Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Dehry posted:

Persona Stalker club

That's the worst possible name for a club associated with a game that features dating sim elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Okay let's be fair to Drakengard, its equivalent to sticking up to your elbow into the grinder, then cooking and willingly eating the arm meat.

My apologies, you're right.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PSVita ready

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
To anyone thinking about buying Digital Devil Saga on the PSN: Hold off until Atlus releases a patch for it (if they ever do). The framerate is kind of awful, to the point where the audio of a lot of attacks will desync from their animations. Getting around on the map feels slow and floaty most of the time, nothing like the slick experience of the PS2 version. I made it past the first boss, but couldn't keep going when the "impact" part of the audio for his unique attack occurred while he was still in his wind-up animation.

The only emulation issues with Nocturne were some slight lag in a couple of locations (but never during battles) and a couple of the gimmicks in the Labyrinth of Amala didn't work correctly (invisible wall maze in the 2nd Kalpa and fade-away walls in the 5th), but this is borderline unplayable for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sounds like how the PAL version was! Ah the days of poor, desynced 50Hz conversions. At least DDS2 had a Hz selector.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Glad I held off for a sale then, that doesn't sound great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't there a problem with the P3FES PSN release that Atlus patched? What was up with that one?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Something to do with analogue movement bugging out?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Wasn't there a problem with the P3FES PSN release that Atlus patched? What was up with that one?

A bunch of stuff, including the entire 5th block, flashed really fast

Also there was one scene that would freeze for a while

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I just got past the Assembly of Nihilio in Nocturne, which is where I got stuck when I played this years ago and is there anything important I need to know about the rest of the game? I've feel like I've got the hang of it so far but I'm playing this blind save for the thread's advice.

Also w/r/t the 'Pixie bonus' that I've heard about: I know you have to keep her descendant in your party, but does using it as the sacrifice in a sacrificial fusion count towards that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Delsaber posted:

That's the worst possible name for a club associated with a game that features dating sim elements.

Worst, or most accurate?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

Also w/r/t the 'Pixie bonus' that I've heard about : I know you have to keep her descendant in your party, but does using it as the sacrifice in a sacrificial fusion count towards that?

I am pretty sure if you use the Pixie, or her descendant as the sacrifice in the fusion, it no longer counts. I'm not sure about using it in any other slot for that.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Scrap Dragon posted:

Also w/r/t the 'Pixie bonus' that I've heard about : I know you have to keep her descendant in your party, but does using it as the sacrifice in a sacrificial fusion count towards that?

IIRC, no. Don't sacrifice her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Worst, or most accurate?

Why can't it be both?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I watched the Persona 3 movie last night and it was really good. It got most of the important details in and still managed a bit of focus on Fuuka and Natsuki, also the MC had some good lines.

Animation was pretty slick, especially during the Persona fights. Movie #2 will be Aigis-centric which I am excited for, since she is my favorite.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So are the P3 & 4 animes better or worse compared to Digital Devil Story and Tokyo Revelations animes in terms of general pacing, tolerable characters and remaining faithful to the original material? Surely, they fare better than movies made 20+ years ago, right?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Excels posted:

I watched the Persona 3 movie last night and it was really good. It got most of the important details in and still managed a bit of focus on Fuuka and Natsuki, also the MC had some good lines.

That movie had the most accurate portrayal of a videogame silent protagonist that anyone could possibly make.

It's not that they're mute. They just don't give a gently caress.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

uncleKitchener posted:

So are the P3 & 4 animes better or worse compared to Digital Devil Story and Tokyo Revelations animes in terms of general pacing, tolerable characters and remaining faithful to the original material? Surely, they fare better than movies made 20+ years ago, right?

They are significantly better than those. They're just kind of bland and pointless.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

The P4 anime, from what I've gathered, is a pretty straight (and slightly QUALITY) adaptation of the game with a few tweaks here and there like the noodle shop girl (Aika? Aiya?) and the Brotagonist hamming it up a lot more. You could get the gist of P4's plot and characters through it. Just mediocre over all. They're releasing a not-really-season-2 with episodes about Marie and probably the ski trip or anything that happened in Golden.

The P3 movie is supplementary. If you never played P3 you would be lost at several points. It's definitely got a fat budget and the animation is exceptionally flashy. It made me like Fuuka a lot more.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea P4's anime is literally just going through the story of the game, and it assumes that for Yu you pick the most hilarious rear end in a top hat options most of the times which means it's the good path. It's good, I like it a lot, but it doesn't really add a ton except that one kinda Rashomon style two parter from Yu and Nanako's perspectives which was legit the best way to represent those non-party member social links in a tv show.

P3's is meant to be watched after you beat the game, it's good but it's kinda a different thing.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
All megaten anime adaptations range from awful to forgettable. P3 is probably the best and even that is not particularly good standalone. It does have decent fight animation, even if the animation when people are just standing around looks like garbage.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mind Zero launches on Vita tomorrow. They're already cutting the price for launch, $33.99 or $27.19 for PS+ Members through June 2nd. It looks like it came back up in price from 980 yen to 1280 yen on Amazon Japan for the Japanese version.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea P4's anime is literally just going through the story of the game, and it assumes that for Yu you pick the most hilarious rear end in a top hat options most of the times which means it's the good path. It's good, I like it a lot, but it doesn't really add a ton except that one kinda Rashomon style two parter from Yu and Nanako's perspectives which was legit the best way to represent those non-party member social links in a tv show.

P3's is meant to be watched after you beat the game, it's good but it's kinda a different thing.

It wasn't just that his dialog choices were all the weirdo ones, it was also the fact that you could like palpably feel it when some invisible player made a menu choice. Like, Yu would just be standing there, straight-faced and stoic as gently caress in the face of whatever was going on, and then suddenly blurt out his line. I kind of appreciated that characterization, seeing how that anime was practically a Let's Play.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nanako calls Yu a manwhore, so the anime has that going for it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I am pretty sure if you use the Pixie, or her descendant as the sacrifice in the fusion, it no longer counts. I'm not sure about using it in any other slot for that.

Prism posted:

IIRC, no. Don't sacrifice her.

Alright, thanks. Shame about that, I had a pretty rad Naga going but it required sacrificing that demon.

29 wouldn't be overleveled for this point in the game would it? I only grinded so I could pick up Uzume for the Matador fight but I'm having a way easier time against pretty much every boss than I did the first time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 2 ISP and EP were pulled from the US PSN store again.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Dehry posted:

Persona 2 ISP and EP were pulled from the US PSN store again.

What the hell for? Why you got a hate on for best Persona, Sony? :mad:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is all just a sign that Atlus is finally bringing EPP to the west.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Is the grinding in Nocturne really as painful as it seems? I'm towards the beginning right before committing B&E on Lokis apartment

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Beef Waifu posted:

I'd buy a Vita again for Persona 2: Sin and Punishment HD.

fake e: Cast your fantasy voice actors for EP Portable ITT

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://fakegirlgamer.tumblr.com/post/86980906044/so-heres-an-interesting-thing-about-persona-4

Yosuke gay dating option found.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm pretty sure this has been out there since at least 2011.

e: Yeah, all the links are dead, but this is what I was thinking of.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 27, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of that dialogue would've ended up being used for a joke anyways.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
John L Hardin replied to a tweet about it, so it's going to be making the rounds shortly.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Thundercracker posted:

Is the grinding in Nocturne really as painful as it seems? I'm towards the beginning right before committing B&E on Lokis apartment

It seemed that way to me, but there's at least a slight workaround in that area. Head east and hop on the highway and follow it all the way to the end. You'll end up in an area with level ~20-23 enemies that are killable as long as you're playing carefully, and you can level pretty ridiculously fast there. I think I went from like 14-19 in an hour there.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Weird because I had a ton of trouble buying Eternal Punishment last night, but the transaction finally went through. Of course, then I realized I didn't actually own Innocent Sin and when I tried to buy it I saw that it was gone! Good timing on my part, I bet I missed the $5 sale again. I'll just wait for the next one in a month. :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 2 IS is back on the store for $5. Our long national nightmare is over.

E: Atlus took back P4A publishing rights in Europe according to Zen United

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/27/atlus-taken-distribution-rights-persona-4-arena-europe/

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 27, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Thundercracker posted:

The only time you ever really maybe should be grinding is if you want to fuse Uzume for the Matador fight.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Seems to be a lot of companies revoking distribution rights lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Beef Waifu posted:

Maybe if we start a rumor about Atlus localizing the game it'll come true.