Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's overall a stupid gently caress and I do not know why I keep him on my friends list other than the sheer amusement of the poo poo he posts all the time.

He checks into his own house "chillin". Post selfies throughout the day of the most inane poo poo ever, "just got starbucks!". Posts his jeep wrangler as if its' gods gift to offroading and a ton of other poo poo (insane use of hashtags).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

TinTower posted:

The TUV are like the DUP but more hardline, if you can believe that.

Oh come on it's not like she's massively sectarian or--

Oh. Well at least she's not racist or classist--

Oh. At least she supports the efforts of the police--

Oh.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Subway chick is probably just making sure he wants shredded cheddar cheese as opposed to grated parmesan. I always did the same thing when I worked there. I wonder how many snappy Facebook posts were made about me.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
For context, Black here is a guy me and my friends begrudgingly let hang around us in college. He was always a boorish arse but during the last year we near unanimously told him to go to hell after he became increasingly bigotted and evangelical about how feminists were literally the devil and Muslims were totally all terrorists.

(Blue is me, pink, red and orange are several of my friends, I have no idea who purple is.)

I wish I'd just left him to his own rank stupidity than get involved. :cripes:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

TinTower posted:

The TUV are like the DUP but more hardline, if you can believe that.

I don't know who the TUV or the DUP are, but that person looks like she might not have exactly the right number of chromosomes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

SteelMentor posted:

For context, Black here is a guy me and my friends begrudgingly let hang around us in college. He was always a boorish arse but during the last year we near unanimously told him to go to hell after he became increasingly bigotted and evangelical about how feminists were literally the devil and Muslims were totally all terrorists.

But...but...gender IS a social construct! That's the kind of guy that arguing with is useless. Those comments make me want to smack someone.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Gender is a social destruct.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

(Blue is me, pink, red and orange are several of my friends, I have no idea who purple is.)

If you really want to bother, and I certainly wouldn't, you can tell him he's confusing sexual dimorphism with masculinity/femininity. The former means that men tend to be bigger and stronger than females due to differences in the onset of puberty, hormones, and how we carry fat and muscle. The latter, as others have stated, is what behavior society has deemed appropriate for each sex and it varies by culture.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

into the void posted:

If you really want to bother, and I certainly wouldn't, you can tell him he's confusing sexual dimorphism with masculinity/femininity. The former means that men tend to be bigger and stronger than females due to differences in the onset of puberty, hormones, and how we carry fat and muscle. The latter, as others have stated, is what behavior society has deemed appropriate for each sex and it varies by culture.

No point in it really, this same argument has been going since we were in College about 3 years ago now. It's peculiar, me and my friends went into the same Sociology/Psychology courses he attended and came out significantly more liberal and open-minded. He went in and came out a raging xenophobe.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

SteelMentor posted:

Is that youtube link the clip that shows the difference in reaction to a man and woman being abused in public? Because someone on my wall posted that earlier with the caption of "The poo poo women get away with"(which is kind of infuriating given in the past weekend at least 2 men actually went shooting people because some woman wouldn't touch their dick) and I responded with "Actually no, assuming the person doing the attack doesn't have a gun or some poo poo, people will generally call out and often intervene if they feel someone is actually being threatened in public. This is actually a great example of the Margaret Atwood line that it's accepted by both men and women that women tend to be terrified of men while men aren't not really scared of women at all even when they're being violent"

Then again the person on your feed actually uses the world egalitarian so lmao good luck ever knocking sense into that guy.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

dregan posted:

Oh come on it's not like she's massively sectarian or--

Oh. Well at least she's not racist or classist--

Oh. At least she supports the efforts of the police--

Oh.

She looks horrifically inbred... Who is she? And what the gently caress, her name is Clir?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

And what the gently caress, her name is Clir?
No, that's Cllr. It's short for Councillor.

Which means some morons have actually voted for her.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

She looks horrifically inbred... Who is she? And what the gently caress, her name is Clir?

She looks pretty normal for Norn Iron, to be honest with you.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

Mister Adequate posted:

Semprini posted:

No, that's Cllr. It's short for Councillor.

Which means some morons have actually voted for her.
Aye, she's just been elected as the first TUV councillor. I feel sorry for her constituency, but if there's any justice her term will be mercifully short-lived.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Not in my experience when I lived there or in the people I am related to, she looks like Cincinnati or bumfuck Appalachia. She genuinely appears retarded/FAS. I'm kind of surprised that an elected official still talks like that on their public Facebook, though. I suppose I shouldn't be these days, though.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Not in my experience when I lived there or in the people I am related to, she looks like Cincinnati or bumfuck Appalachia. She genuinely appears retarded/FAS. I'm kind of surprised that an elected official still talks like that on their public Facebook, though. I suppose I shouldn't be these days, though.
Lived here all my life and yup, she looks pretty normal for here. I don't know what that says for Northern Ireland, so take from that what you will.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

I'm trying to figure this out, is it because Democrats voted against one of those "Ban Sharia Law" bills that Republicans keep trying to pass?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Gerblyn posted:

I'm trying to figure this out, is it because Democrats voted against one of those "Ban Sharia Law" bills that Republicans keep trying to pass?

Just some fake BS. Politifact fact-checked the article he linked and found its claims to be "pants on fire" false.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2014/may/08/blog-posting/florida-democrats-just-voted-impose-sharia-law-wom/

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Never mind the fact that you're going to have difficulty getting Sharia Law off the ground in any country that has a constitution separating religious and civil authority.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

The smugness of this is just pissing me off, especially coming from someone on my feed who whines about her first world problems a lot.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Serene Dragon posted:

The smugness of this is just pissing me off, especially coming from someone on my feed who whines about her first world problems a lot.

Make a PNG consisting of screenshots of a bunch of her pissing and moaning, then post it in reply.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

loving everything has to be about Cathy Brennan and her crusade against women-sans-vaginas, doesn't it?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

Quite aside from anything else, I thought it was two women and four men? Or am I being a huge misgendering cis-white-rear end in a top hat?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

dregan posted:

Quite aside from anything else, I thought it was two women and four men? Or am I being a huge misgendering cis-white-rear end in a top hat?

Four men and two women, but three of those men were his roommates that he killed so he could make the apartment a torture chamber.

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!

This is really just driving all the MRAs out of the woodwork, isn't it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Dandy Shrew posted:

I think that guy drives straight past MRA and into purestrain crazy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dandy Shrew posted:

Tell me this is just Poe's Law at work here please. It's just part of me where I can accept most dumb bullshit but this just doesn't process.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Odds on the person who wrote that being a 21+ virgin?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Serene Dragon posted:

My God, the Pity Train derailed? That's terrible! And at such a busy intersection, too! I hope nobody was seriously hurt! :ohdear:

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Odds on the person who wrote that being a 21+ virgin?

I wish he was. As is, he has sons :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dandy Shrew posted:

I wish he was. As is, he has sons :(

So I guess he'll be hiring some whores for his lads when they hit puberty, just to keep them from shooting up the place? Gotta stick to those principles, after all.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

the MRA has infiltrated deep into facebook. It may already be too late.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So I guess he'll be hiring some whores for his lads when they hit puberty, just to keep them from shooting up the place? Gotta stick to those principles, after all.

"Dad says if I'm still a virgin by 21 he'll send me to Amsterdam. I'm, uhhh, waiting for marriage."

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Nah, he will make sure they go to college/university in either Nevada or Amsterdam and let the free market take control of their dick

or something, I dunno. It is rather telling, and sad, that these people are making it about themselves and their perceived "battles" rather than the small fact that HE WAS LITERALLY INSANE AND HAD THOUGHT THIS THROUGH FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS!

But no, it's society's fault for not loving him or something like that.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've seen this posted. I'm honestly not sure if it's fitting or not.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

God drat! Though searching for this page on Facebook reveals articles about how they did remove it after being publicly shamed for not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Wendell posted:

God drat! Though searching for this page on Facebook reveals articles about how they did remove it after being publicly shamed for not.

It's actually pretty typical, if AusPol's efforts to remove extremely racist pages against indigenous Australians are to be believed. They'll always say no initially, but concede the point and take down the page after a while.

• Locked thread