Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

TheSpiritFox posted:

Ok I'm in the open world and it's telling me to look for crimes and I still have the loving water lens filter thing on. It's incredibly obnoxious outside during the day, is there any way to straight turn it off?

I definitely fixed it somehow - I think I toggled motion blur and restarted the game after doing that mission, maybe that did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Game wouldn't run on my windows 7 system because "Requires windows vista service pack 1 or greater". So, I compatibility mode down to windows service pack 1 and it loads. But that's a really weird bug.

I'm getting a lot of audio lag. The game runs fine, and the opening cutscene was fine, but right at the start of the conversation with maurice, and everything after, the audio is behind what is going on in the scene, and has this wierd crackling to it. Anyone else experience this / have a fix?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Generic Monk posted:

I definitely fixed it somehow - I think I toggled motion blur and restarted the game after doing that mission, maybe that did it.

Oh holy loving GOD. I toggled it off, and yeah that fixed it. Toggled it back on and it went completely apeshit. Motion blur seems hosed for me. That's goddamn retarded.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yeah, I'm not totally digging the driving. Sometimes it works out just fine. Other times, even in expensive cars, it just feels like it wants to spin out every turn, no matter how slight. The camera sort of fights you, too. It tries to auto center behind the car facing forward, but if I do a quick enough 180 it tries to autocenter front facing back instead.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

TheSpiritFox posted:

Oh holy loving GOD. I toggled it off, and yeah that fixed it. Toggled it back on and it went completely apeshit. Motion blur seems hosed for me. That's goddamn retarded.

If it's any consolation I just booted up the game fiddle with the settings a bit more to try and stop it from running quite so much like melting garbage and turning on MSAA left me with a massive static translucent artifact over the whole screen (could have been this in the opening level and I just mistook it for a rain on lens effect because of the dark environment). This game's settings are hosed.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

Deviant posted:

I'm toying with the ctOS app for mobile, and it's kinda neat.

Anyone who wants to uplay friend me, feel free. legitimateemail@gmail.com

Where did you download it from, I can't find a link on the blog that works or searching on app store (Android here)

Edit: Found it, for Android anyway: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.watchdogs.ctos

GhostSeven fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 27, 2014

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Ularg posted:

Yeah, I'm not totally digging the driving. Sometimes it works out just fine. Other times, even in expensive cars, it just feels like it wants to spin out every turn, no matter how slight. The camera sort of fights you, too. It tries to auto center behind the car facing forward, but if I do a quick enough 180 it tries to autocenter front facing back instead.

Yeah the high end sports cars handle like ice on a frozen road. The every day commuter cars handle fine though. It's kinda funny that you can outrun Ferraris in a Honda because the Hondas are so much easier to control.

Is there an easy way to do the convoy missions where you have to take down the targets(can't kill them)? The only way I've managed so far is slowly take out their henchmen one by one and then evade detection so I can sneak up and melee the targets. It's incredibly hard even on normal difficulty. xD

Gamesguy fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 27, 2014

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
My SLI'd 670 desktop hitches unbearably whenever textures load in, regardless of detail level. Laptop running a single 780m seems to run everything perfect with everything in ultra though, so I guess I can live with it for now.

So far I've found the hacking invasions to be hilariously one sided. The final 25% area is so small it's super easy to spot the invader.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Gamesguy posted:

Yeah the high end sports cars handle like ice on a frozen road.

The every day commuter cars handle fine though. It's kinda funny that you can outrun Ferraris in a Honda because the Hondas are so much easier to control.

I just tried a fixer contract. Get rid of a stolen car or something, a high end sports car. Five minute chase and I could not for the life of me shake the cops at all because of how lovely the cars handle and how well the cops stick to you.

The gently caress do I do besides just ignore the mission?

:Edit:

Yeah the driving is objectively completely terrible. Worse than GTA4, we were not lied to.

:Edit2:

Ok look behind me, hack, turn corner. That wasn't so hard even in the land boat on ice that is this ferrari wannabe.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 27, 2014

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Graphics and overall gameplay are decent. Driving and story are absolute poo poo.

Even the nimblest cars feel you like are driving a garbage truck equipped with bicycle tires. And I utterly did not care about the story from the opening sequence. So much so that it goes beyond bad and distracting to just something you ignore in its entirety.

Don't pay full price for this.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I had the weirdest loving thing happen during a 1v1 hacking. This guy is an idiot running around doing nothing and not finding me. He finally does and I book it, he's on foot (I can see him on the minimap) and I grab a car and start making it to the edge of the circle. He's still a block behind me on the other side of the building, then "Target can see you!" and I just get one shot out of my car without any gunshots or explosions. My car just starts sailing forward.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just spent a few hours with a friend's PS4 copy, and the people comparing it to rear end Creed 1, for good and ill, are right on the money.

This is a deeply flawed game that drives like poo poo, has uninteresting writing, and mostly treads water as it pertains to things like combat. It feels more spartan than it should in every way, down to the available customization for the player character. Despite that, it's fun to tool around in, has an appealing premise, and is full of potential. People who really like open-world games and the hacking concept or are craving a new game with Dark Souls multiplayer will find things to enjoy about it. Whether it's worth $60 depends on how much you care about those things. Watch Dogs 2 is probably going to be swell.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Are physics in this game really so bad that you can't dick around like you would in other open world games because you just drop through the map?

http://a.pomf.se/epwhqo.webm

http://a.pomf.se/cawqpj.webm

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
This is the worst driving i have experienced in a PC game since Saints Row 2, and I'm even playing it with a 360 controller. How on earth did such a major part of the game end up sucking so incredibly much?

It's not even just how the vehicles handle (poorly), the damage model might as well be non-existent, and looks incerdibly embarassing next to something like GTA V, and every pedestrian seems to have minus faith in your ability to stay on the road, and seems to panic over absolutely nothing.

Strangely, the bike seems to be what's most comfortable to drive, but also looks dumb as hell since Aidan's rear end is glued to the back of the bike, in accidents where he ought to spend several of the next few seconds airborne.

Add that to the graphics being dated, the controls in general feeling slippery and the incredibly uninspired and non-interactable open world, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this game at full price. It's decent fun, but hell no if it's $60 worth of fun.

Palpek posted:

Are physics in this game really so bad

I've only fallen through the world once in the 5ish hours I've put in, but in general, yes.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 27, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I don't mind the driving controls as much as the lack of a good camera angle. The pulled back one is too pulled back.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Palpek posted:

Are physics in this game really so bad that you can't dick around like you would in other open world games because you just drop through the map?

We played it for like four hours and didn't drop through the map or anything game-breaking once, the second video appears to be "this is an open world physics game" stuff to me idk

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is the worst driving i have experienced in a PC game since Saints Row 2

Yeah it is real not good.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
So has anyone been able to successfully download this from Origin? I pre-ordered over a month ago and am still locked out.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I haven't dropped through the map yet, been playing for about five hours and only managed to do like three story missions. I've been doing side missions, crimes and side activities. It's really easy to get a ton of money in this game. But I guess it doesn't matter until I get my hands on the Vector SMG. And to compare, it took me three hours before I fell through the map in Watch Dogs.

And yeah, I feel like there has to be a driving skill to make cars handle better. Either that or this is why Ubisoft hasn't done an assassins creed with cars in it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Giant Bomb posted a Quick Look: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-watch-dogs/2300-8923/

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I personally haven't had much problem with the driving, what are people comparing it to?
Also, I haven't fallen through the geography yet, but I did see a car clip into a building and explode.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Played for a couple of hours, first impressions are driving is hosed, game is fun.

Graphics on all Ultra except anti aliasing, and getting good fps (probably 30++ not sure though), and everything looks amazing close up, but far away things looks terrible (like a PS 3 game).

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Yeah, I haven't had any problems with driving either. Is this some poo poo fixed in the day 1 PS4 patch that hasn't made it to PC, or what?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Murodese posted:

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with driving either. Is this some poo poo fixed in the day 1 PS4 patch that hasn't made it to PC, or what?

No, the driving is fine for me on PC, with keyboard and mouse or controller.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Murodese posted:

Driving's fine for me, using a controller on PC.

Don't know where the hate is coming from.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah using a 360 controller on PC it takes a few seconds to get used to a new car, but otherwise all the various sedan and sports cars I've tried are perfectly fine.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Man, I really want Vsync on because the tearing is pretty nasty otherwise, but my 770GTX doesn't seem to want to with everything up on ultra, which is a bit unpleasant.

I guess I'm shooting for 60 over the consoles 30. I could lock Vsync to 30 in the options for console parity I guess?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I played with both a controller and keyboard and mouse and vastly prefer keyboard and mouse. Driving I find much easier with keyboard than with a controller. Not to mention all the TPS sections having mouse aim just feels a lot better.

Spoilers for one of the investigation series of side missions (weapon crates) unlocked the 10th and final mission where I need to go and kill some fixers in industrial area and then you get a few waves of backup coming to kill you. The final wave had 4 loving enforcers at once. Glad I had a death rifle

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Can you switch between controller and KB/M on the fly?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Can you switch between controller and KB/M on the fly?

Yes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Just spent a few hours with a friend's PS4 copy, and the people comparing it to rear end Creed 1, for good and ill, are right on the money.

This is a deeply flawed game that drives like poo poo, has uninteresting writing, and mostly treads water as it pertains to things like combat. It feels more spartan than it should in every way, down to the available customization for the player character. Despite that, it's fun to tool around in, has an appealing premise, and is full of potential. People who really like open-world games and the hacking concept or are craving a new game with Dark Souls multiplayer will find things to enjoy about it. Whether it's worth $60 depends on how much you care about those things. Watch Dogs 2 is probably going to be swell.

I think while it has a lot of the same problems as AC1, it's still better than AC1 because they've added a lot of content and side missions.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

ShineDog posted:

Man, I really want Vsync on because the tearing is pretty nasty otherwise, but my 770GTX doesn't seem to want to with everything up on ultra, which is a bit unpleasant.

Download EVGA precision and use their target framerate option. It works just as well as vsync without any of issues associated with it. Also update your drivers.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Driving's fine for me, using a controller on PC.

Don't know where the hate is coming from.

I think I figured it out. The vehicles have a handling stat and some of them have really lovely handling stats. This stat actually heavily affects how they drive.

Of the super cars the lambo drives pretty good, while the ferrari is an ice boat.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The best part about WatchUnderscoreDogs really has nothing to do with the game itself, and more with reading all the struggles PC gamers are enduring just trying to get it to run properly. I have a pretty old i7 (a 960 3.2GHz stock settings), along with a pair of 780s, and I don't even feel like risking a digital purchase of the PC version, much less a physical copy. Most retailers around here don't let you return or exchange physical copies of PC games once they're opened for anything but the same game afaik. At least I can exchange the console version for something else.

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

What's the wiggly line in the bottom left above the battery icon for?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm sorry y'all but this is basically 12/10 game of the loving decade.

I'm sneaking into a place and profile a guy and it says "Killed a Dolphin". I use the distract option and it makes his phone play high pitched angry loud dolphin sounds and he freaks the gently caress out and I sneak past him.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I'm surprised I've not seen it mentioned that one of the profiles for someone is "Curious about yiffing" and there's even a distraction option for it as well. :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Tracula posted:

I'm surprised I've not seen it mentioned that one of the profiles for someone is "Curious about yiffing" and there's even a distraction option for it as well. :v:

What was the distraction?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

hopterque posted:

I'm sorry y'all but this is basically 12/10 game of the loving decade.

I'm sneaking into a place and profile a guy and it says "Killed a Dolphin". I use the distract option and it makes his phone play high pitched angry loud dolphin sounds and he freaks the gently caress out and I sneak past him.

Yeah I'm halfway between this and the irritation.

It's not worth 60 bucks. It's bad mechanics in a mediocre world interspersed with poo poo that makes me crack up laughing. The writing is absolutely terrible. I mean, seriously loving terrible. I just hacked into someone's apartment to watch the absolutely predictable "I love you!" "Oh you're like a brother to me I could never ruin what we have" "Oh yeah that's what I meant" dialogue that's a complete vomit of cliche'.

Really, that's the best single line description I can come up with. It's a vomit of gimmick and cliche. And yet I just listened to a conversation between two guys talking about how one of them had to pee during sex and he couldn't cum and he didn't know what to do about it and had to make an awkward exit to take the longest piss of his life and I actually just stopped and listened because it seems so oddly specific that I wonder which member of the design team had that happen to him.

I know that it has to be a real story because the rest of the writing is so unoriginal that it has to be cribbed from someone's real life.

Also the Ant Tank is awesome.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

daveline posted:

What's the wiggly line in the bottom left above the battery icon for?

Focus (slow time down) bar. The more "squares" on the line, the more you can use focus.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tracula posted:

Memes, exaggerated E3 demos, and now furries. This game is truly a goon's greatest nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.
Can we get a separate console thread?

• Locked thread