Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kikka posted:

My fetish. . .

My brand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Return of the Jedi

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I always kinda wondered about that effect. I see now that it's a double walled helmet and the silver fluid (probably real mercury given that it was the 60s) is between the two walls. Like those old trick brandy glasses.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

Return of the Jedi

Hey, where did the beak go? loving Lucas keep messing with he movies!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Robert Denby posted:

Return of the Jedi

Why does the lightsaber push that guy instead of just cutting him in half?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nicholas posted:

Why does the lightsaber push that guy instead of just cutting him in half?

He jumped. When you've got a choice between being cut in half now and being digested slowly over a millenia, it's not a hard choice.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Krowley posted:

Hey, where did the beak go? loving Lucas keep messing with he movies!

The beak was added when they re-released in 1997 (?). It wasn't in the original film - comparison.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chippocrates posted:

The beak was added when they re-released in 1997 (?). It wasn't in the original film - comparison.

That slight breeze on your face is from the joke flying high, high above.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

chippocrates posted:

Actually it's from the 2006 re-re-release where he edited it back out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JiimyPopAli posted:

Actually it's from the 2006 re-re-release where he edited it back out.

Well don't I look stupid too then :doh:. I never knew there was another edit of that. Was that the same edition with twitchy-dodge Han Solo in A New Hope as well?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He jumped. When you've got a choice between being cut in half now and being digested slowly over a millenia, it's not a hard choice.

I've never understood that. Do Sarlaccs have some sort of advanced life support/eternal youth technology that makes that threat more than "slowly dehydrate over the course of 3 days"?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

moller posted:

This is me at work

The new Burger Time game is looking pretty sweet.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Return of the Jedi, Love those speeder bikes!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's the 2006 original-version release without the reduced matte lines and improved compositing on the speeders in the post-96 editions, right? (And a lovely non-anamorphic transfer as a gently caress you from Lucas)

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 19:08 on May 26, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MikeJF posted:

That's the 2006 original-version release without the reduced matte lines and improved compositing on the speeders in the post-96 editions, right? (And a lovely non-anamorphic transfer as a gently caress you from Lucas)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Star Wars is probably the worst movie series ever made. It's also boring as all hell.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Devyl posted:

Star Wars is probably the worst movie series ever made. It's also boring as all hell.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Is that from "Anchorman 2"? Do you have a gif of where the "Bloodsport" clip appears in his eyes?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Gooncam is great, just it seems that after messing with the editing to create a continual looping gif the converting part doesn't actually care giving you an unlooped gif. Is there anyway to get round this?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

Is that from "Anchorman 2"? Do you have a gif of where the "Bloodsport" clip appears in his eyes?

Sorry, I've no idea where it's from. I just went hunting for a good reaction gif for anti-space opera hate posting

e; thanks peepsalot for reminding me about Beerfest, might have to give that a casual rewatch soon :cheers:

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Devyl posted:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This whole tumblr is like one huge Max Headroom Trapper Keeper LSD trip http://kidmograph.tumblr.com/

Basticle has a new favorite as of 22:36 on May 26, 2014

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Basticle posted:

This whole tumblr is like one huge Max Headroom Trapper Keeper LSD trip http://kidmograph.tumblr.com/

This is extremely my poo poo, reminds me of those old Mind's Eye VHS tapes my parents had for some reason (:350:)

Chard has a new favorite as of 22:40 on May 26, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Chard posted:

This is extremely my poo poo, reminds me of those old Mind's Eye VHS tapes my parents had for some reason (:350:)

:catdrugs:

Anyone know the source on these? (they're unrelated)

Basticle has a new favorite as of 23:04 on May 26, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

This one is from a proof-of-concept trailer for a movie called “The Prototype.”

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

socilest butthomo posted:

This one is from a proof-of-concept trailer for a movie called “The Prototype.”

Awesome, thanks!

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Are these from Mass Effect? I love that style, but I've never been able to give it a name.

EDIT- If I ever become stupidly rich I want to build Anderson's apartment from the Citadel DLC. And I will not be judged because it will be awesome, and I'll kill the architect on completion so nobody knows my dark secret.

burnsep has a new favorite as of 23:53 on May 26, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

burnsep posted:

Are these from Mass Effect? I love that style, but I've never been able to give it a name.

EDIT- If I ever become stupidly rich I want to build Anderson's apartment from the Citadel DLC. And I will not be judged because it will be awesome, and I'll kill the architect on completion so nobody knows my dark secret.

Yes its ME. I forget where I found it but they labeled it as "Cinematic Backdrops" or something similar.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

burnsep posted:

The Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. Only played the thing twice, but the area sticks out for some reason.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

burnsep posted:

Yeah, those are of Liara's apartment from LotSB, which, as swank as Anderson's apartment was, I liked Liara's a lot more.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Robert Denby posted:

Aw man, I posted that ages ago, and no one wanted it then! Where were you at? :haw:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

Azhais posted:

I've never understood that. Do Sarlaccs have some sort of advanced life support/eternal youth technology that makes that threat more than "slowly dehydrate over the course of 3 days"?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarlacc

quote:

After being swallowed by the tongue, the victim made its way into the sarlacc's stomach to be digested, purportedly being kept alive and slowly digested for a millennium. A strong network of vessels inside the stomach punctured the victim's skin and muscles and then embedded itself into victims before injecting neurotoxins into them, preventing the victims from escaping and ensuring that they remained immersed in the acidic fluids in the stomach, and attached to the walls of the stomach.

The vessels also provided victims with nutrients to keep them alive while they were digested in agony; sometimes when a victim was in the stomach for a long time period, the sarlacc actually embedded it in the lining of the stomach to make room for other victims it swallowed and to make the stomach stronger so that other victims could not escape participially once their digestion was complete and were free to become One with the Force.

• Locked thread