Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Right, so does anyone want to tell me how this runs for them? I am interested in seeing if any issues were on my side, my friends side who helped me test it, or Twitch's. I have a mic, and two screens, so I will see anything posted in chat just fine, so if you come on to help me test, say hi when you get in.

http://www.twitch.tv/saanotherperson

Playing One Way Heroics, fwiw

Bad 80s music too

e; much thanks to Doseku and Major_JF for the help, everything now seems to be in order for proper streaming. Just gotta sort out a recording solution for if I ever decide to archive what I stream, and everything is good.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I picked up FRAPS yesterday and I'm tinkering with it a bit. I'm using it to record a Genesis game because the built-in recorder on Kega Fusion sucks moose balls.

I think I've mostly got a handle on it, except for one detail:

How do I get it to not put that ugly 60 fps or whatever in the top left corner? I figured out how to get the emulator to not display the frame rate in the bottom left, but the FRAPS frame rate is still there.

Oh, and here are my settings. I followed the guide in the OP but my version of FRAPS has a few extra check boxes and I want to make sure I'm doing it right:

Mostly I'm wondering what the "Force lossles RGB capture" will do. Doesn't FRAPS record lossless video anyway?

My computer is a beast and can handle whatever I throw at it, so feel free to suggest anything that would make videos look and/or sound better.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Silver Falcon posted:

I picked up FRAPS yesterday and I'm tinkering with it a bit. I'm using it to record a Genesis game because the built-in recorder on Kega Fusion sucks moose balls.

I think I've mostly got a handle on it, except for one detail:

How do I get it to not put that ugly 60 fps or whatever in the top left corner?

That isn't a setting in the recording tab. It's a setting in the fps tab. There should be something that says where the frame rate counter should be or something like that. One of the options should be to just not display it.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
There is an option under 99 fps that allows you to change the location of the framerate indicator or hide it entirely.

I assume forceloss rgb is supposed to improve video quality but at the cost of performance and it will also increase your video size substantially.

You don't really need that option.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Mostly I'm wondering what the "Force lossles RGB capture" will do. Doesn't FRAPS record lossless video anyway?

FRAPS by default records in its own native codec, which isn't completely lossless because it stores the movie in YUV color space for better compression, which neccessitates conversion from its original RGB color space. If you absolutely need to have a pixel perfect recording (you don't), then you can instead capture the raw RGB values, which also means that your video will be larger.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

HenryEx posted:

If you absolutely need to have a pixel perfect recording (you don't), then you can instead capture the raw RGB values, which also means that your video will be larger.

Actually you do, if you're recording at 1x on an old small-resolution sprite-based game. You'll end up with really ugly bleeding across the whole image otherwise.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh I see. That's what the "overlay corner" does! That makes sense.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Actually you do, if you're recording at 1x on an old small-resolution sprite-based game. You'll end up with really ugly bleeding across the whole image otherwise.

I think the emulator is displaying at 2x, and I have sampling turned off. I think it looks pretty ok. An hour or so of recording just now came to about 20 gigs, so I really don't think I need these files to be any larger... yeesh. I mean... I suppose it doesn't matter. I have more than 400 gigs free on the thing. (Yay for 2TB hard drives :toot:)

Do you think a Genesis game running at 2x needs to be recorded at RGB lossless?

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh I see. That's what the "overlay corner" does! That makes sense.

The fps number also isn't visible in the recorded video. Your Media Player screenshot shows the fraps fps counter because you have fraps running and it is able to record your media player.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Does anyone know why OBS will display input from a SNES and GCN over a Hauppauge USB-Live2 but won't display input from an N64? All three consoles were testing using the same cable (same two cables actually, a standard composite and an s-video) Audio is transmitting fine

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Last night we recorded ourselves talking over video games and the outcome wasn't stellar. Once I started the actual game recording my audio went fairly staicy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbyzrhrt2pj9jhr/DARKpart1.mp3 - for reference. It starts about 1-2 minutes in the actual audio file. I REALLY want to save this audio. Is there anyway I can wizard this to not crappy sounding?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So I have a question regarding subtitles. I need to add them to a video, which I can do no problem. The thing is, I'd like to have them fade in and out, and I don't know how (or even if) I can do that in Avisynth. Is it possible, or do I need to use a program like Aegisub to get all fancy?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Zain posted:

Last night we recorded ourselves talking over video games and the outcome wasn't stellar. Once I started the actual game recording my audio went fairly staicy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbyzrhrt2pj9jhr/DARKpart1.mp3 - for reference. It starts about 1-2 minutes in the actual audio file. I REALLY want to save this audio. Is there anyway I can wizard this to not crappy sounding?

I'm not sure if that's fixable. If you *really* want to save it you could just rerecord yourself, you do have a reference of how you actually sounded at the time after all, but that's probably quite a bit of work.

Though I'm not very well versed in audio editing, maybe wait if someone else has an idea.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Artix posted:

So I have a question regarding subtitles. I need to add them to a video, which I can do no problem. The thing is, I'd like to have them fade in and out, and I don't know how (or even if) I can do that in Avisynth. Is it possible, or do I need to use a program like Aegisub to get all fancy?

Create a clip with and keep the one without the subtitles and Dissolve between them. That's probably easy to adapt into a custom function, in fact.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Artix posted:

If you mean you're using the Subtitle() filter in Avisynth, then yes it is sort-of possible to make them fade in and out, but it will involve rendering the subtitles to a separate clip with transparent background, doing some fading on that, and then overlay that clip onto the main video. You could of course wrap that in a function to do everything, but it's not very nice and will probably slow down encoding speed measurably.
fe: ^^ or what he said

When you get used to a workflow with Aegisub and .rear end subtitles you can do it quite easily, just by inserting the \fad tag in a line. (But beware that it tends to look really ugly if you have a shadow on the text, so don't use \fad with text that has shadow.) To add text subtitles to your video in Avisynth you should get a recent VSFilter.dll (from e.g. the MPC-HC project), load it as an Avisynth plugin, and then use the TextSub(subtitle_file_name) filter.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I've also had success with fading text using Animate to transition from a color with 255 alpha to the same color with 0 alpha, or vice versa. It's a bit more work, but I think it would render more quickly, if that matters - dissolves are pretty slow.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm not really concerned with rendering time or anything, my major concern is "Is it enough work that I would be better off just learning Aegisub instead?" and so far that appears to be a no.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I have a question regarding encoding. My original video is recorded with FRAPS and I am encoding to x264vfw - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC using Virtual Dub and the settings in this guide. I am using the settings described in text (Ratefactor 16), the guide's screenshot has a couple additional "extra commands" and I am not sure if they apply. My starting file is 6.59GB and the encoded file is 495MB. I loaded up both files (one in MPC and one in VLC) and I noticed that there is some significant loss of contrast and a color shift between the two videos. I just wanted to know if this is to be expected when compressing?

I am new to encoding and I just wanted to take some video of a graphics mod for the game, but obviously I cannot make a good comparison if the encoding messes up the colors and contrast of the video. I also do not have infinite harddrive space and my collection of clips right now is taking up 150GB, so I would like to compress them all asap.

Left is a screen capture of the uncompressed footage in VLC
Right is a screen capture of the h264 compressed footage in MPC
The left wall, the shadows between the horse's front legs, and the flame carried by the rider are all places to look.

Thanks for any help on this.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 27, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

It's a colorspace issue. See here: http://jellyflower.github.io/blog/2012/08/02/fraps-video-too-dark-how-to-decode-fraps-video-correctly/

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Thanks. I will try that later. I was trying to escape having to use AVIsynth but I guess it's just too useful.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
So, I'm faffing around with recording PS2 games from pscx2, trying to make a handful of games look as good as possible. One of the big ones here is Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. here is my first attempt video. It looks pretty good, and it is never going to look completely crisp and clean because that's just not how Tenchu looks. But there's a number of points where interlacing is really noticeable and I'd like to solve that if I could.

I'm using Gsdx 5875 for my video plugin at DX11 hardware, auto interlacing. PS2 internal resolution is at either 2x native or 1280x720 (it looks and records identically either way, so it's currently sort of at however the mood takes me at the time). Texture filtering is also partially on (filled box, as opposed to checked box). I've tried screwing around with that setting and only noticed a difference when it's totally off, at which point things look shittier.

I've attempted to turn interlacing off, but it makes the screen shake as though there's an earthquake going on. It's super distracting when playing even though Youtube can help me fix it on upload. All the non-auto interlacing settings make it look like a fuzzy load of crap.

Is there a better video plugin, or a setting in here, that I am overlooking?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I'm not sure if that's fixable. If you *really* want to save it you could just rerecord yourself, you do have a reference of how you actually sounded at the time after all, but that's probably quite a bit of work.

Though I'm not very well versed in audio editing, maybe wait if someone else has an idea.

That's a bit depressing to hear, but might be the only recourse. :( Oh well, I might have to wait for a bit before doing these things.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Aside from skipping through the interlace options with F5 while the game's running to see if there's a difference? Probably not. There's a homebrew program that could attempt to force progressive scan, which might work on the game. You'd have to boot the ELF for the program, then hope that PCSX2 will let it switch to the DVD-ROM. It should. If not you might be able to get an ISO version of the program, or make one yourself, and "swap disc" as it were.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

turtlecrunch posted:

I have a question regarding encoding. My original video is recorded with FRAPS and I am encoding to x264vfw - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC using Virtual Dub and the settings in this guide. I am using the settings described in text (Ratefactor 16), the guide's screenshot has a couple additional "extra commands" and I am not sure if they apply. My starting file is 6.59GB and the encoded file is 495MB. I loaded up both files (one in MPC and one in VLC) and I noticed that there is some significant loss of contrast and a color shift between the two videos. I just wanted to know if this is to be expected when compressing?

I am new to encoding and I just wanted to take some video of a graphics mod for the game, but obviously I cannot make a good comparison if the encoding messes up the colors and contrast of the video. I also do not have infinite harddrive space and my collection of clips right now is taking up 150GB, so I would like to compress them all asap.

Left is a screen capture of the uncompressed footage in VLC
Right is a screen capture of the h264 compressed footage in MPC
The left wall, the shadows between the horse's front legs, and the flame carried by the rider are all places to look.

Thanks for any help on this.

After a couple hours of tinkering, I successfully encoded one of the videos with the colorspace correction codes with AviSynth and MeGUI. It looks much better now, just a little contrast loss. I used the MeGUI settings from the tutorial in the OP so thank you for that.
I have a couple more questions though...

Say I have this avisynth script "1.avs":

quote:

LoadPlugin("C:\Fraps\Movies\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Fraps\Movies\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ColorMatrix.dll")
AviSource("C:\Fraps\Movies\1.avi")
FFIndex("C:\Fraps\Movies\1.avi")
AudioDub(FFVideoSource("C:\Fraps\Movies\1.avi"), FFAudioSource("C:\Fraps\Movies\1.avi"))
ColorYUV(levels="PC->TV")
ColorMatrix(mode="rec.709->rec.601", clamp=0)

1) Can I just copy and paste this over and over again in the same .avs file while changing the number of the avi (so 2.avi, etc) then import the script to MeGUI and it will batch encode all my clips? Or do I need a separate script for each one? If so, is there a way to make MeGUI process multiple scripts in a sitting?

2) Do I need the AudioDub line to have audio? The first time I tried with just the script (including the AudioDub command) and got no audio. Then I told MeGUI to get the audio from the original AVI and it worked fine. But if I do not have an AudioDub() command, will I still have audio if I only use the script?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

This seems like an obvious question, but I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding an answer for it. If I'm doing a console LP and I need to hear the game audio, how do I best make sure that it doesn't interfere with the recording? The two most obvious solutions seem to be to A)mute the game audio from the capture device and just allow the game audio to be recorded over my microphone (which would be very low quality) or B) overlap the game audio from the capture device and the game audio picked up from the microphone (which would likely cause other audio issues). Any suggestions? How do you guys handle this issue?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Zinkraptor posted:

This seems like an obvious question, but I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding an answer for it. If I'm doing a console LP and I need to hear the game audio, how do I best make sure that it doesn't interfere with the recording? The two most obvious solutions seem to be to A)mute the game audio from the capture device and just allow the game audio to be recorded over my microphone (which would be very low quality) or B) overlap the game audio from the capture device and the game audio picked up from the microphone (which would likely cause other audio issues). Any suggestions? How do you guys handle this issue?

I usually keep my audio low enough so that I can hear it and it barely gets caught by the microphone, but you could also try listening through your game audio through headphones, if you can figure out a good way to do that. Overlapping might not be a bad idea and it would help sync up the audio, so give that a shot and see if there's any major issues with that idea.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zinkraptor posted:

Headphones, basically. The way I do it is like so, for 360:

360 A/V to capture device via HDMI
360 audio only also out via A/V cable (just with a y-cable plugged in so it goes a/v adapter -> y cable -> 3.5mm jack -> headphones)
PC, just turn your speakers off, don't mute everything
Audacity + pc mic for voice
Capture device software for game a/v

Then you just do your work from there.

e: I guess it helps if your console can output audio to two different sources at the same time. Hopefully yours does.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 28, 2014

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Major_JF posted:

Try finding 2 sync points and then taking the (Time of video between the sync points)[in seconds] - (time of audio between the sync points)[in seconds] = difference. Then, ((difference)/(Time of video between the sync points)) * 100 = should be the % change audacity is looking for.

I didn't see any other way to contact you (Skype or anything) but I finally got around to dicking with this and it isn't really working out for me...

So how it works is...
In Seconds:
Video times:
Point A: 45.3
Point B: 3551.6
Audio times:
Point A: 32.196
Point B: 3528.307

Video math: 3551.6-45.3= 3506.3
Audio math: 3528.307-32.196= 3496.111

EDIT: I made a mistake in my original calculation and so yes the audio is the shorter one SO: subtracting video from audio:

3506.3-3496.111=10.189

That divided by time of video between sync points (from Video math above) * 100
10.189/3506.3 * 100 =~ 0.29 which is absolutely wrong as it would give me 10 hours of audio. :S

EDIT: vvvv Yeah I hosed up the times (I literally just converted the minutes to seconds wrong or mistyped something) but the above should now be right

The T fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 28, 2014

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
The first sync point has the video lagging behind the audio, while the second has the video getting there first?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Would someone kindly help me figure out whatever... thing I need to get to AudioDub FLAC files in AviSynth?

I know I need to get BassAudio, which is linked from the AviSynth wiki, but what do I... do with it? Seriously like, step by step. I'm sorry to be such a dunce.

EDIT:

I realize this is kind of vague, so here's what I've done. I downloaded and installed the BeHappy program linked in the wiki. I went digging for the BassAudio plugin file location, since the AviSynth Wiki says that's the plugin I need.

Then I did this:

code:
LoadPlugin("E:\BeHappy\plugins\BassAudio.dll")
video = Import("O:\WorldofIllusion\WOI-co-op2-script.avs")
audio = BassAudio("O:\WorldofIllusion\WOI-co-op2-voice.flac")

audiodub(video, audio)
But AviSynth doesn't recognize the BassAudio command. I'm sure the solution is a simple one and I'm just being thick. I haven't done too much advanced stuff with AviSynth.

You know what? I'm just a dummy who's still using the beta version of Audacity. :downs: Getting the latest version just let's me save the drat thing as a WAV like I wanted to originally, so NEVER MIND.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 29, 2014

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Silver Falcon posted:

Re: Importing FLAC
BassAudio doesn't come with Avisynth as a default, apparently. It's part of some package called BeHappy (which can be gotten here)? You're probably missing it, which is why Avisynth doesn't know what to do. Or, if you've already downloaded it, you might need to LoadPlugin its directory path at the start of your script.
I'm an idiot who doesn't read code. Unless the BeHappy plugin isn't actually at that directory path, it should've worked.

Unless maybe BassAudio() won't work because it's expecting BassAudioSource()?

I haven't personally used BassAudio, but FFMS2's FFAudioSource also works with FLAC files if you've already got that stored somewhere.

... or you could just circumvent it with Audacity like you just chose to.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 29, 2014

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
This seems like a decent thread to ask...

What's the best way of getting files recorded by DxTory into Final Cut Pro for editing?

Everything I've recorded doesn't want to import into FCP, because they are .avi files. Is there a way to transcode the files to .mov so they'll import, without a loss of quality? I've been using the default DxTor codec, but maybe I should switch to the Lagarith codec?

Thanks for any help.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

weinus posted:

This seems like a decent thread to ask...

What's the best way of getting files recorded by DxTory into Final Cut Pro for editing?

Everything I've recorded doesn't want to import into FCP, because they are .avi files. Is there a way to transcode the files to .mov so they'll import, without a loss of quality? I've been using the default DxTor codec, but maybe I should switch to the Lagarith codec?

Thanks for any help.
Definitely try switching from the Dxtory codec; lagarith might be a better option or the Fraps codec if you have that around.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

turtlecrunch posted:

1) Can I just copy and paste this over and over again in the same .avs file while changing the number of the avi (so 2.avi, etc) then import the script to MeGUI and it will batch encode all my clips? Or do I need a separate script for each one? If so, is there a way to make MeGUI process multiple scripts in a sitting?

I'm surprised nobody answered this, so... yes, you can do batch work with MeGUI, and in fact that's how I do most of my processing anymore. You load each script and hit Queue under each of the video and audio sections to queue all of the encodes, then go to the Queue tab and hit Start to make things happen. You can even tell it to shut down the computer when it's done if you want it to run overnight. (And unlike VirtualDub, it resets that to "Do Nothing" each time you start the program.) Once the encodes are all done, you'll need to use the Mux tool to finish the job, but you can queue all of the mux jobs as well, and they don't take very long.

I recommend using this method in general because I usually end up finding something in the audio track that I need to fix post-encode, so I like being able to set the audio and mux jobs to Waiting and hit Start to quickly re-encode without having to reload the script and re-queue jobs. You can empty the queue once you know you like what you have.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Thanks Nido. I did figure out the queue option on my own eventually but I have been auto-encoding all of the files. I will keep the audio track separate from now on.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
I just want to remind everybody that OBS is a great video recorder. Some of the old Adventure Game Studio games aren't detected by FRAPS, but OBS recorded the window without a problem.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
So I've been trying to do some editing on three separate Mp4 videos using Avisynth. I want to put them all in a single script so I can edit them all at the same time into a single final video. However I keep getting an error about the framerate being different when I try to play the video in VirtualDub Mod. I've been messing around with the script hoping I just made a mistake but I haven't figured anything out. For an individual video my script looks like this:

quote:

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\John\Downloads\MeGUI_2153_x86\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
Video = FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4", threads=1)
#deinterlace
#crop
Video = Video.LanczosResize(1280,720) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise

Audio = FFAudioSource("F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4", track=1, cachefile="F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4.ffindex")

Audiodub(Video, Audio)
ConverttoRGB()
ChangeFPS(30)

But when I add in the other video files it freaks out. So this script:

quote:

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\John\Downloads\MeGUI_2153_x86\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
Video = FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4", threads=1) +\
FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\The last Jammer.mp4", threads=1) +\
FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\trailer and Act 3 opening.mp4", threads=1)
#deinterlace
#crop
Video = Video.LanczosResize(1280,720) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise

Audio = FFAudioSource("F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4", track=1, cachefile="F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4.ffindex") +\
FFAudioSource("F:\Raw footage\The last Jammer.mp4", track=1, cachefile="F:\Raw footage\The last Jammer.mp4.ffindex") +\
FFAudioSource("F:\Raw footage\trailer and Act 3 opening.mp4", track=1, cachefile="F:\Raw footage\trailer and Act 3 opening.mp4.ffindex")

Audiodub(Video, Audio)
ConverttoRGB()
ChangeFPS(30)

Produces this error:

quote:

Avisynth open failure:
Splice: Video framerate doesn't match
(F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.avs, line 3)

Now I know I'm probably doing the audio wrong. But since adding the +\ or even just + makes the thing freak out I'm kind of at a loss. Did a bit of investigating on the videos themselves using MediaInfo. They've all got the same FPS of 30, the only thing I can see that's different about the videos is their bit rates. Is that what's causing the problem? And if so how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Extra info incase it helps:

Recorded on an Xbox360 using an Elgato Game Capture HD.
The Scripts are produced using the From HD-PVR to Dual Audio LP Video tutorial method of loading the video into MeGui and putting them through the file indexer.

EDIT: Also for some reason, AviSynth doesn't recognise FFmpegSource2 as a function. I have no idea why.
gently caress, figured that one out on my own. Still haven't a clue about the rest of it though

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 1, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

It's pretty simple really, the framerates of the three videos you're loading are slightly different. Force the framerate to a common one by doing, for example:

Video = FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\Sensors and Emblems.mp4", threads=1, fpsnum=30) +\
FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\The last Jammer.mp4", threads=1, fpsnum=30) +\
FFVideoSource("F:\Raw footage\trailer and Act 3 opening.mp4", threads=1, fpsnum=30)

As a sidenote, to prevent possible audio desync, it would be better to load and audiodub each individual video, then splice them together after dubbing the audio, using ++ (or ++\ on multiline statements) rather than what you're doing.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I was sure there was a way to do it. But staring at all the arguments and trying to figure them out was making me light headed. The audio seems to be coming through okay as well from the quick test run I did, but I think I'll do as you suggest before I start editing. Cheers! :)

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

So I've been looking for a little while and I haven't found anything myself, nor have I found anything in the OP about this. I'm using DebugMode FrameServer with Adobe Premiere 5.5 and I can't use the DebugMode plug-in to serve the video. My experience with video exporting and encoding is rather lacking so I have no idea what's going wrong. Basically I set the video up and when it gets to the export screen it never makes any progress. All the numbers just stay at zero; zero frames processed, zero frames processed a second, etc. It also says 'connected to client 0' if that means that it actually has tried to start working. I've reinstalled FrameServer itself now and it hasn't changed anything. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if that means anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

So I've been looking for a little while and I haven't found anything myself, nor have I found anything in the OP about this. I'm using DebugMode FrameServer with Adobe Premiere 5.5 and I can't use the DebugMode plug-in to serve the video. My experience with video exporting and encoding is rather lacking so I have no idea what's going wrong. Basically I set the video up and when it gets to the export screen it never makes any progress. All the numbers just stay at zero; zero frames processed, zero frames processed a second, etc. It also says 'connected to client 0' if that means that it actually has tried to start working. I've reinstalled FrameServer itself now and it hasn't changed anything. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if that means anything.

All frameservers do is offer a signpost AVI file for an external encoder to encode. If you're expecting it to create an MP4 file for you, you'll be waiting for eternity.

http://salp.wikia.com/wiki/Basics_on_editing_in_Adobe_Premiere_Pro (part 3: exporting)