Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Devil chemtrails have gotten to our brains to much I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

This boy who spent years trying to guilt trip a girl into liking him, and then chews her out on Facebook, is totally not a dick.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Alpacalips Now posted:

This boy who spent years trying to guilt trip a girl into liking him, and then chews her out on Facebook, is totally not a dick.

But he was so nice for so long! He deserved affection! She owed him!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Why, just loving why?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Because putting your words in the mouth of a cartoon character meant to make fun of people like yourself is definitely a good way to get people to take you seriously.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

made of bees posted:

Because putting your words in the mouth of a cartoon character meant to make fun of people like yourself is definitely a good way to get people to take you seriously.

Conservatives I know really, really like Ron Swanson because getting jokes is hard.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
So someone actually typed out the words 'yet another fatal mass shooting spree' and decided that wasn't the issue worth addressing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nibbles141 posted:

So someone actually typed out the words 'yet another fatal mass shooting spree' and decided that wasn't the issue worth addressing

As usual, the Onion has you covered: ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wait, so what (most likely made up) reason are they using to say he's left-wing/liberal this time? The fact that he lives in California and goes to college?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Dude was a massive racist.
Libruls are the real racists.
Therefore the guy was a liberal.

The GBS thread says he liked the Young Turks but that's about all I know about his political leanings.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

:downs:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Wait, so what (most likely made up) reason are they using to say he's left-wing/liberal this time? The fact that he lives in California and goes to college?

His father works in Hollywood and worked on noted liberal propaganda piece Hunger Games. But mostly it's just Spree Shooters = bad, Liberals = bad, ergo Spree Shooter = Liberal

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

OptimusShr posted:

Why, just loving why?

I, too, use Dale Gribble as the icon for my logic and my political views.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

His father works in Hollywood and worked on noted liberal propaganda piece Hunger Games. But mostly it's just Spree Shooters = bad, Liberals = bad, ergo Spree Shooter = Liberal

It's a knee jerk reaction on both sides. Kind of like how the Tea Party and Sara Palin shot Gabby Giffords.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Actually. A guy on my Facebook is claiming that he's a liberal because he felt ENTITLED to sex, just like liberals feel ENTITLED to healthcare, etc.

I'm at lunch but I'll grab a screenshot when ok back at my desk.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hopefully Obamacare will be expanded to cover blowjobs.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Alpacalips Now posted:

:qq: "I put so many niceness coins into you over the years! When does the sex fall out?"

These are the people who believe that the poo poo in romantic comedies is how real dating works, aren't they? That the girl is just MAGICALLY supposed to know that the guy likes her?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I just have to say, I love whatever thing it is that you use to anonymize people's names. I spend far too long trying to work some of them out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

It's a knee jerk reaction on both sides. Kind of like how the Tea Party and Sara Palin shot Gabby Giffords.

Well only one of these events was an assassination attempt against a politician. Do you not see why most people would think that a paranoid schizophrenic 9/11 truther who shot a liberal politician would have political ties?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

Well only one of these events was an assassination attempt against a politician. Do you not see why most people would think that a paranoid schizophrenic 9/11 truther who shot a liberal politician would have political ties?

No, I don't see a difference. In both cases someone is trying to further their own beliefs by blaming the other party/ideology without evidence. It's stupid when either side does it.

When people kill for ideology they usually make it clear why they're murdering people. Like that old man who shot up a Jewish center or this Elliot guy who died forever alone. If they don't mention politics, then it's probably not politics.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Old Nick's just loving with us now.

Krispy Kareem posted:

No, I don't see a difference. In both cases someone is trying to further their own beliefs by blaming the other party/ideology without evidence. It's stupid when either side does it.

When people kill for ideology they usually make it clear why they're murdering people. Like that old man who shot up a Jewish center or this Elliot guy who died forever alone. If they don't mention politics, then it's probably not politics.

Gender politics are politics though.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sigh. My sister in law posted a few days ago about how if there's women's only rooms in the gym, there should be men's only rooms and that equal opportunity is BS etc...,she just posted about how some people drove by and called her a slut today. I know she isn't going to make the connection and it's taking all my willpower not to say anything because the amount of people who agreed with her on the first status probably won't see the irony. :sigh:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

One of my friends has liked The Amazing Atheist. I'm assuming my friend doesn't know he put a banana in his bottom, but a cursory glance at his facebook page shows him complaining about feminists in nearly every post. Either she didn't read any of that and just went "yes, atheism!" - or she thinks him being a horrible anti-feminist is acceptable if he is also a vocal atheist.

79,959 other people also "like" his page, though. Perhaps it's me that's peculiar after all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jollity Farm posted:

One of my friends has liked The Amazing Atheist. I'm assuming my friend doesn't know he put a banana in his bottom, but a cursory glance at his facebook page shows him complaining about feminists in nearly every post. Either she didn't read any of that and just went "yes, atheism!" - or she thinks him being a horrible anti-feminist is acceptable if he is also a vocal atheist.

79,959 other people also "like" his page, though. Perhaps it's me that's peculiar after all.

Someone loving themselves with a banana, while hilarious, isn't a great reason to find someone loathsome. Especially when there's so much more to hate the guy for, like everything he says and also his screen name being a twice removed pun.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jollity Farm posted:

He also poured hot oil over his micropenis :v:
And I just typed those words out.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Someone loving themselves with a banana, while hilarious, isn't a great reason to find someone loathsome. Especially when there's so much more to hate the guy for, like everything he says and also his screen name being a twice removed pun.

It's a waste of a perfectly good banana :colbert:

(You are right, of course, but I personally feel that it would make anyone a tiny bit harder to take seriously, especially since he put an image of it online because a girl told him to)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh God, that raging idiot from the other night came back, even more of a completely loathsome dickhead. (He's Barry Wine, I'm Ray Volver)

http://imgur.com/a/rknJH for the rest of it if you dare, it only gets worse from here.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Jollity Farm posted:

It's a waste of a perfectly good banana :colbert:

He could still eat it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SteelMentor posted:

Oh God, that raging idiot from the other night came back, even more of a completely loathsome dickhead. (He's Barry Wine, I'm Ray Volver)

http://imgur.com/a/rknJH for the rest of it if you dare, it only gets worse from here.

At least the photoshop was funny, just probably not as they intended.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A friend commented somewhere on this clearly satirical page, but this thread was pretty golden. All public posts.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

He also poured hot oil over his micropenis :v:
And I just typed those words out.

Idiots on Social Media: He also poured hot oil over his micropenis

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Picnic Princess posted:

"UKIP r going to win easily to save our over populated country!"

Death camps it is, then.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Somebody really doesn't like Al Jazeera.

Do note: the article in question was from Al Jazeera America. As in, the USA-specific branch of Al Jazeera. :downs:

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Man, demons keep their schedules loving tight.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Man, demons keep their schedules loving tight.
Yeah, I haven't shared jack poo poo so I'll just stay up until 3:04am. Checkmate satan. :colbert:

Edit: Or sleep on the couch. These loving demons are leaving loopholes all over, Andrew has only himself to blame for being taken.

Pilchenstein has a new favorite as of 00:19 on May 29, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So a guy from my high school class had a falling out with his girlfriend a few months ago, and he still refuses to stop shaming her publicly. Enjoy parsing the hashtags.

I could look through his posts and find like a dozen more of these things but then I'd have to wade through dozens of pictures of him shirtless and ARE TROOPS image macros.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Pollyanna posted:

Somebody really doesn't like Al Jazeera.

Do note: the article in question was from Al Jazeera America. As in, the USA-specific branch of Al Jazeera. :downs:

I don't know about most of the others but Iran is like 2nd in sex changes and the Iranian state pays for like 1/2 or 3/4 of the cost of sex reassignment surgery :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Amused to Death posted:

I don't know about most of the others but Iran is like 2nd in sex changes and the Iranian state pays for like 1/2 or 3/4 of the cost of sex reassignment surgery :v:

Mind you, that's pretty much so the Ayatollah can claim there's no gays in Iran. Rather weird priorities, if you ask me.

• Locked thread