Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
You are aware that if you came to the South, the whole town would treat you like a Frankenstein monster. You would literally not survive here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC

crikster posted:

You are aware that if you came to the South, the whole town would treat you like a Frankenstein monster. You would literally not survive here.

i think an ex-marine would handle idiot bubbas just fine

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

crikster posted:

is this supposed to be a damning critique of transgender identities or any sort of minorities they wouldn't like or the south itself

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

crikster posted:

south of what

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

CommonTerry posted:

south of what

southern england

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

CommonTerry posted:

south of what

*points to belt*

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

crikster posted:

I do own a baseball cap and boy clothes still. Pretty sure ill be just fine.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

VanSandman posted:

cake or cookies: which one would you give up forever if you had to?

Cookies, because you can have different textures and more range of flavor.

Cake gets boring.

I dont care for sweets much.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

crikster posted:

why would anyone go there, troon or not

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Blue Steel posted:

who is your favorite dick girl

I think Chloe Sevegney did a really good job portraying a transchick in Hit and Miss

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
My region of the south is South Arkansas/East Texas. Wearing a wig and makeup to work would be a handicap like having a tattoo on your face. I don't know what kind of job is most trans friendly, but in the medical field, a lot of the older patients would be uncomfortable. Idiot bubbas aren't so much the problem as the political power of the Evangelical Church.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

crikster posted:

South Arkansas/East Texas

still unable to find a reason why any sane person would voluntarily go there

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

crikster posted:

My region of the south is South Arkansas/East Texas. Wearing a wig and makeup to work would be a handicap like having a tattoo on your face. I don't know what kind of job is most trans friendly, but in the medical field, a lot of the older patients would be uncomfortable.

Im a Network Engineer who specializes in cyber defense and large scale infrastructure design/config/maintenance. I dont deal with the public. I also maintain a male ID and presentation in the workplace.

My being trans doesnt effect my career. I just havent found a workplace where I feel comfortable swapping over yet.

Oh, and im scary good at my job. Thats what matters.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Is it psychologically stressful to live a double-gendered life or is just not any worse than the separation between work and not-work and internet that normal functional human beings live with.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

psyopmonkey posted:

I dont deal with the public.

Noticing a pattern here.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Is it psychologically stressful to live a double-gendered life or is just not any worse than the separation between work and not-work and internet that normal functional human beings live with.

Its a pain hiding my chest and hips sometimes to fit in as a boy. Other than that im just living life. Stress is found within, not from outside influence.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
How do people react when, in your male presentation, they notice your chest and hips and how do you handle it? Just not give a gently caress?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

How do people react when, in your male presentation, they notice your chest and hips and how do you handle it? Just not give a gently caress?

Sometimes they ask questions and I tell them that im transgender. The vast majority of the time people just stare and then move on and not care.

Ive been asked if im FtM before too.

Ive never had an issue except for drunk guys and crazy homeless people.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today

psyopmonkey posted:

Im a Network Engineer who specializes in cyber defense and large scale infrastructure design/config/maintenance. I dont deal with the public. I also maintain a male ID and presentation in the workplace.

My being trans doesnt effect my career. I just havent found a workplace where I feel comfortable swapping over yet.

Oh, and im scary good at my job. Thats what matters.

The important fact is that you don't have to work with a lot of different types of people. Can you imagine being 'The Transexual Dentist?' That would be a circus.

gnarlyhotep posted:

still unable to find a reason why any sane person would voluntarily go there

Because you're born here...and it's a less expensive college education.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Sabel posted:

yea

all while posing as a woman online, even post detransition.

you left out the part where an admin who knew this and helped him to conceal it made him mod of the feminism thread

I love this website

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Torka posted:

you left out the part where an admin who knew this and helped him to conceal it made him mod of the feminism thread

I love this website

who the heck thought it was necessary to conceal being a dude in that thread. every third post was like "hey im a dude heres my thinks on feminism" and then five other dudes would shout at him.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

who the heck thought it was necessary to conceal being a dude in that thread. every third post was like "hey im a dude heres my thinks on feminism" and then five other dudes would shout at him.

because he talked a bunch of poo poo on womens' behalf that would have had no credibility if people knew it wasn't a woman saying it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

crikster posted:

Because you're born here...and it's a less expensive college education.

which doesn't apply to the OP at all, so wtf

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Torka posted:

I love this website
More interesting than K5 by far.

Gotta give credit to pb for the USian thing. I want to bring that one back.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Torka posted:

because he talked a bunch of poo poo on womens' behalf that would have had no credibility if people knew it wasn't a woman saying it

ummmm, i find this post offensive.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what is the song Smells like Team Spirit about

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Sabel posted:

More interesting than K5 by far.

Gotta give credit to pb for the USian thing. I want to bring that one back.

yeah the drama there was pretty tame by comparison, mostly just people calling localroger a pedo iirc

who were you there?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Torka posted:

all that scheming and poo poo to get to be petty mod of the E/N feminism thread seems like a bunch of wasted effort imo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

what is the song Smells like Team Spirit about

Jock straps. :colbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who wants to help me fake an mscs cert so i can get made unofficial mod of the yospos cat picture thread

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Torka posted:

yeah the drama there was pretty tame by comparison, mostly just people calling localroger a pedo iirc

who were you there?
valeko

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today

gnarlyhotep posted:

which doesn't apply to the OP at all, so wtf

You strange person you.. asking me twice why anyone would move the South? Most of the people I tease about living here after all these years reply that this is where their family lives, and families always most important. I have no idea what about how transexuals fit into the equation and whatever.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

poo poo I remember you, you were way less of a white noise poster than I was

I'm afraid to check if my account's still active because I don't really wanna know what dumb poo poo I was posting ten years ago

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

crikster posted:

You strange person you.. asking me twice why anyone would move the South? Most of the people I tease about living here after all these years reply that this is where their family lives, and families always most important. I have no idea what about how transexuals fit into the equation and whatever.

frankenfurter comes in a bun, and those who keep it all in the family typically come from the south. htough hot dogs come in packsof ten, buns come in packs of eight, making it a game of musical buns.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmK1osGXhq4

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

crikster posted:

you're the one who brought the whole subject up ffs

and yes, I've lived in Texas all my life so I know what idiots people here can be

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I think some more questions are in order.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

psyopmonkey posted:

do you prefer red meat or lean meat?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

psyopmonkey posted:

do you believe in free will, or do you believe circumstance andd past events leads man to do what he does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

do you prefer red meat or lean meat?

Marbled meat. Fat is flavor.

• Locked thread