Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kubo didn't know how to kill Madara, so Kaguya does it instead.

Yes, Tenten's dreamworld is Springtime of youth. It's like she's the voice of the people. :allears:

Temari showing up in Shikamaru's dream was nice...or was it Temari's dream. :tinfoil:

At least Shino has a giant bug.

Other than that, it was crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

At this point I almost wish Kubo was writing Naruto

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
On a related note, how much do you wanna bet that Kishi wouldn't even have thought to put Hanabi into Hinata's dream if the Springtime wasn't going on? Or indeed remembered that she existed at all?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rudoku posted:

I like how all that bullshit made everyone overlook the fact that Killer Bee is still alive, somehow.

Oh god drat it, Bee's blind, isn't he? That's why even in flashbacks he's wearing shades. It isn't because he wants to look cool it's to hide his eyes. He's gonna avoid the Infinite Tsukuyomi and come in for a clutch save at some point. It's dumb enough to be believable. A is for rear end in a top hat, B is for Blind. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

If he can't figure out how the first one, how can he figure out the second?

Get ready for another big bad guy reveal soon!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

slev posted:

At least it'd be fun in that case.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Aurain posted:

If he can't figure out how the first one, how can he figure out the second?

Get ready for another big bad guy reveal soon!

Next chapter: Kaguya declares that her work is done, and kills herself. This is somehow a victory via the power of friendship.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It really makes everyone's efforts before this seem really pathetic when the dude who no-sold all that poo poo gets his rear end shanked and killed like a chump in like, three pages.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

slev posted:

Japanese names all look alike. Kishimoto and Kubo, see how easy that mistake is to make? They both start with a K and end with an O.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Next chapter: Kaguya declares that her work is done, and kills herself. This is somehow a victory via the power of friendship.

I somehow expect this to happen. Probably when her sons are channeled through Naruto and Sasuke working together and she discovers the error of her ways.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

pentyne posted:

Shino riding a giant terror moth is the best thing he's drawn in years.

This is because Shino is the best, and Shino hasn't been around for years.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I actually really like Tsunade's dream world and I wish the world became that afterward.

:smith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't think we needed 5 pages of dream sequences.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sad that so many people's dream worlds involve Neji still being alive.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Just you wait Kaguya will totally be the Ten Tails in disguisee

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 28, 2014

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Say Nothing posted:

In-universe it's only been like seventeen seconds since he died.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

In-universe it's only been like seventeen seconds since he died.

Funny, that's about the same time it took for me to forget that he died.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Gaara being a happy kid with his family :smith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to see if the anime turns every single one of these dreams into their own individual episodes.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Beef Waifu posted:

I can't wait to see if the anime turns every single one of these dreams into their own individual episodes mini arcs.

Fixed that for you.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Beef Waifu posted:

I can't wait to see if the anime turns every single one of these dreams into their own individual episodes.

I'd watch the poo poo out of 30 minutes of Shikamaru being pestered by everyone to get married.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Say Nothing posted:

We can't say for sure that either Naruto or Neji survived Lee's dream. Only that Sakura finally came to her senses.

I've also decided that Hinata's dream has ghost Neji watching over her from the bushes.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All of the womens' dream worlds were about men. Literally all of them. :psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheHan posted:

All of the womens' dream worlds were about men. Literally all of them. :psyduck:

Ino's was bad, Ten Ten's was hilarious, Hinata's and Tsunade made sense, and what little characterization we got of the Mizukage it mad sense though why she was included as a relative newcomer was weird

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

TheHan posted:

Better than that, the only woman who's dream DIDN'T revolve around getting a boyfriend/husband was about passively watching the men in their lives succeed. At least Kishi is...consistent...

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Dexo posted:

Ino's was bad, Ten Ten's was hilarious, Hinata's and Tsunade made sense, and what little characterization we got of the Mizukage it mad sense though why she was included as a relative newcomer was weird

It was worth seeing her dream just to see the kages in those outfits and, also, Tsunade's hilarious face.

I think Kishi's treatment of women is so awful that showing all the dreams being about men is actually somehow an improvement. At least they're getting screen time that is consistent with their characters and not totally pathetic.

Edit: Except Ten-ten once said she wanted to be as strong as Tsunade but she doesn't get that. I guess Gai and Lee have traumatized her too greatly.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wittgen posted:

It was worth seeing her dream just to see the kages in those outfits and, also, Tsunade's hilarious face.

I think Kishi's treatment of women is so awful that showing all the dreams being about men is actually somehow an improvement. At least they're getting screen time that is consistent with their characters and not totally pathetic.

Edit: Except Ten-ten once said she wanted to be as strong as Tsunade but she doesn't get that. I guess Gai and Lee have traumatized her too greatly.

I mean baring Tsunade who has been through some poo poo(every one she loved is dead)and the Mizukage these characters are like 15-16 years old.

It's mostly all childish love poo poo and hormones at that age.

Kishimoto is accurately portraying teenagers :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

I mean baring Tsunade who has been through some poo poo(every one she loved is dead)and the Mizukage these characters are like 15-16 years old.

If that were the case then every male character would also be having dreams about love too. As it stands, out of the guys, only Chouji's and Shikamaru's dreams have anything to do with romance and Chouji's is mainly about food.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If that were the case then every male character would also be having dreams about love too. As it stands, out of the guys, only Chouji's and Shikamaru's dreams have anything to do with romance and Chouji's is mainly about food.

Kiba's is literally about being president and making his own holidays and poo poo.

Shino's is about finding the most badass bug and flying around on it.

Lee beats up his rivals and Sakura falls in love with him

Gaara's is about having a family that is alive and doesn't send assassins out to kill him along with hanging out with his best bud Naruto

Other than Gaara's some real childish poo poo :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
IT WAS ME MADARAAAAA

IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOOOONG

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Pierson posted:

IT WAS ME MADARAAAAA

IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOOOONG

AW SON OF A BITCH!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:vince:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Pierson posted:

IT WAS ME MADARAAAAA

IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOOOONG

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE CLONES BOUGHT IT

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I refuse to believe that this is not intentional self-parody. How old is Kishi? I literally - and I say that in the literal sense of the word, not the hyperbolic one) - have trouble believing that a grown adult could create this last chapter by accident.

I mean, this chapter literally brought every single flaw in Naruto as a whole, and in this arc in particular, screaming to the forefront. Give it a bit more vitriol and it's almost exactly the sort of thing someone might write as a scathing satire of Naruto.

I honestly am having trouble accepting this isn't deliberate piss-taking.

desshar
Jun 4, 2011

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh god drat it, Bee's blind, isn't he? That's why even in flashbacks he's wearing shades. It isn't because he wants to look cool it's to hide his eyes. He's gonna avoid the Infinite Tsukuyomi and come in for a clutch save at some point. It's dumb enough to be believable. A is for rear end in a top hat, B is for Blind. :v:

I actually really like this idea! But, sadly, I don't think Bee is blind; he was put under a genjutsu when he first fought Sasuke. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this manga will just be all Naruto and Sasuke from here.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dexo posted:

Shino's is about finding the most badass bug and flying around on it.
Let's be honest here: it's about being in a pokemon manga

Other than him and Shiba they're all dreams of living in peace/acceptance by their peers. Chouji's is the most demeaning, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I unironically think that this moon genjutsu plan is a really good idea and will make everyone much happier. It's not like they can distinguish between reality and an illusion that perfectly replicates reality.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I unironically think that this moon genjutsu plan is a really good idea and will make everyone much happier. It's not like they can distinguish between reality and an illusion that perfectly replicates reality.

Apart from the fact that eventually everyone would die without having children thus leading to the extermination of all life within one generation. And the fact that evil bitch queen whatshername is almost certainly hijacking Madara's plan to reabsorb all the world's chakra to become a god... or something.

If not for those I would actually agree with Madara's plan. If you can make everyone live in a perfect world forever, I'd have to say that sounds better than reality.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
The shallow, first-thing-that-comes-to-mind happiness of these dream worlds matches the one from the movie, at least. Even the people trapped inside realize pretty quickly that their dreams were bad (like seductive Hinata... Naruto wanted her to be out going, but it warped?).

I can't explain dream Ino or Kiba. Naruto is a weird kid.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Dexo posted:

Please don't defend this, the Worst Shonen Manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skychrono posted:

The shallow, first-thing-that-comes-to-mind happiness of these dream worlds matches the one from the movie, at least. Even the people trapped inside realize pretty quickly that their dreams were bad (like seductive Hinata... Naruto wanted her to be out going, but it warped?).

I can't explain dream Ino or Kiba. Naruto is a weird kid.

Sakura was involved too which might also explain some of those changes.

• Locked thread