Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

If your brain was wired so that you were not in the right meat husk, wouldn't that mean your brain was malfunctioning in the first place. Since by the very facts & ownage of reality, you are in the same body from start to finish

Different wiring doesn't mean malfunction automatically you loving retards.

A constituent of basal ganglia is slighty different CLEARLY THIS MEANS YOU ARE NOT OF SOUND MIND AND CANNOT MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

Fat people who wanna be skinny go for a jog while eating less. Some people wanna be stronger and start body building. Some people dont want to be the gender they were born as and fix it.

This is like the magazine game where out of three sentences, you pick the one that is insane

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fireless Phoenix posted:

Except they don't so.......................

what is this are you 8 years old on the internet for the first time

you're not even making arguments you're just going 'NUH UH'

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

If your brain was wired so that you were not in the right meat husk, wouldn't that mean your brain was malfunctioning in the first place. Since by the very facts & ownage of reality, you are in the same body from start to finish

Or it would mean your body is not right and your brain is. Seeing as there's a solution to occurrences of this I'm going to keep on transitioning.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

lol ok tell me more about brain mechanics

dipshits what does that even matter they're obviously of sound enough mind to make medical decisions according to the doctor so who cares. if I want to surgically alter my head to install horns I should be allowed to.

Its easier for you to install horns than it is to look and be how I want.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

psyopmonkey posted:

Not at all. Sexuality and gender are separate things. Ive always been bi.

I just prefer women more now because its less about sex and other stupid crap I dont care about.

I know sexuality and gender are separate and didn't expect you to turn bi. I was just curious if you had different tendencies at different times or anything since my amateur guess would be hormones might do stuff with attractiveness of people or whatever.

Mrenda posted:

Crazy isn't it? Denying a loving law of science! Next they'll be saying you can fly from New York to Paris despite loving gravity!

Oh certainly a dirigible could be constructed large enough for the voyage but it would be ruinously expensive. The idea is outlandish poppycock.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

Its easier for you to install horns than it is to look and be how I want.

Obviously but it's just an example of how people should have control over their bodies regardless of whether or not other people think they are wrong for thinking that way.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
So, what I am saying is that I want to be nice and supportive to people, and it doesn't really matter to me whether troons are dramacrazy or just have a legit medical problem. I just want them to disavow rape by deception and to accept that I am going to use gender words according to how they make sense to me and not how they make sense to someone else's made up poo poo. kthx/

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
i honestly feel bad for troons + troons friends/families and everyday i thank the skydaddy that i wasnt born messed up to be a troon.

transitioning must be so hard; if my child wanted to transition, i'd feel like they murdered the boy/girl i knew and an impostor had replaced my sweet child :smith:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Moridin920 posted:

if I want to surgically alter my head to install horns I should be allowed to.
Agreed.

We're ok with bodybuilders juicing, let people go in the opposite direction if they want.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

does it really matter if the solution in both cases is hormones/surgery/whatever else?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Mrenda posted:

Or it would mean your body is not right and your brain is. Seeing as there's a solution to occurrences of this I'm going to keep on transitioning.

Break this down for me. I'm really curious about the medical benefits of surgically altering humans to fit their internal perceptions of themselves, on how account of incredibly insane it sounds :D

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Agreed.

We're ok with bodybuilders juicing, let people go in the opposite direction if they want.

Agreed! Just no rape and no tumblrwords.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fireless Phoenix posted:

i honestly feel bad for gays + gays friends/families and everyday i thank the skydaddy that i wasnt born messed up to be a gay.

coming out must be so hard; if my child wanted to come out, i'd feel like they murdered the boy/girl i knew and an impostor had replaced my sweet child :smith:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sabel posted:

Agreed.

is this a joke about how making yourself hornier is the opposite of taking steroids and dimishing your sex drive :confused:

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Nice try but that doesn't really work

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

So, what I am saying is that I want to be nice and supportive to people, and it doesn't really matter to me whether troons are dramacrazy or just have a legit medical problem. I just want them to disavow rape by deception and to accept that I am going to use gender words according to how they make sense to me and not how they make sense to someone else's made up poo poo. kthx/

i agree

also dont force yourself on me as a NORMAL woman/man.

troons in other communities (hijrahs for instance) are content to acknowledge themselves as aberrations

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fireless Phoenix posted:

Nice try but that doesn't really work

lots of people will express the exact sentiment you do about gays. gj with the unintentional irony

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Break this down for me. I'm really curious about the medical benefits of surgically altering humans to fit their internal perceptions of themselves, on how account of incredibly insane it sounds :D

Because it works when it comes to trans people. When people make that change they become happier and the problems previously either lessen or go away completely. The problems people report after transitioning are generally to do with how society treats them, people who are treated well live happy lives.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
You can turn puberty on or off just by spending a few minutes meditating and really concentrating on it each day.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Mrenda posted:

Because it works when it comes to trans people. When people make that change they become happier and the problems previously either lessen or go away completely. The problems people report after transitioning are generally to do with how society treats them, people who are treated well live happy lives.

well apart from the 40% suicide rate, of course.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

lots of people will express the exact sentiment you do about gays. gj with the unintentional irony

maybe back when people had to lead double lives but not anymore. troons will always have the dual identity thing though since they make such a dramatic shift (by choice ofc).

again, nice attempt there friend

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

circ dick soleil posted:

You can turn puberty on or off just by spending a few minutes meditating and really concentrating on it each day.

i like to go into Options -> Disable Puberty personally

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fireless Phoenix posted:

maybe back when people had to lead double lives but not anymore.
homophobia is over :hf:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Trans people who lie and try to trick people are bad.

People have absolute agency over their bodies. Medical professionals should help people to be happy and healthy.

Compassion is important on all sides. Gender pronouns and special snowflake'ism shouldn't be forced; the idea of who you are at birth shouldnt be forced either.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
not sure how preventing your body from healing a wound between your legs by shoving a medical dildo up there is "healthy" but okay!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fireless Phoenix posted:

i like to go into Options -> Disable Puberty personally

Ctrl shift esc
Goto processes
Kill process tree for puberty_male.exe

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

Ctrl shift esc
Goto processes
Kill process tree for puberty_male.exe

puberty would probably run as a service tbh

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fireless Phoenix posted:

not sure how preventing your body from healing a wound between your legs by shoving a medical dildo up there is "healthy" but okay!

Grea rebuttal. Very mature.

:rolleyes:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
See, Sabel, I am the reasonable one.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
You are slime.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

You are slime.

Thats not nice. Quit being a mean old hobo.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Fireless Phoenix posted:

i agree

also dont force yourself on me as a NORMAL woman/man.

troons in other communities (hijrahs for instance) are content to acknowledge themselves as aberrations

They're pretty much okay so long as they don't think they're people

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

CountButtula posted:

They're pretty much okay so long as they don't think they're people

The DOD already stole my humanity, so im good.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Obviously but it's just an example of how people should have control over their bodies regardless of whether or not other people think they are wrong for thinking that way.

You're a creepy mother fucker

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

Grea rebuttal. Very mature.

:rolleyes:

It is true though, its like the opposite of healthy although I personally could have lived without the mental image. FYI the people that resolve their mental illnesses that are co-morbid with 'gender dysphoria', which again is not even real, no longer have the completely insane problem of believing themselves in the wrong body. To be 100% clear, it is impossible, at this time, and forever, to be in the 'wrong' body. You can think you are, but actually, it's just your only body

Moridin920 posted:

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

It is true though, its like the opposite of healthy although I personally could have lived without the mental image. FYI the people that resolve their mental illnesses that are co-morbid with 'gender dysphoria', which again is not even real, no longer have the completely insane problem of believing themselves in the wrong body. To be 100% clear, it is impossible, at this time, and forever, to be in the 'wrong' body. You can think you are, but actually, it's just your only body

Trying to find out if conversion therapy works for troons. Internet discussion wraps it up with conversion therapy for gay people which is pretty wtf

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Im not in the wrong body. Im just changing the one I have to suit what I think it should be.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

Im not in the wrong body. Im just changing the one I have to suit what I think it should be.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

People can do what they like to themselves and should be free to do it, even if its dumb or crazy. As long as they don't burdern other people :) But there's still this small matter of that extremely loving queer poo poo you said about giving kids hormones to avoid the 'forced change' of puberty

• Locked thread