Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014
If you have found the path of Our Lord, let us know and share the news! I was baptized on a spring day much like this one and it was a turning point in my life. Please take this thread to share your own testimonies of how you found our Lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkLV1zE8M0

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Is this video accurate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jF1EG8o-Q

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The first girl to ever jerk me off in a park was a Mormon girl

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm a moron.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
moroons

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i wouldn't have a problem with a mormon goon so long as they were cool.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Next thing you will teach me is science.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I still don't understand how there are even mormons outside of the US cause the whole thing is just rewriting the bible to have Jesus go to America and say that Americans are cool actually

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also she was twelve years old and she said 'here this is how my husband likes it'

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are all mormons either weird or disgusting as hell? I work with a bunch, and quite frankly they're pretty worthless humans. I don't think they're all kiddy diddlers though, although I wouldn't be surprised if a few were.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Are goons actually gullible enough to be Mormons?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

DSauer posted:

gbs is actually the mormon subforum

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I joined this forum while still a mo-mo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

DSauer posted:

they buy imaginary spaceships for games they can't play and shacks for hot dogs they can't eat

E: but no, not that loving stupid

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 27, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

loving MORONS

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm not trying to be all 'religion sucks checkmate god fedora' but every explanation of the Mormon belief structure I've ever seen sounded like something a not-very-bright guy coughed up in order to flimflam only the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. If you're even a little bit intellectually curious, I don't think they want you in the fold and I'm reasonably sure they can't keep you.

I read some angry excommunicatee's marriage diary and poo poo... and something about how God suddenly decided that black people do, in fact, have souls in 1975 and revealed it to the church through a process the Mormons don't fully understand, and the Masonic symbols on the magic underwear, and just all this low-effort hokum. I was going to say that a Mormon goon sounds impossible but what do I know I got this avatar from a genuine anthrofurry weaboo brony SA user.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Moons?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Gorgon Moons

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Tujague posted:

I read some angry excommunicatee's marriage diary and poo poo... and something about how God suddenly decided that black people do, in fact, have souls in 1975 and revealed it to the church through a process the Mormons don't fully understand, and the Masonic symbols on the magic underwear, and just all this low-effort hokum. I was going to say that a Mormon goon sounds impossible but what do I know I got this avatar from a genuine anthrofurry weaboo brony SA user.

It was 1978. The prophet(ie. leader) of the church literally has audible communication with god, jesus, and angels. Sometimes god and jesus or other prophets come and talk to the prophet in real physical badies. And there's a poo poo ton of masonianic stuff in the religious art, architecture, holy things, etc bc joseph smith saw that the masons had power and at first they refused to let him join so in order to get invited in he rear end kissed until the gave. Also the mormons believe that the masons are a secret society that has had an unbroken existance since they built solomons temple.

hth

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

whoflungpoop posted:

they buy imaginary spaceships for games they can't play and shacks for hot dogs they can't eat

E: but no, not that loving stupid

Paid 10$ to join a forum to post on.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Tujague posted:

I'm not trying to be all 'religion sucks checkmate god fedora' but every explanation of the Mormon belief structure I've ever seen sounded like something a not-very-bright guy coughed up in order to flimflam only the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. If you're even a little bit intellectually curious, I don't think they want you in the fold and I'm reasonably sure they can't keep you.

The South Park episode, All About Mormons summed it up.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Tujague posted:

something about how God suddenly decided that black people do, in fact, have souls in 1975 and revealed it to the church through a process the Mormons don't fully understand

Honestly I think the continual revelation thing is a pretty good feature for a religion to have, better than just sticking to the same text/interpretation for ever and ever even when it's clear it's not helping anyone. I fully expect in about 20-30 years they'll have a new revelation in which God tells them that gay marriage is ok by him

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Bolian Blues posted:

Honestly I think the continual revelation thing is a pretty good feature for a religion to have, better than just sticking to the same text/interpretation for ever and ever even when it's clear it's not helping anyone. I fully expect in about 20-30 years they'll have a new revelation in which God tells them that gay marriage is ok by him

thats retarded argument to make. you can't say that god is eternal and he can change. its a paradox. if you can literally talk to god he is going to tell you the right thing to do the first time.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Bolian Blues posted:

Is the 'magic hat' still around or did that disappear?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Have any of you had any contact from your dead family members that are now acting as Gods on other planets yet?
Do you think they named a continent or city after you?
Do you think that they named the tribes of alien mormons after you? That there is a Holy War out there somewhere between the Chad and Debbie people.
Also, where are the Mormon 'creationists'? The ones that deny the current genetic record that Native Americans couldn't have come from Israel, and so forth.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

demonR6 posted:

Is the 'magic hat' still around or did that disappear?

Its magic underwear

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Have any of you had any contact from your dead family members that are now acting as Gods on other planets yet?
Do you think they named a continent or city after you?
Do you think that they named the tribes of alien mormons after you? That there is a Holy War out there somewhere between the Chad and Debbie people.
Also, where are the Mormon 'creationists'? The ones that deny the current genetic record that Native Americans couldn't have come from Israel, and so forth.

No ones allowed to start until Jesus is done with this planet.

so, no

no & no

they all think this way.

I don't think mormons should be allowed to hold public office. If you can't facts like the dna stuff then how can you be trusted to make sound decisions?

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!
I dated a mormon girl in high school. Being inside on the mormon side of things was an interesting experience.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Its magic underwear

I wonder if the magic underwear are self-cleaning in the event that questionable meal from the night before causes you to shart in them because that alone would be worth the price of converting religions.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

brick cow posted:

thats retarded argument to make. you can't say that god is eternal and he can change. its a paradox. if you can literally talk to god he is going to tell you the right thing to do the first time.

I think Bolian Blues was more talking about it being good for people raised in it and others who might be affected by the religion than it making actual sense. Which if we're really gonna talk about mormonism isn't a particularly important thing honestly

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

demonR6 posted:

I wonder if the magic underwear are self-cleaning in the event that questionable meal from the night before causes you to shart in them because that alone would be worth the price of converting religions.

Actually, do washing machines wear down the magic underwear with repeated washes?
If they do, what loving luck do you have with a car crash or bullet.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Obvious troll posts a drive by thread

GBS :spergin: on it instead of gassing it

:bravo:

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Whats so wrong about talking about mormons for a bit?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

swampland posted:

Take a look at OP's posts per day and when he signed up

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

swampland posted:

Oh god he's right it's making us look like total spergs in front of everyone

what have we done

EDIT yes he is right we failed to look at the op's reg date and post count we are very autistic shiiiittttttttttttt

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Mormons make big lists of all the dead people so they can turn them into mormons. When you die the mormons will baptise you, even if you ask them not to. They've done Anne Frank like nine times already.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Take a look at OP's posts per day and when he signed up

Yeah but I dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Paid 10$ to join a forum to post on.

As a Mormon goon I consider the $10 money well spent.

• Locked thread