Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't even handle emotions from others so I only watch Person of Interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CobiWann posted:

Is there anything better than clearing off your DVR and having no episodes left recorded on it?

The touch of a woma... oh sorry I forgot where I was posting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

The touch of a woma... oh sorry I forgot where I was posting.

As if you know what that's like :rolleyes:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rarity posted:

As if you know what that's like :rolleyes:

Touching yourself doesn't count Rarity. :cheeky:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

CobiWann posted:

Is there anything better than clearing off your DVR and having no episodes left recorded on it?

That first night in the fall that you sit down and finally have new stuff recorded on your DVR.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ravane posted:

:stare:

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Cartoon show crier spotted

I only cry at the sad parts of kids movies or when someone I love dies :smug:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

:drat:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ravane posted:

Holy poo poo. :vince:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be honest, I'm just glad someone remembers I'm a girl.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The episode that most emotionally affects me is the season 5 opener of Newsradio, with the cast/characters dealing with the death of Phil Hartman/Bill McNeal. It's very raw, and the lines between the characters and actors are blurry, but it's those things that make it so fantastic.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I always cry when Hot Lips Houlihan gets the shower pulled down around her in MASH

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Oh come on, you and me are bros to the end. :glomp:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rarity posted:

Are you surprised Ravane has a goongirls.xls?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Anyone watching that World War special on the History Channel, its kind of interesting because you never really hear much about WWI since WWII is given most of the attention in schools, movies, and TV specials.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

Anyone watching that World War special on the History Channel, its kind of interesting because you never really hear much about WWI since WWII is given most of the attention in schools, movies, and TV specials.

If you're interested in WWI you really should look up a documentary series called "The Great War" that came out back in the '60s. It's probably the best WWI doc I've ever seen. It's to WWI as "The World at War" is to WWII. Basically the best there is.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

achillesforever6 posted:

:laffo: Do not watch that, it's like negative learning.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I saw the masters of sex pilot

It's p good

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really hope at some point Michael sheen turns to Lizzy Caplan and goes all "If we pull this off, we'll be the masters....OF SEX"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PittTheElder posted:

:laffo: Do not watch that, it's like negative learning.
Yeah yeah, thankfully I know a lot about WWII just from my dad's books and better World War docs. And Band of Brothers, man that miniseries owned, need to watch it again. I've never felt sadder seeing characters die in a show. :smith:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah yeah, thankfully I know a lot about WWII just from my dad's books and better World War docs. And Band of Brothers, man that miniseries owned, need to watch it again. I've never felt sadder seeing characters die in a show. :smith:

Like I said above watch "The Great War" because it's really good. You don't even have to track it down, I've done it for you!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
There was some talk of the Buffy ep "Restless" in the other thread, which got me wondering--what episodes of TV shows have had "accurate" portrayals of dreams? By that, I mean eps where the dreams take on a surreal, illogical quality--where maybe that guy from high school was an owl working for Ben Linus and for some reason you're jogging in place the whole time--as opposed to them basically being largely indistinguishable from reality until the reveal that it was all a dream.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

If Mad Men's last scene did not make you smile you might be a psychopath and/or dead inside. Just putting that out there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I saw the masters of sex pilot

It's p good

I thought the pilot was actually quiet banal compared to the rest of season 1. It was good, for sure, but "p" good? Barely. It did make me check out the rest, which is after all the only job of a pilot, I reckon.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hollywood Reporter just did a new roundtable with TV drama actresses. When the interviewer asks Keri Russell about Felicity, she refers to it as "that network show." That's pretty weird.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/drama-actress-roundtable-watch-full-706710

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I really hope at some point Michael sheen turns to Lizzy Caplan and goes all "If we pull this off, we'll be the masters....OF SEX"

It's always a tragedy when a show ends without having ever done this.

precision posted:

I thought the pilot was actually quiet banal compared to the rest of season 1. It was good, for sure, but "p" good? Barely. It did make me check out the rest, which is after all the only job of a pilot, I reckon.

What do you think the 'p' stands for, here?

edit: I started watching that actresses roundtable and the first question was so dumb I had to turn it off. "Do you think network shows have started to have big shocking moments because cable shows have been doing them recently?" That's your opener?

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 27, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vincent posted:

If Mad Men's last scene did not make you smile you might be a psychopath and/or dead inside. Just putting that out there.
I loved watching Don Draper rescue and adopt Fry's dog.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Argue posted:

There was some talk of the Buffy ep "Restless" in the other thread, which got me wondering--what episodes of TV shows have had "accurate" portrayals of dreams? By that, I mean eps where the dreams take on a surreal, illogical quality--where maybe that guy from high school was an owl working for Ben Linus and for some reason you're jogging in place the whole time--as opposed to them basically being largely indistinguishable from reality until the reveal that it was all a dream.

The Sopranos was pretty well-known for those; "The Test Dream" in season 5 stands out because I think at least half the episode was a dream.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Chamberk posted:

The Sopranos was pretty well-known for those; "The Test Dream" in season 5 stands out because I think at least half the episode was a dream.

I think it was more like 90% of the episode.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Vincent posted:

Well I suffer from Bitchy/rear end in a top hat Resting Face Syndrome, but I can tell you I was smiling inside. You'll just have to believe me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sober posted:

Well I suffer from Bitchy/rear end in a top hat Resting Face Syndrome, but I can tell you I was smiling inside. You'll just have to believe me.

People at work are always asking me why I'm so mad all the time.

It makes me really mad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

precision posted:

People at work are always asking me why I'm so mad all the time.

It makes me really mad.

It's just constipation, don't worry about it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

:siren:I WANT TO DO A THING:siren:

So I watched 301 of LMS last week, and it's...oh wow it's INCREDIBLE

It's so bad it loops around to AMAZING and I think this thread could have an awesome laugh out of doing a viewing party

Seriously it's that incredibly bad/amazing

Anyways I want to organize a viewing party for 301

My tenuous plan would be to do this on the tviv irc here on Wednesday May 28, 2014 at 5 pm PST (8 pm EST): http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net

We'd all watch it together and livechat about it because holllllllllllllllllllllly poo poo is it SO BAD, but not in the way that season 2 episodes are bad

Anyways let me know itt if you like this idea because man oh man oh man do I want to see how goons react to this, at some point during the last eight minutes of the ep I couldn't stop laughing at it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching an episode of L&O from 93 and it has a super young Zeljko Ivanek in it and he looks weird with hair and not 50.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

muscles like this? posted:

Watching an episode of L&O from 93 and it has a super young Zeljko Ivanek in it and he looks weird with hair and not 50.

Gremlins has a young Jonathan Banks with hair, and it's even weirder.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

Its not shocking since he was on Homicide and part of all of their crossovers. On Homicide was one of the few times he is not a total dick.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Spatula City posted:

Gremlins has a young Jonathan Banks with hair, and it's even weirder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTEOpEGvcKA&t=70s

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Reminder that Galavant is a show that will exist and air on national television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNVhGbw_Sg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!