Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I know this is an old post but just to let you know. When I went to the doctor to get checked they thought I was being foolish for suggesting my testosterone was low. I told them to order up a blood panel anyway, and the nurse practitioner was like "yeah ok if you say so." Three days later I get a call from the doctor saying, "You need to come in right now." The reason was because my levels were so low he thought, "Either your brains is full of tumors, your testicles are full of tumors, or you had mumps when you were a kid and it destroyed your ability to make testosterone. How do you feel?" What I'm saying is if you feel tired no matter how much rest you get and you're never down to gently caress, get a physical and blood work, because it doesn't hurt to know what your body is doing. Sorry for the derail.

lol so which was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Milky Moor posted:

no, no, i don't mean that. sure, they can be harder to identify visually, but all over the net it seems like there's more lonely young men who are opting to change their gender then there are young women. maybe it's confirmation bias but, i don't know, it just seems odd.

seriouspost: there is something very "off" about the trans phenomenon. too bad a proper dialogue or critical investigation cannot be done about it without the conductors being labelled as transphobic because quack psychiatrists happily recommend drug and hormone cocktails and chopping your dick off.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Milky Moor posted:

op, not to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but why does it seem like most trans individuals are male to female? shouldn't the divide be somewhat more even between mtf and ftm? i can't help but think it's somewhat like bronies - that is, a reaction by young men who aren't conventionally masculine and don't really know how to deal with it beyond embracing a strange view of feminity

The trans community focuses more on MtF because they have a harder time being accepted. FtM gracefully become men; MtF jump into things a lot quicker.

Also, its MUCH EASIER to go from female to male when it comes to hormone treatments. Testosterone is a hell of a thing and makes lasting changes. Whereas, estrogen and progesterones effects are less severe.

MtF have it easier when it comes to surgery though.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Prodigal T-REX posted:

lol so which was it

He said I was cognizant, so my brain was fine then he handled my balls like a bread maker kneading dough. So while we don't know for sure it's probably the mumps.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Also, straight men are a lot more particular about the provenance of their lover's junk. Women tend be more 'meh' about it.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I know this is an old post but just to let you know. When I went to the doctor to get checked they thought I was being foolish for suggesting my testosterone was low. I told them to order up a blood panel anyway, and the nurse practitioner was like "yeah ok if you say so." Three days later I get a call from the doctor saying, "You need to come in right now." The reason was because my levels were so low he thought, "Either your brains is full of tumors, your testicles are full of tumors, or you had mumps when you were a kid and it destroyed your ability to make testosterone. How do you feel?" What I'm saying is if you feel tired no matter how much rest you get and you're never down to gently caress, get a physical and blood work, because it doesn't hurt to know what your body is doing. Sorry for the derail.

Pituitary tumors/scarring can happen anytime. This is a very important reply actually.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fireless Phoenix posted:

i have yet to meet a balanced, well-adjusted troon IRL

you're replying to one now, I know thats not the same as meeting in person but take my word for it, she's as cool and collected as they come

a total dork yes, but that's just her personality

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

psyopmonkey posted:

The trans community focuses more on MtF because they have a harder time being accepted. FtM gracefully become men; MtF jump into things a lot quicker.

Also, its MUCH EASIER to go from female to male when it comes to hormone treatments. Testosterone is a hell of a thing and makes lasting changes. Whereas, estrogen and progesterones effects are less severe.

MtF have it easier when it comes to surgery though.

i get that. again, maybe it's my own personal experience coloring my view but i've met three people who've told they are mtf. i've never met a ftm. two of the mtf people i met were into dressing into, well, very stereotypically feminine clothes - lace, pink, bows. i'm going to come under flak for saying this but my initial thought was that it was a fetish.

like, is there a numerical disparity between the before-switch genders? is it something to do with biological development in the womb? have there been any reasons theorised for it (if that is the case)? i just can't help but think there's a big social aspect to it, that it's not just neural hardware. i know it's a bit 'nature of nurture' but has this sort of thing been investigated or talked about?

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

you're replying to one now, I know thats not the same as meeting in person but take my word for it, she's as cool and collected as they come

a total dork yes, but that's just her personality

just to clarify: when i say "balanced, or "well-adjusted", I don't mean that these people aren't nice. they are - I've been fortunate enough to not meet a tumblrina yet; the troons i know irl are generally sweet and harmless. they're also batshit insane, have wrecked relationships with their extended familes (siblings, cousins, etc) and all fail at their (lovely) jobs. also have financial issues among other things.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Milky Moor posted:

i get that. again, maybe it's my own personal experience coloring my view but i've met three people who've told they are mtf. i've never met a ftm. two of the mtf people i met were into dressing into, well, very stereotypically feminine clothes - lace, pink, bows. i'm going to come under flak for saying this but my initial thought was that it was a fetish.

like, is there a numerical disparity between the before-switch genders? is it something to do with biological development in the womb? have there been any reasons theorised for it (if that is the case)? i just can't help but think there's a big social aspect to it, that it's not just neural hardware. i know it's a bit 'nature of nurture' but has this sort of thing been investigated or talked about?

I totally wish I had answers for your questions. Maybe someone else has the answers?

As for the bows and lace bullshit. Thats dumb.

Skirts suck, lace sucks, bows are dumb, makeup is annoying.

I cant stand transchicks that "overdo it". Most of them dont pass as it is. And, why draw more attention to yourself?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fireless Phoenix posted:

they're also batshit insane, have wrecked relationships with their extended familes (siblings, cousins, etc) and all fail at their (lovely) jobs. also have financial issues among other things.

interestingly enough, none of these things apply to the OP

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

interestingly enough, none of these things apply to the OP

that's awesome but didnt the op say her relationship with his parents is strained

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fireless Phoenix posted:

that's awesome but didnt the op say her relationship with his parents is strained

Nah, we just dont talk. Its easier that way.

Why is family so important? I know a lot of people from my military time who were the same way with their family.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

Why is family so important?

lol

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

psyopmonkey posted:

I totally wish I had answers for your questions. Maybe someone else has the answers?

As for the bows and lace bullshit. Thats dumb.

Skirts suck, lace sucks, bows are dumb, makeup is annoying.

I cant stand transchicks that "overdo it". Most of them dont pass as it is. And, why draw more attention to yourself?

thanks for answering them, though. as someone who deals with his own mental bullshit, it's nice to not be accused of being transphobic for just being curious. :)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i thought i needed to go in and have my hormone levels checked, but it turns out you just make my pussy dry

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fireless Phoenix posted:

Oh, come on.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
bows and lace bullshit sounds like overcompensation after a lifetime of finally accepting yourself so you go all out

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fireless Phoenix posted:

you loving moron

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

psyopmonkey posted:

Lets get this bucket of poo poo goin'!

Maybe we can dispel some mysteries too.

No, im not going to kill myself.

No, im not going to discuss what kinda gear I have in my crotch'al region.

why don't you use the right forum for this?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Apparition posted:

why don't you use the right forum for this?

I didn't think goons in platoons would like it very much.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

psyopmonkey posted:

I didn't think goons in platoons would like it very much.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what is plape

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

rudatron posted:

what is plape

Some apes love.

Other apes are just friends.

Platonic apes.

Plapes.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

if you're platonic and a goon does that make you a ploon

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

psyopmonkey posted:

Some apes love.

Other apes are just friends.

Platonic apes.

Plapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jtU9BbReQk

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

ThePutty posted:

if you're platonic and a goon does that make you a ploon

Nah, Youre a poon.

The thing youll never get.

:iceburn:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
fyi estrogen owns

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Amused to Death posted:

fyi estrogen owns

Progesterone is better. It does all the cool stuff.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

psyopmonkey posted:

how much good is it going to do without the estrogen though? hmmm? I stand by my statement :colbert:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

psyopmonkey posted:

Such as?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Amused to Death posted:

how much good is it going to do without the estrogen though? hmmm? I stand by my statement :colbert:

Yea, your right. Estrogen is very important too.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Sabel posted:

Such as?

it's what makes you finally start pooping rainbows

also makes your boobs fuller going by what others have said

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Such as?

Its made me a tad more curvy and made my face more feminine. Also boobs...

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

you loving moron

wow, rude

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Scenario: Effects of catastrophic climate change begin to appear earlier than predicted and the model of international interdependence collapses under the strain. The populace goes into panic mode as problems get more severe and solutions seem less realistic. How important is having a vagina that can't keep itself clean?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Why do you personally view having no sex drive as a positive thing?

Why does that make you happier?

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

Nah, Youre a poon.

The thing youll never get.

:iceburn:

:master:

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
Why haven't you tried harder to enjoy anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

quote:

They'd trap a prey animal - a gazelle, wildebeest or impala - and paint a white X on its flank and then release it back into the herd. The other animals in the group would keep their distance from the marked animal.

Not only that, but when predators like lions, cheetahs, leopards or hyenas approached, they went straight for the marked subject every time. Painting the animal ensured it would be killed. The X was a death warrant.

• Locked thread