Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
so, uhm. question. if i google for amanda rosenberg nudes will google dispatch a self-driving car to take pictures of my house and post them on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
theyll dispatch cremnob to your house

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Stop reading dumb tittle-tattle sites.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cold on a Cob posted:

so, uhm. question. if i google for amanda rosenberg nudes will google dispatch a self-driving car to take pictures of my house and post them on the internet?

would you say she really spins your dreidle

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Fame Douglas posted:

Stop reading dumb tittle-tattle sites.

but i like yospos :(

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

but i like yospos :(

what's the best dirt you've read in yospos?

tbc is an unrepentant writer of php

uhh, jonny290 lived in arkansas

i got nothing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

syscall girl posted:

what's the best dirt you've read in yospos?

tbc is an unrepentant writer of php

uhh, jonny290 lived in arkansas

i got nothing

fishmech is a 60ft diameter boring machine

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

hobbesmaster posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
its ok fishmech we love u anyway ;)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Dec 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

:drat:

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

"hole"y poo poo -- this is too hosed up for YOSPOS :eyepop:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

i was near a google local advertising lounge thing set up in a nyc mall. a homeless guy saw it, laughed, and said that computers will gently caress up your mind.

should i buy or short sell google?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

do you think he meant that computers would destroy your attention span, concentration and long term memory or that they are a tool of the government and/or reptile men to control the masses?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

pseudorandom name posted:

do you think he meant that computers would destroy your attention span, concentration and long term memory or that they are a tool of the government and/or reptile men to control the masses?
they accomplish the latter by means of the former

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Brin is now taking a 10-second video of his interviewers with Glass. It is awkward in the exact same way that it is always annoying when someone uses Glass in your presence.

"Here's my hotel key, Walt, for later," Brin says, after it falls out of his pocket. "I'll keep the Glass off — I promise." WHAT IS HAPPENING

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

ever since the bush admin pulled a hard 180 on the microsoft case the tech industry has just been one gigantic tying orgy.

apple does/did it with the exclusivity of itunes to the idevices (and vice versa) and the in-app payment rules in the app store. google does it with everything and google search. amazon is trying real hard to get users to try their video streaming service by tying it to free 2 day shipping. microsoft is trying to break into single sign-on (again) by requiring you to sign up for a Microsoft Account in Win 8.

it has gotten so bad that the only way to have any chance at breaking into an occupied tech market sector now is to be one of the other monopolistic companies (like apple and ebooks) and the end-game of nearly all startups is to to hope like hell the big tech companies decide to acquire you instead of rolling out their own service via the tying of it to their major strength (what are the odds that spotify continues to exist after apple/google roll out integrated streaming services?).

the ruling against Microsoft did only harm and absolutely nothing positive.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao my dream of google blowing a gently caress load of money on tesla and uber is almost upon us

http://recode.net/2014/05/27/a-joy-ride-in-googles-new-self-driving-clown-car-video/

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ahhahahahaohmygod, that looks awful

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

like, somebody would be fired from any serious company for making a picture of that thing available

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google isnt going to make money licensing this technology to car manufacturers because they aren't going to give up margin when they've all been working on the same tech for a long time

the alternative is google gets into the highly competitive capex heavy business of being a car company lmao

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

OF COURSE the video has that stupid loving whimsical-glockenspiel type music

OF COURSE it does

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

they shouldn't have put any windows in it

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the alternative is getting contract manufacturers to make the cars so they'll end up being as good as LG made nexus phones lmao

http://jessicalessin.com/2013/08/23/exclusive-google-designing-its-own-self-driving-car-considers-robo-taxi-2/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

or they'll be in the taxi business lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmao

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Brin says he posts pictures of his kids to family. "I don't connect with a lot of people. I'm kind of weirdo. It was probably a mistake for me to be working on anything tangentially related to social to begin with."

"We already have a fleet of a million satellites — just kidding," Brin says. Nothing he can announce today. Swisher: "You would make a great Bond villain." "Also I can't talk about the Fembot project," he says.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i wonder if they bothered with any crash testing and safety engineering on that car

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao holy poo poo google

goofle

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

i wonder if they bothered with any crash testing and safety engineering on that car

i'm sure they have decent code coverage on the embedded stuff, it'll be fine

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Good grief..

Couldn't they have let the Italians or the Germans do the styling? For Christ sake that thing looks comically awful.

Not to mention hilariously impractical for anything but the smoothest of urban roads.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im the first death and also all subsequent deaths

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have a feeling anyone riding in that would die horribly if they went over a pothole

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

i have a feeling anyone riding in that would die horribly if they went over a pothole

or of embarrassment if someone saw them in it

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that kara lady looks like a dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat