they've still got lootable buildings and stuff, things will be pretty easy, I think. You'll run out of ammo for your high-tier weapons, sure, but melee has always been the best route and you can certainly train and melee whole hordes with the right character.

I'm guessing, and hoping, that this won't be the case. It's not like it's hard to fix with a few tweaks, after all.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
You can't make everyone follow the same catastrophe curve without completely disregarding player input. You can tweak the difficulty so that a significant number of players aren't skilled enough to hang on by their fingernails and get frustrated with the game, or so a significant number are skilled enough to build themselves a throne of food, ammo and medicine and rule the valley as Lord Humungus. There's no middle ground because player skill level is a huge variable.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That's why you have multiple levels ala Breakdown. Most players succeed some but hit a wall eventually

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
This thread is SLIPPIN' :colbert: Undead Labs has been retweeting gameplay videos and reviews for the past couple of hours. Here are the latest few:

Lifeline First Look by YouTuber SparrowsJourney

IncGamers plays Lifeline, video embedded

OnlySP livestream by a new SoD player

Examiner review

Stevivor.com review

GET HYPE :siren::woop::siren:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

"Black Friday" is a nice touch.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I have to say that this sounds a bit more interesting for me than Breakdown did. I just hope that the releasedate is the same worldwide.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
TU5 and Lifeline are both up on XBL right now.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259041/

"State of Decay - Highway Patrol"

:confused:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
It's up on steam now. Although the page says 'Buy State of Decay - Highway Patrol' :v:

Anyone streaming/planning on streaming? I'm trying to decide if I want this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Danith posted:

It's up on steam now. Although the page says 'Buy State of Decay - Highway Patrol' :v:

Anyone streaming/planning on streaming? I'm trying to decide if I want this

Edit: Streaming now!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 30, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The game and first DLC are on a -50% sale on Steam right now.

I enjoyed the demo a lot, gonna jump on this. :neckbeard:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I've only played like half an hour but so far it seems like exactly what I wanted from more State of Decay.

Does anyone know if is there going to be integration with Breakdown at some point, so you can randomly end up on either map? They'd have to throw in a few other base possibilities in Danforth but other than that I can't imagine it'd be a big challenge to create.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I have been having crazy graphical glitches ever since I got the new DLC but having like room for 6 bags of poo poo in my station wagon makes it worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Mister Adequate posted:

I've only played like half an hour but so far it seems like exactly what I wanted from more State of Decay.

Does anyone know if is there going to be integration with Breakdown at some point, so you can randomly end up on either map? They'd have to throw in a few other base possibilities in Danforth but other than that I can't imagine it'd be a big challenge to create.

This would be an awesome idea and after about an hour of playing I agree that this is everything I wanted. It does unfortunately keep the bombarding you with side missions, all of which sound super important. I really like the new stuff to build/research in the base and the ability to airlift in supplies for influence.

Also the vehicle storage is AWESOME. I was playing Breakdown last night and holy poo poo being able to toss a spare gun and some rucksacks into the trunk is a fantastic addition.

• Locked thread