Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
The Gorkamorkanaut is definitely growing on me aesthetically. I love the cowcatcher belly/prow. The whole thing just looks so lazy and pleased with itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

So, "dry" paints are just GW paints with less water content? Cripes.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Asdrubael Vect and his 200 point Raider. Maximum point sink, but at least it's a dedicated transport that only specifies it has to have Vect and "nine other" models in it. And is also allround AV 13 open-topped and has three dark lances, so just load up the meltas and that one not-Dark-Reaper guy too while you're buying the harlequins.

Of course, since you can't use the Shadowseer's power at all while in a vehicle on account of it being a blessing, it's all moot. :v:

And actually, when I went back to read the power entry it's worse than that: "Any unit wishing to target the Shadowseer or the unit she is with..." So you can't even confer it on a Raider from a distance. Given the text explictly says "This power is available permanently with no Psychic Test needed" and further that they've never explicitly called it a Blessing, you could argue that the Blessing in a vehicle prohibition wouldn't count since you aren't making a Warp Charge test or anything.

Where it falls apart, though, is that the Raider isn't part of the Harlequin unit and therefore won't be affected. Oh well, it was a fun thought exercise but alas, invalid.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Lungboy posted:

The Eldar FAQ states that Psychic Pilots can generate powers from Daemononology in addition to the spell listed in their army entry. How does that work? It's ML1 so surely it doesn't get any additional spells?

I don't know HOW it works, but the idea of a sleek Eldar craft speeding toward enemy lines suddenly exploding in a shower of gore and turning into a Great Unclean One is too marvelous NOT to happen.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

So, "dry" paints are just GW paints with less water content? Cripes.

They're different colors made for drybrushing. I've got some. They're pretty alright. They're how I got the winterized effect on my Valhallan armor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lungboy posted:

The Eldar FAQ states that Psychic Pilots can generate powers from Daemononology in addition to the spell listed in their army entry. How does that work? It's ML1 so surely it doesn't get any additional spells?

You can give up Terrify to take a Daemonology spell.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You can give up Terrify to take a Daemonology spell.

How can you do that? The BRB says "In some Army List Entries, a Psyker will have one or more specific psychic powers listed – where this is the case, it will be clearly stated. These Psykers always start the game with those psychic powers.". Is there a rule somewhere to trade that in?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Where it falls apart, though, is that the Raider isn't part of the Harlequin unit and therefore won't be affected. Oh well, it was a fun thought exercise but alas, invalid.

Ah well, thank you both for clearing that up. It was nice to have a vague flicker of hope, though.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Heldrakes are pretty junk now. One attack on Vector Strike just isn't enough to be reliable damage against vehicles and the Baleflamer alone doesn't really justify 170 points.

Doesn't the Helldrake have a special rule that gives it D3 + 1 vector strikes inside the CSM codex?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
So, FAQS are out. Time to buy 500 boxes of horros :shepicide: Atleast runic weapons still stop psychic powers on a +4

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 27, 2014

Germ
May 7, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Doesn't the Helldrake have a special rule that gives it D3 + 1 vector strikes inside the CSM codex?

Nope. The verbiage in the Codex gives them the vector strike special rule at strength 7. The D3+1 was from the USR in the base rulebook.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So in the Iyanden FAQ, designating a Wraithknight as your Warlord now makes it a character.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
have it fight in a challenge against a Knight or whatever, loser-leaves-town match w/r/t supremacy of the galaxy

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Arbite posted:

Ah well, thank you both for clearing that up. It was nice to have a vague flicker of hope, though.

I hear ya, man. My brother plays Dark Eldar, and he hasn't been a happy ham since they took away his Haemonculi on Hellboards.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Sephyr posted:

Is it me or are these completely at odds with the psychic discipline access table listed in the BRB?

Can Lords of Change pick powers from every discipline but sanctic daemonology or are they limited to Tzeentch, Divination and Daemonology? Can Sorcerers take Divination and Force? Can anyone in the CSM book take Telekinesis powers at all?

The availability of most disciplines is unchanged, folks just got access to Daemonology in addition to other stuff. That means that a Lord of Change will have Change, Divination, and Daemonology available to it. Force isn't something you have to "take"- if you have a force weapon you get it, if you don't you don't. Divination and Telekinesis are listed in the CSM column (and Divination in the SM column) because there are ways to get access to them- the Crimson's Laughter relic and Ahriman for CSM, Tigurius for SM.

CyberLord XP posted:

Is this a thing? Does GoI move transports too?

It does not. Gate ONLY moves the psyker and their unit, and your transport (dedicated or not) is not your unit. In fact, you can't even CAST powers while inside a transport, so it's rather a moot consideration.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

AbusePuppy posted:

It does not. Gate ONLY moves the psyker and their unit, and your transport (dedicated or not) is not your unit. In fact, you can't even CAST powers while inside a transport, so it's rather a moot consideration.

Just found out that little caveat too, though you can cast powers--provided they are witchfire, and provided there's a fire point to shoot out of.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

God loving damnit GW. Space Wolves first trying to nullify a power on a 4+ diceroll, and then using deny the witch which denies on 2+ because you have 4 runepriests. :psyduck: :psypop: :psyboom:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

The availability of most disciplines is unchanged, folks just got access to Daemonology in addition to other stuff. That means that a Lord of Change will have Change, Divination, and Daemonology available to it. Force isn't something you have to "take"- if you have a force weapon you get it, if you don't you don't. Divination and Telekinesis are listed in the CSM column (and Divination in the SM column) because there are ways to get access to them- the Crimson's Laughter relic and Ahriman for CSM, Tigurius for SM.

That still makes no sense. Why bar Telekinesis for CSM is their codex states they can use it? And why allow Divination on the table if it's only granted by one artifact in a supplement? In fact, so single entry in the Daemons books allows Telekinesis, and yet it has a big green check on the chart.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

DJ Dizzy posted:

God loving damnit GW. Space Wolves first trying to nullify a power on a 4+ diceroll, and then using deny the witch which denies on 2+ because you have 4 runepriests. :psyduck: :psypop: :psyboom:

SW are really fantasy dwarfs in space and therefore get bonuses to dispelling DtW.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Not a viking posted:

SW are really fantasy dwarfs in space and therefore get bonuses to dispelling DtW.

4 rune priests it is then!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They only get that bonus when they're personally denying. You're still rolling sixes to stop blessings and conjurations because as written no UNIT is denying on those rolls. But at least you're close to immune to witchfire and curses!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

DJ Dizzy posted:

So, FAQS are out. Time to buy 500 boxes of horros :shepicide: Atleast runic weapons still stop psychic powers on a +4

Remember what happened to all those people that bought flamers after the WD rules came out, before you run out and buy a ton of horrors...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ghost Hand posted:

Remember what happened to all those people that bought flamers after the WD rules came out, before you run out and buy a ton of horrors...

...? What's the end of the sentence?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

jng2058 posted:

I hear ya, man. My brother plays Dark Eldar, and he hasn't been a happy ham since they took away his Haemonculi on Hellboards.

This was a weird nerf in the transition to the new book. They also took away jetbike archons because???

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

TheChirurgeon posted:

...? What's the end of the sentence?

That's it. GW nerfed Flamers massively after everyone had rushed out and bought every flamer they could lay their hands on. GH is suggesting he not rush out and buy a shitload of Horrors.

Concerning the table in the Psychic deck, I think it's best to just forget it. It's not in the main book, some of it doesn't tally with the BRB/FAQs, so pretend it doesn't exist.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It took them close to a year to nerf Flamers and Screamers. Plus, it only happened because a new Daemon codex came out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lungboy posted:

That's it. GW nerfed Flamers massively after everyone had rushed out and bought every flamer they could lay their hands on. GH is suggesting he not rush out and buy a shitload of Horrors.

That never stops being funny though. Its what power gamers deserve.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ojetor posted:

It took them close to a year to nerf Flamers and Screamers. Plus, it only happened because a new Daemon codex came out.

The WD daemon update was in August 2012. The 6th ed Daemon codex was March 2013. So it was 7 months. 7 months of glorious sales.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lungboy posted:

Concerning the table in the Psychic deck, I think it's best to just forget it. It's not in the main book, some of it doesn't tally with the BRB/FAQs, so pretend it doesn't exist.

On a similar note, from the allies matrix in the basic rulebook, it would seem to indicate that imperial factions (aside from space marines, who now have an exception in the FAQ as long as different chapter tactics are used) cannot actually ally with each other since the book says that "allied detachments can't be from the same faction as your main detachment" and Armies of the Imperium are listed as a single faction. Amazing.

serious gaylord posted:

That never stops being funny though. Its what power gamers deserve.

What about the non-power gamers who bought flamers though? They seem p cool

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Armies of the Imperium isn't a Faction, it's a group of Factions.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hmm... new Marine FAQ gives a bit of a buff to Pedro. http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Space_Marines_v1.0_May14.pdf

Unbound list of Pedro and a ton of Sternguard, secure them objectives!

I am also hating the Ork FAQ for Weirdboyz, thankfully it's not valid for long with the book around the corner.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Armies of the Imperium isn't a Faction, it's a group of Factions.

I get that you know that, having played 40k for some time now. Likewise, I wasn't confused by it either. But it's still worded poorly and would be confusing if you were new*

*who are we kidding here

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 27, 2014

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

panascope posted:

Heldrakes are pretty junk now. One attack on Vector Strike just isn't enough to be reliable damage against vehicles and the Baleflamer alone doesn't really justify 170 points.

They are FAR from junk. They are appropriate now. And I play them. I am happy to see them brought down a bit. Now people will stop complaining about them.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ghost Hand posted:

They are FAR from junk. They are appropriate now. And I play them. I am happy to see them brought down a bit. Now people will stop complaining about them.

Exactly. When the original FAQ came out it was like "Wow, thanks even though we never asked for this"

I originally figured it would be ruled as a turret or 180 degree weapon at best.

Now going into hover mode might actually be a thing again

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Ghost Hand posted:

Now people will stop complaining about them.

Don't be daft! :) People still bitch about Draigo being OP, when he wasn't even OP to begin with.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Rulebook Heavily posted:

They only get that bonus when they're personally denying. You're still rolling sixes to stop blessings and conjurations because as written no UNIT is denying on those rolls. But at least you're close to immune to witchfire and curses!

Not really, the exact wording is "Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to Deny the Witch rolls" It doesn't specify that he has to be the one denying the witch.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lungboy posted:

Don't be daft! :) People still bitch about Draigo being OP, when he wasn't even OP to begin with.

He was if you were awful at 40k!

I loved my Draigo and Crowe army.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Lungboy posted:

heh I know - but at least I can always point to it now and say "What are you talking about!? I got nerfed!"

Thundercracker posted:

Exactly. When the original FAQ came out it was like "Wow, thanks even though we never asked for this"

I originally figured it would be ruled as a turret or 180 degree weapon at best.

Now going into hover mode might actually be a thing again

Totally with you on this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DJ Dizzy posted:

Not really, the exact wording is "Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to Deny the Witch rolls" It doesn't specify that he has to be the one denying the witch.

Weren't you going to quit playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Fix posted:

Weren't you going to quit playing?

What you take someone seriously when they say that in a discussion thread?

• Locked thread