Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd be kind of down for Arrow to face down more weird gimmicky serial killers, even if that's kind of more a Batman thing. Actually, come to think of it, are they just done with Arrow going after the ruthlessly rich? I'd kind of liked the "Robin Hood" element of the first season, but as soon as The List was concluded, Ollie just has absolutely no interest in pursuing corrupt rich people anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'd be kind of down for Arrow to face down more weird gimmicky serial killers, even if that's kind of more a Batman thing. Actually, come to think of it, are they just done with Arrow going after the ruthlessly rich? I'd kind of liked the "Robin Hood" element of the first season, but as soon as The List was concluded, Ollie just has absolutely no interest in pursuing corrupt rich people anymore.

It was less a Robin Hood element and more a not-quite-Dexter element.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

It was less a Robin Hood element and more a not-quite-Dexter element.

He did actually take their money and give it to poor people a few times. And really he never even killed the rich people, just random security guards.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

David D. Davidson posted:

Well to change the subject:

After twenty four years the CW has finally announced that the long awaited second season to their cult classic show The Flash is actually happening with a premier this fall. If you're not sure the show is for you, you can watch the first episode free on amazon if anyone is interested.

What?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

It's a joke. :flashfact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash_%281990_TV_series%29

trem
Sep 17, 2009
Just give Barrowman another coat like he had on torchwood

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

trem posted:

Just give Barrowman another coat like he had on torchwood

I seem to remember a Green Arrow animated short where he fights Merlyn in an airport and he was dressed like this. I might be crazy, but I can dig longcoat Merlyn.

edit: Not insane, but it looks like he only wore the greatcoat for the cab ride. On the other hand, the skin-tight costume for Barrowman would be pretty fabulous. :gay:

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 25, 2014

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Merlyn's outfit doesn't really look that great, and let's be honest, as long as Barrowman can be Barrowman, no one is going to care what he wears. They might even care more if he doesn't wear anything.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Warmachine posted:

I seem to remember a Green Arrow animated short where he fights Merlyn in an airport and he was dressed like this. I might be crazy, but I can dig longcoat Merlyn.

edit: Not insane, but it looks like he only wore the greatcoat for the cab ride. On the other hand, the skin-tight costume for Barrowman would be pretty fabulous. :gay:

Ugh, first Hawkeye, now Merlyn.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Oasx posted:

Merlyn's outfit doesn't really look that great, and let's be honest, as long as Barrowman can be Barrowman, no one is going to care what he wears. They might even care more if he doesn't wear anything.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Warmachine posted:

Man, weird to see Green Arrow in his classic mode again--poo poo at close combat, trick arrows all the time, kind of a doofus--after all this more serious Arrow adaptation. Also Black Canary's power always bugged me vis-a-vis her romantic relationships. I mean, if she has supersonic screams wouldn't that pose a...to put it delicately, marital problem for the two?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She must not be a screamer. Or Ollie isn't good at sex.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Also Black Canary's power always bugged me vis-a-vis her romantic relationships. I mean, if she has supersonic screams wouldn't that pose a...to put it delicately, marital problem for the two?

Since she can talk it seems like it's a power that she has to deliberately decide to use. Poor Blackbolt can't even clear his throat.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
After Mrs. Lance gets taken, Sarah lets out an inhuman screech at the van as it takes off. I only found out later what her comic power is and thought it was a neat nod to it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

greatn posted:

She must not be a screamer. Or Ollie isn't good at sex.

He penetrates fine!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drifter posted:

Since she can talk it seems like it's a power that she has to deliberately decide to use. Poor Blackbolt can't even clear his throat.

She can scream without it having to be a Canary Cry too.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Warmachine posted:

Is that in the Young Justice Universe? Also anyone see Amell's ads for his wine, I'm tempted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Showcase shorts aren't in any particular universe.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Man, I love the Spectre one cause they nailed the 70's movie feeling.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Crowsbeak posted:

Is that in the Young Justice Universe? Also anyone see Amell's ads for his wine, I'm tempted.

I'm in his wine club, my first shipment should be arriving shortly. I'll post impressions/pics when I get it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

The Showcase shorts aren't in any particular universe.

That being said, I think Greg Weisman wrote this showcase, and Count Vertigo hiring assassins to kill this exact same princess for the exact same reason was an episode.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

jscolon2.0 posted:

That being said, I think Greg Weisman wrote this showcase, and Count Vertigo hiring assassins to kill this exact same princess for the exact same reason was an episode.

Comic book Merlyn looks dumb compared John "Captain Jack Hunkmeat" Barrowman.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Doing a watch through with my husband and just noticed they mention Star Labs particle accelerator in the first episode of season 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funhilde posted:

Doing a watch through with my husband and just noticed they mention Star Labs particle accelerator in the first episode of season 2.

Yeah, that was actually laid in for quite a while. Like half the transitions in the season were to rooms with the news just finishing up a report on it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's the kind of delays you get when you hire the Bowling Alley Physicist.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gaz-L posted:

That's the kind of delays you get when you hire the Bowling Alley Physicist.

You know, I knew what you were referencing, but it took me longer than it should have for me to realize why that reference was relevant.

That said, well played.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I finally caught up and holy poo poo, that ending. Fall can't come soon enough :suspense:

However there is something bothering me, when Ollie told Amanda about Slade being alive she almost shitted herself out of fear but as the flashback showed us; Amanda came into the picture until after Slade was declared killed by Oliver making her reaction really weird. Hope that is adressed eventually.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
For the moment, I'm assuming that she knows his reputation and that Oliver reveals what happened in those first two years.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Also, if she really was Fyer's boss, then she'd have heard of him as "guy who's killing all my men, send reinforcements, oh god please, he's killing me right now."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'd have thought R'as would have set up the ninjas to capture Slade themselves, since all that mirakuru blood would have totally given him super strength, and since he's halfway batshit insane it probably wouldn't have had any effect in the crazy department.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

jscolon2.0 posted:

Also, if she really was Fyer's boss, then she'd have heard of him as "guy who's killing all my men, send reinforcements, oh god please, he's killing me right now."

Wasn't Ollie who did most of that?

Some Numbers posted:

For the moment, I'm assuming that she knows his reputation and that Oliver reveals what happened in those first two years.

That was my first guess but her reaction was too much for only knowing Slade through second hand accounts.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That was my first guess but her reaction was too much for only knowing Slade through second hand accounts.

Surely second hand accounts are the scariest of all.

Also you're forgetting that Slade was presumably a badass ASIS operative at some point before so he probably had quite a rap sheet.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

I'd have thought R'as would have set up the ninjas to capture Slade themselves, since all that mirakuru blood would have totally given him super strength, and since he's halfway batshit insane it probably wouldn't have had any effect in the crazy department.

Ra's is commonly portrayed as an eco terrorist so I don't think an artificial serum is really his thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

computer parts posted:

Ra's is commonly portrayed as an eco terrorist so I don't think an artificial serum is really his thing.

It came from a plant. it's 100% natural. More naturaler than his leyline pools. :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

It came from a plant. it's 100% natural. More naturaler than his leyline pools. :colbert:

Poison Ivy spotted in Starling City

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

Ra's is above such things. Besides that, he has so many mystical Eastern plants and weird rituals that boost his assassin's strength to inhuman levels, he really doesn't have any use for a cheap Super Soldier Serum that makes you incurably insane. He'd probably think of it as some sort of shortcut or crutch to real power or some poo poo like that.

Ra's is basically every Kung Fu Movie villain.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

We don't know how Canary found her way to the League, so them being on the island looking or even backing Ivo in some way is possible.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ra's is above such things. Besides that, he has so many mystical Eastern plants and weird rituals that boost his assassin's strength to inhuman levels

Yao Fei is Ra's al-Ghul. He faked his death. HE FAKED IT. :tinfoil:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Xealot posted:

Yao Fei is Ra's al-Ghul. He faked his death. HE FAKED IT. :tinfoil:

I could see that...it would be very comic bookish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So... you're saying Ra's al Ghul is immortal? His ways... supernatural?

• Locked thread