Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hoobajoo posted:

Crabs are literally just lice on your business parts. You handle it in pretty much the same way, except you don't need to call all the people you rubbed your head on when you get lice.

I mean, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buh
May 17, 2008

The Duck of Death posted:

Does anyone here have experience dealing with crabs? Best brand for treatment, etc?

I've never had an STD before but I did have head lice and it seems like they're pretty much the same.

I just asked a chemist and used whatever brand she gave me. Washed my sheets and clothes, slathered on cream overnight and it was totally dealt with in the morning. If they're really resilient you might need a second dose. It's really that simple.

Clippering the hair doesn't help to kill them but it does help you check they're actually gone. If you don't usually shave then don't bother to for crabs, it's not worth the discomfort.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

A friend of mine had crabs and he just shaved and they disappeared. He also wasn't used to shaving (not that area anyway) but he said it felt comfortable. Of course I only know what he's told me, so I don't actually know for sure whether he got rid of them as easily as he says or not.

Buh
May 17, 2008
Shaving might dislodge adults but you'd likely not get the eggs and then you'd be hosed again when they hatch. It's seriously a :10bux: one time treatment, best to just do it right.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Shave your junk anyway, :feelsgood:.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Ingrown hairs and stubble are such a pain (particularly in the inner thigh and underside of the scrotum), I just use electric trimmers and get everything down to a really tight cut. You get pretty much every benefit of a full shave but with a lot less hassle.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This guy knows what it is. Dick stubble sucks, but you just stay on top of it and it's fine.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Double post I know, but gently caress it.

I'm going to buy a cock ring later today, is there anything I should know before I do? They seem pretty straightforward, and I'm not getting it for any dong-problems, just for fun and looks, but I dunno. Any experience or weird pitfalls?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

hoobajoo posted:

I'm going to buy a cock ring later today, is there anything I should know before I do? They seem pretty straightforward, and I'm not getting it for any dong-problems, just for fun and looks, but I dunno. Any experience or weird pitfalls?

Get one that has a separate little loop for your balls so they will tense up and smack against her taint like you're playing drums going boom boom buh-doom boom boom boom.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Shine posted:

Get one that has a separate little loop for your balls so they will tense up and smack against her taint like you're playing drums going boom boom buh-doom boom boom boom.

Hold on what's that rhythm? I wanna get it right, is that more salsa or meringue?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

You might want to start with some soft silicone-type rings, they are a lot easier to put on and wear in my opinion. This site may strike you as a bit gay, but they have top notch stuff. Do not get something from your local shitstore.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Nope, no weird pitfalls here. Just get one nice and stretchy and definitely be shaved or trimmed. We got one of the silicone ones and it really loves to catch every stray hair it can. Otherwise, just strap on and enjoy. I like it but my wife thinks it's the greatest thing ever so...good luck.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What are those for exactly? They've always sounded dangerous to me.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Warchicken posted:

Think of it like a wearable vibrator for dudes. I know one of the advertised uses is for longer, harder erections by keeping the blood in there. If you get the ball sling with it, I think it's supposed to also help you last longer? I've heard that pulling the balls away from the body help delay orgasm but I can't back that up. Mainly though it's a vibrator that works on both your partner and you.

Not dangerous as far as I'm aware, long as you don't vicegrip it and leave it set on "hummingbird".

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?

Warchicken posted:

Common use for cock rings is maintaining an erection if you can't always keep it up, and they also seem to make the erection harder (as in, scary bulging veins). Apply around base of dick while flaccid, get monster boner; ejaculate and you will get soft again. Too tight and it may be uncomfortable, too loose and it won't do its job. If you're just experimenting then see if your local store has a multi-pack which comes with several sizes so you can figure out what works best for your girth. And yes, beware the hairs!

e:fb. Also, vibrating cock rings? Would that even do anything for the dude?

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Ottoman posted:

Common use for cock rings is maintaining an erection if you can't always keep it up, and they also seem to make the erection harder (as in, scary bulging veins). Apply around base of dick while flaccid, get monster boner; ejaculate and you will get soft again. Too tight and it may be uncomfortable, too loose and it won't do its job. If you're just experimenting then see if your local store has a multi-pack which comes with several sizes so you can figure out what works best for your girth. And yes, beware the hairs!

e:fb. Also, vibrating cock rings? Would that even do anything for the dude?

I'm sure it's a YMMV scenario. I consider it a secondary feeling that adds to the situation instead of being the prime contributor, but it's still kinda fun. Then again I totally ignored that there are non-vibrating rings out there so my bad.

If you're not sure the vibrating thing is right for you, the local sex shop should sell a one-time use ring to see if it's something for you. Ask questions too. Every sex shop worker I've ever talked to has been nothing short of awesome.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Ended up getting a 3-pack of inert silicone rings for like, $10, that worked pretty well. They came in the strategically named "Medium, Large, and Extra Large"; I started with the medium, and almost immediately went "Nope nope gently caress that my dick ow ow ow". After a few minutes for recovery, large fit snug and it indeed made my dong noticeably mightier, if a little less sensitive. Extra large fit around my sack too, which I don't know if it made any difference sensation wise, but was fine and again looked impressive. So yeah, pretty cool I guess. Now that I know my size, I might get a nicer one, since the texture on these kinda sucks, but we'll see what the missus thinks.

Also, vibrations do stuff for the guy too, just not as much as they do for the gal.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

hoobajoo posted:

Also, vibrations do stuff for the guy too, just not as much as they do for the gal.

I have never noticed anything vibrating to do anything for me except be irritating/numbing, so YMMV.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

From what I've read, the idea about putting a ring around the balls is supposed to increase the length of sex by delaying orgasm, but also it's supposed to make the orgasm much more intense because the balls are pulled more away from the body than they normally are? I've never tried that with a partner, so I can't say for sure whether or not that's true, but that's the idea I guess.

wastro
Nov 23, 2004
I'm a 31-year-old guy who has the hardest time coming in any position other than missionary. If I'm on top, I'm able to finish far more often than not (the notable exceptions apply: It's tougher to finish after we've gone a few rounds earlier in the night, and it's a crapshoot when I'm pretty buzzed or drunk).

If my lady friend and I are having sex, I've only ever finished once or twice with her on top and once in doggy style. That's it. And if I'm getting a blow job, I've found that I can only finish if I'm laying down on a bed; I've never finished while standing up and have only finished once while sitting on a couch.

So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any clue why that might be or if that's at all common. I thoroughly enjoy mixing it up and trying new positions, but finishing just almost never happens unless I'm on top. I've read a lot about (and have slept with a few) women who can only climax with oral or in a particular position, but I've almost never heard of this with guys.

For the record, I'm a bigger guy (6'3", 290 pounds) who's admittedly self-conscious about his weight. I don't do drugs and have 3-4 drinks/week (at most). This problem seems to happen less when I'm eating healthy and working out regularly, but it's hard to pinpoint that, since this has been an ongoing thing for a few years now.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It definitely isn't weird for guys to have a thing. Some guys can only come in certain positions, some can only come when they're controlling the loving, some only come from blowjobs, some never come from blowjobs, some have to be grabbing something, you name it. If you've already come a couple times in different positions, I wouldn't worry. What's happened before can happen again. Just do whatever seems fun for both of you and don't worry about whether you come in one position or whether you eventually switch.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I got invited to one of those Pure Romance parties. I'm looking at their online catalog. All their lubes and creams have glycerin in them, so that's out. The only thing that I might consider is some of the pelvic floor exercisers, nothing else really stands out.

Does anybody have experience with the brand? Is there something that's really worthwhile? The impression I get is that it's just a fairly standard selection of sex toys and I'm better off just hitting up the cheese tray at this party and then ordering something from Good Vibrations instead.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

RazorBunny posted:

I got invited to one of those Pure Romance parties. I'm looking at their online catalog. All their lubes and creams have glycerin in them, so that's out. The only thing that I might consider is some of the pelvic floor exercisers, nothing else really stands out.

Does anybody have experience with the brand? Is there something that's really worthwhile? The impression I get is that it's just a fairly standard selection of sex toys and I'm better off just hitting up the cheese tray at this party and then ordering something from Good Vibrations instead.

I think you nailed it on the head. These are parties for women who would never stoop so low as to go to a sex shop for sex toys. It's like any other [brand name] party, you're paying a premium for the atmosphere or something. Just go and enjoy yourself, and then buy something better and cheaper on Amazon.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Skutter posted:

I think you nailed it on the head. These are parties for women who would never stoop so low as to go to a sex shop for sex toys. It's like any other [brand name] party, you're paying a premium for the atmosphere or something. Just go and enjoy yourself, and then buy something better and cheaper on Amazon.

The other guests are all ladies from my sister's church, so that'll be interesting.

My husband informs me that he definitely does not want a glow in the dark masturbation sleeve. Unfortunately they're a little too expensive to buy him one as a joke. There are cheaper ways to get glared at for a week.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Skutter posted:

I don't know about Amazon and their quality of offerings, but then again I have a different perspective because I sell sex toys as a sometime job at conferences and stuff, so I've been exposed to a ton of retailers and products. Who you buy stuff from absolutely matters, and when it comes to fucktoys quality is not something on which one should compromise.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Amazon has a decent selection of actually good products (always check the brand name), though even looking for sales you can generally find better elsewhere (again, Pink Cherry is great for sales). Still, jelly stuff is nasty, so make double sure you stay away from anything brightly coloured and translucent.

If it can't be boiled or spritzed with a bleach solution you shouldn't be using it to gently caress yourself.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Speaking of that, any suggestions for butt plugs and long lasting lube for butt plugs? I'd be looking for a medium ish sized offering. I'm a male if that matters.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

You want an njoy pure plug. No questions. In medium, probably. Pretty much any lube will do, the thing's solid steel and steel doesn't need a whole lot.

There's others out there that are good too but it's probably the best general purpose dealie out there. I'm a woman (and love mine) but every man I've recommended it to has thanked me for it. :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

neongrey posted:

You want an njoy pure plug. No questions. In medium, probably. Pretty much any lube will do, the thing's solid steel and steel doesn't need a whole lot.

There's others out there that are good too but it's probably the best general purpose dealie out there. I'm a woman (and love mine) but every man I've recommended it to has thanked me for it. :v:

To add to that, use a silicone lube. Silicone lasts a lot longer than water based, and is more silky feeling. It can't be used with other silicone-type toys, making metal or glass toys preferable. My preferred brand is JO, and they have a formula for butt stuff.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 4, 2014

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hoobajoo posted:

To add to that, use a silicone lube. Silicone lasts a lot longer than water based, and is more silky feeling. It can't be used with other silicone-type toys, making metal or glass toys preferable. My preferred brand is JO, and they have a formula for butt stuff.

We used silicone lube for a while and got frustrated with it because it is drat near impossible to clean...

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Xeras posted:

Speaking of that, any suggestions for butt plugs and long lasting lube for butt plugs? I'd be looking for a medium ish sized offering. I'm a male if that matters.

Try Fort Troff, they've always got good, high quality stuff.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sliquid does a nice water-based butt lube (Sassy), if you don't want to use silicone for some reason. It's thick and cushiony and doesn't dry out quickly at all, and it doesn't drip all over the place, either. They also have some good silicone stuff too.

Really though, I've never needed to do more to lube the pure plug than get my fingers wet with the lube and rub them over the thing. It's already smooth as hell, it just needs a bit of help.

But it seems like everyone's got their own favourite lube brand and tbqh it doesn't seem like there's a ton of difference between the good ones. :v:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Silicone stains sheets. You will also kill yourself if you're using it in the shower, on hardwood, on tile...

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Anne Whateley posted:

Silicone stains sheets. You will also kill yourself if you're using it in the shower, on hardwood, on tile...

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Definitely going to pick up a njoy pure plug. Also I hadn't considered about silicone staining sheets so thanks for that as well.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

We used silicone lube for a while and got frustrated with it because it is drat near impossible to clean...

It's never been a big problem for me, at least for butt plugs and the like, since you can use less of it to the same effect so it doesn't get everywhere. I've heard sex toy cleaners work well on silicone stains.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Mak0rz posted:

Anne Whateley posted:

Huh. We use Pjur for our silicone lube, and I've never had laundry problems. I use Clorox 2 with my detergent; maybe that matters? And for any play in/around the water, silicone is the only thing that works. But yeah, be careful on hard floors. We have hardwoods, and I took a comical spill once making my way to the bathroom after a particularly messy night.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Since we're on sex toy chat, can anyone speak to experience with glass toys? The ones I've seen are stunningly beautiful and look like they could be fun but both my wife and I are a little wary about putting glass near our genitals.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Techno Remix posted:

Since we're on sex toy chat, can anyone speak to experience with glass toys? The ones I've seen are stunningly beautiful and look like they could be fun but both my wife and I are a little wary about putting glass near our genitals.

Good ones are going to be made out of nigh-unbreakable pyrex, so it's not something you really have to worry about.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Glass toys are great. They're easy to clean, and you can put them in warm or cold water to do temperature play, which can be fun. They're also really nice for women because they're solid, so when the vaginal muscles flex against them, they give great feedback. Get yoself some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Good ones are going to be made out of solid nigh-unbreakable pyrex.

If it feels like you could bludgeon a goat with it when you pick it up, you know its good.