Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Elliot Rodgers must be PISSSED

http://instagram.com/p/oehLInI3CN/

Goddamn JFF loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MonsterWalk posted:

Manziel spend this weekend without his nose in a playbook. I'm mad.

Thats not Gronk in the back is it?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yup, that's Gronk.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
When a party is needed, they do 3 keg stands and Gronk appears in a cloud of Axe body spray.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Looks like he's flying coach though. Show me the money Johnny Football.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Blarfk posted:

Thats not Gronk in the back is it?

Of course it is.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
He is a party, after all.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Kalli posted:

Yup, that's Gronk.

Manziel has found the best possible mentor he could to transition his college game to the NFL in Gronk. He also has a picture up with Pauly D of fleeting Jersey Shore fame.

Lot of Browns fans and some of the media for the team are pretty pissed about it. I know we're used to Browns QBs being literally retarded (Weeden's blank look on his face every down the past 2 years most notably, good luck Cowboys fans when Romo inevitably gets hurt this year) but its entirely possible he can learn the complicated, record shattering Browns offense we all know and love and still have the social life most 21 year old men have.

Its actually kinda cool to see a Browns player not living the traditional dumpy rear end lovely rust belt midwestern shithole life. :shrug:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Wait are you serious, Cowboys fans had real high hopes about Brandon Weeden potentially taking snaps in the foreseeable future

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Wait are you serious, Cowboys fans had real high hopes about Brandon Weeden potentially taking snaps in the foreseeable future

These are the same people who want to ditch Romo, soooo...

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

WugLyfe posted:

I know a lot of football fans are dumb, and Romo gets a ton of hate from dumb fans, but when was the last time someone took a look at a Browns castoff quarterback and said "yep, big step up right there"?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WugLyfe posted:

Everyone who wants to get rid of a 34 year old QB coming off back surgery must be an idiot. I've liked Romo during his career, but his career is just about over.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spacebump posted:

Everyone who wants to get rid of a 34 year old QB coming off back surgery must be an idiot. I've liked Romo during his career, but his career is just about over.

As opposed to your 30 year old with 2 years experience and couldn't cut it on the Browns.

Also, Peyton was a 34 year old coming off back surgery...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

1) The problem is they think Weeden's a good replacement

2) Last season when the Week 17 Orton game was about to happen, I had some friends who are Eagles fans tell me they were terrified of Orton (they genuinely thought he'd win and it wouldn't be close), and I had some who were Cowboys fans tell me they hadn't felt so good about the team in years just because of the mere presence of Orton. You'd be surprised how little it takes for people to be idiots about the Cowboys.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

swickles posted:

As opposed to your 30 year old with 2 years experience and couldn't cut it on the Browns.

Also lol if you think this has anything to do with his back.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

Peyton is also one of if not the best quarterback of all time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And Peyton's team moved on from him and it was probably a good decision so I'm not sure where I am on this version of Romo chat.

I mean, aside from laughing at the thought that there might be someone in the world who is excited about Weeden. Someone who isn't Spacebump since I don't think that was his point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Peyton is also one of if not the best quarterback of all time

True, and I think Peyton's game translates well to hiding any deficiency he had afterwards compared to Romo's, but I also know Romo's surgery has a much better recovery rate (as in time progression to full recovery) than Peyton's injury. Romo may not be the best of all time, but the discussion is whether Romo is a better choice than Weeden. Both Bridgewater and Manziel were on the board for the Cowboys, if they didn't believe in Romo to be the starter (like is currently insinuated) they would have drafted a better choice than Brandon "Retiring in 2 years" Weeden.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also as an aside I had some sort of hope Brady Quinn would be a step forward somewhat recently. Not so much because I believed in Quinn but because I was watching 2012 Matt Cassel.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Update: still have not run into johnny Manziel at any Cleveland bars

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Thaddius the Large posted:

I know a lot of football fans are dumb, and Romo gets a ton of hate from dumb fans, but when was the last time someone took a look at a Browns castoff quarterback and said "yep, big step up right there"?

Brandon Weedon is the quarterback Dallas deserves. Dallas fans are retarded. I also saw Tony at a bar and he's dreamy so f the haters.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I really hope that playbook is a pop-up book

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Is there a QB that the media is not critical of what they do in the offseason?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Parlett316 posted:

Andy Dalton, but that may be because they don't care.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@MarcSesslerNFL: Andy Reid tells @NFL_AM the Chiefs are in 'open communication' with Alex Smith on a new contract. 'I'm sure something will get done.'

lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

korrandark posted:

Andy Dalton, but that may be because they don't care.

I haven't heard a thing about Andrew Luck

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ehud posted:

@MarcSesslerNFL: Andy Reid tells @NFL_AM the Chiefs are in 'open communication' with Alex Smith on a new contract. 'I'm sure something will get done.'

lol

Trigger warning for Basil please

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

Skip Bayless is a piece of poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Parlett316 posted:

Matt Ryan because no reporters are staking out Wednesday trivia nights at buckhead saloon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chilichimp posted:

Skip Bayless is a piece of poo poo.

He rules actually

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ehud posted:

lol

A 3yr/3mil deal is fair. After all, we need a backup for Murray.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Anyone who doesn't realize that the Cowboys are hosed if #9 goes down is a moron. The team apparently has faith in his recovery because they could've gone after Manziel but didn't (Bridgewater was right there as well but whatever). None of this matters because I'm basically taking a Cutler-style approach to this every season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Murray is a poor man's Alex Smith tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

So this is what Stockholm Syndrome mixed with denial looks like

Rasczak posted:

Anyone who doesn't realize that the Cowboys are hosed if #9 goes down is a moron. The team apparently has faith in his recovery because they could've gone after Manziel but didn't (Bridgewater was right there as well but whatever). None of this matters because I'm basically taking a Cutler-style approach to this every season.

A 9-7 season (even sans playoffs) is still a success for Dallas at this point

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Rasczak posted:

Wife threatened to leave you if you didn't stop drinking scotch out the bottle every time Dallas's defense was on the field, eh

E: Even if the Cowboys have total faith in Romo, he is 34. The Packers took Rodgers when Favre was around the same age, so passing on Manziel doesn't make a lot of sense. It smacks of Randy Moss all over again, even with Dallas getting a competent but not flashy player instead of the superstar.

superaielman fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 27, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why did the Chiefs fall apart at the end of the season? Injuries?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Manziel on the Cowboys would have been intolerable. I am glad it did not happen.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

euphronius posted:

Manziel on the Cowboys would have been intolerable. I am glad it did not happen.

Actually it would have ruled #hatersgonnahate # bigmoney

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

euphronius posted:

Why did the Chiefs fall apart at the end of the season? Injuries?

Partially injuries (both Hali and Houston got hurt and the pass rush kinda sucked after that), partially just playing good teams. Their schedule was really backloaded last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wheez the roux posted:

Actually it would have ruled #hatersgonnahate # bigmoney

ESPN would have launched a separate channel just for Cowboys coverage.

• Locked thread