Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
All of the FAQ's are up.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Ghost Hand posted:

Unless it specifically states it is NEVER scoring. (Not sure if scarabs say this or not).

But for example - Death Company say that I believe. So they are still not scoring.

Scoring Units posted:

Any unit can be a scoring unit, unless:
• It is a Swooping Flying Monstrous Creature, a Zooming Flyer or is a unit currently embarked on a Zooming Flyer.
• It has a special rule specifying that it never counts as a scoring unit.
• It is currently Falling Back (if the unit Regroups it immediately reverts to being a scoring unit again).
• It is a building or fortification that is unclaimed (claimed buildings count as a scoring unit from the claiming player’s army).

Swarms posted:

If, when allocating Wounds to a unit with the Swarms special rule, two or more models could be chosen as the closest enemy, the closest enemy is always the model with the least number of Wounds. If a model with the Swarm special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from a Blast (any size) or Template weapon, each unsaved Wound is multiplied to two unsaved Wounds unless that Wound has the Instant Death special rule. However, a unit entirely composed of models with the Swarm special rule is not slowed by difficult terrain, but must test for Dangerous Terrain as normal.

So yeah, swarms can score. Anything can score UNLESS it's from the above list, or it says in their entry (ex. Death Company).

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm reading the Imperial Knight FAQ and it's really quite funny. "Ignore all the rules in the book. Except for that one box on the bottom right."

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Haha, they fixed Aegis (it now lets you re-roll 1's for DtW) but left Shadow in the Warp as it is now.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
There are zero actual FAQs in there, just a few amendments to bring things up to 7th.

e: seems that some have FAQs, some don't. Good job.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 27, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jng2058 posted:

Sort of:

So you could add Battle Brother ICs to a unit in an Allied Dedicated Transport, attach a Terminator Captain to a Guard Veteran Squad in a Chimera, for instance. But you couldn't deploy a Marine Tac Squad into the Chimera pre-game or things like that.

And of course that only matters for Dedicated Transports. Your Land Raider taken as a Heavy can start the game with whatever the gently caress it wants, even a Guard Conscript squad. The Emperor alone knows why you'd want to, but you could do it as well as any number of more useful versions.

Cool, the Eldar Pirate any I've been wanting to build since 3rd seems pretty feasible now.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

Haha, they fixed Aegis (it now lets you re-roll 1's for DtW) but left Shadow in the Warp as it is now.

But now broodlords can use Dominion and benefit from synaptic lynchpin if you take them as your warlord! Now if only that mattered.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Haha, they changed Nature's Bane to only affect Citadel "Twisted Copse" terrain and not forest terrain in general. Not that it's an amazing trait anyway, but good to know it'll never work on a table outside of a GW store.

Edit:
They didn't even change Dominion to function properly, goddamn. I'm just going to email them a huge list of current problems and see what comes back. Ugh.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 27, 2014

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Question: I want to use a battleforged army which includes coteaz and another inquisitor. I don't want to have to pay the troops tax for their GK version. If I use codex inquisition I can just take them alone.

I assume I can just use their GK FAQ versions (aka they can get sanctic powers without perils on any double etc?)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Holy son of the Emperor, that Grey Knights FAQ :swoon:

-The Aegis allows you to reroll ones for DtW
-Reinforced Aegis allows you to reroll any failed DtW rolls
-Librarians, GMs, BroCaps, Coteaz and Draigo can roll on Divination, Pyro, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Sanctic charts
-All other GKs always know the :sparkles: new and improved Hammerhand :sparkles: and Banishment
-Purifiers have the above powers, plus Cleansing Flame from the Sanctic chart
-GK vehicles can't use Vortex of Doom (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!), but have Banishment and Sanctuary

Downside: Teleporting your Land-Raiders is gone, and the Brotherhood Banner now does next to nothing (no auto-pass force weapon activation anymore)

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Rune-priests get +1 to Deny the Witch, so that's a 4+ straight up, maybe more if you're a Level 2 on 1? I'm okay with this. Though did the 6th Edition FAQs completely get rid of the SW psychic powers? That's kinda bullshit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

"Q. How do I determine the arc of sight for a Heldrake's ranged weapon?
A: Treat the Heldrake's ranged weapon as a hull mounted weapon, measuring all ranges and line of sight from the barrel of the gun."

Is this a new change? That seems like a fairly significant nerf for a Heldrake.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SRM posted:

A: Treat the Heldrake's ranged weapon as a hull mounted weapon, measuring all ranges and line of sight from the barrel of the gun."

Whoa that's gonna piss a lot of people off.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tyranid Errata/FAQ posted:

FAQ: none
Yep, 4 months later and we still have nuclear Pyrovores. Good job, GW. Good job :downsbravo:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
No more making GBS threads fire out of it's arse? Good.

Edit: I notice there's no FAQ for Codex: Inquisition there either. Wonder if they couldn't be arsed, or if you're expected to download a fresh version entirely. I don't know how they handle updates to mobi books.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SRM posted:

Means its not a turret now. Significant nerf for the Helldrake.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Means its not a turret now. Significant nerf for the Helldrake.

This, combined with the changes to Vector Strikes, might mean less Heldrakes all around. The only reason people really took them was when the Baleflamer was a turret weapon and d3+1 S7 vector strikes.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

SRM posted:

It's a complete 180 from their 6th ed FAQ.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Space Wolves and Blood Angels can't use their unique psychic powers anymore. Say goodbye to Mephiston flying or hitting at S10.

I'm kind of shocked that Shadow in the Warp and Tzeentch Daemons not getting any update on how they affect psykers.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't mind seeing Heldrakes taken down a peg personally. They're probably still pretty dangerous, just not as much so. I don't like that the new FAQs invalidated Space Wolves and Blood Angels psychic powers though. They're all generated from the rulebook now. It makes sense for consistency's sake and it's just a stopgap, but it kinda bites in the interim.
e;fb

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SRM posted:

I don't mind seeing Heldrakes taken down a peg personally. They're probably still pretty dangerous, just not as much so. I don't like that the new FAQs invalidated Space Wolves and Blood Angels psychic powers though. They're all generated from the rulebook now. It makes sense for consistency's sake and it's just a stopgap, but it kinda bites in the interim.
e;fb

It's the same thing for everyone, GKs all had their powers substituted for the BRB ones too. I miss my old GK librarian, there was nothing quite like teleporting an immobilized Land Raider across the battlefield to get better LOS.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

I'm kind of shocked that Shadow in the Warp and Tzeentch Daemons not getting any update on how they affect psykers.

Same with Runes of Witnessing (unless that still works the same I guess).

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 27, 2014

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Heldrakes are pretty junk now. One attack on Vector Strike just isn't enough to be reliable damage against vehicles and the Baleflamer alone doesn't really justify 170 points.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Because I'm bored:

AM: 1 errata, 0 FAQs
BA: 8, 1
D: 4, 0
CSM: 9, 4
DA: 16, 0
DE: 9, 8
E: 1, 0
GK: 7, 5
N: 33, 3
O: 10, 7
SM: 2, 0
SW: 9, 3
Tau: 3, 0
Tyr: 0, 0

In summary, gently caress you Nids, once again.

Germ
May 7, 2013

As a Chaos player, I'm totally fine with the Heldrake nerf. A significant drop in power, but it's still a really useful model for the points.

What I can't believe is that Shadows in the Warp is left unchanged (and therefore, useless). Then again, I reckon Tyranids getting shafted should really stop surprising me.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Germ posted:

As a Chaos player, I'm totally fine with the Heldrake nerf. A significant drop in power, but it's still a really useful model for the points.

What I can't believe is that Shadows in the Warp is left unchanged (and therefore, useless). Then again, I reckon Tyranids getting shafted should really stop surprising me.

Eh, it's better than it being full of blatantly un-necessary nerfs like the last one :v:

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

The Sex Cannon posted:

This cross post is almost as long as my list of crippling insecurities!

Ok, NoVA/DC/MD hams. Here's the deal: These guys are a totally legit battle-forged army that clocks in at 1405 pts. I want to play an all-infantry hilarity fest to christen 7th edition. Who's got 1405 points of infantry and wants to throw down sometime soon?

I know this is really late but I live in Fairfax and have a ton of Guardsmen and would love to do this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

serious gaylord posted:

All of the FAQ's are up. *

* Except Tyranids

Edit: All the Ork Weirdboy powers are gone, and Weirdboys are now just psykers that can only use demonology. :orks101:

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 27, 2014

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Infinite Karma posted:

Space Wolves and Blood Angels can't use their unique psychic powers anymore. Say goodbye to Mephiston flying or hitting at S10.

Orks lose their Orky powers, too - they just get Daemonology. Until the new dex in a few weeks, anyway.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So JotWW just doesn't exist now?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

muskets posted:

Orks lose their Orky powers, too - they just get Daemonology. Until the new dex in a few weeks, anyway.

So now Orks can't do anything that they've historically been able to but can use a power set they've never so much as sniffed at before until now? (Until the Codex pops, that is.) That's....that's so GW. :cripes:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I haven't gotten a copy of 7th yet, can embarked models shoot at a different thing than their transport?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

jng2058 posted:

So now Orks can't do anything that they've historically been able to but can use a power set they've never so much as sniffed at before until now? (Until the Codex pops, that is.) That's....that's so GW. :cripes:

It's forging the narrative man. Keep up.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

e;fb

It's colossally stupid--Heldrakes are now no longer able to move their heads left to right, despite having a lengthy neck!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

TKIY posted:

So JotWW just doesn't exist now?

What are you talking about? We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's colossally stupid--Heldrakes are now no longer able to move their heads left to right, despite having a lengthy neck!

Well you see GW has figured that they've sold all the Heldrake units they ever will so the best idea is to nerf them so people have to buy bikers or spawn :v::v::v:

Nah but honestly it could have just been a solid 180-degree arc like walkers and I would've been fine with that. The previous 360-degree turret arc was dumb, but this might be a bit too much.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So it appears that the psychic power card set was straight up lying about what powers certain codices could take? Since the FAQ says that e.g. CSM sorcerors can take Daemonology now, but says nothing about Divination.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Since it's a Torrent weapon, it can still drop the template in a LOT of places. It just can't drop it everywhere anymore. The bigger nerf was the loss of the D3 Vector Strikes to ground targets.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm reading the Imperial Knight FAQ and it's really quite funny. "Ignore all the rules in the book. Except for that one box on the bottom right."

Better yet- Knight Warlords are characters, so they can make challenges. "HEY. HEY PUNY HUMAN. I CHALLENGE YOU TO SINGLE COMBAT. JUST YOU, ME, AND A ROBOT THE SIZE OF A SKYSCRAPER."

PierreTheMime posted:

They didn't even change Dominion to function properly, goddamn. I'm just going to email them a huge list of current problems and see what comes back. Ugh.

Dominion works just fine, except on the first turn of the game? Blessings last until your next psychic phase, remember, so if you cast Dominion last turn, it will still be in effect when you have to make IB tests. That can be awkward, but it can also be useful ('cause you can frontload your spending.)

Warlocks and Pink Horrors being able to cast from Daemonology is ridiculously huge. It's... it's just gonna be amazingly dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Daedleh posted:

It's forging the narrative man. Keep up.

You say this in jest, but sadly I feel this is the case. Xenos are the bad guys and the bad guys are supposed to lose; and lose in the most cinematic way possible while the proud Humans and Super-Humans stand triumphant.

Space Marines and IG keep getting better, while all the "evil" Xenos keep getting worse. Admittedly it is mostly worse through neglect, but worse is still worse.

Though if I'm totally honest with myself, odds are I'm putting more thought into it than the GW designers did. They just throw poo poo at a wall and see what the result is, they don't seem invested enough to care about what they are doing to some armies.

GW strawman: :byodood:
Fan boy better-man: :smithfrog:

:byodood: Psykers are cool. Lets make them into Space Wizards and have them be incredibly powerful.
:smithfrog: But some races don't get Psykers.
:byodood: So what?
:smithfrog: And these rules you made aren't very true to the fluff. Also some Psychic races are badly represented.
:byodood: Look at my awesome Grey Knights! They just summoned a Greater Daemon! That is so cool.
:smithfrog: Sigh...

• Locked thread