Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I honestly don't expect launch to be any worse than the more recent stress test weekends, which had the occasional world crash and 30 minute downtimes.

I very much doubt it will be as bad as the early ones, that's for sure.

Zone overcrowding, that's what worries me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Also, everybody remember come head start time, you get Renown currency by just being in a party, whether you're doing stuff together or not. So everybody party up all the time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TyrantWD posted:

P.S. Don't cancel weddings, funerals, anniversaries, graduations etc. to play an MMO this weekend. There is a good chance you will spend a lot of time queued up or barely able to do much due to fighting for mob/item spawns, lag and the like.

Do what I did. Have your spouse/significant other invite family over for a week! :suicide:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bruiserbot is red!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WarLocke posted:

Also, everybody remember come head start time, you get Renown currency by just being in a party, whether you're doing stuff together or not. So everybody party up all the time.
This never worked for me. Maybe I'm just not remarkable :downs:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CrashCat posted:

This never worked for me. Maybe I'm just not remarkable :downs:

It's possible you have to both be in the same guild and/or circle? It was working for me in open beta, but I was in Bad Rats and grouped with other Bad Rats goons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That sounds like a pretty blatant exploit, so it probably won't last long, if it hasn't been patched out already for launch.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
The renown thing shouldn't work anymore.

To whoever mentioned about the leveling speed, poopsocker-tier leveling 1-50 takes about 25 hours, and is done entirely with questing and nothing else.

v: they have been for a while, and still are working on it

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 28, 2014

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Any idea if they put in random elites (or whatever they call their harder mobs) into the newbie zones? It's always interesting to have a harder fight versus the usual newbie mobs.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Canuckistan posted:

Any idea if they put in random elites (or whatever they call their harder mobs) into the newbie zones? It's always interesting to have a harder fight versus the usual newbie mobs.

I don't know if there are any on the starter ship in the "training" areas, however, I know for sure they are in the level 5ish starting areas post ship. Def seen some lvl 5 primes with the 2 and with the 5 indicating built for 2 players, and built for five players of that level respectively.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

realms list, suck all the dicks, tia

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Oh great. 5 bucks says multiple goons roll on Pago because reading is hard.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Hmmm... WildStar just put up a realm list.

Looks like Pergo is still N.A. PvP, but Toria is E.U. RP-PvE.

So, that's different. Exiles on Evindra, then?

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing
Thanks cat on an apple for the awesome tradeskills writeup in the OP.

I was one of the big goon architects in SWG and had fun making stuff for goon housing, so I really wanted to go Architect at launch. It looks like it might be pretty annoying due to the mats spread though. Has anyone tried architect out in beta? Any fun?

Guess it comes down to how much demand there will be for housing items.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Doublestep posted:

Just tell everyone Preggo, the one with the e and the r, because we're making Chua babies to kill all Exiles :getin:

Jfizzoid posted:

Thanks cat on an apple for the awesome tradeskills writeup in the OP.

I was one of the big goon architects in SWG and had fun making stuff for goon housing, so I really wanted to go Architect at launch. It looks like it might be pretty annoying due to the mats spread though. Has anyone tried architect out in beta? Any fun?

Guess it comes down to how much demand there will be for housing items.

Thanks! I've actually done a couple more write-ups on the off-site forum, one with a little bit more detail about the Tradeskill dependencies, and another one for reference with Weaponsmith.

Personally I think Architect is going to be the Tradeskill with the most longevity. At least up to the Journeyman tier, Tradeskills are pretty easy to level up (you're generally looking at around 100 of the relevant primary Mining/Survivalist/Relic Hunter resource per tier i.e. 100 Iron Chunks will probably get you from Novice to Apprentice Weaponsmith). Weaponsmith is going to be pretty important at first because Crafted Weapons are the best aside from super rare Dungeon stuff. The Armour Tradeskills will be important later as more people near cap, because that will be the best armour you can get outside of Raid gear and maybe some of the later Vet. Dungeons you do for Attunements. As we progress past that point, they start to become less and less relevant to the economy.

Architect, however: people will always want vanity items, especially considering the amount of cool stuff you can do with housing. A lot of stuff you make easily in Architect are otherwise super rare drops, if they aren't unique to Tradeskills to begin with.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

a cat on an apple posted:

Just tell everyone Preggo, the one with the e and the r, because we're making Chua babies to kill all Exiles :getin:
Or Prego, because we're making spaghetti sauce.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The best thing about Wildstar

All glory be to hitbutton.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Excellent. This is the one must-have addon in WoW and I would have missed it dearly.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Can we get the OP updated with Evindra for the NA Exile guild?

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
I'm really liking the server "Widow". It won't be overpopulated since it wasn't known before. But I guess Prakgo is the one, right?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I think Widow would be good if we don't want dumb goons that can't read to go to Ragu.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Holy poo poo that addon. :allears:

And yeah, anyone bitching about any launch ever without mentioning Star Wars Galaxies doesn't know what a massive launch fuckup is. :smith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doublestep posted:

Oh god. Why would you do this. Pergo and Pago? Do you loving hate us, Carbine? Just own up to it if you do, it's okay. :negative:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Who Dat posted:

Holy poo poo that addon. :allears:

It's too bad it'll probably require both sides to have it, I'd love to spam pubbies with :frogout:

How do Guilds and Circles interact if at all? You can only be in one guild, but multiple circles? Are circle names unique/can you use a reserved guild name for a circle?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
As long as the Explorer platforming in this game isn't as bad as the Clocktower in GW2 then I will happily jump loving everywhere.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Changing PvP server choice at this point would be loving stupid and confusing for people who have not been in this thread for a few days. Pergo. Pergo. Pergo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Will this games PVP / Group Finder be cross-server like WoW's?

I kind of hope not, I liked how "personal" it was in WoW when it was just your server; you got to actually know people in battlegrounds and have rivalries. It was fun.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

A Tartan Tory posted:

As long as the Explorer platforming in this game isn't as bad as the Clocktower in GW2 then I will happily jump loving everywhere.

The lack of air control really makes the plaforming in this game a lot less fun for me than in GW2.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Iron Tusk posted:

The best thing about Wildstar

All glory be to hitbutton.

drat it all. I've spent half of the last week trying to cobble this together for the Exile goons in between work and then some magnificent bastard of a goon goes and gets it functional and useful. Now I'll have to enjoy the launch with a fully functional SA addon. Woe is me.

Looks loving great; I can't wait to pull it apart and look to see if we had different approaches to the problem. The emote cheat sheet window wasn't even on my prospective feature list.

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010
For Tok and any other goons wanting to change the mouse/keyboard camera speed but not wanting to deal with obscure chat commands:

Use this CameraSpeed addon

Vagasaurus Rex
Jan 29, 2011

Keep runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin'
Does anyone know if they are all in the same timezone? I'd prefer something east coast.. Or are they just going to go with all of them in Texas?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Vagasaurus Rex posted:

Does anyone know if they are all in the same timezone? I'd prefer something east coast.. Or are they just going to go with all of them in Texas?

All NA servers are in Dallas and they aren't moving as far as we know.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Sab669 posted:

Will this games PVP / Group Finder be cross-server like WoW's?

I kind of hope not, I liked how "personal" it was in WoW when it was just your server; you got to actually know people in battlegrounds and have rivalries. It was fun.

For PVE, by default it's cross-server, but you have the option to search for same-server parties only. I don't know what it's like for PVP.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

FoolishLobster posted:

All NA servers are in Dallas and they aren't moving as far as we know.

Any idea where the EU servers are? For some reason I always get lovely connections if they are in The Netherlands.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

Any idea where the EU servers are? For some reason I always get lovely connections if they are in The Netherlands.

Frankfurt, Germany.

A great thing I found out last time I played is that you can invite people to your group from other servers by typing their name with @(server name) right after it. Example:

/invite Goon@Pergo

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 28, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

FoolishLobster posted:

Frankfurt, Germany.

Awesome, never had any problems with German based EU servers, don't see it starting now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FoolishLobster posted:

A great thing I found out last time I played is that you can invite people to your group from other servers by typing their name with @(server name) right after it. Example:

/invite Goon@Pergo
Excellent. So when someone gets in chat and whines about not being able to find anyone on the server, we can /invite fuckhead@Pago and give them a good cussing out :black101:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So my brother has convinced me that this is gonna be awesome. I'm hoping to go full-on healer Medic, since it's usually my favorite MMO role. Will that make leveling solo an exercise in mind-shattering tedium or what? I mean I can go DPS and respec at level cap, but how will all that blood wash off my robo-hands?

Also, is the standard "pick a crafting skill that can craft something you can use, pick a gathering skill that can collect mats for your crafting skill" optimal?

I'm authed on the forums and I've been reading threads and stuff, but not being in the beta makes me feel kind of behind.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 28, 2014

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So my brother has convinced me that this is gonna be awesome. I'm hoping to go full-on healer Medic, since it's usually my favorite MMO role. Will that make leveling solo an exercise in mind-shattering tedium or what? I mean I can go DPS and respec at level cap, but how will all that blood wash off my robo-hands?

Go DPS to start with. There isn't any real group content until level 15, which is also when you get your second spec. Use that for your healing build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Also, is the standard "pick a crafting skill that can craft something you can use, pick a gathering skill that can collect mats for your crafting skill" optimal?

I'm authed on the forums and I've been reading threads and stuff, but not being in the beta makes me feel kind of behind.

All the way up to Level 50, the only thing that really matters separating you from being a Healer role or a DPS role is your weapon. Just keep one of each type on-hand and you'll be absolutely fine. At Level 15, you get a second AMP system, so you can use all of your AMPs for DPS at first without issue.

Since you're authed on the off-site, read this thread, which should answer most of your questions about the crafting thing. If you want more in-depth information, or have other questions, about pretty much anything Tradeskills, either post in that thread or ding me (Katten) on irc.synirc.net #wildstar and I'll get back to you pretty quickly.

• Locked thread