Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
although joseph smith was the ultimate stud he cucked like 15 guys in the 1800s before it was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Xenocides posted:

It's "Bishop's Storehouse".
have you ever had to eat anything from there? it how mormons passive-agressively punish poor people.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

brick cow posted:

that costs a hundred million dollars so that mormons can baptize dead people's souls.

this is one of my biggest problems with the church, the have economic power to be a real force for good and charity and they waste it all this make believe stuff that i figured out was horse poo poo when i was 14.

(if any of the real mormons in here says "bishop's warehouse" i'm gonna personally punch them in the face)

What's wrong with the warehouses? A cursory googling made them seem like a good idea.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

brick cow posted:

have you ever had to eat anything from there? it how mormons passive-agressively punish poor people.

I love the instant mashed potatoes.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
You know what I miss, Xenocides? My mom. Can I have her back please? I'll accede to whatever ransom demands your leaders want (it's monetary since your leaders are literally Mammon lol). I just don't want her to be brainwashed any more. :(

Also could you please tell her member friends to stop inviting themselves over to her house whenever they want. It's sort of weird--just like the rest of the church.

Xenocides posted:

bitch members spend most of their time complaining

You sound like a loving nazi, dude. "Quit complaining and obey your betters!" You're sick. Superiority complex much?

BoothsBeard posted:

This is common across various religions

You guys always bring this up when somebody says something inconvenient about the church. Guess what? It does not absolve you of wrong.

Console Role Player fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 27, 2014

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Yeah there's no family pressure in my religion. Gnostic athiest. Debate me, bitch!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The lead singer of the Aquabats is a mormon.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
How do Mormons feel about the play the south park guys did? Is there a general consensus or is it kinda all over the place?

naem
May 29, 2011

BoothsBeard posted:

I am glad to see this thread so active; people talking about the Lord in any capacity, even in argument, is a good thing. I am further heartened to hear the testimony of fellow Latter Day Saints here.

Thank you and God Bless.

Yes and bless you, lord Kevin, god, and praise you, may many soon worship you instead of Jesus Christ!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Oh and I think one of the guys who worked on New Vegas is a mormon because the Honest Hearts DLC is a lot nicer to Mormons than, well, everything else.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Mormons love being in the spotlight as this thread clearly demonstrates. Everyone I've talked to loved Matt Stone and Trey Parker's "The Book of Mormon." They're definitely "any publicity is good publicity" kind of people.

edit: If they're under thirty they saw it and loved it (or at least bought the CD). If they're over forty they haven't seen it and they're not gonna see it.

Console Role Player fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 27, 2014

BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014

Console Role Player posted:

Mormons love being in the spotlight as this thread clearly demonstrates. Everyone I've talked to loved Matt Stone and Trey Parker's "The Book of Mormon." They're definitely "any publicity is good publicity" kind of people.

You sound very bitter. That is a negative emotion to harbor and although I am glad that you are using one of the greatest of God's gifts, free will, I will continue to pray for you.

Thank you and God Bless.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

It's funny, because I don't think it would work near as well if the missionaries weren't white. I'm black and I was a member of the church till I was ~20, my mum's been a member since she was ~13, and a couple of my aunts since a similar early age. Yet we've never seen non-white missionaries.

Do they get sent off to foreign countries in greater rates or something?

nah the jehovah's witnesses get to 'em first

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

catpowerd posted:

How do Mormons feel about the play the south park guys did? Is there a general consensus or is it kinda all over the place?

The Book of Mormon play is less fictional than the actual Book of Mormon.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh

catpowerd posted:

Most Mormons won't give it a chance, already "knowing" that they don't like it. My roommate gave me weird looks when I put on the soundtrack one night, saying something like "isn't that really bad?" I personally think its great. The satire is really spot on, and it doesn't malign us or anything. It would be very easy for an uptight Mormon to point out everything the musical got wrong, but the point wasn't to be accurate, the point was to be entertaining, at which it excels.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

catpowerd posted:

No real consensus. It got us some free publicity. Most of us are pretty hard to offend though exceptions exist. We mock our own culture all the time so while some are miffed about outsiders doing it or getting it wrong most just don't care or are bemused. We are probably not going out in droves to see it but we are not going to grab signboards and picket it either.

The South Park creators have a weird love/hate relationship with our faith. They seem to like us but see as kind of crazy. They have some grasp of the faith but the details get hazy. They know the culture more then the religion. I think the LDS opinion on them is roughly:

"You've got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls."

BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014

King Gonorrhea posted:

Most Mormons won't give it a chance, already "knowing" that they don't like it. My roommate gave me weird looks when I put on the soundtrack one night, saying something like "isn't that really bad?" I personally think its great. The satire is really spot on, and it doesn't malign us or anything. It would be very easy for an uptight Mormon to point out everything the musical got wrong, but the point wasn't to be accurate, the point was to be entertaining, at which it excels.

I thought it was great that it got people talking about the Book of Mormon.

Thank you and God Bless.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

catpowerd posted:

I remember seeing a lot of local stories of Mormons who had gone to see it, and their reactions were generally lukewarm to good.

It's seriously loving hilarious and I recommended everyone listen to it.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

BoothsBeard posted:

I will continue to pray for you.

Thanks, dude...

BoothsBeard posted:

I am glad that you are using one of the greatest of God's gifts, free will

...but shove off. You know you can't wait for me to bounce around for eternity suffering in outer darkness. That'll show me.

BoothsBeard posted:

You sound very bitter. That is a negative emotion to harbor

That's why I'm bleeding it out anonymously on the internet.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

BoothsBeard posted:

I thought it was great that it got people talking about the Book of Mormon.

Thank you and God Bless.

Your mere existence is offensive. Every breath you take, every effort you think you're making for your Lord is actually an act of violence and vengeance against the one true God.

Everything you have ever been taught is wrong. You are spreading lies and filth. God bless.

Unless of course you're a troll in which case, ya got me broseph.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
I've never heard a mormon say "god bless", i think thats more a southern cultural thing rather than religion

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh

visuvius posted:

Unless of course you're a troll in which case, ya got me broseph.

He got you.

naem
May 29, 2011

BoothsBeard posted:

You sound very bitter. That is a negative emotion to harbor and although I am glad that you are using one of the greatest of God's gifts, free will, I will continue to pray for you.

Thank you and God Bless.

And bless you, lord Kevin! Truely though art a wise god!

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
hail interplanetary satan

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

brick cow posted:

as a mormon goon god i demand you give me 1 dollar out of that

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If these dildos keep successfully trolling you tards for another half page I'm going to get some of them ooga booga underpants and join the moon crickets' cult of horseshit myself. Pork me a ration of wide-hipped white-rear end bitches with no critical thinking skills yeahhh

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
everyone is punctuating and everything wth

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

baw posted:

everyone is punctuating and everything wth

You're suppose to use your Sunday-best posting skills in the mormon thread.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

King Gonorrhea posted:

After seeing Book of Mormon I was surprised that so many Mormons were down for it when the main character's story essentially mirrors that of Joseph Smith's, in that he makes up a bunch of wacky poo poo and a new religion is formed around it.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Console Role Player posted:

Thanks, dude...

...but shove off. You know you can't wait for me to bounce around for eternity suffering in outer darkness. That'll show me.

That's why I'm bleeding it out anonymously on the internet.

I think you have to be an Apostle or something and then rebel against the church to end up in outer darkness. Mormons in this thread confirm/deny?

I think most people are going to be saved according to Mormonism, just in lesser kingdoms. That's fine with me.

Anyway, if you are serious, I definitely feel your pain and anger. I've watched the local leadership ordain a child molester a high priest because he confessed to the bishop that 'it only happened once'.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress mormons, their religious education on sexual morals fucks up a lot of people.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Tujague posted:

If these dildos keep successfully trolling you tards for another half page I'm going to get some of them ooga booga underpants and join the moon crickets' cult of horseshit myself. Pork me a ration of wide-hipped white-rear end bitches with no critical thinking skills yeahhh

:toxx:

do it. it sounds like one of the best threads in awhile.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Ilikedirt posted:

hail interplanetary satan

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
mormons? more like MORONS amirite guys??? ahahahahkahahahaahahaha

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if you like the whitest white people who ever did white, boy have i got a religion for you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my mesoamerican history prof who helped translate the mayan language had some pictures of white people pretending to be mayans hanging out in chichen itza with jesus in his office to laugh at

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

just lmao

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

tango alpha delta posted:

I think you have to be an Apostle or something and then rebel against the church to end up in outer darkness. Mormons in this thread confirm/deny?

Don't have to be an apostle. Do have to have a confirming witness of the Gospel that cannot be logically denied. In most cases this means Jesus has visited you in his glory. So basically you have to live so that you get such an experience and then turn against it. No one outside the LDS faith (and its equivalent in other time periods) can get this. Cain is believed to be one. Judas Iscariot is a maybe. So not a lot.

tango alpha delta posted:

I think most people are going to be saved according to Mormonism, just in lesser kingdoms. That's fine with me.

Yep, some will go to hell first but unless you qualify as above you do get out. There are kingdoms of glory and how well you do in this life largely determines where (some is how you do after death). We have been told that the least of the kingdoms is far better then this life is now. So, pretty no matter how badly you screw up you are going to a better place. The only caveat is how much better.

Ilikedirt posted:

if you like the whitest white people who ever did white, boy have i got a religion for you

Just don't say that to the Tongans.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
so do i go to heaven even if i dont believe if your dumbass religion because if so im down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Daedra posted:

so do i go to heaven even if i dont believe if your dumbass religion because if so im down

You just won't have access to high end automobile dealers possibly.

• Locked thread