Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Diogines posted:

I have a behavioral problem with my cats which I don't know how to deal with. I have two cats, both female, both fixed. I live alone.

One cat is about 3 and a half years old. I will call her Kitty 3.0.

The other is a few months shy of 2 years old. I will call her Kitty 1.7.

I got Kitty 3.0 from a shelter when she was a kitten. She lived with me and my elderly rabbit and was generally calm and laid back. She would groom the rabbit, sometimes they slept together. They both got along really well. I kept her in my bedroom when I was out of my place, in another room from my rabbit but I never saw a single time when they fought. A few months after I got Kitty 3.0, my rabbit died. Kitty 3.0 was left alone at home for about 8ish months after that while I was at work. I know cats are best in pairs, I didn't expect my rabbit to die and I was not ready to get a second one.

Kitty 3.0's favorite place in my house is in my living room where I have my computer and TV. Right next to my computer desk I have a cat tree with two levels on it. She loved to lay on it.

When Kitty 3.0 was about a year and a half old, I got a second cat, also a kitten, who we shall now call Kitty 1.7.

Kitty 1.7 is sort of a dick. She always wanted to play with Kitty 3.0, even though Kitty 3.0 made it clear she didn't want to play. To this day, Kitty 1.7 chases Kitty 3.0 around my home, not constantly but at least once a day. Sometimes Kitty 3.0 plays back, often she wants to be left alone and then hisses and swats at Kitty 1.7 till she leaves her alone. I have never seen it get any worse than a little hissing and swatting which I read online can be normal? They never draw blood. When I leave for work during the week I leave them locked in my bedroom, they seem to be okay.

I often see them sit a few feet away from each other near a window. Sometimes(rarely) they sit together or sleep together. I see Kitty 1.7 try to groom Kitty 3.0 sometimes, Kitty 3.0 does not groom her in turn but seems to tolerate it, she does not seem to like it. Kitty 1.7 has long since displaced Kitty 3.0 from the cat tree next to my computer desk. At night Kitty 1.7 usually sleeps near my feet, Kitty 3.0 usually sleeps on a space next to my pillow or on my back.

This morning I found that Kitty 1.7 had some blood in the corners of one of her eyes. I wiped it and took her to the vet right away fearing it was an infection. The vet said she thought it was probably a scratch on the eyelid and nothing to worry about. The prior evening I saw that she tried to crawl into a tight space under a piece of furniture and figured she scratched herself that way. Now I think that Kitty 3.0 may have scratched her on the face.

Today... today Kitty 3.0 spent pretty much the entire day under my bed, in a corner near my nightstand where she has almost full cover. At first I thought she might be sick, but when my Kitty 1.7 came over, Kitty 3.0 hissed at her over and over. When Kitty 1.7 left, Kitty 3.0 was loveable and affectionate to me like she always is, let me pet her and purred happily.

If I had to try to simplify it, Kitty 1.7 likes Kitty 3.0, who does not return the affection, Kitty 1.7 also plays too much. Both of them are always affectionate to me. Kitty 3.0 seems to hiss whenever 1.7 comes within sight today, Kitty 1.7 is not acting aggressively at all and seems a little freaked out.

This is the first time either of them has ever been hurt. Tomorrow I go back to work, what can I do in the short term to deal with this while I am out of my home and what can I do in the long term to get them to get along better? Separating them while I am at work is not really an option.

Edit: After the two were apart all day, I finally picked up Kitty 3.0, carried her to my computer and petted her for a bit. She climbed into one of her favorite spots on the floor next to my tower. She hissed at Kitty 1.7 and made rumbling noises, eventually Kitty 1.7 moved away and climbed onto the cat tree, well less than five feet of space is between the two of them. Kitty 1.7 is perfectly calm, laid down and went to sleep. Kitty 3.0 has stopped hissing but keeps giving concerned looks at Kitty 1.7 as I continue to pet her to try to keep her calm.

More advice on what to do would still be appreciated.

In my experience, not much other than let time pass. I got my 2 cats about a year apart, and the little(rear end in a top hat) one is more active and wants to play more, but the older one doesn't really want to play much and kind of tolerated her. They're also similar to yours in that the older one is super-chill and hangs out with me almost constantly, and the little one is a coked up jerk. Over time, they both mellowed out more and will hang out with each other sometimes, but rarely doing anything like grooming or really catpiling.

Otherwise, I guess you can try petting both cats so that kitty 3.0 has to deal with the smell of kitty 1.7 on your hands and get more ok with it over time(disclaimer: this theory comes out of guessing and cat shamanism).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

If I had to try to simplify it, Kitty 1.7 likes Kitty 3.0, who does not return the affection, Kitty 1.7 also plays too much. Both of them are always affectionate to me. Kitty 3.0 seems to hiss whenever 1.7 comes within sight today, Kitty 1.7 is not acting aggressively at all and seems a little freaked out.

This is the first time either of them has ever been hurt. Tomorrow I go back to work, what can I do in the short term to deal with this while I am out of my home and what can I do in the long term to get them to get along better? Separating them while I am at work is not really an option.

Shortest term: clip their claws
Short term: Get Feliway and Sentry calming collars and see if that warms them up
Longer term: A third young cat to occupy Kitty 1.7's attention?

Not joking about that last one. I had a boy and girl cat who I got at the same age, about six months. As they've gotten older (about 3-4 years now) the boy cat has become more and more aggressive and playful, while the girl cat has gotten more and more shy. He'd push her off the bed, groom her and then turn it into a sneak attack, chase her until she screamed, and generally be a huge dick and make her life miserable at least once a day.

I do cat rescue and ended up bringing in an 8-month-old kitten a few months ago and it's been magic at improving cat dynamics. Now Boy Cat gets all his energy out playing with Kitten, who is considerably more playful and aggressive than Girl Cat. Girl Cat still gets playtime, but on her own terms and can easily escape when she wants because Kitten and Boy Cat will go after one another instead. Boy Cat doesn't try to hog the bed anymore--all three of them share :3: Girl Cat even gets to use the cat tree, which Boy Cat had long ago claimed for his own.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Warning, do not get 4th cat if the first 3 don't get along, at that point you're just trying to find an excuse to be a crazy cat person.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

Warning, do not get 4th cat if the first 3 don't get along, at that point you're just trying to find an excuse to be a crazy cat person.

but maybe then you just need 5 cats :downs:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Should be an even number so they have a playmate at all times and can rotate when they get bored, thus I propose six cats.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Drythe posted:

Should be an even number so they have a playmate at all times and can rotate when they get bored, thus I propose six cats.

But then you have to get six more so they can all play hockey together.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

But if you get 12 more they could play Soccer!

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Then who's going to fill out the rest of the 53 man kitty football roster?

Totally Normal
Mar 29, 2003

WELLNESS!
I judge people who name their cats Loki and Khaleesi (or however you spell it). Over the past 3 months I've met at least 3 of each. People are pretty uncreative, or maybe those who like cats also have very narrow interests. Who knows. Either way those names are dumb.

Then again, my cat's name is Popsicle...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Claws trimmed. Kitty 1.7 seems more freaked out than anything else and not at all aggressive. Kitty 3.0 still hisses whenevr she is close and is constantly on the lookout for her.

I will try Feliway and Sentry Calming Collars tomorrow. Neither wear collars, I feel bad to put one on either of them but I guess if I have to? I'll try it.

Two cats are my limit, I am not becoming a crazy old cat lady. I got Kitty 1.7 as a replacement for Bunny 1, who was best budds with Kitty 3.0. No more cats, two is my limit.

If anyone has any other tips on what to do or behavioral things I can do, I am very interested for your advice.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 28, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Diogines posted:

Claws trimmed. Kitty 1.7 seems more freaked out than anything else and not at all aggressive. Kitty 3.0 still hisses whenevr she is close and is constantly on the lookout for her.

I will try Feliway and Sentry Calming Collars tomorrow. Neither wear collars, I feel bad to put one on either of them but I guess if I have to? I'll try it.

Two cats are my limit, I am not becoming a crazy old cat lady. I got Kitty 1.7 as a replacement for Bunny 1, who was best budds with Kitty 3.0. No more cats, two is my limit.

If anyone has any other tips on what to do or behavioral things I can do, I am very interested for your advice.

Da Bird diplomacy sometimes helps. If you can get them both in the same room, you can get them both playing alternately with it, and get used to being around each other in a relaxed and enjoyable way.

It's helped my old cats get along better with the new kid, anyway.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Da Bird diplomacy sometimes helps. If you can get them both in the same room, you can get them both playing alternately with it, and get used to being around each other in a relaxed and enjoyable way.

It's helped my old cats get along better with the new kid, anyway.

I actually JUST tried that, alternating bats between them volley ball style.

Kitty 3.0 seemed to calm down a little bit but as soon as I stopped, she started hitting at Kitty 1.7 again. I will keep trying it once or twice daily.

It will be another full day till I can get the collar and feliway. Kitty 3.0 seems really stressed, I just have no way to separate the two while I am at work tomorrow except to lock Kitty 1.7 in a tiny bathroom, which will make her miserable. I feel like Kitty 3.0 needs some time alone, as much as i DO NOT want to do it at all but Kitty 3.0 seems really upset.

Kitty 1.7 seems upset, but is not acting hostile or aggressive at all. She is not even chasing Kitty 3.0 anymore. Should I lock them away tomorrow? She would be stuck in the bathroom for about 12 hours, with water, food and a liter box, but not much room to move around. It is about as large as a public bathroom sit down stall.

There have been a handful of times when Kitty 3.0 may be pissed at me, i.e., if I try to trim all of her nails at once or am a little rough playing with her, when she is pissed, she will grab my hand with her teeth but not bite hard, which very clearly says to me, "Don't do that!" It is a message I understand and she seems to know I know. She has not shown ANY aggressive behavior to me at all since this all started and seems fine with me petting her, even while hissing at the other kitty.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 28, 2014

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
If you must own a soccer team's worth of cats, please be kind and go with the Manchester United uniforms.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
I used to think any more than two cats for one person was crossing crazy cat lady territory, but now I'm up to four cats and I definitely am not a crazy cat lady.

Definitely.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
I need to know, do you actually say "kitty 3.0" and "kitty 1.7" out loud?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

No, I had to update the firmware last week, that changed the version numbers.

They have names. I thought it would be easier to keep track of Older Kitty and Younger Kitty if I described them that way?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not really, no. Even Oldkitty vs Babykitty would have been less confusing.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Do they have super offensive names or something?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Totally Normal posted:

I judge people who name their cats Loki and Khaleesi (or however you spell it). Over the past 3 months I've met at least 3 of each. People are pretty uncreative, or maybe those who like cats also have very narrow interests. Who knows. Either way those names are dumb.

Then again, my cat's name is Popsicle...

What about people who have a cat with a food name (Taters) and two cats with book/TV show character names (Arya and Bran)?

Ringworm update for the kittens since I posted in here asking for info: it's going pretty well! Both have been on medication for about a week and a half now. Their fur is starting to come back in places and Arya hasn't gotten any new patches. They're still cooped up in the master bathroom and I cannot wait for the ringworm to stop being contagious. They're going back to the vet on Thursday for a second round of vaccinations, so hopefully he'll agree that they're looking so much better already. And no one in my family or the older cat are showing signs of ringworm so far! :toot:

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 28, 2014

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
Yesterday there was a new addition to my little furry family! I already had 2 kittens, Sophie and Chloe who I got when they were just old enough to leave their mother. I didn't plan to get a 3rd cat any time in the near future, but whenever I'd think of cats in rescue centre's I'd always feel a little guilty for buying cute little kittens who would have no problems finding a home, rather than getting cats that don't have a home to go to.

I decided to contact a cat rescue centre to ask specifically about any cat's they have that they're having trouble rehoming. They told me about Libby. They said she's 3 years old (The vaccination paperwork says her date of birth is Feb 2012 though, so I'll ask my vet to estimate her age) and she's been with them for 9 months after being abandoned by her previous owners after having kittens. I was told she has no health problem, but the reason she's been with them so long is because there's so many black and white cats that people tend to overlook them.

I went to meet Libby yesterday and fell in love with her instantly. The lady who runs the cat rescue charity does all the work from her home. I think she has some inside her home and then she has like a large shed thing outside with more cats, but I didn't go out to see them. Libby was sitting in a cat bed which was on top of a work surface in their kitchen so I petted her a little. Within a couple of minutes she seemed to really like me! She'd got out of the cat bed and was standing up with her legs on my shoulders licking my neck and rubbing her face all over me. There were so many other cat's there too and it made me so sad to not be able to bring them all home, but my reason in the first place for getting a 3rd cat was to help one who's having some trouble finding a home and I need to have some sort of limit on the amount of cats I have otherwise I'd not be able to afford to care for them all as much as they deserve!

Anyway, I filled in all the paperwork to adopt her and was allowed to bring her home the same day. I'm really surprised by just how quick the whole process was. Libby is also settling in very well.. I was planning to keep her isolated and do a slow introduction, but the woman from the cat rescue place told me she usually keeps them in a dog crate for a few days to give the other cats chance to see and smell the new cat where it's safe from any harm. I have the crate from when Sophie was on cage rest after her accident so giving this a try first. Yesterday evening I kept her in there the whole evening. There was a little bit of hissing from Sophie and Chloe but Libby seems very calm and hasn't hissed back and doesn't seem bothered by them at all.

This morning I decided to let her out of the cage for a little while with supervision and she's being such an angel. She's had a little explore, but hasn't gone too far from the cage yet, but that could be because of Sophie and Chloe. She's also had a bit of a cuddle with me on the sofa and was laying on a blanket on top of the cage for a little while too. I'm actually really surprised just how quickly she's settling in and feeling comfortable in her new environment. I really thought it'd take quite some time and that there'd be a lot more difficulty with the introduction, but I guess the fact that she's been around so many cats and I imagine cat's were coming and going all the time helps her adjust to new cats more quickly.

Sophie and Chloe will hopefully also adjust to their new big sister soon too. There's been a little hissing, but nothing more than that. Libby is quite a bit bigger than Sophie and Chloe too, since they're only around 8 - 9 months old, and Libby also looks a bit overweight (But I'll ask the vet about that since I don't have any other cat's around her age for reference), so I don't think they'd dare try fight with her.

I really cant wait until they're all settled and back to normal and a happy little family :) I'll also upload a picture of her a little later! I woke up very early today and it's still dark outside and the lighting inside isn't great so pictures look fuzzy! I'll edit the post in a few hours once I can take a nice picture of her :)

Rah fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 28, 2014

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Catpocalypse Now :toot: 6 black foster kittens incoming in 24 hours. Decoy and Hugo will hate me but I don't care :toot:

Though they're only staying until they fatten up for the pot adoption, so a couple of weeks. They are all black with no differentiating features so I think they will just get one collective name.

E: I have decided The Black Plague will suffice.

Tamarillo fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 28, 2014

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Tamarillo posted:

Catpocalypse Now :toot: 6 black foster kittens incoming in 24 hours. Decoy and Hugo will hate me but I don't care :toot:

Though they're only staying until they fatten up for the pot adoption, so a couple of weeks. They are all black with no differentiating features so I think they will just get one collective name.

How about...."the mass"? Or after a film "la horde"?

Totally Normal
Mar 29, 2003

WELLNESS!
The black panthers

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Well the cat's at the vet in icu after falling out the bathroom window and down 5 stories. Little guy has two broken ribs and a pierced lung but if he can make the next 24 hours he should be okay.

I'm just glad I didn't leave the house before checking around for him

On the plus side the vet cost 580 rmb, which equates to around £58. :smith:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Well the cat's at the vet in icu after falling out the bathroom window and down 5 stories. Little guy has two broken ribs and a pierced lung but if he can make the next 24 hours he should be okay.

jfc

I don't really blame you seeing as you probably didn't expect him to go in the bathroom and climb out the window, but you'll need to be careful about exactly what rooms he has access to and what's in those rooms. If you need to keep the bathroom window open for venting, you'll need to close the bathroom door all the time to prevent your cat from going in there whether you're home or not.

Same for preventing cats causing trouble; if you have a lot of open shelves in your kitchen with glasses your cat may knock to the floor, you should either keep access closed off to the cat or figure out a way to block off access to those shelves or relocate the glasses, etc.

Hope your cat hangs in there

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened :( A similar thing happened to one of my kittens Sophie. I had a window open slightly because it was a warm day and when I left the room I forgot to close it. A little while later I couldn't find where she was and went looking around and then noticed the window had been either pushed open further or blown open by the wind. It wasn't as high a fall as your cat had, and was from 3 stories, but she broke one of her front legs and had to have surgery to put pins in and 6 weeks of cage rest. She's fully recovered though now thankfully.. I'm also so pleased I have pet insurance for my little girls, because the vet costs for all her treatment came to around £2000 and I'd have really struggled to find so much money without insurance. I asked the vet what would happen if I didn't have pet insurance and couldn't afford it and he said her leg would likely have to be amputated because the break wouldn't have healed up without being pinned.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well for your kitty and wish him a speedy recovery!

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Thanks for all the kind words. Pants is currently stable and his breathing is a lot closer to normal. He still looks a bit of a bloody mess and his head is very swollen but, considering he's 4 months old, fell 5 stories and only broke two ribs, I think know he's going got to troop on other wise I'll have no friend with me in the house to hang out with.

Luckily He seemed a lot more active when we visited him before the vets closed and less blood coming out of his nose (which seemed to stop by the time we left) so hopefully when I visit him tomorrow morning he should be a little better and more in the clear. He's got his little compress on, his iv and a ice pack in his icu. I think I'm very lucky that the nearest vet here in china is more like a small pet hospital and actually competent. Hopefully he'll be home between either tomorrow evening and Saturday.

Thanks again for all your kind words. He is a stupid, curious, loveable, handsome little cat guy.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

Facepalm Ranger posted:

:words:

Thanks again for all your kind words. He is a stupid, curious, loveable, handsome little cat guy.

I think most cat's are like that at his age! I'm looking forward to reading tomorrow that he's stable and back home with you! :)

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
I have a two year old tuxedo cat that my wife and I are getting ready to move into a new home. We are moving from a small 2 bedroom apartment that he has lived in his whole life to a new, large home. The car ride is not an issue, he is great in the car.

Any advice or best practices to help minimize the stress on him?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Arnm616 posted:

I have a two year old tuxedo cat that my wife and I are getting ready to move into a new home. We are moving from a small 2 bedroom apartment that he has lived in his whole life to a new, large home. The car ride is not an issue, he is great in the car.

Any advice or best practices to help minimize the stress on him?

My boyfriend and I just moved in together, and we have 2 cats each. We boarded the cats at the vet for 48 hours while the movers brought boxes in and we unpacked everything. We brought the cats in straight to the bathroom overnight with familiar beds, toys, etc. All four were comfortable with the new place in under a week. In contrast, when my boyfriend moved and had the cats in carriers in the bathroom for the move, his cats never acclimated to the new place.

Yeah, boarding is stressful. But better to associate the stress with the vet than the new home.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
To whoever was talking about using pheromone collars just be aware that they aren't designed to break away so they pose a choking risk. Be careful with them. They're also of dubious efficiency so you might just want to stick to Feliway diffusers if you want to try a calming agent.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I cannot believe I am in a situation where I consider this to be a problem: my cat will not let me near her butt.
Stella is a little ball of extreme floof and apparently had some kind of poop situation at some point recently. There is what appears to be a little hard ball of fur and whatsit just below and to the side of her butt. I can't seem to do anything to remove it. She's wary of scissors, which after reading up on dealing with dingleberries, I wouldn't even risk using anyway due to cats having thin skin. Trimmers make her flip the gently caress out (she came into the county shelter with a lot of mats, and whoever trimmed her did a lovely job and gave her razor burns), so that's out the window too. I can sort of... brush at the thing for a bit before she gets annoyed, so I suppose I can just kind of gradually get it out, but it's not an ideal solution.

She has a vet appointment for a wellness exam this Saturday. Will they be able to do anything about it? I don't want her to have a gross poop-cocoon stuck to her forever. :ohdear:

How would I even prevent this in the future? Can I acclimate her to the trimmers so I can keep her fur back there at a reasonable length? Do they make trimmers specifically for cats?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cats have weird personalities. My current cat got the layout of my apartment and was comfortable with it in ten minutes flat, and doesn't really care if I have guests over, although she clearly hates sharing me with company.

My previous cat was a total ghost and put all its concentration into finding ingenious places to hide. It has tricked several people into thinking it somehow got out of whatever house it's in, and will stay hidden for hours after company has left.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
The vet will be able to safely remove it for you, and give her a bit of a sanitary clip. My cat also has butt floof and hates scissors, but guess what jerk bag hating scissors does not mean you get to be a daggy sheep - so he gets pegged and clipped at home. Not a particularly enjoyable experience and he's not interested in treats so its just another indignity he has to put up with.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Tamarillo posted:

E: I have decided The Black Plague will suffice.

Post pictures!

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

To whoever was talking about using pheromone collars just be aware that they aren't designed to break away so they pose a choking risk. Be careful with them. They're also of dubious efficiency so you might just want to stick to Feliway diffusers if you want to try a calming agent.

Actually, I think they are? The ones I would get would have like, a perforation of sorts on it. I would still keep mine loose enough to pull over the head, though.

Also, Facepalm Ranger, unfixed males are more likely to be trying to escape all the time than fixed ones, since they want to get out and spread their seed and stuff. At least, that's what I've seen. Just an FYI, though he's probably too young for that to have been a factor.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
My girlfriend and I took in two strays last night. We've been seeing them a bunch and they're pretty friendly so we thought we should take them in. Anyway now that they're in apartment they're totally freaked out and hiding under our bed. I think they've been there for close to 16 hours. We've left food on the other side of the room and they didn't touch it even when we were sleeping. So I put out some wet food now and changed the water in hopes of coaxing them out. I know they need to get used to their new home but I'm afraid of them starving. We're about to buy them some Feliway to see if it will chill them out some.

Pics of cats.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Somebody is on the mend!

az
Dec 2, 2005

I have a really strange issue with one of my cats feline diabetes that stumps even my vet, can I post about it here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

az posted:

I have a really strange issue with one of my cats feline diabetes that stumps even my vet, can I post about it here?

Can't really hurt to ask. There are some very knowledgeable people on this thread.