Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rakthar posted:

There are lots of people reporting performance issues on the PC version, what a weird response.

I dunno I think GTA4 ran like rear end for everybody on PC, was my point. GTA4 wasn't just like "ATI cards run like rear end" it was "game runs like rear end".
But I guess there were a few people with dual GPU setups and brand new CPUs that ran it fine, fair enough.

Azurrat posted:

Lots of people are also using a pirated version with a bitcoin miner hidden in it. I'm running legit and it runs just fine for me with my crappy 550 Ti.

Haha, Really? I mean I wouldn't put it past some buttcoiners to hide a trojan in a game crack, they've snuck them in other places. Are you just joking though or did you see this somewhere on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Is there any reason to choose one option or the other for "Kill the fixers or escape"?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Zaphod42 posted:

I dunno I think GTA4 ran like rear end for everybody on PC, was my point. GTA4 wasn't just like "ATI cards run like rear end" it was "game runs like rear end".
But I guess there were a few people with dual GPU setups and brand new CPUs that ran it fine, fair enough.

Haha, Really? I mean I wouldn't put it past some buttcoiners to hide a trojan in a game crack, they've snuck them in other places. Are you just joking though or did you see this somewhere on the internet?

Yeah but the concept of "Game runs fine for me so gently caress everyone else" is really unhelpful. Lots of people with legitimate copies are reporting serious performance issues. Yes it is more pronounced with AMD but it is happening across the board, affecting nvidia users as well.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Deviant posted:

Is there any reason to choose one option or the other for "Kill the fixers or escape"?

Killing them gets you more experience, plus if you take the fight to the streets you get the opportunity to rescue motorists for good guy points.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Yeah but the concept of "Game runs fine for me so gently caress everyone else" is really unhelpful. Lots of people with legitimate copies are reporting serious performance issues. Yes it is more pronounced with AMD but it is happening across the board, affecting nvidia users as well.

I didn't mean it that way, sorry. Thing is, that works the same both ways. "It runs poo poo for me so game sucks and must run poo poo for everybody" is just as unhelpful. Lots of people don't even understand what graphics options mean and have their computers badly configured, video drivers out of date, etc. PC gaming kinda requires some troubleshooting and problem solving inherently.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 27, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So how good is this game?

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Sab669 posted:

So for those who have been able to play, what's the consensus? I've been holding off on grabbing it for PC as I was afraid of the massive hype train. I suppose it might still be too early to get any concrete reviews?

I generally dislike "professional" reviews, so, hoping to get some first-hand accounts.
I posted my thoughts a few pages back. It's not GoTY or amazingly innovative, but it's a good game and I'd say it's worth picking up (there are certainly much worse games that people have blown 60bux on). Performance is what I expected based on my specs (560ti, 2500k, runs well enough on High). I know a lot of people are having performance issues which may or may not be attributed to it being less optimized on AMD hardware and that initial optimization is targeted towards lower-end hardware. After 30 hours or so I never came across any of the weird glitches that are being reposted online.

I literally didn't even know this game was getting a PC release until last week (I had thought it was PS4 exclusive based on the Reddit posts that had cropped up about it) so I wasn't invested in any of the E3 graphics hype or release delay or anything. Maybe that's why I think the game is good.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Zaphod42 posted:

I didn't mean it that way, sorry. Thing is, that works the same both ways. "It runs poo poo for me so game sucks and must run poo poo for everybody" is just as unhelpful. Lots of people don't even understand what graphics options mean and have their computers badly configured, video drivers out of date, etc.

This is true and we should clarify for people interested in purchasing:

The game's performance is wildly in variance right now. Users with great systems and reasonable settings are experiencing crazy stuttering/performance loss. Users with relatively weak systems are reporting consistent high fps and no performance issues. AMD has states that optimization is impossible for this game because of nvidia's proprietary software being used in the game. Nvidia users however are not immune to the performance issues. That being said once these issues are sorted it is likely that nividia cars will perform better than their AMD counterparts thanks to the optimization they are taking advantage of.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not by the original pirates. People will take a legit release, infect and repackage it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chief Queef posted:

So how good is this game?

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god there's this horrible screen flickering during the poker game mission. It's like a strobe effect. It's hurting my eyes :froggonk:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tide posted:

Little bit of column B, little bit of column A, and little bit of column D.

Fixed that for you.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
So Xbox One or PS4? Does it really matter?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Red Robin Hood posted:

So Xbox One or PS4? Does it really matter?

PS4 version has extra content.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Can you hack your friends (assuming uPlay is up)?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
This is the best Batman game ever made.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

Can you hack your friends (assuming uPlay is up)?

There's lots of multiplayer modes that work like dark souls invasions, yeah.

Also if somebody has an ipad there's a free app that lets you play god and like DM for somebody else, controlling the cops and stuff.

I haven't gotten to play with either yet, but in videos they looked promising.

DocImpossible
Dec 25, 2010
If I buy this on steam I still have to install and run uPlay, right? Looks like an awesome game, I'd get a kick out of playing it.

E: Nevermind, it says right on steam that it uses uplay as required drm.

DocImpossible fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 27, 2014

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Well, so far I haven't had a horrible experience with the game.
The game seems like a modern day assassin's creed with hacking and that's pretty fun in my book.
I do have two issues that are kind of annoying.
1. The speech dialog is really super low. I've got the sound maxed and I can barely hear it until I turn my speakers high up, but then of course everything else is blaring through the speaking too loud.
2. The game runs fairly decent until I get in a car and then it stutters and lags out every couple of seconds, causing me to crash into huge hordes of pedestrians and ruining cars.
this may be due to me having an older computer(i7 930cpu, gtx 580 video card, 6gb ram). I've turned graphics down to low, but no real change when driving.
Other than that, fairly decent game so far.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Zaphod42 posted:

There's lots of multiplayer modes that work like dark souls invasions, yeah.

Also if somebody has an ipad there's a free app that lets you play god and like DM for somebody else, controlling the cops and stuff.

I haven't gotten to play with either yet, but in videos they looked promising.

it's on android too. Free, no microtransactions, just requires a uplay account. Since ubisoft is having so many drat issues right now, you pretty much can't do anything with it.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

SyRauk posted:

This is the only good Batman game ever made.

Agreed.

100%

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
Uplay is still down for me, but if you ever see the singing fish on the wall (the gun store in The Loop has one) you should definitely hack it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Was playing through AC IV and in hacking one of the terminals, I noticed an ad for CTOS. Any other little things tying the games together?

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Maneki Neko posted:

Was playing through AC IV and in hacking one of the terminals, I noticed an ad for CTOS. Any other little things tying the games together?

Wait, so Aiden is really... An assassin?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
This game is great because hacking someones grenade and watching him freak out and toss it to his buddy is great.

^^ I've been watching for any references to Abstergo existing within WD, but nothing as yet. The weird proliferation of evil cybertech would fit the AC universes ultra tech level though.

Playing through this game, it really is very shadowrun sometimes.

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 27, 2014

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Maneki Neko posted:

"Frequently plays Rayman"
"Former Abstergo employee"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Eryxias posted:

The game seems like a modern day assassin's creed with hacking and that's pretty fun in my book.
1. The speech dialog is really super low. I've got the sound maxed and I can barely hear it until I turn my speakers high up, but then of course everything else is blaring through the speaking too loud.
2. The game runs fairly decent until I get in a car and then it stutters and lags out every couple of seconds, causing me to crash into huge hordes of pedestrians and ruining cars.
this may be due to me having an older computer(i7 930cpu, gtx 580 video card, 6gb ram). I've turned graphics down to low, but no real change when driving.

Hey, dialogue is super low too? I got either the same issue, or a very similar one on ps4.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Eryxias posted:

go to sound properties and set microphone to "Do Nothing" in the Communications tab.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Deviant posted:

Holy poo poo the loving stuttering on this game. A 2500k and a 560ti shouldn't have this much trouble.

Try borderless mode. It works for me (I also lowered some key details, like dof and changed the antialias mode (no idea why I need a antialias mode in 1080p, but this game seems to need it).

Also is a good idea to edit GamerProfile.xml and change smoothness to 0, to disable mouse acceleration.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Maneki Neko posted:

In Pawnee I hacked into a phone call where one person called out historically-significant names and the other would say whether they were assassin, templar, or unaffiliated.

Tei posted:

Try borderless mode. It works for me (I also lowered some key details, like dof and changed the antialias mode (no idea why I need a antialias mode in 1080p, but this game seems to need it).

Also is a good idea to edit GamerProfile.xml and change smoothness to 0, to disable mouse acceleration.

FYI, mouse acceleration currently can't be fully disabled, specifically in menus and fine aiming.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tei posted:

Never play on fullscreen, Windows handles it like rear end.

Would be nice if MS could get their poo poo together one of these days...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Do you get lightside/darkside points if no one witnesses your actions?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. This doesn't support DX10 right? Only DX11? I have an old as hell GT 240 but since I don't really play lots of newer games (just Skyrim and DS2) I never really upgraded.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Watch Dogs @watchdogsgame · 9m
The connection is rising and the issue still seems intermittent, the sign in system might work after several tries. (2/2)

All the possible efforts are put into the resolution of this problem. We are currently monitoring the situation closely. (1/2)

--------

Are they outsourcing their tweets to a guy with broken English?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

How do you enter borderless mode?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

WastedJoker posted:

How do you enter borderless mode?

Wow you should probably buy a console.

Its in the display options? Where you would choose fullscreen or windowed? The only logical place? Where it always is?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I turn every stop light I go by green and watch cars explode as they run into each other, I'm a horrible person, game owns.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Is there a way to set the game to night and rainy all the time?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

I'd know that if I'd had a chance to play the loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

WastedJoker posted:

The connection is rising and the issue still seems intermittent, the sign in system might work after several tries. (2/2)

All the possible efforts are put into the resolution of this problem. We are currently monitoring the situation closely. (1/2)

--------

Are they outsourcing their tweets to a guy with broken English?

Uh well it's a game made by french canadian developer who's parent company is french so maybe they don't speak perfect english?

• Locked thread