Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerzes
May 16, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

How much of Bray not being a straightforward heel is his fault, exactly? Unless he's writing his own promos or given an unusual amount of creative freedom, it's more creative's problem than his.

That's actually been discussed a few times before. Bray doesn't write his own promos, but he does get to have some input with the people who do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Can someone do a podcast on whether or not Bray Wyatt is a good heel?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

sunsweet posted:

Can someone do a podcast on whether or not Bray Wyatt is a good heel?

I'm free next week to discuss the topic with whomever will have me.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Xerzes posted:

That's actually been discussed a few times before. Bray doesn't write his own promos, but he does get to have some input with the people who do.

He also is allowed to go off script considering monday's "I AM A GOD"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't think that's the first time he's said he's a god

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The 10 Count can't discuss Bray because it is dead.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Main Event Superstars refuses to discuss Bray Wyatt's promos because we have determined that Bray Wyatt is indeed not a Main Event Superstar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was talked about a little already but I can't recommend enough the latest episode of the Austin podcast. He interviews Vader and it's really good, they cover everything from his childhood up to just as he's about to go to New Japan and he'll be back next week for everything from New Japan up. He details his childhood, his football career, how he got into wrestling (which is an amazing story) and his first day of training (which is hilarious), as well as paying his dues getting his rear end kicked by Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. He sounds great and I was surprised at how intelligent he seems, I guess I just bought in too heavily to his gimmick as a big dumb monster who stood next to a cackling Harley Race.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

It was talked about a little already but I can't recommend enough the latest episode of the Austin podcast. He interviews Vader and it's really good, they cover everything from his childhood up to just as he's about to go to New Japan and he'll be back next week for everything from New Japan up. He details his childhood, his football career, how he got into wrestling (which is an amazing story) and his first day of training (which is hilarious), as well as paying his dues getting his rear end kicked by Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. He sounds great and I was surprised at how intelligent he seems, I guess I just bought in too heavily to his gimmick as a big dumb monster who stood next to a cackling Harley Race.

I really hope they talk about the brawl with Mr. Wonderful.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This Jericho interview with Bubba/Bully Ray is pretty enjoyable

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
There was a conference call on NXT Takeover today with Triple H. Meltzer called in. This should be good.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

There was a conference call on NXT Takeover today with Triple H. Meltzer called in. This should be good.

I hope it results in HHH saying "That's a stupid question!"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

The last one of these was real interesting. You mean Meltzer actually asked a question?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

The last one of these was real interesting. You mean Meltzer actually asked a question?

Several. Transcript:

quote:

Dave Meltzer asked for a medical update on Christian or Rey Mysterio. He said he can't talk about either due to HIPPA laws but they are recovering and trying to get them under control.

H was asked about forms of training that they use. H said he had never been exposed to different kinds of training methods. He didn't play football so he did bodybuilding types of workouts. He said that he never used to warm up, etc. Then things changed in training methods and athletes noticed the changes, such as creating functional strength. He said that different training methods are a big part of the Center. He said that being functionally strong is the point. Dave asked about what kind of training methods they were doing. H said it was a combo of everything and reiterated functional movement strength is what is important. H talked a lot about training methods, which was interesting to me but if you don't work out probably wouldn't be. He talked about, in essence, working all muscles to creative a stronger overall body. He said that is why we are seeing more agile and durable guys in the ring because of it. He said that guys take care of themselves a lot better than they used to.

Meltzer mentioned that Daniel Bryan said he thinks it would be good for young talent to go to other places, like Japan, to learn other styles. He mentioned WWE having trainers with differing backgrounds working with the talents. H said that working in other places is a great learning opportunity. H talked about a guy they just let go where he told him that working somewhere else and learn some things, he could come back and employ what he learns elsewhere. H said that he learns a lot about the business every single day. The more well rounded you are the better. With that said, you can't get so ingrained in a style where you can't adapt to something else. H said that if you play for one pro team with one style of offense, if you go to another with a different style, you have to adapt. You can bring what you know and talk about it, but you have to adapt to the WWE way.

Meltzer asked about KENTA and Prince Devitt and H went WHO? Meltzer tried to explain who they were and H said he was kidding, he knows who they are. And H said no comment.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

quote:

Meltzer asked about KENTA and Prince Devitt and H went WHO? Meltzer tried to explain who they were and H said he was kidding, he knows who they are.
Triple H working Meltzer is pretty hilarious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Discount Trombones posted:

Triple H working Meltzer is pretty hilarious.

Dave is just maintaining his gimmick

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol Meltzer is so goddamn dense

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This loving Briscoe Inferno song

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

epitasis posted:

lol Meltzer is so goddamn dense

I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually think hhh has no idea who kenta and devitt are you guys

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Free link to the Conference call audio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prowrestlingdotnet/2014/05/28/0528-prowrestlingnet-podcast--triple-h-conference-call

Triple H's WHO? to Dave was the best. He went from very impressive and professional Vice President to goofball DX member in seconds. :D

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if your perception of meltzer isn't borderline autistic savant you're not listening right

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

rovert posted:

Free link to the Conference call audio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prowrestlingdotnet/2014/05/28/0528-prowrestlingnet-podcast--triple-h-conference-call

Triple H's WHO? to Dave was the best. He went from very impressive and professional Vice President to goofball DX member in seconds. :D

Is there a way to download this on mobile? Need something new to listen to.

Edit: never mind, went to the main site and got the RSS feed from there.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 28, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

epitasis posted:

if your perception of meltzer isn't borderline autistic savant you're not listening right
If your perception of Meltzer is borderline autistic savant, you're not listening right, and don't have an ear for deadpan humor.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

look whos talkin

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

masato tatanka posted:

look whos talkin
Rude.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

sorry, just doing a little own and couldnt help myself hehehe.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We coo.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Daniel Bryan posted:

H talked about a guy they just let go where he told him that working somewhere else and learn some things, he could come back and employ what he learns elsewhere.

Any idea who this could be? Who got released recently?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ThePariah posted:

Mason Ryan? Apparently he always had a humble attitude in developmental, so it wouldn't surprise me that he'd want to go elsewhere to learn more if he's interested in coming back to WWE someday.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ThePariah posted:

Could be Vader's kid or Chris Kristofferson's son.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

I think Vader's kid could get a shot somewhere in Japan simply due to his dad.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

Mason Ryan? Apparently he always had a humble attitude in developmental, so it wouldn't surprise me that he'd want to go elsewhere to learn more if he's interested in coming back to WWE someday.

Don't guys they release also say they learned a lot even if they didn't make the main roster and that it definitely makes them worth more on the indy circuit?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't guys they release also say they learned a lot even if they didn't make the main roster and that it definitely makes them worth more on the indy circuit?

I'm sure it does, when a local promoter can slap a WWE logo he downloaded off Google on a poster and say "Former WWE Star Mason Ryan"!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't forget about Chris Hero

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

Chris Kristofferson's son was that Adam Roses luchador from a few NXT episodes ago.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Don't forget about Chris Hero

Of all guys WWE released in recent times Hero is probably the last guy that needs to learn new stuff. Someone like Ryan who spent 2 years wrestling before he signed a developmental contract is way more likely.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'm guessing it's Hero or Ryan. Has Jesse White done anything since being released?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Of all guys WWE released in recent times Hero is probably the last guy that needs to learn new stuff.
Crunches

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There's not a release thread anymore. Who got released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I can't see it being Hero since he was already experienced in both US indies and puro. Maybe one of those young British guys they released?

weekly font posted:

There's not a release thread anymore. Who got released?

No one from the main roster, but a few people got cut from NXT last month. According to a google search it was Mason Ryan, Raquel Diaz, Danny Burch and Oliver Grey.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 28, 2014

• Locked thread