Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

bhlaab posted:

A lot of people itt seem confused about the plot of this game, and I'm not going to lie it is a sticky web of intrigue. HOWEVER I can't help but fault the op for somehow forgetting to upload the game's actual introduction that sets everything up in advance!

Nerkas Corp is highly offended by your attempt at making fun of our world-changing and revolutionary technology and videogame. Here is the TRUE, truest, real, genuine Mindjack Intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Why are there so many guns lying on the floor of empty hallways?

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Like stairs, gunracks or lockers are too expensive to mass produce in the future; so instead of storing them Nerkas employees just leave the guns on the floor. Also gun ownership in this dystopian world is much different, because literally every civilian (even those in rad hawaiian t-shirts) carries some sort of fire arm to protect themselves from the looming threat of cybergorillas and gunkeys.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I actually saw part of Johnny Stecchino in my high school italian class and all I could remember was, "I guess he's italian Mr. Bean".

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Between RtH, Dark, and this horrible abomination, we've got some quality LP madness.

I don't think anything will ever top RtH for sheer insanity and crazy broken animations/gameplay though.

There was a Dark LP? How did I miss that? Is it lost in the great archive crash?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Geburan posted:

There was a Dark LP? How did I miss that? Is it lost in the great archive crash?

It was a twitch stream thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee/profile/pastBroadcasts

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Geburan posted:

It's uploaded to their channel. It was a stream that they did; there was no thread. It starts here.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Who would win in a fight between a half dozen Cyber Apes and one Hockey Mask Guy?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I actually saw part of Johnny Stecchino in my high school italian class and all I could remember was, "I guess he's italian Mr. Bean".

Same. It was a seminal moment in our lives because our Italian teacher kept hooting and hollering at the fact a banana was mistook for a gun. Must be a cultural thing.

Geburan posted:

DARK might be the worst game we've ever played. Watch at your own risk.

Crowetron posted:

Who would win in a fight between a half dozen Cyber Apes and one Hockey Mask Guy?

The audience.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

judge reinhold posted:

It made me sad to see the Witcher's voice actor reduced to such trash :(

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

judge reinhold posted:

Worse than the horse MMO?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The tales of Katja Thunderbard and dogmist vs. Eric "kidney krusher" Steiner (in my head cannon they are a father son vampire duo)

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.
WALL-E is going to mess you guys up for shooting EVE so many times.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bhlaab posted:

A lot of people itt seem confused about the plot of this game, and I'm not going to lie it is a sticky web of intrigue. HOWEVER I can't help but fault the op for somehow forgetting to upload the game's actual introduction that sets everything up in advance!

Luckily I managed to find it on youtube. I hope this clears things up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85EsAAgt27E

Freaking priceless!

Had me laughing hard while still recovering from laughing from the LP. I didn't ask for this, but your humor is augmented.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
The more I watch this and the more I think about this game the more I keep thinking the publisher was like "Man, plot? Voice acting? Whatchu talkin' about, Willis? These kids with their internet and their smart phones don't want plot. Cover shooting, man, sexy people and sexy jackets is all they want!"

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time on MindJack, Jim and Rebecca made it to the NERKAS docks. There, Rebecca expressed hesitation with Jim maintaining contact with people inside NERKAS. The two ventured into the docks and fought a tank and a massage board (by GIWAG). They made it into a zet-owned warehouse for some reason, and for even more unclear reasons, encountered an army of gun-mounted monkeys. The fiercest battle ever put to film (we film our LPs on Flugelag 35mm) ensued, ending in a win for the Jibecca. Then jetpack guys happened because I guess there was some room in the timeline for that. What lies hidden for the dower duo deep inside the bowels of the NERKAS facility? Will we see more monkeys? Will I think of a third thing? Watch and find out!

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 29, 2014

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Chris' diaper fetishism rears its ugly head in the latest episode of MindJack by the Men Drinkin' Coffee.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
I feel like the game missed an opportunity by not including jetpack monkeys.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I like how most of the dialog in this game focuses on 'them'.
"Here they come!"
"How many of them are there?!"
"They almost got us back there!"
etc.

That's good writing right there. Don't explain the plot or anything, just talk about the waves of faceless mooks who keep assaulting you.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

No Passing Through Doorway Anthony.

The monkey butt animation is where all the budget went.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 29, 2014

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

That gorilla butt was magnificent.

kurt phillips
Feb 1, 2014

I thought the last cutscene when MindJim got smacked into the wall by the gorilla was gonna be a Saving Private Ryan reference for a moment. He'd dizzily fire at the gorilla until it blew up, and then you'd see MustacheJim there with an RPG or something.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Despite the game's malicious attempts to demoralize Anthony, you guys sure made a monkey outta that boss! Another quality episode of MindApe

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
So was the door wreckage that Anthony shot the monkey through a legitimate case of the game trapping him, or Anthony not knowing how to vault over things in the game?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
These fights are getting progressively more bullshit.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Has there been a part of this game that has not been awkward fights in cramped, terribly-designed spaces?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Has there been a part of this game that has not been awkward fights in cramped, terribly-designed spaces?
The main menu? Although going by the start of the latest video I'm not so sure.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

Awkward terribly-designed dialogue and cutscenes.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I don't think there's even been an on-rails section or a dull turret defense to break up the monotony.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I'm afraid I've got some bad news for our blip-focused tasters:

quote:

Dear Blip User,

This email is regarding your Blip account with the login "JudgeDiaper".

We are writing to inform you that, due to recent changes at Blip, we will be closing your account.

On July 7th, 2014 we will downgrade your account and no longer accept uploads.

On September 1, 2014 your account will be deactivated and you will no longer have access to the Blip dashboard or your content. Your videos will be removed from our system at this time.

We encourage you to upload your videos to YouTube and apply to join the Maker RPM network here: https://partner.makerstudios.com/?referralWebsite=blip

Feel free to contact support@blip.com if you have any questions.

We thank you for being a supporter of Blip and we wish you the best.

Thank you,
Blip Support

So get those views in while you can everybod---

Oh.

Well, regardless, we plan to adapt to be more blip friendly with our new branding, Sexy Babes In Their Underwear Critiquing Things From Your Childhood. So keep an eye on that and support us on Patreon!!!

Cantorsdust posted:

These fights are getting progressively more bullshit.

They get worse, if you can believe that.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Reloading a gun?

They can do that?

Seriously, though, guys, are we ever going to see anything on any kind of character upgrades or what?

And, am I right in that this is sexist as hell as the female never picks up a large gun? Or is this just a MDC thing?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for our blip-focused tasters:

So get those views in while you can everybod---

Oh.

Well, regardless, we plan to adapt to be more blip friendly with our new branding, Sexy Babes In Their Underwear Critiquing Things From Your Childhood. So keep an eye on that and support us on Patreon!!!

They get worse, if you can believe that.

Have Diaper Chris live up to his name and Anthony operate some puppets and all the Blip Buxs will be yours.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
Oh man another great LP from the blonde roast boys.

On the plus side, the animations are a little better than DARK's.
I think.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I love your LPs and I'm really bummed that a game that involves cyborg monkeys sucks somehow. You guys inspired me to try and take the good ideas out of an irredeemably boring game and put them in something that sucks less. Thanks for the great LP!

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Moustache Jim oozes sleaze and I'm pretty sure he's gonna turn out evil.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The game can keep their cyberchimps I just want a Sweet Steve Mark 6

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Samizdata posted:

Seriously, though, guys, are we ever going to see anything on any kind of character upgrades or what?

You want it? You got it! It's a blip exclusive! We're kicking off our new series with a look at the MindJack upgrades!

pkfan2004 posted:

I love your LPs and I'm really bummed that a game that involves cyborg monkeys sucks somehow. You guys inspired me to try and take the good ideas out of an irredeemably boring game and put them in something that sucks less. Thanks for the great LP!

I will wait for Anthony to give a more informed critique, but I think this is cool.

Samizdata posted:

And, am I right in that this is sexist as hell as the female never picks up a large gun? Or is this just a MDC thing?

Just neglecting to pick them up.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Doubling the size of your will o' the wisp just seems like it would get caught in doors twice as often.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

You want it? You got it! It's a blip exclusive! We're kicking off our new series with a look at the MindJack upgrades!

I was on blip once a few years ago watching another LP and somehow I ended up on their main page and the featured video was a woman in lingerie installing a ceiling fan so this is pretty much spot on.

As for Lyle, I'm sure he'll end up betraying us at some point but they won't reveal it this early. He'll probably bide his time and lie... low (yes this should be "lay low" but thems the bad joke breaks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I was on blip once a few years ago watching another LP and somehow I ended up on their main page and the featured video was a woman in lingerie installing a ceiling fan so this is pretty much spot on.

As for Lyle, I'm sure he'll end up betraying us at some point but they won't reveal it this early. He'll probably bide his time and lie... low (yes this should be "lay low" but thems the bad joke breaks)

Those helpful ladies taught me how to LP, please do not disparage them.

• Locked thread