Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cremnob posted:

Brin is now taking a 10-second video of his interviewers with Glass. It is awkward in the exact same way that it is always annoying when someone uses Glass in your presence.

"Here's my hotel key, Walt, for later," Brin says, after it falls out of his pocket. "I'll keep the Glass off — I promise." WHAT IS HAPPENING

lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Linguica posted:

OF COURSE the video has that stupid loving whimsical-glockenspiel type music

OF COURSE it does

loving lol

the banality of evil music

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

(0)     (0)
-----------

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Boxturret posted:

(0)     (0)
-----------

plz dont post my jizz face

Dec 26, 2012

Boxturret posted:

(0)     (0)
-----------

gregday
May 23, 2003

stunned koala

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

holy poo poo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

holy poo poo

it really makes the thread

i'd suggest closing it for posterity but i'm averse to making new ones so let's keep going until larry brin buys sealand or whatever

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

cremnob posted:

Brin says he posts pictures of his kids to family. "I don't connect with a lot of people. I'm kind of weirdo. It was probably a mistake for me to be working on anything tangentially related to social to begin with."

oh no really? you mean having the spergiest spergs on earth, led by a guy who isn't 'all that social', make a social network wasn't a good idea?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
id use that car if it could drive me home from the bar when im super drunk.

needs to seat more than two people tho cuz i normally pick up multiple women

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's really cute. sorry you all have weird car fetishes.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i really hope this and electric cars fail though because gently caress the automobile and what it has done to our cities

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

my stepdads beer posted:

i really hope this and electric cars fail though because gently caress the automobile and what it has done to our cities
although surely something like tiny self driving autonomous vehicles would p. much undo every bit of damage the automobile has done to urban environments youd think

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

my stepdads beer posted:

it's really cute. sorry you all have weird car fetishes.

nah man lol google lmao rofl

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Boxturret posted:

(0)     (0)
-----------

nutted but she still suckin

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's a little silly with the face but overall fine, I dunno why people are making a big deal about it.

not road-worthy in any way, though.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

it looks like a kids power wheels with windows

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sudo Echo posted:

it looks like a kids power wheels with windows

please, we all know that poo poo runs linux

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlzUpmp8sY

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bug report: collision detection system allows car to run over pedestrians

status: closed (collision detection isn't collision avoidance READ THE loving MAN PAGE)

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

my stepdads beer posted:

cars are dumb as gently caress
payload/vehicle weight ratio is hosed up

forreal id love to see single-car rail
basically cars that run on tracks that are built so that switching happens on the vehicle and not on the track. also they're locked in like rollercoasters, allowing for banking and thus higher speed
i've got diagrams explaining how it works email making_woosh_noises_while_drawing@backofclass.com for more info

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Google co-founder Sergey Brin said today that it was "probably a mistake" for him to have worked on Google+ because he's "not a very social person." Speaking at Recode's Code Conference, Brin — who also called himself "kind of a weirdo" — acknowledged that he used Google+ to post pictures of his kids to his family, but suggested that any previous professional focus on the social network was misguided. "It was probably a mistake," he said, "for me to be working on anything tangentially related to social to begin with."

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

uncurable mlady posted:

nutted but she still suckin

lmao

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

Google co-founder Sergey Brin said today that it was "probably a mistake" for him to have worked on Google+ because he's "not a very social person."

goes for anyone at google imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Google today began blocking local Chrome extensions to protect Windows users. This means that as of today, extensions can be installed in Chrome for Windows only if they’re hosted on the Chrome Web Store.

Furthermore, Google says extensions that were previously installed “may be automatically disabled and cannot be re-enabled or re-installed until they’re hosted in the Chrome Web Store.” The company didn’t specify what exactly qualifies the “may” clause, though we expect it may make exceptions for certain popular extensions for a limited time.

safari has a less restrictive extensions policy

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pinterest Mom posted:

Google today began blocking local Chrome extensions to protect Windows users. This means that as of today, extensions can be installed in Chrome for Windows only if they’re hosted on the Chrome Web Store.

Furthermore, Google says extensions that were previously installed “may be automatically disabled and cannot be re-enabled or re-installed until they’re hosted in the Chrome Web Store.” The company didn’t specify what exactly qualifies the “may” clause, though we expect it may make exceptions for certain popular extensions for a limited time.

mac doesn't have the malware problems that windows has

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

my stepdads beer posted:

i...have weird car fetishes.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

does safari even exist on windows anymore

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Progressive JPEG posted:

does safari even exist on windows anymore

nope hence i'm using chrome

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ps apparently you can check some 'developer mode' checkbox if you really wanna install local extensions

which makes some sense wrt an actual dev whos doing some debugging

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

yeah mac's are way worse

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its not a bad change. people cant install virus extensions and if you're spergin you can still toggle dev mode and run your bespoke js fuckery plugin

Dec 26, 2012

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

gosh darn you could have flipped the image :argh:

and clowns world over contemplate whether they still have jobs

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pinterest Mom posted:

does this affect cloud-to-butt :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

theres got to be someone in yospos that needs a new avatar

• Locked thread