Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

blk posted:

Zero, happily married to a self-identified feminist.

You're trying really, really hard now. It's best to just drop it. But keep digging that hole anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
If you guys want to tell me why it's wrong to be upset when you're called names, feel free to PM me or something so the thread can move on.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

blk posted:

OK, let's change the topic since this is going nowhere.

:facepalm:

Wait, when the gently caress did that one disappear????

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Know what's awesome? Monster Trucks

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Agreed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

blk posted:

Zero, happily married to a self-identified feminist and friends with many others.

I didn't say that.

You too, buddy.

OK, let's change the topic since this is going nowhere.

Why don't you self-identify as a feminist?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Soooo anyway, a couple months ago or so I remember someone mentioning that they had gone to get their car inspected and the tech plugged something into their cigarette outlet for testing purposes and the poster wanted to know what the gently caress. I don't remember anyone providing an answer but I might have just missed it.

This is probably the answer. Short version is measuring inductance to determine when a spark plug fires and based on how often that happens (and probably some settings for number of cylinders and plugs) RPM can be determined.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Phone posted:

Why don't you self-identify as a feminist?

The word is too loaded and some female feminists I've met resent males who call themselves the same. I've helped campaign for an equal rights amendment in my state the past three times its come up and help start a job training program for low-income single mothers when I was in college. I hire women over men every time they're competitive candidates and every year I donate several hundred to several thousand dollars of goods and services to the local shelter. I think women are terribly objectified by our media and millions of men who consume that media, I think they should be legally entitled to the same pay for the same work, I think they should be legally entitled to maternity leave, I think they should have access to free reproductive and sexual health care, I think it is horrific how we do not support victims of sexual harassment, abuse, or rape, and I generally think they are unfairly treated in most walks of life and have been for thousands of years and I understand why they're pissed.

When some recent journalism grads get on the internet and think the way to solve the problem is to generalize and name call, I get upset. Perhaps my strongest belief in life is that we should treat and accomodate people the same, regardless of sex, race, fundamental abilities, ethnic extraction, etc, and our society falls far short of that. I don't think vitriol solves the problem, it just makes it worse.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

blk posted:

Agreed.

I really want to own a delorean but I don't have the skills to replace/upgrade their piece of poo poo engines so they can actually do 88mph. Also theyre probably terrible cars but they look so cool.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Great Beer posted:

I really want to own a delorean but I don't have the skills to replace/upgrade their piece of poo poo engines so they can actually do 88mph. Also theyre probably terrible cars but they look so cool.

Even if you did the weight distribution would still be terrible.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
let's put the brakes on before thread slides into the abyss

this isn't my dog

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What the gently caress happened in here :stonk:

I just want a rust-proof vehicle, dammit.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

blk posted:

Even if you did the weight distribution would still be terrible.

Convert it to rear engine, rwd and do wheelies all day

blk
Dec 19, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

let's put the brakes on before thread slides into the abyss

this isn't my dog

This isn't mine, except it is.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Phone posted:

Is it auto only with the SE trim though? I thought I saw something about how 3% of the Fiestas were special ordered with an Ecoboost and 5 speed.

Manual only on the SE. According to ford.com.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Good thing its the end of the month. god drat.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Oh so that's what they meant by "where we're going we don't need roads"...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Via cursedshitbox:

This is why you shouldn't park rovers nose down on a hill. Probably drowned a bunch of people.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

blk posted:

When the latest internet feminist campaign says men shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against generalizations in feminist debate, it pushes me off the edge. Its just as bad as what some men do to women. Just because I was born with a penis doesn't make me a chauvinist.

ok maybe this is just like a poor choice of words on your part or something because how else can this be construed in the context of the acts that we're discussing here. Like you are literally equivocating the words of some chick on the internet with like, all of recorded history re: women have been screwed over pretty loving badly. So like, maybe you're just really tone deaf or something but really you sound like those dudes who get mad at Jessie Jackson because he's mad about white people. So from one straight white dude to presumably another, don't be that guy. Really we don't need any help.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Toilet paper on goes over and not under. When it is under is guaranteed waste... always using more than you need.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

this image contains the same contents as all replies to that derail

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
sorry I had that window open for a while v:shobon:v

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Toilet paper on goes over and not under. When it is under is guaranteed waste... always using more than you need.

what about paper towels?

Or shop towls.

Organize the spice by the cap color, or alphabetically?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk just sell your Miata because women will think you're gay.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

what about paper towels?

Or shop towls.

Organize the spice by the cap color, or alphabetically?

Shop towels live in the bag I purchased them in.

Paper towels go on a vertical holder

5 spices are only needed in life. Salt, pepper, lawrys season salt, crushed red pepper and some kind of garlic. No particular order.

Savages. :colbert:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
who the gently caress doesn't cook without cumin, jesus christ what is wrong with you

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Anyone who doesn't use dill and paprika is literally hitler.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Note to self. never cooking in your house. theres 30 or so spices I cook with. gently caress anything less.

My shop towels never live in the bag. they are purchased, come home, immediately torn from the bag and used to stuff the hemorrhaging leak.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Shop towels live in the bag I purchased them in.

Paper towels go on a vertical holder

5 spices are only needed in life. Salt, pepper, lawrys season salt, crushed red pepper and some kind of garlic. No particular order.

Savages. :colbert:

No basil? No paprika? Not even ginger? Uncultured swine! Seriously, I have probably 30 herbs and spices in my rack and they all get used.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

Anyone who doesn't use dill and paprika is literally hitler.

Love dill pickles.... but I just don't have much use for dill. Maybe I'm just not using it/making the right dishes.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

leica posted:

blk just sell your Miata because women will think you're gay.

Not sure what you mean by that, so in the spirit of this forum I'm going to jump to conclusions and assume you hate gay people.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
see this is why white people are awful, god we suck

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Love dill pickles.... but I just don't have much use for dill. Maybe I'm just not using it/making the right dishes.

Learn to cook you gently caress.

and or find someone that can

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Also.. I have a shitload of spices. When we moved... holy crap. I think we have one of those medium sized totes that's just spices.

The best part of moving back home? The spice shop in town. They do tons of specialty poo poo, plus the oil selection is bad rear end.

Oh and the whiskeys. I'm not a huge whiskey man, but god drat, there's some delicious poo poo for just pouring on the rocks and sitting on the porch and sip on.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
work on cars enough and you'll like whiskey.

Even better that its a vegetable. so when someone nags you about eating healthier, just say you drink your veggies.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

rscott posted:

see this is why white people are awful, god we suck
I'm so glad I don't base my identity on the opinions of idiots :q:

Here's some more:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

Not sure what you mean by that, so in the spirit of this forum I'm going to jump to conclusions and assume you hate gay people.

Haha. People say my Miata is gay and I don't hate Miatas. So there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

One of my favorite recipes involves white fish of some sort, shrimp, lots of cheese, some dill, paprika, dried mustard, and some cayenne pepper. Plus a ridiculous amount of butter. Fortunately it gets spread over a whole lot of boiled rice, so it's more of a sauce than the actual meal and you don't instantly have a heart attack.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I passed some sort of car cruise and i have no idea what the gently caress. It was about 30% rattle canned imports, 30% lifted/lowered trucks, 30% harleys, and 10% muscle cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Krakkles posted:

I'm so glad I don't base my identity on the opinions of idiots :q:

Here's some more:

woah man you're stereotypin me here I feel very oppressed

• Locked thread