Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fix posted:

Weren't you going to quit playing?

Weren't we all? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Fix posted:

Weren't you going to quit playing?

As I stated, I will still be playing apocalypse and Heralds of Ruin, atleast until they sort-of fix summoning.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Thundercracker posted:

I originally figured it would be ruled as a turret or 180 degree weapon at best.

What do you mean "at best"? What's better than a 360 degree fire arc from a turret?

Hull mount is pretty funny though, it can't hit poo poo that's close to it in the front now since the narrow end will have to be in a 45 degree arc from the nose of the thing, and the broad end can't go backwards. Unless Torrent rules changed.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The Gate posted:

What do you mean "at best"? What's better than a 360 degree fire arc from a turret?

Hull mount is pretty funny though, it can't hit poo poo that's close to it in the front now since the narrow end will have to be in a 45 degree arc from the nose of the thing, and the broad end can't go backwards. Unless Torrent rules changed.

Torrent rules have not changed. Big end's gotta be farther away than the small end.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

DJ Dizzy posted:

Not really, the exact wording is "Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to Deny the Witch rolls" It doesn't specify that he has to be the one denying the witch.

The BRB states that "If none of your units were the target of the enemy's psychic power you can still attempt to Deny the Witch. To do so, follow the same process, but apply no modifiers to your dice rolls."

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

AbusePuppy posted:

The availability of most disciplines is unchanged, folks just got access to Daemonology in addition to other stuff. That means that a Lord of Change will have Change, Divination, and Daemonology available to it. Force isn't something you have to "take"- if you have a force weapon you get it, if you don't you don't. Divination and Telekinesis are listed in the CSM column (and Divination in the SM column) because there are ways to get access to them- the Crimson's Laughter relic and Ahriman for CSM, Tigurius for SM.

It does not. Gate ONLY moves the psyker and their unit, and your transport (dedicated or not) is not your unit. In fact, you can't even CAST powers while inside a transport, so it's rather a moot consideration.
Is this new? Because I would swear the psyker could also bless himself or the unit he was embarked with.

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010
Someone looked at the Catacomb Command Barge and decided "Man, gently caress that thing". Which makes me a bit sad. Ghost arks also took somewhat of a beating, but they are still okay. Can not help feeling the roboman codex got a little less fun though with some units toned down and psychic stuff being flung about. Even if comp rules will keep it very much workable.

Need to get some games played by the new rules though.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

JerryLee posted:

Is this new? Because I would swear the psyker could also bless himself or the unit he was embarked with.

It is. You can now only witchfire out of a transport, and only if it has fire points.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So has anyone considered how the armies are going to interact with the new mission point system?

Eldar seem to have a leg up here:
- Swooping Hawks deepstriking without scatter onto an objective and claiming it, skyleaping only to come back later and do it again.
- Eldar jetbikes, as troops, will have the uncontested rule and can move 42" in a turn.
- Warp Spiders are also an exceedingly effective objective grabber now.

I think like 2/3 of the cards are objectives...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Woah Faqs are out time to see how badly my Necrons got hosed.

Also, please tell me they clarified Psychic Pilot.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Did you just skip the last few pages of the thread to post that?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ooh, yeah. I hadn't thought about it, but Swooping Hawks are loving great now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Tadhg posted:

Did you just skip the last few pages of the thread to post that?

I just saw that people were posted went back and heaved a sigh of relief to see that there is not in fact a " Replace Army with " Give opposing player a dirty handjob for all entries".

Really happy that they fixed some things.

Oh in Regards to the Catacomb Command Barge it in fact gained a bunch of advantages it previously did not have so yes, it is good. It lost some stuff but you no longer have to worry about not killing a unit then getting shot to pieces because your not in close combat technically.

I like that Eldar Flying thing can turn into a Greater Daemon and Summon Daemons. That makes sense.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 27, 2014

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
That Knights FAQ... I would be loving passed off if I bought the Knights book

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Eldar have to be really happy now that they have a vehicle that can turn into a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh.

Edit:

Looking at the Blood Angels list it looks like they may have finally fixed Commander Dante or whoever it was that was technically not a independent character and could not join squads.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 27, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

^^^^ Which one is that?

Lord Twisted posted:

"Ignore this book. Thanks for the money."

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Twisted posted:

More so than for having bought a book with rules for two models in it?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Dagon posted:

It is. You can now only witchfire out of a transport, and only if it has fire points.

Well, I guess at least the psyker can now bless after getting out of the transport, so it's not as bad as it could have been.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Fix posted:

^^^^ Which one is that?

"Ignore this book. Thanks for the money."

That Nightbringerofdoom or something like that the one flyer they have I think.

Blood Angel's Furioso Dreadnoughts became pretty bad rear end. Yes, I will pick Telepathy. You need 6s to hit me I am invisible.

Weirdly they have access to Biomancy :stare:

Everyone get's Faqs*

*Except Tyranids. Seriously how hard is it fix one stupid rule, Shadow in the Warp.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 27, 2014

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Eldar have to be really happy now that they have a vehicle that can turn into a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh.

Edit:

Looking at the Blood Angels list it looks like they may have finally fixed Commander Dante or whoever it was that was technically not a independent character and could not join squads.

Jets turning into Daemons sounds cool as gently caress.

Where and what are you reading regarding BA? The only non-IC HQs in BA are Mephiston, DC Tycho and The Sanguinor. Are all "Characters" just "Independent Characters" now? Because just based on the FAQ it seems like it turned every IC into a Character and now none of them can join units.

Hollismason posted:

That Nightbringerofdoom or something like that the one flyer they have I think.

Blood Angel's Furioso Dreadnoughts became pretty bad rear end. Yes, I will pick Telepathy. You need 6s to hit me I am invisible.

Weirdly they have access to Biomancy :stare:

BA has always had access to those BRB powers. Whether or not you counted Furioso Librarians as being "Librarians" in terms of the game rules has always been a bit of a debate: they are Librarians in the fluff and have Librarian in their name but some people think they didn't get access to the BRB powers but the BRB powers sucked on Furioso Librarians anyways. Having a 5+ cover save in your opponent's shooting phase and being able to move 12" in your movement phase has always been the best option for them. Now that might change but being able to move 12" at a time is still really powerful.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 27, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord Twisted posted:

Yeah, I'm really not overly impressed to have bought a book and then a few weeks later read an FAQ that says "everything bar the optional Knightly Ranks rule? Tear it out."

I'm still happy with the book as a fluff piece because genuinely new fluff in 40k was really nice. But yeah, if I were more into gaming than collecting I'd be spitting feathers.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I really can't see any argument for Hemlocks actually managing to get Daemonology powers. Psychic shriek is arguable, but nothing more.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Pacheeco posted:

Jets turning into Daemons sounds cool as gently caress.

Where and what are you reading regarding BA? The only non-IC HQs in BA are Mephiston, DC Tycho and The Sanguinor. Are all "Characters" just "Independent Characters" now? Because just based on the FAQ it seems like it turned every IC into a Character and now none of them can join units.

I think that's what that means now. Although gonan laugh sohard if it's the opposite. It just says (Character). So I think that's it's type or something let me look.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I think that's what that means now. Although gonan laugh sohard if it's the opposite. It just says (Character). So I think that's it's type or something let me look.

I wish I had the new rulebook to check these things but apparently, according to GW, "pre-order and pick it up in-store on release day" actually means "get it sometime next week maybe, I don't know; thanks for the money".

VVVVVVVVVVV That makes sense although I really hope they make The Sanguinor an IC or at least able to join Sanguinary Guard in their new codex.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 27, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Character is a unit subtype. Independent Character is a rule.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Ojetor posted:

The BRB states that "If none of your units were the target of the enemy's psychic power you can still attempt to Deny the Witch. To do so, follow the same process, but apply no modifiers to your dice rolls."

Oh, fair enough.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are we feeling that psychics are the next big thing? Do take all comer lists now require somebody to 'debuff' and counter enemy spells?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BULBASAUR posted:

Are we feeling that psychics are the next big thing? Do take all comer lists now require somebody to 'debuff' and counter enemy spells?

Yes. Unless you agree to skip magic and play a game of spacemen from the future shooting and punching each other rather than hot Merlin on Merlin action.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Yes, Absolutely . They for some reason changed Daemons the way they choose Heralds. Each Detachment can now have 4.

Summoning Daemons is here to stay especially with the changes. My favorite has to be that with a combined arms you can have

5 Soul Grinders
6 Heralds
4 Squads 16 of Pink Horrors
That's 30 Power Dice and that's not even close to being powerful.
Fun!!

You can do all kinds of poo poo now with Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons which is cool just any other army is gonna not come close at all to what Chaos Daemons can put out in a Battleforged or Combined Arms list with out just taking a Unbound list.

Eldar can KIND of come close. Everyone else No.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If your opponent is not spamming summoning, what exactly are psykers doing that you really give a poo poo about?

Hollismason posted:

Yes, Absolutely . They for some reason changed Daemons the way they choose Heralds. Each Detachment can now have 4.

This isn't new, a single 'Herald' HQ slot in C:CD allowed you to bring 4 Heralds.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

If your opponent is not spamming summoning, what exactly are psykers doing that you really give a poo poo about?

This isn't new, a single 'Herald' HQ slot in C:CD allowed you to bring 4 Heralds.

No, it didn't work that way, this was a huge argument. Just your primary not allied detachment got this. It doesn't matter it's a old rule.

Uh. Pink Horrors and Heralds of Tzeentch do have shooting attacks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Oh, I read 'each detachment' and saw 'primary detachment'.

The Lore of Change shooting attacks aren't new, though. If you didn't care about them before you're probably not going to start a Space Wolves psyker-hate list now.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

BULBASAUR posted:

Maybe not. You can still throw your base D6 power dice to deny opponent's powers, which will probably do nothing. If you have your own space wizard, you now have D6 + 1 or 2 dice to deny, plus get a bonus if their space wizard targets your space wizard. Realistically, it might be possible to just get another squad instead of a wizard and then just shoot their wizard in his big wizard face.

If they spam psykers, I don't think you'll be that better off with a token (black) wizard instead of having no wizards at all, since they could just push through any power they want anyway.

Wizard wizard wizard.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hollismason posted:

No, it didn't work that way, this was a huge argument. Just your primary not allied detachment got this. It doesn't matter it's a old rule.

Uh. Pink Horrors and Heralds of Tzeentch do have shooting attacks.
Which require their own dice and aren't nearly as strong as summoning more units most of the time. Wow! 2d6 S5 shots that can give the unit FNP! And it takes two Warp Charges to have a decent chance of manifesting it! And it is easier to deny than a Blessing or Conjuration!

I like Tzeentch, but the psychic shooting isn't really that uniquely brutal. If I want, on average, 7 S5 shots from a unit, I could just take Fire Warriors.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yes it doesn't look impressive until you realize

1. Heralds of Tzeentch can pick Divination ( in fact you want them to at least 2 of them) and become an absolute gunboat now with ST5 shots.

In fact you actually don't want to spend all your stuff on just Daemonology because you want to be able to get Misfortune and Precognition alongwith Fortune thing. Why?

Fortune on a SoulGrinder that has Cursed Earth up has a 3+ reroll 1 Invulnerable. You thought that having 1 Seerstar was bad, have 4 3+ invulnerable Soul Grinders running at you with that is not fun at all.

Daemons will most certainly be a top tier army next to Eldar.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Oh, I read 'each detachment' and saw 'primary detachment'.

The Lore of Change shooting attacks aren't new, though. If you didn't care about them before you're probably not going to start a Space Wolves psyker-hate list now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMAAP6HWfw

EDIT: Also that he was conjuring Daemonettes rather than more Horrors capable of shooting more poo poo. Also that he actually stopped summoning as much as he could.
VVVV

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 28, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah and that guy was messing around. There's no real reason to even take Fateweaver, you want to take a Bluescribe.

Blue Scribes somehow became one of the best units in the entire codex with the FAQ.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Pacheeco posted:

In the Ork FAQ, all the HQs like the Warboss and even Gaz are listed as Type: Infantry (Character). He's probably reading something similar for BA. I think it doesn't matter though, because Gaz and the Warboss also have the IC special rule, which overrides the type.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Squifferific posted:

a token (black) wizard

Do you mean jet black or African American?

Part of me wants to start my dream "eldar with modified dark eldar models" army with a shitload of psykers riding bikes, but then part of me likes money and hates this hobby. I just think a swooping hawks / warp spider / jetseer army would be fun as hell now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
The Blue Scribe's functionality didn't change in the FAQ, did it? All they did was change the language of the Scrolls to work in 7th.

• Locked thread