Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

Is there any reason why I can't get the Enchanter to add Allfather's Fury to an item? I have the item. I have the runes. The enchanter has the recipe. When I put the items in their slots and hit create it returns everything to my inventory. Other enchantments work fine.

Might be bugged. Try relogging, that happened to me before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
Guys, how do I get this as my sig

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Bloodly posted:

Gaz seems to be realising this more and more as more heroes are getting life leech and such in their baseline toolset. Max damage ain't worth it if you're running around panicking after a single blow.

Adv. Starstone Tooth is my secret weapon for survivability. And it's not rare or anything.

It just feels like a lot of people disregard it as a poo poo artifact.

Kaizer88 posted:

Go to User Control Panel and click Edit Profile. You edit your signature there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm proud that I can't identify a couple of those buttes

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

HUMAN FISH posted:

Adv. Starstone Tooth is my secret weapon for survivability. And it's not rare or anything.

It just feels like a lot of people disregard it as a poo poo artifact.

I started using it a lot after NC got released and it was recommended there. I'll often end up swapping it out for something more offensive but if you lack survivability it's really solid. A big chunk of HP and a decent amount of life on hit (although it's not consistent). If only it had +1 all skills...

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Filthy casual (It's Black Widow, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Lady Deadpool)

Kaizer88 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 28, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soothing Vapors posted:

If you get a boner from Lady Deadpool's butt, you should consult a doctor.

This is the worst event. Sentinels everywhere! But the special event loot only drops from a very specific set of sentinels, and event then its still really rare.

Maybe spoiled by other events, but I never got any of the special terminal boss loot, but at least doing that I still got mad xp and trash to level up my vendors.

I only got Betsy up to level 25, but I'm doing something akin to a telepath Emma built, lots of ranged psi powers, nothing melee. Psi Crossbow is my primary damage dealer. Its working, okay so far. Think I'll mostly focus on getting my MS Marvel up to 60 with green prestige before trying to work on anything else.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Nickhimself, with regards to your Lucas Cagé builds you've posted here and elsewhere can you tell me if I'm on the right track with regards to the reasoning behind some decisions:

No points in any basic: Is this because they're just a means to building combo points and the increase in damage from dumping points in one isn't particularly significant compared to boosting finishers (through Combo Fighter).

A single point in C-Wing, dumping points in Natural Leader, but no Hero's Call (I've seen this or something similar in a couple of your builds): Unless you go all in summons aren't great for any kind of sustained damage, so best utility is Coleen for boss killing and Natural Leader keeps her alive longer? The last bit I'm not so sure about.

Hellioning posted:

Might be bugged. Try relogging, that happened to me before.

It's been a couple of days and several logins now. It feels like I'm missing something obvious but I have no idea what.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kaizer88 posted:

I will tell you if you animate it.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

I will tell you if you animate it.

Sorry, it's not mine. Just some upstanding citizen on the marvel forums :v:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hello everyone I've been starting this up again after a long absence.

The builds list in the OP suggests that Jean Grey is broken right now? How exactly is she broken? I don't want her to be broken. :(

Also vital question why does Spider-Man sound like he has brain damage in all the cutscenes

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk

Gravy Jones posted:

Nickhimself, with regards to your Lucas Cagé builds you've posted here and elsewhere can you tell me if I'm on the right track with regards to the reasoning behind some decisions:

No points in any basic: Is this because they're just a means to building combo points and the increase in damage from dumping points in one isn't particularly significant compared to boosting finishers (through Combo Fighter).

A single point in C-Wing, dumping points in Natural Leader, but no Hero's Call (I've seen this or something similar in a couple of your builds): Unless you go all in summons aren't great for any kind of sustained damage, so best utility is Coleen for boss killing and Natural Leader keeps her alive longer? The last bit I'm not so sure about.

It's been a couple of days and several logins now. It feels like I'm missing something obvious but I have no idea what.

You put a point in belt buck and use that,chain yank (if you want to,I don't like it)and vehicular manslaughter to build is combo points,I have a point in hero's call myself cause i feel its at least worth that,as far as natural order,those stat boosts apply to yourself as well,not just your summons.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

BrianWilly posted:

Also vital question why does Spider-Man sound like he has brain damage in all the cutscenes

Radioactive spider bites are no loving joke, buddy

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

The same thing was happening to me over the course of several log in/outs when I was trying to make the mini-sentinel the other day. I thought I was missing something obvious but it worked eventually.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Hello everyone I've been starting this up again after a long absence.

The builds list in the OP suggests that Jean Grey is broken right now? How exactly is she broken? I don't want her to be broken. :(

Jean isn't really OP/broken anymore but she's sure boring. They nerfed her toggle inferno by a lot and her passive life leech as well, but she still plays pretty much the same (if you never got to abuse her ultra-charge, which was also neutered).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Parachute Underwear posted:

Radioactive spider bites are no loving joke, buddy

Spiderman is a nuclear-powered dad joke machine.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

crazy8 posted:

You put a point in belt buck and use that,chain yank (if you want to,I don't like it)and vehicular manslaughter to build is combo points,I have a point in hero's call myself cause i feel its at least worth that,as far as natural order,those stat boosts apply to yourself as well,not just your summons.

Cool. That all makes sense. Accurate tooltips would help. Everything else says "you and your allies", natural order just "your allies"

Edit: And sweet christmas, Cage to 60. First melee I've ever enjoyed in these kind of games. I'm usually all range.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 29, 2014

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Victis posted:

Jean isn't really OP/broken anymore but she's sure boring. They nerfed her toggle inferno by a lot and her passive life leech as well, but she still plays pretty much the same (if you never got to abuse her ultra-charge, which was also neutered).

They also doubled the base damage of kinetic wave, which was her best move after charge. So at some point between the charge nerf and now, she got a substantial boost to damage.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I don't really venture into the official forums at all, but does anyone ever ask them about improving their art assets and stuff?
Obviously they've got more iimportant stuff to work on, but we've been stuck with like, the same 5 pictures since launch, it seems kinda sad for a comic book game. Same goes for the lovely unanimated cutscenes...

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I got Jean as my random hero box. Didn't know if I should level her or Storm. I want a pew pew hero after playing melee widow!

I didn't like Storm when I played her to 8, and it sounds like Jean is boring too :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Overbite posted:

I didn't like Storm when I played her to 8, and it sounds like Jean is boring too :(

Storm gets way, way, way more fun once you can start using her Chain Lightning and two AoE patches. I felt the same way in the first 10 minutes of playing her, then I got those.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I feel like the only character I would really be disappointed in getting from a box is Punisher, just because I don't feel like playing an angry dude with guns in a game where I could be Thor or Iron Man or Squirrel Girl. Plus I hear he needs a review real bad.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Doomsaw sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:

quote:

We're trying to constantly include as many quality of life suggestions as we can each patch.

For next patch, S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up Gear on the ground will be much easier to see.

In addition, the next rarity of S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up Gear is almost complete and will be in the next patch.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

I feel like the only character I would really be disappointed in getting from a box is Punisher, just because I don't feel like playing an angry dude with guns in a game where I could be Thor or Iron Man or Squirrel Girl. Plus I hear he needs a review real bad.

Punisher is apparently not very good right now, but his dialogue is hilarious. He's Murder Eeyore.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

One other note: Ryolnir is announcing the winners of the Item Contest today. I'm going to quote "today".

quote:

The A.I. Chips are not part of the contest, we've had them designed internally for approximately 2 months.

I'll be posting the winners today.

Ryolnir said that.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Eiffel On You posted:

Those missions look obnoxious. I imagine deadpools ranged STSS is not far away either.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I imagine hes always asking the important people questions and they just give him any answer just to shut him the gently caress up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eiffel On You posted:

Fuuuuuucccckkkk.

Doomsaw I don't give a poo poo about white/green team-up gear where's this tech for loving Team Insignias.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I really don't like the itemization on team-up gear. It forces you to specialize your teamup for his benefits to the character. Maybe the way around this would be to make each set of teamup gear specific to a hero but that sounds awful too. Just roll them all back and refund everyone really.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

San Mateo, CA--A crime against humanity happened today when a local chocolate man's police uniform went missing.

Luke Cage, the People's Champion, said he woke up in the morning believing a robbery had taken place.

"There I was lifting weights and ironing my two dozen yellow shirts, when all of a sudden, my popo uniform went missing. I think it was MODOK and I'm gonna punt him into the sky next time I see him," Cage said while flexing.

Cage said he put in a request to local authorities, Gazillion, to ask why his favorite uniform was not found and returned to him.

"They told me it would be returned to me today but instead they want it returned to me next week. I know they got it 'cause the dangly leg man Humpty Dumpty called me in a fuss and said they had it."

"I get no respect man. Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by a shark, we always get killed first in the movies and in X-Defense, my squad always sends me in to fight the bosses first. What the rear end is up with that?" Cage shouted.

We reached out for comment from Gazillion and spokesperson Real Near had this to say:

"We can release the Dr. Strange costume perfectly on time and Nightcrawler X-Force. Baby Wolferine can get his Fear Itself on time as well. Power Fudge Man, whatever his name is, he just has to wait. That's how it's always been and how it will always be. Falcon will be released in March 2019, when our contract runs out and our game shuts down," Near said.

He concluded, "Hate to cut this off, but I gotta call the exterminator now to get all these bugs out of our game. G-T-G!"

Luke Cage's Police Halloween Costume will be released from custody next week.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

San Mateo, CA--A crime against humanity happened today when a local chocolate man's police uniform went missing.

Luke Cage, the People's Champion, said he woke up in the morning believing a robbery had taken place.

"There I was lifting weights and ironing my two dozen yellow shirts, when all of a sudden, my popo uniform went missing. I think it was MODOK and I'm gonna punt him into the sky next time I see him," Cage said while flexing.

Cage said he put in a request to local authorities, Gazillion, to ask why his favorite uniform was not found and returned to him.

"They told me it would be returned to me today but instead they want it returned to me next week. I know they got it 'cause the dangly leg man Humpty Dumpty called me in a fuss and said they had it."

"I get no respect man. Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by a shark, we always get killed first in the movies and in X-Defense, my squad always sends me in to fight the bosses first. What the rear end is up with that?" Cage shouted.

We reached out for comment from Gazillion and spokesperson Real Near had this to say:

"We can release the Dr. Strange costume perfectly on time and Nightcrawler X-Force. Baby Wolferine can get his Fear Itself on time as well. Power Fudge Man, whatever his name is, he just has to wait. That's how it's always been and how it will always be. Falcon will be released in March 2019, when our contract runs out and our game shuts down," Near said.

He concluded, "Hate to cut this off, but I gotta call the exterminator now to get all these bugs out of our game. G-T-G!"

Luke Cage's Police Halloween Costume will be released from custody next week.

Your a oval office

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Real Near is a war criminal.

net cafe scandal posted:

Your a oval office

Wow, rude.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Spudsly posted:

I really don't like the itemization on team-up gear. It forces you to specialize your teamup for his benefits to the character. Maybe the way around this would be to make each set of teamup gear specific to a hero but that sounds awful too. Just roll them all back and refund everyone really.

I mean, it's all various forms of +damage or some passive SIF/credits. It's not a huge deal.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
How can a Cage man deserve these things? How? How? How? How? How?

Luke: Destroyed. If a sad face could ever be represented in emoticon, this would be that face:

`• . •´
-------

Lukechador should be a costume.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/bwana

Doomsaw and Real Near are in this stream right now if you want to ask them stuff. They just logged in.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eiffel On You posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/bwana

Doomsaw and Real Near are in this stream right now if you want to ask them stuff. They just logged in.

Everything you've been waiting for has been pushed to next week to count as extra bullshit for the anniversary event,you arent getting anything till then.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zeike posted:

Everything you've been waiting for has been pushed to next week to count as extra bullshit for the anniversary event,you arent getting anything till then.

Yeah I got this bad feeling that they are way behind on what they want/need to get out for anniversary. I hope I am wrong.

I wanted to get in and ask how many new things/items they have planned to release for next week. Not specifics, just a number.

Didn't they say that this patch upcoming would market a "new expansion" last month? I take that as a LOAD of new stuff coming in one single patch.

Doomie did say this would be the largest patch yet and I hope that remains true still. I normally take what they say with a grain of salt and simply "believe it when I see it."

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Beta Ray Bill, Omega system, trading, loving Lukes new costume and much more were all scheduled for this week, so yea, they are behind.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Carados posted:

I mean, it's all various forms of +damage or some passive SIF/credits. It's not a huge deal.

Basically everyone uses Falcon on passive mode right now for all of their heros (with some exceptions). My only issue is that itemizing them with +physical OR +energy makes for annoying choices. It's not a big deal in the sense that nothing in a video game is a big deal, but it's just annoying to either have to a) change their equipment on a hero by hero basis b) buy a teamup for energy, physical, etc or c) don't give a drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Doomsaw confirmed a new story difficulty in that guy's stream. Cosmic, where the entire story is scaled to 60. He didn't answer if the quest rewards would be in again but that seems likely given how story mode works. So maybe more points for dump abilities coming soon.

• Locked thread