Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.

I said come in! posted:

PSN still won't let me download and maybe its based on region? It's 9:27pm here, but that's never been the case for U.S. releases I think. If a game releases midnight east coast then it releases everywhere at the same time for the U.S., so 9pm for west coast users.

For Wolfenstein I had to wait till Midnight CST, even though PSN told me that the game would be available Midnight EST (had to wait an extra hour). You may have to be waiting till Midnight your time man :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CousinKevin posted:

For Wolfenstein I had to wait till Midnight CST, even though PSN told me that the game would be available Midnight EST (had to wait an extra hour). You may have to be waiting till Midnight your time man :/

No, they always said midnight eastern. They were 20 minutes late but I'm downloading it in Vancouver.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

haunted bong posted:

Have you rebooted your system?

don't forget to power cycle your router

and unplug the phone line, leave it unplugged for 5 minutes before you plug it back in

:dance:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haunted bong posted:

Have you rebooted your system?

Yep, a couple times now. Oooh well, I guess I just need to keep being patient.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So got my code tried to activate it while the game was installing, said it was already in use proceeded to boot me off and now it says Uplay is down. :wtc:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The Watch_Dawgs code I got from Amazon when I bought my GeForce has to be redeemed on this Nvidia page, and I get this awesome screen after I fill out the form

:negative:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

don't forget to power cycle your router

and unplug the phone line, leave it unplugged for 5 minutes before you plug it back in

:dance:

Hell, for wolfenstein I had to "buy" the game again(there was no charge) before it would download. Psn is weird as gently caress

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Sedisp posted:

Yeah it wasn't showing up either, tried restarting Uplay to fix it didn't work. Deleted the "review" copy .exe and it sprang into existence.

Where in the world are you?

I never had the 'review' copy and still nothing showing up, and if i look at the email i got confirming the 'purchase' of the promo it says the release date is Fri 21st Nov 2013 instead of Tue 27th May 2014 like some people are seeing?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

Where in the world are you?

I never had the 'review' copy and still nothing showing up, and if i look at the email i got confirming the 'purchase' of the promo it says the release date is Fri 21st Nov 2013 instead of Tue 27th May 2014 like some people are seeing?

East coast US

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Sedisp posted:

East coast US

UK here, still not seeing anything. Well this sucks.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Game doesn't want to let me play it. I've crashed three times. Once in menu after I changed the display settings twice in game before I can even take control of Aiden. One crash was because of CPU Overtemp, so I figure I'll install the AC in my apartment tomorrow after work and clean ouyt my case for good measure. The second one was because my display driver crashed, HD 6870 series.

Welp, I'll try again tomorrow after taking some measures and updating all my drivers and everything.

Edit: Also, the game defaulted all my graphics to low, which tells me my 6870 might have run its course.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Still waiting on GMG to give me a CD Key so I can start downloading :sigh:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Sappo569 posted:

Yeah you do, I just got my email 5 minutes ago with the activation code (NVIDIA promo)

It just showed up in my games list, but still needs activation

Not me, mine downloaded and its playing now. Now further activation or codes required.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

PSN still won't let me download and maybe its based on region? It's 9:27pm here, but that's never been the case for U.S. releases I think. If a game releases midnight east coast then it releases everywhere at the same time for the U.S., so 9pm for west coast users.

I rebooted and resigned in a few times and got nothing. However, I went to the Bundles page, looked at the Gold bundle, went back to main Watch Dogs game page and "Download" appeared.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm toying with the ctOS app for mobile, and it's kinda neat.

Anyone who wants to uplay friend me, feel free. legitimateemail@gmail.com

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rod Munch posted:

I rebooted and resigned in a few times and got nothing. However, I went to the Bundles page, looked at the Gold bundle, went back to main Watch Dogs game page and "Download" appeared.

It's finally letting me download. I actually got it through the web browser, it showed up as free on the store page so I just bought it a second time but didnt pay for it of course.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So yeah awesome. I now am banned from my own account for 60 minutes since I tried to enter the code they gave me, three times over a period of ten minutes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

It's finally letting me download. I actually got it through the web browser, it showed up as free on the store page so I just bought it a second time but didnt pay for it of course.

Did it for me too, odd, I'll have to remember that little move.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

Still waiting on GMG to give me a CD Key so I can start downloading :sigh:

You'll be waiting a while. Almost 15 hours since it was released in Australia and no keys yet. Another 5 or so hours before their support gets back into the office as well.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just got home with my copy on the PS4. I'm assuming most people have seen all they needed to see from streams and stuff, but if there is anything specific you guys want me to look out for and report back on let me know.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ularg posted:

I just got home with my copy on the PS4. I'm assuming most people have seen all they needed to see from streams and stuff, but if there is anything specific you guys want me to look out for and report back on let me know.

How fast do you get into the open world, I haven't been paying a ton of attention so I don't know how long the tutorial poo poo is and how fast you can just start loving with towers and blowing up sewers and poo poo.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Played for an hour and had some fun. Game looks good, driving is kinda weird. Then it crashed so sleep time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How fast do you get into the open world, I haven't been paying a ton of attention so I don't know how long the tutorial poo poo is and how fast you can just start loving with towers and blowing up sewers and poo poo.

The tutorial is pretty short, just a couple missions. It forces you to do a few tutorials later in the game for new hacks and the online stuff, but it's not *too* invasive. All that is done after it opens up though.

That being said, the area you can play around in is limited by the plot in that you aren't jacked into a lot of the city at the start. So take that as you will.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
So yeah driving is a little "off" it's hard to explain. It doesn't remind me of GTA4 because the cars were fairly responsive in 4 they just kind of sloshed around like a waterbed. WD cars go back and forth crisply, but there's lag between when you press the button and when they decide to turn.

*edit* I changed the profile settings someone posted before and try it out later.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love how trippy the menu is. It's cutscene footage that is edited together using glitch and ascii art. Think of a youtube video buffering and leaving behind corrupted bits of the frame.

There is never a lot of people talking about options, especially in console games. Wanted to go over it for people who are interested.

There's four levels of difficulty. Easy, Normal, Hard and Realistic. Three levels of Aim Assist, Minimal, Default and Strong. Wish there was an off option but oh well. There are two interesting Online options. The first is Friendly Fire Decryption:

quote:

Friendly Fire Decryption is disabled by default when entering Online Decryption. If two or more fixers on the same team have FFD enabled they will risk injuring or killing one another - watch where you aim

The second is Adversarial Free Roam:

quote:

Adversarial Free Roam is disabled by default when entering Online Free Roam. If two or more players have AFR enabled they will see each other as enemies and can kill one another. If you disable AFR, other players will not be able to kill you.

You can also turn voice chat off, adjust volume and turn off Online Invasions. You can invert both X and Y axis (This is really important to me if default is 'stick right turns camera right'). You can change the Written and Spoken Language out of the box and on the fly between English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. Turn on or off Autoplay Music in Car, and there is a separate volume slider for Music, Songs, SFX and Voice, which is really nice.

I was hoping the 90mb day one patch would finish by the time I wrote this but oh well. I'm impatient and going to jump right in.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Well I didn't even complete the first mission before it stopped me to download/install the rest from 60%.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Why does the driving suck so bad? :/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is the Android app released yet, or will they release it after I finish and trade the game in like iFruit?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LegoMan posted:

So yeah driving is a little "off" it's hard to explain. It doesn't remind me of GTA4 because the cars were fairly responsive in 4 they just kind of sloshed around like a waterbed. WD cars go back and forth crisply, but there's lag between when you press the button and when they decide to turn.

*edit* I changed the profile settings someone posted before and try it out later.

Which page was the profile settings on?

I'll probably find myself changing it as well, once it gets installed

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So far I'm finding this game strangely evocative of the 90's...

As in: the last time I installed a brand new game that hard-crashed my system every time I ran it was sometime in the mid to late 90's.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Well I didn't even complete the first mission before it stopped me to download/install the rest from 60%.

Oh good, I was just having to wait for this and wondering how long it'd take. Time to wait for another ten percent.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Driving is so bad. Gonna have to hook up a 360 controller.

That being said, the game looks pretty good in 1440p/ultra resolution.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

Driving is so bad. Gonna have to hook up a 360 controller.

It's not helping me any. :/

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Dvlos posted:

steam thankfully allowed me to preload the game and now that it's midnight it's redownloading all 13gBs again.

Me too wtf.

It finished five minutes ago. Then another game updated. Now watch dogs is downloading another 200 mb or something.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Which page was the profile settings on?

I'll probably find myself changing it as well, once it gets installed

Can't remember who posted it, I just put it in a notepad for later

quote:

The PC version by default has crazy input lag with mouse and keyboard.
To fix this head over to My Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\<a bunch of numbers and letters that are your user id>\ and open GamerProfile in your text editor of choice. In the 9th line of the file, change Sensitivity="0.9" to Sensitivity="1.0" and Smoothness="1" to Smoothness="0" and it should fix it.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

hacked by chinese dedsec

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
PS4 update: Got to just after doing the first blackout in the tutorial, and the game paused and told me that it had to install more data (was at about 38%). It gives you the option of going back to the main menu but there's no installation progress tracker there or anything. And it doesn't seem to be showing up the PS4 system info, either. So, the only way I know how much longer I have to wait is to stare as this percentage increases at a snails place while the game (sound and all) runs in the background. Pretty weird setup, but I'm new to PS4 and this is my first digital purchase on the system, so maybe I just haven't' experienced this kind of thing yet.

edit: good to know it's not just me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^heh. I've downloaded every game on PS4 (10+) and never had this happen.

I managed to download it all by 10pm on PSN but right after the (super early minor spoiler) blackout as I was sprinting to the exit it stopped the game and is "installing" for what looks like hours.

Made a good first impression up to that point. Very Matrix-y intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
You can put memes on electronic billboards. 10/10 Game of the Year.

• Locked thread