Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think the Sentinels are the best/worst part, though.

Also the last proper chapter. I guess it shows that she sort of cares about doing the right thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

pentyne posted:

I keep following it because I can't get enough of cooking manga, and I think I've read everyone that covers the topic, but aside from Toriko and Shokugeki none of them get updated regularly. My favorite, Nobunaga no Chef, hasn't been updated in months and is still 2 volumes behind.

Drudging this post back up again to recommend Shin'ya Shokudou (The Late Night Diner) which I just learned was being scanlated. I wouldn't call it a cooking manga per se, but food is a big part of it (and it never fails to make me hungry, which is always my #1 criteria when it comes to food manga), and I really enjoyed it and I can't believe I forgot to mention it before. Even if you're normally not into cooking manga I highly recommend it.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 25, 2014

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Anatharon posted:

I think the Sentinels are the best/worst part, though.

Also the last proper chapter. I guess it shows that she sort of cares about doing the right thing?

I think she's always cared about that. But her definition of it is pretty different to most people's definition.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just read Oyaji and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to read a manga about the manliest dad around.

It also made me wish Ore Monogatari was still getting translated. I seem to love stories about righteous giants.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Chas McGill posted:

I just read Oyaji and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to read a manga about the manliest dad around.

It also made me wish Ore Monogatari was still getting translated. I seem to love stories about righteous giants.

Seconded. Short too, only 24 chapters.

And I didn't realize OM wasn't being scanlated anymore...though now that I check the last release was in March. Time flies, I guess.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

sniper4625 posted:

Seconded. Short too, only 24 chapters.

And I didn't realize OM wasn't being scanlated anymore...though now that I check the last release was in March. Time flies, I guess.

Well, don't know what's going on with OM. I guess there are a few series I follow that go for months without an update and then they start up again. I was under the impression that OM is pretty popular so I'm confused that the translation has slowed down so much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More Kotonoba Drive.

This series might be better at home in the surreal/absurd daily life thread.

coathat
May 21, 2007

There's a whole volume of a new Furuya Minoru manga. It's everything I wanted and more.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/wanitokagegisu-r12132

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

More Kotonoba Drive.

This series might be better at home in the surreal/absurd daily life thread.

Does every chapter have coffee in it? :3::coffee:

That emoticon combo could also apply to YKK I suppose.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

The final batch of Hito Hitori Futari chapters went up

I personally thought this series was pretty great and ended in just about the right way as well. Worth a look if you haven't tried it yet.

I guess I'm a fan of the artwork mostly. The story itself was interesting, not terribly deep, but not bad either.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

a kitten posted:

Does every chapter have coffee in it? :3::coffee:
It's mostly about spirits and coffee. :ghost::coffee:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 26, 2014

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Breaky posted:

I personally thought this series was pretty great and ended in just about the right way as well. Worth a look if you haven't tried it yet.

I guess I'm a fan of the artwork mostly. The story itself was interesting, not terribly deep, but not bad either.

I really like the art in this and the story is also pretty interesting, but it's kind of annoying that the big issue he's pushing for is denuclearization and decreasing corporate taxes.

Didn't this same guy also write some story about these two brothers who learned to sword-fight and became involved in resistance to foreign involvement in Japan in the 19th century?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ytlaya posted:

I really like the art in this and the story is also pretty interesting, but it's kind of annoying that the big issue he's pushing for is denuclearization and decreasing corporate taxes.

Didn't this same guy also write some story about these two brothers who learned to sword-fight and became involved in resistance to foreign involvement in Japan in the 19th century?

I guess I didn't mind it. Seemed like it was mostly just focused around the Fukushima incident and that's a hell of a flashpoint politically and it fits the story and the characters very nicely. To me there wasn't like some huge nationalistic vibe to it, not like a ridiculous one or anything.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Breaky posted:

I guess I didn't mind it. Seemed like it was mostly just focused around the Fukushima incident and that's a hell of a flashpoint politically and it fits the story and the characters very nicely. To me there wasn't like some huge nationalistic vibe to it, not like a ridiculous one or anything.

It's more that it seems like they're actually causing harm. There are all these power outages and people are having traffic accidents all because of some incredibly misguided belief that Fukushima is going to somehow detonate and render Japan uninhabitable. I'm just sort of mentally replacing denuclearization with some other issue that isn't so dumb.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nice, team medicalworkplace-politics dragon updated. Will our hero, Takeo Noguchi, manage to swat down all those uppity doctors? I sure hope so.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

coathat posted:

There's a whole volume of a new Furuya Minoru manga. It's everything I wanted and more.

Haha awesome, the character designs are looking a lot more varied than his usual, and we have a supporting cast of fellow goony screwballs already. Hope we get more, but that staff message makes it sound unlikely..

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

coathat posted:

Awesome, I quite like Furuya Minoru. Not sure how I felt about Himizu's ending, can't remember if I finished Ciguatera (might have to reread that), but Boku to Issho is hands down one of my favorite comedy manga ever.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 27, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

trucutru posted:

Nice, team medicalworkplace-politics dragon updated. Will our hero, Takeo Noguchi, manage to swat down all those uppity doctors? I sure hope so.

You know hes just going to gently caress everything up too.

Noguchi :argh::argh::argh::argh:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Chas McGill posted:

For gently caress's sake read this series! The characters are well-written and have a great deal of depth and subtlety, and you see people get beaten in awesomely brutal ways.

^^^Someone should combine Team Medical Dragons' reaction shots with the Enel-style ones from One Piece.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

KittenofDoom posted:

For gently caress's sake read this series! The characters are well-written and have a great deal of depth and subtlety, and you see people get beaten in awesomely brutal ways.
I was disappointed to see that the mangaka didn't do much else, or at least not much that was translated.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

What in the name of God is going on with the Brynhildr scans? Forty chapters in the past week! Eight hundred pages! Are these people even stopping to sleep?

Couldn't you at least spend that energy on a series that actually deserves it? :psyduck:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
New Uwagaki chapter

In which The new foreign teacher is a gun happy secret agent and not from America!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

What in the name of God is going on with the Brynhildr scans? Forty chapters in the past week! Eight hundred pages! Are these people even stopping to sleep?

Couldn't you at least spend that energy on a series that actually deserves it? :psyduck:

I can only assume the anime has drummed up tons of interest in the manga.

Shame, because the anime became just another shameless t&a groping kyaaa! embarrassed harem pile of hot garbage.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I read a few chapters of Brynhildr and something about it was really, really off. Then I looked at the notes and saw it was by the guy who did Elfen Lied and just went "oh right, of course" and dropped that poo poo instantly.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Just caught myself up on Tokyo ghoul after not reading it for a few months. It really went off the deep end. That is some character development.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cynic Jester posted:

Just caught myself up on Tokyo ghoul after not reading it for a few months. It really went off the deep end. That is some character development.

I discovered yesterday that it is, apparently, getting an anime this summer. Interesting to see how well it'll adapt, I guess.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

God drat. This was quite a ride. I could do without the uncensored full page ejaculating penis but this entire manga was so manly I barely could handle it. Made me call my father.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 29, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

New Uwagaki chapter

In which The new foreign teacher is a gun happy secret agent and not from America!

Yeah I posted in the wrong thread about it but I really would have preferred the supernatural professor to remain an unknown in the series and not have something like this happen with dumb secret agents and poo poo. It is a great series as a drama, comedy and whatif, but adding in action and mercenaries is a road I don't know if I'll enjoy it going down.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Autonomous Monster posted:

I discovered yesterday that it is, apparently, getting an anime this summer. Interesting to see how well it'll adapt, I guess.

I can't imagine it'll adapt well without some serious rewriting, based on other recent seinen adaptations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I posted in the wrong thread about it but I really would have preferred the supernatural professor to remain an unknown in the series and not have something like this happen with dumb secret agents and poo poo. It is a great series as a drama, comedy and whatif, but adding in action and mercenaries is a road I don't know if I'll enjoy it going down.

It could also fizzle out with the whole team failing hilariously despite being professionals and then getting sent back with no memories.

It probably won't but I can dream. :buddy:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I didnt think we'd get a real plot out of this manga and Im kinda disappointed we are. Though I do love that the goat is on the wanted sheet.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Yeah, wow, just caught up myself...those were some really dark and epic chapters...Tokyo Ghoul can be pretty silly at times but it's gotta be one of the most entertaining action manga I'm reading these days. See, this is how you do a protagonist personality change, Ajin.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Speaking of Ajin, the latest chapter was...something. :stare:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
New Apocalypse No Toride/Fort Of Apocalypse: Chapter 33

Well, that explains some poo poo.

coathat
May 21, 2007

There's a new one shot by Igarashi Daisuki http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/umwelt-r12194 it's good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 31

Learn something new every day.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pierson posted:

I read a few chapters of Brynhildr and something about it was really, really off. Then I looked at the notes and saw it was by the guy who did Elfen Lied and just went "oh right, of course" and dropped that poo poo instantly.

Yeah it's kind of... exactly the same series. :what:

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Just got done powering through Billy Bat. Where's the next chapter. Where is it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kikka posted:

It's in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kikka posted:

Ahaha, YOU FOOL! One of the laws of manga is "do not Read Naoki Urusawa's works until they are over". You hosed up, you hosed up real good.