Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

SaviourX posted:

Got way too much free time right now, but holy poo poo let's see if this even goes the full length:

Exeunt is for when multiple characters leave the stage
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Read Roose-chan's last line as Hank Hill...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hunky Joe posted:

Read Roose-chan's last line as Hank Hill...

Gotcha covered

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not ok with this.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I like the idea of Roose as being just a vaguely exasperated propane flaying-booth salesman, dang it.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Aurain posted:

If you don't genuinely love Robson and Jerome, I think there's something wrong with you as a person. :colbert:

I never realized how much he looks like Joseph Gordon Levitt. Actually, both of them look like this half asian / half Italian friend I knew in middle school.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I like the idea of Roose as being just a vaguely exasperated propane flaying-booth salesman, dang it.

I sell flaying knives and flaying accessories.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hunky Joe posted:

I sell flaying knives and flaying accessories.

In my opinion winter is coming.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
Eddard Stark: So are you Pentoshi or Braavosi?
Varys: I live in Westeros last twenty year, but, ah... first come from Lys.
Eddard Stark: Huh?
Varys: Lyseni. I'm Lyseni.
Jory Cassel: The sea? What sea?
Varys: We are Lyseni--from Lys, stupid! It's a landlocked country in southwest Essos. It's between Tyrosh and Myr, OK? Population 4.7 million.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I'm a House Stark flaying motherfucker, motherfucker!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pong Daddy posted:

Varys: The Sea. I'm from the sea.
Jory Cassel: The sea? What sea?

Jory knew what was up all along.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Some of my show watching friends are getting way too attached to Oberyn.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

humansuperior posted:

You'll never be able to get the reaction as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

but go ahead and point your phone at them anyways.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

humansuperior posted:

My show watching friend is calling Oberyn dying because
A: all good guys in this show die
B: they might have shown the Mountain smashing a guy's head in on a preview and that night have been Oberyn
C: lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, Tyrion got his one lucky victory with Bronn
D: GRRM is a fucker

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Hunky Joe posted:

Your friend knows what's up.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Fake but funny:

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Hunky Joe posted:

My show watching friend is calling Oberyn dying because
A: all good guys in this show die
B: they might have shown the Mountain smashing a guy's head in on a preview and that night have been Oberyn
C: lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, Tyrion got his one lucky victory with Bronn

Reason C. Should have tipped more people off before getting too excited about Oberyn. It's poor narrative convention to have a character encounter the same challenge and overcome it in the same way.

It's also poor narrative convention to write 2 books where nothing happens, but here we are

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

humansuperior posted:

Your friend knows what's up.

He just got pissed at the Red Wedding pretty bad. He said if the Hound dies he doesn't care anymore.

He constantly asks me and I tell him to just wait because I have been waiting to find out the story too now that they have practically caught up.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Hunky Joe posted:

He just got pissed at the Red Wedding pretty bad. He said if the Hound dies he doesn't care anymore.

One more person on the road to becoming yet another bitter GRRM fan.
*chants one of us*

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just finished Dance two days ago. Loved all 5 books, sorry for all of you that actually started the series in the 90's though :(

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

syscall girl posted:

You'll never be able to get the reaction as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

but go ahead and point your phone at them anyways.

Awesome video. I wish I had mine running when we watched. The girls were traumatized.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

InFlames235 posted:

Just finished Dance two days ago. Loved all 5 books, sorry for all of you that actually started the series in the 90's though :(

my favorite part was the battle of winterfell and the battle of meeereen

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Jeffrey posted:

my favorite part was the battle of winterfell and the battle of meeereen

My favorite part was Varys killing fools like god drat. Also Cersei getting hosed over was way overdue. Also Victarion is slowly creeping up the list as one of the best characters. Can't wait to see how they cast him, Euron and Aeron.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I started feeling bad for Cersei. I guess I need to turn in my bad thread card.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpannerX posted:

Fake but funny:

hey I didn't know twitter ran on DOS

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

InFlames235 posted:

My favorite part was Varys killing fools like god drat. Also Cersei getting hosed over was way overdue. Also Victarion is slowly creeping up the list as one of the best characters. Can't wait to see how they cast him, Euron and Aeron.

They'll skip the Victarion plot. Strong emphasis on Quentyn and darkstar.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

syscall girl posted:

I started feeling bad for Cersei. I guess I need to turn in my bad thread card.

To me she's irredeemable. Jaime was able to be redeemed because he wasn't fully evil and also really turned a cheek in the mid-point of the story. He always stuck up Tyrion and saved an entire city from utter destruction only to be know as Kingslayer the rest of his life for doing it. There's more, but Cersei doesn't really have any redeemable qualities other than loving her children. She's done too many really twisted things for me to start feeling bad for her.

redreader posted:

They'll skip the Victarion plot. Strong emphasis on Quentyn and darkstar.

I think you're joking but there's no way they can omit Victarion. He's a point of view character and they haven't skipped any of those yet as far as I recall.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Seriously hoping the show doesn't skip Victarion, if only so I can watch a man in full plate raiding boats and wrecking crew.
One of my favorite parts from the book was the fight between Krazz and Barristan the Badass
"This coward is going to kill you"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In feast there are a whole mess of POV characters since some of them are one chapter, I think Aeron is unlikely to appear even if Victarion does.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Jeffrey posted:

In feast there are a whole mess of POV characters since some of them are one chapter, I think Aeron is unlikely to appear even if Victarion does.

That's true, I guess I mean recurring POV's. It's unknown how important Aeron may be in the grand scheme of things but we will probably know if he doesn't get cast at all next season since the showrunners know how it all ends and the general path to that at this point.

Victarion, on the other hand, has what looks like a pretty drat important quest and has had multiple POV chapters. We also know that Book 6 has more Victarion in it as well with his surprise attack on the cities in Slavers Bay. Just seems too important (and bad rear end) to get rid of.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Victarion sounds too close to Valyrian, they'll need to change it in case people are deaf and stupid. All hail Chad Greyjoy!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

InFlames235 posted:

That's true, I guess I mean recurring POV's. It's unknown how important Aeron may be in the grand scheme of things but we will probably know if he doesn't get cast at all next season since the showrunners know how it all ends and the general path to that at this point.

Victarion, on the other hand, has what looks like a pretty drat important quest and has had multiple POV chapters. We also know that Book 6 has more Victarion in it as well with his surprise attack on the cities in Slavers Bay. Just seems too important (and bad rear end) to get rid of.

I hope you're right, he's great. If they didn't do the 3 leeches scene then I'd think they might just keep Balon alive, but they can't really do that. The only other real candidate for going on the mission is Asha, and that breaks the whole getting married part, so hopefully Victarion is in.

In short Euron = Daario and that's known to the viewer so poo poo's gotta change.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I guess I need to re-read the books. I thought Victarion (the whole ironborn plot, really) was lame. And that definitely seems to be in the minority.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

InFlames235 posted:

There's more, but Cersei doesn't really have any redeemable qualities other than loving her children. She's done too many really twisted things for me to start feeling bad for her.

She doesn't even have THAT. My first readings of Feast/Dance had me having my own sympathy, but when it was pointed out that I'd misread the flashback prophecy scene and that Cersei had murdered her own best friend as a child, it vanished. At first I thought she was the shining example of Westeros' absolutely hideous degree of misogyny producing a monster, but no: She's an amoral, narcissistic sociopath who only sees other people as objects and tools for her to get more power. Why do you think she seized onto Tyrion so hard as her son's killer? She's projecting, big time.

Really, I think the timeline disproves it, but I really love the theory that Tywin and the mad king had their initial falling out because Aegon claimed Lord's rights and raped Tywin's wife, and the end result was Cersei and Jaime, and when Tywin actually had a child, it was Tyrion. It says so much about surface judgments and what lies within, and how Tywin, for all his supposed strength and skill, immediately folded like a cheap accordion when confronted with one of life's truest and harshest challenges.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Jeffrey posted:

I hope you're right, he's great. If they didn't do the 3 leeches scene then I'd think they might just keep Balon alive, but they can't really do that. The only other real candidate for going on the mission is Asha, and that breaks the whole getting married part, so hopefully Victarion is in.

In short Euron = Daario and that's known to the viewer so poo poo's gotta change.

The way I see it, in one of these last 3 episodes Asha will go back to the Iron Isles now that she wasn't able to get Theon to escape. I initially didn't like that scene in the show but it makes a lot of sense after I read the chapter where Theon finally gets back to Asha and says he remembers who he is now.

Anyways, after Asha hears her father is dead upon her return they'll probably talk about needing to get a new king and leave it there for the next season to pick up with kingsmoot stuff.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Who is Asha?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Bran's youngest sister, jesus, don't you even?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Instead of her going aaall the way back, I think I prefer that theory that has her ship getting sunk and her captured by Stannis right now, and so maybe Stannis tells her next season that her dad's dead and his brother made himself king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Cornwind Evil posted:

Really, I think the timeline disproves it, but I really love the theory that Tywin and the mad king had their initial falling out because Aegon claimed Lord's rights and raped Tywin's wife, and the end result was Cersei and Jaime, and when Tywin actually had a child, it was Tyrion. It says so much about surface judgments and what lies within, and how Tywin, for all his supposed strength and skill, immediately folded like a cheap accordion when confronted with one of life's truest and harshest challenges.

ASoIaF Book 8: Turns out, everyone's a Targaryon!