Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WOW! We're done! Here we go! :frogsiren::orks::cheers::burger::slick::worship:WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS:getin::w00t::spooky::hist101:

First off, here's the voting for the Display Board and Diorama contests:
pre:
Diorama			TWLM			Fix			Bachtere
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first place		Namenlos		Buffalo Squeeze		Namenlos
second place		Ledgem			Schmetterling		Buffalo Squeeze
third place		Schmetterling		Slimnoid		Schmetterling

Display Board
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first place		Iris of Ether		Monoliths		Monoliths
second place		Monoliths		PierreTheMime		Iris of Ether
third place		PierreTheMime		Iris of Ether		Enri
As you can see, it was close in both categories. But fortunately there are no ties for the first place spots.

The winner of the Diorama prize is... Namenlos! Namenlos just beats out Buffalo Squeeze, who just beats out Schmetterling, followed by Ledgem and then Slimnoid. You all worked hard and produced amazing dioramas, and you deserve accolades for your work.

The winner of the Display Board prize is... Monoliths! Monoliths just beats out Iris of Ether, who edged out PierreTheMime, followed by Enri. All of those display boards are really fantastic, great work guys.

And now, your Top Ten Grand Prize Winners! Decided by points with only one tie (at 9th place):
pre:
Goons (Ranked by Total)	Points Total	Place
---------------------------------------------
Red Shoe		172		1
Slimnoid		170		2
Germ			161		3
Monoliths		155		4
Namenlos		154		5
Under 15		151		6
moths			146		7
Iris of Ether		144		8
Pash			140		9
enri			140		10
The final votes definitely shuffled things around, and it's worth noting that for the first time this year - and possibly the first time ever in the history of the Trad Games Oath Threads, a single goon won first place pick and best theme from all three judges in April! Congratulations Under 15, your amazing effort in April earned you a whopping 12 judges points, pushing you from 11th place to 6th in one huge leap.

As for the tiebreaker for ninth place between Pash and enri: according to the official rules for tiebreakers:

1. Number of completed oaths, excluding alternate universe oaths: Pash and enri both completed 12
2. Total number of points given by the three judges: Pash earned 3, and enri earned 4!

So, enri earns 9th place, and Pash takes 10th.

Krushgroove and I will get the Grand Prizes sorted out ASAP! I will also do the remaining end of year prize drawings tomorrow (since it's already 1 am here). Stay tuned!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Congrats, goons! Great work this year!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Congratulations to the winners :)
I'm kicking myself for not doing a get based out entry, but I probably wouldn't have got the two points I'd need to get to 140 points anyway.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
My diorama was liked!

So close to the top, yet so far. Next year I'll make it... next year!

These threads and the works created are absolutely amazing. Thank you for running these, the miniatures world is a better place with Oath Threads.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Leperflesh posted:

(since it's already 1 am here)

Go get some well deserved sleep, it's been a long year :D

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks to all the judges and oath thread organizers!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Aye, Thanks for all the work you've done over the year.

I fell like my painting has improved, so it'll be interesting to see where it goes next year!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Wow! So that's it! All done :)

Prizewinners - please EMAIL me at krushgroove169 @ gmail.com

Namenlos, I already have your email and I believe I have yours as well, Monoliths - you guys both have $25 (or equivalent pesos/rubels/£) coming your way! Under 15, you too!

Here are the Grand Prizes we have arranged:

CoolMiniorNot
: TEN Zombidice Episode 2 board game sets - one for EVERY Grand Prize winner! each one is a $90 value, and EVERY Top Ten finisher is getting one! Congratulations to all of you!

:siren: Red Shoe!
You're up matey :) Have your pick of one of the below!

Badger Minitaire Paints
and Badger:
1. a complete set of Minitaire paints! $275/£220 value claimed by Red Shoe
2. a starter set of Minitaire paints PLUS a full set of Ghost Tint paints! $60/£75 value claimed by Slimnoid

3. Hawk Wargames
a Dropzone commander starter set and rulebook worth over $140/£120

4. Wayland Games
: online gift vouchers worth $100/£75, usable anywhere in the world! claimed by Monoliths

KR Multicase
two card cases with Soft foam for figures, hard cases for soft foam!
5. one KRH with N4 foam and
6. one KRM with F3H foam

7. goon Tadhg: one GW starter set box of your choice! (unpainted) approx $120/£100 value
8. goon krushgroove: one iwata MP-H2 single action airbrush $130/£125 value
9. goon Arlaharen: $75 towards the prize of your choice! claimed by Germ
10. Mega-Grab Bag - everything that's left in the Grab Bag!

(we previously mentioned back in March that the Infinity terrain set would be a grand prize, but that was a mistake, it is specified that is for one of the random Infinity painters throughout the season)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 28, 2014

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Leperflesh posted:

The final votes definitely shuffled things around, and it's worth noting that for the first time this year - and possibly the first time ever in the history of the Trad Games Oath Threads, a single goon won first place pick and best theme from all three judges in April! Congratulations Under 15, your amazing effort in April earned you a whopping 12 judges points, pushing you from 11th place to 6th in one huge leap.

I never thought I'd get the reception I did! When I was painting I was hoping for two or three points so that I could get tenth place. I did not expect to pull a hat trick, that's for sure. Thanks for making a little goon's month!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I did not expect this to end this way! I held off on saying (mostly because I didn't want to jinx anything), but I've appreciated the ever-loving Hell out of every single point this season. And Jesus it's still crazy seeing my username on the same list as you guys.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
I burned out a long time ago and I had nothing compared to some of the work this year anyway.

But my diorama got liked, yaay! :woop:

Thanks to all the organizers!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Dang! Lost on the tiebreaker! I apparently misread the rules, as I thought I was gonna win for more votes for top jurnal.

Either way great year and thank you so much!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Ah, a solid second place. It's been a fun year, guys!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I've tried to hold back comments on all the submissions over the past year and I definitely haven't been successful :) There have been some amazing, AMAZING paint jobs that people have been doing, and I don't mean just from the 'pro' painters we've got here. The levels of painting many of you have risen to, the vast creativity and the sheer AMOUNT of models that many of you guys have pumped out has just been amazing, mind-boggling!

I'm really really proud to have carried on the work by Fix, ThisWayLiesMadness and all who came before them, so although I get messages about how great a job I'm doing, I'm really just carrying on things (hopefully, at least as good as they were before!) and I'm itching to do better in the new, current Oath Thread.

We've got a few random draws to do (Infinity painters, Alternate Universe painters and more), and I'll start sending out the £$€cash£$€ prizes for as soon as I have Paypal addresses for Namenlos and Monoliths! I'll wait for the official word from Leperflesh about the winner of the $25 for the Get Based Out mini-competition, but I think we have a good idea of who that was!

Top Ten people! I'll also need your mailing addresses, so I can send them all to CoolMiniOrNot for your Zombicide 2 game sets!

As soon as I can I'll be going through the monthly slideshows to pull out my standout minis - no points or prizes, just shout-outs galore!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I am going to go with the complete set of Minitaire paints! I will PM you my information shortly.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Great! SLIMNOID, you're up!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh right, in addition to the points, there's also a prize for the top Get Based Out entry! And that prize goes to Slimnoid, who earned a first-place choice from both Fix and ThisWayLiesMadness, just edging out WhiteOutMouse. Congratulations, Slimnoid!

Pash posted:

Dang! Lost on the tiebreaker! I apparently misread the rules, as I thought I was gonna win for more votes for top jurnal.

Either way great year and thank you so much!

Don't worry! This only means you're in tenth place, you still get a Grand Prize!

:getin:MORE PRIZES PRIZES PRIZES:wom:

Yes, it's time for more prizes!

First off, one random painter of Infinity models wins this excellent terrain package from Corvus Belli!

There were 24 goons who completed Corvus Belli oaths this year, and after putting together an index (look at column AH), I've Rolled the dice and the result is:
Corvus Belli end of year terrain prize: 1d24 24
Dr. Clockwork! You win!!! Wow!

Next we have Leperflesh's Saving da Whales Prize!
For the second year I offered a prize package consisting of either a hand-selected batch of vintage miniatures, OR a $25 gift certificate to the online retailer of your choice, as a prize to one goon who went back and rescued a failed oath during the oath year. These old figures need to be saved from the ignominy of the past, brought into the future and given another chance, perhaps by Klingon Warbird.

The following goons made the noble, honorable effort to rescue their failed oaths - in some cases, failed by mere minutes - and they are all heroes in my heart:
TheBlobThing, ineptmule, Illudere (twice!), Rikthor (twice!), OneTrueBru, Indolent Bastard, Bavius, Brock Samsonite, Dr. Gargunza, Weirdo, NTRabbit, and Lord_Hambrose. That's just 14 entries, making this a truly elite corps of goons.

And the winner:
Saver of da Whales: 1d14 4
Illudere! Congratulations Illudere, you win!

I am the keeper/mailer of both of these prizes, so Illudere and Dr. Clockwork, please get in touch with me via PM or email (my username at gmail dot com). Illudere, I will put together a choice of custom vintage miniature packages for you to pick from, based on your gaming/painting preferences. Dr. Clockwork, I'll just need mailing address info from you.

Congratulations! And stay tuned, there's more prizes coming!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:awesomelon:STILL MORE PRIZES PRIZES PRIZES:dance:

Goon Zhent offers a special prize for one goon who completed an Alternate Universe Oath! Although 13 of you Oathed such Oaths, only 8 completed them within the oath year, so this is a narrow field to draw from.

And the winner is...
Alternate Universe: 1d8 7
Iris of Ether! Iris of Ether did this to win this $25 gift certificate from the online retailer of your choice, from generous goon Zhent. Well done! That is some cool swamp and pink tree terrain action there.

Goon liljonas sponsors the Tiny Troops and Tiny Troops Army prizes.

The Tiny Troops prize is a custom piece of terrain specific to your army, from liljonas, of www.muraminiatures.com! Every goon who painted at least one mini of sub-25mm scale qualified for this drawing.

Technical note: I am too lazy to construct a cross-table query that parses multiple values in the Scale fields of every goon for every month, just to build a dice index to roll against a single time for this. Instead, I'm rolling against the full list of Oathers by row number - 1 through 176, but ignoring results of 1 and 2 - and then checking the result manually to see if that goon completed any sub-25mm oaths. If so, they win! If not, I reroll. This will be much faster, for me, I promise.
So, first roll: Tiny Troops: 1d176 73
Mmtheblue stuck to 28mm figures this year. Let's roll again:
Tiny Troops: 1d176 102
Lord Hypnostache is also a faithful painter of 28mm scale figures. Keep trying
Tiny Troops: 1d176 31
Binbag only ever did one oath in May, and it was 28mm. oh god many rolls will I have to make
Tiny Troops: 1d176 65
Oh gently caress yes thank god we have a winner YF19pilot, You are the Winner!!!

YF19pilot painted some small things, mostly Battlefront but with other stuff mixed in, back in May and June. We may have lost him after that, but that's OK: complete even a single oath, and you might be a winner, that's how this contest works. Congratulations YF19pilot!

Germ
May 7, 2013

This end-of-season prize gala totally feels like one of those Oprah give-away episodes. The only thing that's missing is ... BEES!!!!!

Thanks so much to Leperflesh and Krushgroove for putting out the Herculean effort required to make this run so smoothly. The stuff folks have come up with has been really inspirational. Lots of talented and creative goons out there.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Germ posted:

This end-of-season prize gala totally feels like one of those Oprah give-away episodes. The only thing that's missing is ... BEES!!!!!

Season 1 we had art by Discount_Bees as a prize, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Red Shoe posted:

I am going to go with the complete set of Minitaire paints! I will PM you my information shortly.

:argh: I've been aiming for that thing from the start :argh:

Ah well. I'll grab the Minitaire starter set + ghost tint prize combo there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been pretty happy with my set of Minitaire paints. They're thin enough to airbrush with straight from the bottle, or brush on without needing to thin. The ghost tints are fairly unique too, so they're a nice complement to my old GW inks.

Good choices guys!

Germ, you're up!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I'm really tempted by the airbrush, but I think I want to try starting with a double action model. Which would have gone great with Badger paints. :argh:

However, I could definitely use Arlaharen's $75 for a certificate from The Warstore, and use it to get more little mans to fuel future Oaths. Specifically, some more Wood Elves to help update my army for the new book.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sweet! Great pick Germ!

Monoliths, you're next!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Woo! I'm at work, so probably shouldn't expound too much upon how pleased and honored I am to be in the top ten pantheon, but I choose the Wayland games voucher!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Awesome! Namenlos! you're up! Make your choice!

CoolMiniorNot
: TEN Zombidice Episode 2 board game sets - haha, psyche! EVERYONE in the Top Ten gets a copy!

Here's the prizes to choose from:

Badger Minitaire Paints
and Badger:
2. a starter set of Minitaire paints PLUS a full set of Ghost Tint paints! $60/£75 value claimed by Slimnoid

3. Hawk Wargames

4. Wayland Games
: online gift vouchers worth $100/£75, usable anywhere in the world! claimed by Monoliths

KR Multicase
6. one KRM with F3H foam

7. goon Tadhg: one GW starter set box of your choice! (unpainted) approx $120/£100 value
8. goon krushgroove: one iwata MP-H2 single action airbrush $130/£125 value

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 28, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Goons who donated prizes!...UPDATED! :siren:

Ineptmule for your themed model group prizes
Manifest for your bits prizes
Bachtere for your painted figures to a lucky winner every quarter!
Arlaharen - $75 towards the prize of your choice!
liljonas a Grand Prize for your sub-25mm army painters, AND another random prize for anyone who paints any sub-25mm oath!
Mr.Booger - several Grab Bag prizes
Namelos - more Grab Bag prizes plus books from the Black Library!
Pierrethemime - once again, Oathbreaker avatars!
Tadhg - for the second year, a fantastic Grand Prize - ANY Games Workshop starter set!
Thundercloud - boxed and bagged Grab Bag prizes
Zhent - $100 towards a set of gift vouchers for our mini-competitions!
Signal - Grab Bag prizes
Maniac Matt - Grab Bag prizes
Vondizimo - TWO special one-off prizes!
Slimnoid - a special one-off prize!
djfooboo - Grab Bag prizes
NTRabbit - a special one-off prize!
IrvingWashington - stone-cold CASH donation to help out (quite a lot) with postage costs!

If I'm missing anyone, please email me at krushgroove169 @ gmail.com and remind me what you donated!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 30, 2014

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

Tiny Troops: 1d176 65
Oh gently caress yes thank god we have a winner YF19pilot, You are the Winner!!!

YF19pilot painted some small things, mostly Battlefront but with other stuff mixed in, back in May and June. We may have lost him after that, but that's OK: complete even a single oath, and you might be a winner, that's how this contest works. Congratulations YF19pilot!

Sweet, awesome. It's my goal to be more consistent this next season. Let me know what you need from me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

Sweet, awesome. It's my goal to be more consistent this next season. Let me know what you need from me.

Just PM or email Krushgroove and he'll fix you up.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Germ posted:

However, I could definitely use Arlaharen's $75 for a certificate from The Warstore, and use it to get more little mans to fuel future Oaths. Specifically, some more Wood Elves to help update my army for the new book.

Done! Check your PM's.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Ohh the airbrush please!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Namenlos posted:

Ohh the airbrush please!

DULY NOTED! Under 15, you're up!

krushgroove posted:

Awesome! Namenlos! you're up! Make your choice!

CoolMiniorNot
: TEN Zombidice Episode 2 board game sets - haha, psyche! EVERYONE in the Top Ten gets a copy!

Badger Minitaire Paints
and Badger:

3. Hawk Wargames

4. Wayland Games

KR Multicase
6. one KRM with F3H foam

8. goon krushgroove: one iwata MP-H2 single action airbrush $130/£125 value Claimed by Namenlos

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

*slow clap*

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

What exactly is meant by GW starter set? Like, a battalion box, or the set with the rulebook? Is that even a thing anymore?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

What exactly is meant by GW starter set? Like, a battalion box, or the set with the rulebook? Is that even a thing anymore?

These:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Vengeance
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Island-of-Blood-UK
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Hobbit-Escape-from-Goblin-Town-Limited-Edition-ENG

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I'll take the starter set, then.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Tadhg will be in touch, but you'll need to let him know which set :) 40K, WHFB, Hobbit?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

So... who's next? :D

edit: yes I'm too lazy to scroll up / go to the last page to look

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

So... who's next? :D

edit: yes I'm too lazy to scroll up / go to the last page to look

Well if you can't be bothered to check we'll just skip the next person :P

WHOEVER it might be get to have their choice of the available Grand Prizes:

Badger Minitaire Paints
and Badger:

3. Hawk Wargames

4. Wayland Games

KR Multicase
6. one KRM with F3H foam

7. goon Tadhg: one GW starter set box of your choice! (unpainted) approx $120/£100 value claimed by Under 15
8. goon krushgroove: one iwata MP-H2 single action airbrush $130/£125 value claimed by Namenlos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Well if you can't be bothered to check we'll just skip the next person :P

Ok ok, I went to check, moths!.. :)

• Locked thread