Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

CapnBiggles posted:

This is absolutely the most divisive PC gaming purchase I've considered in months. I'm hovering on whether or not my lowered expectations are worth $60.

Nobody pays full price for pc games.

Nvidia keys will probably be $20-$30. Otherwise heres 25% off
http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/...b&utm_source=cm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Nobody pays full price for pc games.

Nvidia keys will probably be $20-$30. Otherwise heres 25% off
http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/...b&utm_source=cm

Yeah, I got the game for 30 bucks last week on ebay, do that instead of paying 60 bucks.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Its on uplay (had nvidia code)

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Well I caved it and bought it without reviews and with some questions about it but whatever.

I can always just stiff Ubi in the future if this game is terrible.

Hoping GMG keys are coming out in next few minutes so I can least start downloading tonight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And of course its late on PSN. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

And of course its late on PSN. :(

Not even ten minutes yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not even ten minutes yet

For what it's worth it looks like PSN is updating the store. You cant even buy Watch Dogs now. So it should be up any moment now.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Consistently crashing to desktop each time I click new game. Oh well, guess I'll go to bed and try again in the morning.

edit: works when I put it into borderless and changed the resolution until it was fullscreen.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 27, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spiky Ooze posted:

Well I caved it and bought it without reviews and with some questions about it but whatever.

I can always just stiff Ubi in the future if this game is terrible.

Hoping GMG keys are coming out in next few minutes so I can least start downloading tonight.

GMG is in the slow process of crashing into a fiery ball of wreckage.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It's loving hilarious, but kind of sad, because I pre-ordered Arkham Knight from them as well, and this is going to happen again when it comes out.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
So my Steam version is finishing the install process. Doesn't say anything about not being released yet.

LSD-25
Jan 26, 2007
Lysergic Acid Diethylamide: C20H25N3O

blue squares posted:

Consistently crashing to desktop each time I click new game. Oh well, guess I'll go to bed and try again in the morning.

edit: works when I put it into borderless and changed the resolution until it was fullscreen.

edit: You figured it out, never mind. Seems like a fairly major bug though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

For what it's worth it looks like PSN is updating the store. You cant even buy Watch Dogs now. So it should be up any moment now.

How can you tell? I'm new to this joke of an ecosystem.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Started my PSN download just now, in case that matters. :) When I hit Download, it popped up an error message and kicked me back to the homescreen, but then a second later the download popped up and began.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

leidend posted:

How can you tell? I'm new to this joke of an ecosystem.

The Buy Now button is gone now. It was there when I first started hitting F5 over and over again. I am checking on PS4 right now too and it's not there anymore either.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Still don't have my code from Uplay for the Nvidia deal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crappy Jack posted:

Started my PSN download just now, in case that matters. :)

How?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Mine showed up in Uplay just now, didn't get the email till a few minutes later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

Started my PSN download just now, in case that matters. :) When I hit Download, it popped up an error message and kicked me back to the homescreen, but then a second later the download popped up and began.

I still don't get the download button!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

PSN download is available now, if your system isn't showing it, you might have to restart it/reconnect to PSN.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

I'm on PS4, kept backing out and going back into the Watch Dogs page over and over again, and just a minute ago it actually popped up with the Download button available where the word "Purchased" was before. Just hit that, it popped up an error message but started anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm on PS4, kept backing out and going back into the Watch Dogs page over and over again, and just a minute ago it actually popped up with the Download button available where the word "Purchased" was before. Just hit that, it popped up an error message but started anyway.

Ah, yea I just got a download button too but clicking it sent me back to the home page. I'll give it a sec.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

ayn rand hand job posted:

It's loving hilarious, but kind of sad, because I pre-ordered Arkham Knight from them as well, and this is going to happen again when it comes out.

Yep. All options kind of suck at "launch night" digital releases though. Even if you pre-load on Steam or something you'll get stuck verifying some poo poo for 30 minutes when it comes out. Nobody's yet solved internet traffic crunch really well.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Sedisp posted:

When you do the nvidia thing you get a code that you use to purchase the game on uplay for $0.00. You never get a uplay activation code. The game should just show up on uplay.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Downloading on PSN for PS4. Had 4 files. Update file / Exclusive Missions / R-33B Gun / And Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs is saying 3492mb. That... doesnt seem right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Talkc posted:

Downloading on PSN for PS4. Had 4 files. Update file / Exclusive Missions / R-33B Gun / And Watch Dogs.

The first thing it does is download just what you need to get going with the game, the rest is downloaded as you play.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Talkc posted:

They were saying earlier that a large chunk of the PC download size was language files. So it's not impossible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Still getting kicked back to the home screen when I hit download, PSN is still my favorite frenemy digital service :argh:

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
Picking up the game tomorrow after work, I wasn't too excited for the game until I saw the cool as robot spider thing in Giant Bomb's preview a month or so back, I'll buy any game with cool as giant spiders.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Spiky Ooze posted:

Yep. All options kind of suck at "launch night" digital releases though. Even if you pre-load on Steam or something you'll get stuck verifying some poo poo for 30 minutes when it comes out. Nobody's yet solved internet traffic crunch really well.

Bigger tubes.

Or a disc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Talkc posted:

6 files for the gold edition + monster gun. Hope it leaves some of the 92 gigs I have left on my hard drive.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

univbee posted:

Of the PC version's 22 gigs, 9 of those gigs are taken up by 6 different languages, 1.5 gigs each. It uses up 7.5 gigs for language assets you won't use unless you like juggling languages. :ughh:
Steam handles this correctly for Watch Dogs (except for DLC) -- it only downloads the assets for your chosen language, thankfully. Game comes out to be about 13GB instead.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

When you do the nvidia thing you get a code that you use to purchase the game on uplay for $0.00. You never get a uplay activation code. The game should just show up on uplay.

Yeah it wasn't showing up either, tried restarting Uplay to fix it didn't work. Deleted the "review" copy .exe and it sprang into existence.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

Yeah you do, I just got my email 5 minutes ago with the activation code (NVIDIA promo)

It just showed up in my games list, but still needs activation

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
Whenever GMG isn't moving at a slow crawl, it's just crashing. Just now I've gotten a message telling me about current technical difficulties on the site. I'll wait for when this smooths out tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSN still won't let me download and maybe its based on region? It's 9:27pm here, but that's never been the case for U.S. releases I think. If a game releases midnight east coast then it releases everywhere at the same time for the U.S., so 9pm for west coast users.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nah that shouldn't be it, I'm in Central and got the Download button at least, I think servers are just being hammered as usual. I'll give it a half hour before just waiting till tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

gibbed posted:

Steam handles this correctly for Watch Dogs (except for DLC) -- it only downloads the assets for your chosen language, thankfully. Game comes out to be about 13GB instead.

steam thankfully allowed me to preload the game and now that it's midnight it's redownloading all 13gBs again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

PSN still won't let me download and maybe its based on region? It's 9:27pm here, but that's never been the case for U.S. releases I think. If a game releases midnight east coast then it releases everywhere at the same time for the U.S., so 9pm for west coast users.

I'm west coast and it was available at 9:20 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Have you rebooted your system?

• Locked thread