Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Ambitious Spider posted:

I've seen this posted. I'm honestly not sure if it's fitting or not.

I laughed.

Not a joke!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Edit - woops.

FrozenVent has a new favorite as of 16:46 on May 27, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to believe this is fake.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Nope! Good news is that he's never done anything but chair an election commission, so he's just some random piece of poo poo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How would they know where you'll stop? Or when exactly you're going to look in the mirror? If you have to reverse out of your parking space you're approaching the car from behind, surely you'd spot it right then?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
A man from Pakistan, though a U.S. citizen for ten years, was shot in front of his family while in Pakistan for being of a different faith. Most of the comments on the article stub are as disheartening as the actual report.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140526_gunmen_kill_us_doctor_in_front_of_family_pakistan.html?1i

quote:

And we continue to help these Pigs!
3 likes

quote:

Religious zealot savagery.
1 like

quote:

We better continue war till they agree that we human beings...

And this amazingly articulate reply

quote:

KILL THEM ALL

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Cleretic posted:

It's actually pretty typical, if AusPol's efforts to remove extremely racist pages against indigenous Australians are to be believed. They'll always say no initially, but concede the point and take down the page after a while.

One time I got an anti-Semitic comment removed on the first try! Good luck with sexist/racist/anti-indigenous stuff though.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
These things are always a bit silly, but this guy lives in the same city I do... Toronto. Not exactly a challenge.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

One time I got an anti-Semitic comment removed on the first try! Good luck with sexist/racist/anti-indigenous stuff though.

Hey, when 'Mark Zuckerberg' is a black woman's name, THEN those things will matter :smug:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

These things are always a bit silly, but this guy lives in the same city I do... Toronto. Not exactly a challenge.

I get the feeling they might be posting this facetiously.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

New York City, Boston, Houston... how do you manage to make an image macro so thoroughly pointless?

^^^ gently caress, it's me, I'm the dumbass

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Inco posted:

I get the feeling they might be posting this facetiously.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I should make one along the lines of "Name a continent with the letter 'a' in it! 96% of people can't!"

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Dandy Shrew posted:

This is really just driving all the MRAs out of the woodwork, isn't it?

Does this guy think the married hijackers with kids were actually secretly virgins because that has got to be the weirdest 9/11 conspiracy theory yet :psyduck:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think what it really means is "I bet you will comment on this ;)" instead of "I bet you can't ;)"

Seriously, it only exists so idiots will think they're smart enough to name the most populous city in the United States will kneejerk post a comment and thus spread the influence of POWER 95POINT3 for 8 months or longer.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Does this guy think the married hijackers with kids were actually secretly virgins because that has got to be the weirdest 9/11 conspiracy theory yet :psyduck:

I'm guessing he's going off of the whole "die in the service of Allah and you will end up in heaven with forty virgins to serve you" thing.

Perhaps he thinks the only people who would be motivated by something like that were people who couldn't get a woman in real life?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

http://shittheuniversesays.tumblr.com/ is really good

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh yes, he's a real sweetheart (who loves his guns and gets super worked up over dumb poo poo):

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Amused to Death posted:

Then again the person on your feed actually uses the world egalitarian so lmao good luck ever knocking sense into that guy.

Are you kidding? Is egalitarian yet another perfectly cromulent word that's been ruined by the "types" of people who overuse it on the internet? It was fine when they took ephebophile because who ever uses that anyway, but egalitarian is a nice word.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Lazy_Liberal posted:

:tinfoil:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ragequit posted:

Oh yes, he's a real sweetheart (who loves his guns and gets super worked up over dumb poo poo):

Do people not know that this poo poo is public? This is a grown man. This reads like he was 3 or 4 scotches in, bragging to his buddies.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

He is still going, either he is hacked, its fake or he is the dumbest person alive.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ragequit posted:

Wow, what a complete and total sack of poo poo. However, that last one? That's gotta be fake. Even the Tea Party doesn't talk about "mastadonic wangs".

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Want to know why the world is hosed up? Audio books.

Also Braille is not a thing.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
I've never had one of these but here's a gem. The OP is a friend, the crazy guy graduated high school with us but I didn't know him.

InstantInfidel has a new favorite as of 19:39 on May 27, 2014

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^ His name is on the photos.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
poo poo, let me fix that.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Want to know why the world is hosed up? Audio books.

In my experience/findings of talking about the subject with people, it seems there are different ways that people experience audio books, and for one group of people, of which I am a member, that find it utterly impossible to fully absorb the story or characters via audio, it just isn't as deep as reading the words ourselves.

So I can see why someone would say that it promotes illiteracy, if you were a member of that group, and didn't realise that not everyone experiences audio books that way.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Posted this one on the SA Facebook group. Such a great argument right?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ragequit posted:

I would vote for a politician who publicly told someone to lick his taint in a heartbeat.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

Posted this one on the SA Facebook group. Such a great argument right?

You're right. Disarm the military.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Yes, no doubt prostitutes are a staple of his travelling itinerary.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Obama came out today. Said he was ending the war. Check your Facebook's I bet someone has a good opinion about it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

davebo posted:

Are you kidding? Is egalitarian yet another perfectly cromulent word that's been ruined by the "types" of people who overuse it on the internet? It was fine when they took ephebophile because who ever uses that anyway, but egalitarian is a nice word.

"Egalitarian" now means that feminism is discriminatory against men because of that _femin_ part and we need to focus on women's discrimination against men, like how men are unfairly seen as inferior caregivers and don't have an equivalent to ~ladies' nights~

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 21:19 on May 27, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Chances are that if you have to say "maybe", perhaps there are other reasons for being single. One of them could be posting anime on your Facebook wall non-stop.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

trapped mouse posted:

for being single.

No,no no. It's being a single. Whatever that means.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

trapped mouse posted:

Chances are that if you have to say "maybe", perhaps there are other reasons for being single. One of them could be posting anime on your Facebook wall non-stop.

Why is he wiping his nose with his palm while saying that, gross dude, get a tissue

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Deserves, you guys. Deserves.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

It's loving amazing how many assholes think this guy is a hero, especially considering he just targeted the "hottest sorority on campus". These girls probably didn't have ANY idea who this kid was.

What a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

trapped mouse posted:

This is extra creepy after all of the Elliot Rodger stuff.

quote:

In my experience/findings of talking about the subject with people, it seems there are different ways that people experience audio books, and for one group of people, of which I am a member, that find it utterly impossible to fully absorb the story or characters via audio, it just isn't as deep as reading the words ourselves.

So I can see why someone would say that it promotes illiteracy, if you were a member of that group, and didn't realise that not everyone experiences audio books that way.
I find audiobooks quite different from reading - an audiobook takes waaay longer to listen to than the corresponding text, but can be listened to in places you otherwise couldn't read a book - at the gym, or on a long road trip. Really, they just fit into different niches. You also have to be able to pay particular attention to the audiobook - like you say, its hard to absorb the story and it isn't like you can easily re-read a sentence or paragraph.

• Locked thread