Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

BadLlama posted:

Also did they ever fix tank abilities being pointless because even with the threat modifiers they still generated less threat than regular assault abilities?

Yes, a while back. Though threat is not like WoW where it's pretty much impossible for DPSers to out pace the tank's aggro, so DPSers will still need to hold back a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

BadLlama posted:

Guild Wars doesn't have Druids.

Oh I'm sorry, EverQuest is thisaway.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yes, a while back. Though threat is not like WoW where it's pretty much impossible for DPSers to out pace the tank's aggro, so DPSers will still need to hold back a bit.

Glad to hear that might end up just rolling a die to pick my class on Saturday though.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

WarLocke posted:

Oh I'm sorry, EverQuest is thisaway.

Pretty sure he's talking about World of Warcraft, in which druids can tank, heal, ranged dps and melee dps and is the only class with four possible specs.

On-topic, has there been any indication that the servers may be up at any time before friday? or was Ops week literally a week?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BadLlama posted:

Glad to hear that might end up just rolling a die to pick my class on Saturday though.

If you have an assault weapon equipped then rampage still does more tps than jolt. If you have a support weapon equipped, rampage still does more tps than jolt.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Common Sensei posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about World of Warcraft, in which druids can tank, heal, ranged dps and melee dps and is the only class with four possible specs.

On-topic, has there been any indication that the servers may be up at any time before friday? or was Ops week literally a week?

Ops Week is defined as the time between the end of open beta and the beginning of headstart. There is no guarantee the server will be up on any given day.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

BadLlama posted:

Where is the druid class that lets me Tank/Heal/Ranged DPS/Melee DPS all with one class :(
Engineer is probably the closest thing to being able to do this in WildStar, as well as the Warrior up near max level (several self-tanking abilities apply to allies as well as the warrior at tier 8). The Medic can take a lot of hits too, but it has no threat overriding abilities like the tanks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nooooooo early access starts exactly when I begin a 16 hour shift :smith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Common Sensei posted:

And there's a reason why most newer MMOs don't have any classes that can be specced for every role. If you really want a character that can do everything then WildStar is not going to fill that need.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Jfizzoid posted:

Well, looks like I won't be adding those hyphens to my phone number this morning after all. :colbert:

It's a shame, that!

(Really only thought I'd post it because otherwise I just know there'll be a ton of post from goons complaining about poo poo not working.

Oh who am I kidding, there'll be anyway.)

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Will there be a way to have multiple specs saved on a character? Something like how in Rift each character could have up to 5 (or maybe six) specs that could be changed out in the field as long as you were out of combat?

If not, how much do Amps affect your spec? For example, if I was an Engineer, could I reliably tank a dungeon in a solo assault spec without being massively over leveled?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Orvin posted:

Will there be a way to have multiple specs saved on a character? Something like how in Rift each character could have up to 5 (or maybe six) specs that could be changed out in the field as long as you were out of combat?

If not, how much do Amps affect your spec? For example, if I was an Engineer, could I reliably tank a dungeon in a solo assault spec without being massively over leveled?

You get an additional spec at 15. Two additional specs after that are purchasable at level 50

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Doublestep posted:

You get an additional spec at 15. Two additional specs after that are purchasable at level 50

Very nice to know.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Orvin posted:

In addition to this, is it possible to have sets of armor/gear saved so you don't have to manually change everything around when swapping from DPS mode to Tank/Heal mode?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Korlac posted:

In addition to this, is it possible to have sets of armor/gear saved so you don't have to manually change everything around when swapping from DPS mode to Tank/Heal mode?

Even if it's not built in, I presume there are/will be add-ons that do this for you.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

hit button posted:

/eval Apollo.SetConsoleVariable("player.turningSpeedMouse", 1)

This is a thing you could try playing with too.

Where does this go, please?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Tokaii posted:

Where does this go, please?

Paste it into chat in-game.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I imagine you type it in the chat box. Don't forget the leading slash.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Iron Tusk posted:

Even if it's not built in, I presume there are/will be add-ons that do this for you.

From what I've heard, the current API isn't powerful enough to build an equipment manager. It's missing necessary inventory management functions.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Thoom posted:

From what I've heard, the current API isn't powerful enough to build an equipment manager. It's missing necessary inventory management functions.

This is not necessarily that bad a thing. You can simply roll with your tanking or healing gear and switch action sets when you want to solo. Doing random questing stuff in non-DPS gear should be workable even at level cap.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Thoom posted:

That's weird, because at one point I thought it was built in. I remember in the paperdoll menu there's a Costume option down bellow that would let you switch costumes.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Jargon posted:

PvP servers are just like PvE servers except with more opportunities for trolling and gooning around, that's literally the only difference.

To a ganker it may appear that way, to a gankee. (soloer) they are quite different.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Korlac posted:

That's weird, because at one point I thought it was built in. I remember in the paperdoll menu there's a Costume option down bellow that would let you switch costumes.

Costumes are a different thing from equipment sets. Costumes are purely cosmetic and are worn over your equipment (which is where the actual stats come from). The costume switching function was moved to an NPC (Personal Stylist?).

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

kojicolnair posted:

I've been pretty indecisive about what class I want to play. Still flip flopping between esper and spellslinger.

I'm old (71), slow, and lack the finger dexterity for hopping about during combat so Engineer is a no-brainer for me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tokaii posted:

I'm old (71), slow, and lack the finger dexterity for hopping about during combat so Engineer is a no-brainer for me.

Didn't you post an awesome thread once about all the cool stuff you've done during life?

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

Didn't you post an awesome thread once about all the cool stuff you've done during life?

Can confirm, Tokaii owns.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
His name reminds me of the Tokay from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, which means he's probably a pretty cool dude.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Woland posted:

Can confirm, Tokaii owns.

I heard he's the turtle from NeverEnding Story

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Tokaii posted:

I'm usually the oldest player whenever I game with goons, but you are almost twice my age. Goddamn :corsair:

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

FuSchnick posted:

I'm usually the oldest player whenever I game with goons, but you are almost twice my age. Goddamn :corsair:

I'm almost 31 and sometimes I think I might be getting to old for this game playing poo poo and then I see someone like Tokaii and I'm like NOPE. :getin:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hit button posted:

/eval Apollo.SetConsoleVariable("player.turningSpeedMouse", 1)

This is a thing you could try playing with too.

/eval Apollo.SetConsoleVariable("camera.FovY", 75)

was essential to my beta playing. The default is insanley low to the point that I felt I couldn't see enough around my character while zoomed in a bit. With the default FoV being so close I could hardly see the skybox in the distance most of the time. 75=whatever number you want to use for your Field of Vision. I'm assuming they will have a slider by launch in the options, but if not there ya go.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Tokaii posted:

I hope I'm still playing video games at 71, that loving owns.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
There is an add on which has a FOV slider.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Strategy posted:

I hope I'm still playing video games at 71, that loving owns.

When you are 71 video games will be playing YOU! Think about it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is there any way to play a demo of this? My computer is weird and sometimes things work which shouldn't and sometimes things that should work don't.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

Is there any way to play a demo of this? My computer is weird and sometimes things work which shouldn't and sometimes things that should work don't.

right now: no. you missed open beta.

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

When the game drops everyone who pre-ordered gets I think three week-long guest passes or some poo poo, I'm sure someone would be willing to give you one of theirs if you don't mind waiting a few days.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Woland posted:

When the game drops everyone who pre-ordered gets I think three week-long guest passes or some poo poo, I'm sure someone would be willing to give you one of theirs if you don't mind waiting a few days.

I don't mind! Shame about open beta, I only heard about this game a few days ago from the banner ads and it seems right up my alley.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Ops week might still give you a chance before Saturday, but apparently the key page is down with no ETA so it may never come back. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes, one about my time as a Chicago cop in the 1960's and another one just about being an old fart. I'd link them, but the archives are down.

• Locked thread