Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. Outside of answering your questions in the thread, there is to be absolutely zero communication until after the votes are read. Winson_Paine has Individual Immmunity, can't vote for him tonight. You have until 1:00 AM to cast a vote. Good luck, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 6

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

IcePhoenix, you had the best performance in the last challenge, earning more correct answers than anyone else. You still lost due to the nature of the challenge, though. Should people be wary of a potential competition beast in yourself?

Most of my answers were just seeing a trend of Andy being a popular vote or P. Machine being the one girl in the tribe. I think we all want to think there's a challenge beast inside us but, honestly, given the nature of most of these challenges I don't think anyone can say they expect to be one.

quote:

What is dictating the way you're voting tonight? And with the threat of potentially two Hidden Immunity Idols out in the game, how does that affect things, where the Majority opinion may not even have an effect on tonight's vote?

I'm sure there have been a lot of alliances made, and many of them contradict each other. Tonight's vote, to me, is about finally choosing a side. As far as idols go, I haven't even seen a clue and I'm assuming that holds for pretty much anyone else. They aren't a factor to me, and if one comes out then good on that person for finding it with relatively no information, I didn't have access to past games to see how one might even go about finding one.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

He wanted to keep one person around constantly, however, as he figured that person was someone he could string along. He figured that person would never be a threat as they're not often around.

He was blatant and open about it.

Dhaes, this means you.

He said that to me, personally, and to at least one other person.

He thought you were safe to keep around because he didn't think you'd do well at this game.

I want you to think about that for a minute when it comes to you having bitched about us voting Chili out and all.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Majuju, you are a funny guy, but do you think your tribemates take you seriously or just see you as the "funny guy"

I think they take me seriously enough to not discount my input, which is plenty for me. I like being funny, it's who I am, and I'm glad that the response has been positive.

What is dictating the way you're voting tonight? And with the threat of potentially two Hidden Immunity Idols out in the game, how does that affect things, where the Majority opinion may not even have an effect on tonight's vote?

I barely understand how these idols even work, so I'm just going to huff a shitload of melange, sit myself down in a black leather armchair, and hope a man from another place tells me what to do.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

You were the target of a good amount of negative attention in the answers to the survey for the last challenge. Surely this makes you worry about your standing in the game? What do you need to do to improve it?

Well some of that was self-directed, but yes, point taken. I have felt not good about tribal before but this is by far the most not good I have felt to this point. Hopefully the other people who wanted to see me blindsided have already succeeded in their ambition and are satisfied with that.

John Cena posted:

I'm sure that there are tons of alliances out there right now, but I'm pleased I didn't have to do much ball-juggling/doc-watching this week, especially seeing how all that effort paid off last week. I vote with my heart and will continue to do so until Death's cold embrace takes me. As with seemingly everyone else, I refuse to believe that hidden immunity idols exist.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
We're not all bullshitting each other, right? Because seriously, I have looked and I don't think the clues exist.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Skinty, Fast Luck, Bowmore, When it came time for pots to be smashed in the last competition, nearly all non-durfs were wiped out first. Doesn't this make you worry about the pecking order this might be forshadowing for the remainder of the game?
Yes, and no. I'm not sure pot order was really thought about.

quote:

Finally, for everybody

I will vote out the biggest threat.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

John Cena posted:

Winson, you were the first winner of Individual Immunity. How does it feel knowing you're 100% safe tonight?

I figure I was probably pretty safe anyway, tonight at least. On the whole I am smallish cheese compared to the power players, which is not to say my time won't come but I don't think tonight was it. My time will come, as it must come for all, and I will be ready when it does.

quote:

With this many people, I like to go with personal grudges and old scores to settle. Pure spite, basically. As far as immunity idols go, I don't have one, so whoever does can gently caress right off.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

John Cena posted:

Disco Spider, Dhaes, you guys were the target of a good amount of negative attention in the answers to the survey for the last challenge. Surely this makes you worry about your standing in the game? What do you need to do to improve it?

gently caress no, I'm not worried. If I'm voted out it will be because I sided with Chili, the first friend I made on SA a couple of years ago, over the rear end in a top hat that wanted to vote me out. If I am voted out, well, poo poo happens. I never lied to anyone this game and I'll leave with my honor intact.

quote:

Eh, strategery or whatever. How do the idols effect things? I guess if the guy that we vote has one they they get to stay. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

John Cena posted:

Windshipper, Byers, getting to this point required working well with the people on your tribe. But now you're going to start have to letting these people go. When it comes to the vote tonight, do you look toward people who got you to this point and reward their loyalty by staying in the game longer, or do you try to string along people that would seem easier to beat in the future?

At this point, you're not dolling out rewards to players, you're looking for people you think you can work with to get to the end. Now that it's a more individual game, you can't carry players without jeopardizing your own chances. You really need to work with people who have proven they can pull their own weight.

quote:

HIIs have no effect on my vote, because there's no sign they're in play and even if they were, you can't smoke them out by splitting votes yet. Playing an HII at this stage would be premature unless your name, personally, is on the block. As such, this vote needs to be about establishing how the next few votes will proceed and what the social structure is going forward.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

One vote for Disco Spider.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Andy, one vote Disco.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Disco, one vote Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes Disco, one vote Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes Disco, Two votes Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Four votes Disco, Two votes Andy. It takes seven tonight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Five votes Disco Spider, two votes Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Five votes Disco, three votes CapnAndy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Five votes Disco, Four votes for Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We're tied. Five votes Disco, Five votes Andy, only two votes left.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Next vote.....

Six votes Disco, five votes for Andy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seventh person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB, and the first member of our Jury...

Disco Spider, that's seven votes, and enough to seal your fate. Bring your torch over.

The tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Well goodness I'm not so good at this game. At least I get to be on the jury! Have fun everyone!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

John Cena posted:

We're tied. Five votes Disco, Five votes Andy, only two votes left.
haha, when I saw this crazy vote, I knew it spelled doom, because if it was going to be a tie or Andy boot, this vote would have been saved for last. :lol:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For some of you, tough break tonight. The rest of you, I think we just saw what solidarity can do for an alliance. Something for everyone to think about. Head back to camp, I'll see everyone at tomorrow's Immunity Challenge at 7:00PM.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Who did this vote, I want to make an alliance with you

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

windshipper posted:

Dhaes, this means you.

He said that to me, personally, and to at least one other person.

He thought you were safe to keep around because he didn't think you'd do well at this game.

I want you to think about that for a minute when it comes to you having bitched about us voting Chili out and all.
Just to be clear, can we post like this after MS Paint Jeff has said no more talk? I was surprised Jeff didn't lay down a rebuke for the late posting.

And in response to this, windshipper: Dhaes and chili are very good friends, and it's more likely Chili was just playing down that threat to the rest of you than anything else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Just to be clear, can we post like this after MS Paint Jeff has said no more talk? I was surprised Jeff didn't lay down a rebuke for the late posting.

And in response to this, windshipper, Dhaes and chili are very good friends, and it's more likely Chili was just playing down that threat to the rest of you than anything else.

Apologies if the rule was unclear, but you are allowed to talk within the thread during Tribal Council. Just not outside of it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ahh yeah it was unclear:

John Cena posted:

Outside of answering your questions in the thread, there is to be absolutely zero communication until after the votes are read.
OK though, that's cool, I prefer thread talk still being allowed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

John Cena posted:

Apologies if the rule was unclear, but you are allowed to talk within the thread during Tribal Council. Just not outside of it.

It's also highly encouraged for maximum viewer enjoyment.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

And in response to this, windshipper: Dhaes and chili are very good friends, and it's more likely Chili was just playing down that threat to the rest of you than anything else.

Possibly, but Dhaes being absent from doc chat in general frequently reinforced that being what he actually felt for me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Silly Burrito posted:

It's also highly encouraged for maximum viewer enjoyment.

This. Please talk lots. ;) The best tribal councils are chatty tribal councils.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seriously, was that disco's vote?

I WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH WHOEVER DID THAT VOTE

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Oh yeah, and that's without even mentioning how much gloating he did about his brilliant plan (before it ever even came to fruition).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

By the way, if anyone's curious as to what horrific betrayal caused Dhaes' eternal butthurt:

After the tribe shuffle, I made an alliance offer to Chili, and said we could either bring Dhaes into the alliance, or vote him out, whichever he'd prefer.

Seriously.

That's it.

Dhaes is furious at me because I was willing to vote him out of the game if he was enemies with the guy I wanted to be allies with, which I couldn't know if it was true or not, because they'd just come together from the same tribe.

Fun bonus question: Ask windy what offer I made to him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost::ghost:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

windshipper posted:

<stuff>

I know, you aren't telling me anything new, but thanks anyway. He didn't say outright but it was plainly obvious and I can put the puzzle pieces together, he invited me into a game on a forum I rarely visit anymore, knowing that I'd be a strong ally until the end. The fact that I even got his PM was a fluke as it was the first time I'd logged in a couple of months. I'm not stupid, and Chili should have known I knew. I just didn't, and don't, care about the $75 or winning all that much. I was more than willing to help a friend out. I told him that if it was between us then he could have it.

Andy, I don't care if all you claim to have said is all you did say, Chili is my buddy and I'm loyal to my friends. You are a weasel, that's that really. I guess that's the game though. I'm probably not cut out for this, I don't care if I win or the prize, my work schedule conflicts, and I won't backstab anyone - if alliances shift they deserve to be told to their face. That said I'm going to see this game through until I get voted off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just want to add that my vote was also a shout out to my fan(s?) and I hope they enjoyed it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Everyone ready? Winson_Paine, I will take it back.

Individual Immunity is back up for grabs. Please be on a flash friendly computer, you'll need it for this challenge. In today's competition, you guys are going to be playing a customized version of 2048. It's a special edition geared towards this particular game. Your goal is to get as high of a score as you can within a ten minute time limit. When you're ready to start, PM or Instant Message me (adeliciousheron on AIM/puttingthefuninfuneral@gmail.com for google) that you're ready to start, I'll send you the link and start the timer. Player with the best score after the time limit has expired wins. You will need to screencap your score, it'll be on the same page as you're playing. As an added bonus, anyone who hits the special 2048 mark in the game will earn a special individual reward, regardless if they win Immunity. This challenge is on now, PM or IM me WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PLAY to get the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Oh god, I hate that loving game. SO MUCH.

gently caress it, I am gonna go get a calzone.

• Locked thread