Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Bucky also claimed to have killed Hitler.

Everyone knows that was Jim Hammond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Flameingblack posted:

Young and Secret avengers are self countained. Young Avengers was brilliant in some places and annoying in others, it was definitely wrote for Tumblr. Kate doesn't act as sarcastic as she does in Hawkeye though.
Yeah it's definitely a slightly different take on Kate in Young Avengers, but still a pretty great one. She has a bit of a teen angst arc in it but I loved it.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Bucky also claimed to have killed Hitler.

That was a Hitlerbot.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn't the Human Torch (not Johnny) kill Hitler?

Also a Hitlerbot.

jsoh posted:

cable and deadpool and nick fury killed hitler, in the 50s

All Hitlerbots.

Mimir fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 28, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The real Hitler escaped, dressed up in a purple KKK outfit and became the original Hate-Monger.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Considering all the poo poo we know Arnim Zola got up to, the idea of there being a bakers dozen of Hitlers during WWII isn't beyond the pale.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'd love to read that book. The Marvel Universe Versus The Legion of Hitlers.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How many times has Hitler been killed in comics? I remember the alt reality from Hickman's FF where Ben Grimm smashes his head in.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

Boy do I have the issue for you:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

In the end Hitler always dodges the bullets and jumps out the window, ready with his next scheme.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Diet Poison posted:

You should read Space Punisher.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Considering all the poo poo we know Arnim Zola got up to, the idea of there being a bakers dozen of Hitlers during WWII isn't beyond the pale.

They could show up now as footsoldiers of the Lethal Legion.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did I miss something or was Captain Marvel not in this issue of Guardians?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

notthegoatseguy posted:

No not at all. This issue was all the other members getting captured and tortured.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I like how Captain Marvel was prominently shown on the cover, and shown nowhere in the actual book. I thought only Wolverine got that treatment.

Also I'm liking the way the characters were handled in this issue. Also nice to see that Bendis is now going with "He is a genetically altered raccoon. he just doesn't like to acknowledge it" rather than a pointless retcon. My main complaint with this issue is that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happened since the end of the previous issue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

notthegoatseguy posted:

I honestly thought I was missing pages. Don't tease me like that Marvel!

Ms Marvel was good, and I love how her costume is appearing organically.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Kamala is pretty great and is quickly growing into her role. Hulk hands!

radlum
May 13, 2013
Ms. Marvel is so good; I have loved every issue so far.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know it's a good thing that they're letting the book come out at its own pace, but holy crap do I wish I could read Ms. Marvel more often than once a month. Easily my favorite Marvel book right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a couple in the other night with a 10 year old daughter and they were looking for strong female heroes but she only had $5 to spend. I gave her Ms Marvel #1, She-Hulk #1 and Captain Marvel #1 (all reprints) and called it even on the $5. Did I make money? Hell no. Did that kids smile make my day? Goddamned right it did.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I had a couple in the other night with a 10 year old daughter and they were looking for strong female heroes but she only had $5 to spend. I gave her Ms Marvel #1, She-Hulk #1 and Captain Marvel #1 (all reprints) and called it even on the $5. Did I make money? Hell no. Did that kids smile make my day? Goddamned right it did.

That's awesome.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Rhyno posted:

drat that's awesome. And the even awesomer part is that she could have walked into a comic store 30 years ago and you still could have have fulfilled her wish.

Marvel has it's flaws, but at least they (usually) portray women well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SalTheBard posted:

That's awesome.

I have to balance out my being a huge dick somehow, right?

Kids always get special treatment when I'm working. I could have just put some old Byrne She-Hulks in her hands but I'd much rather she got some quality books. I'm trying to work up a coupon system or a buyer's club for young readers so I can always give them good deals.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rhyno posted:

I have to balance out my being a huge dick somehow, right?

Kids always get special treatment when I'm working. I could have just put some old Byrne She-Hulks in her hands but I'd much rather she got some quality books. I'm trying to work up a coupon system or a buyer's club for young readers so I can always give them good deals.

Thank you for not saying "we don't usually see breasts that small in the store".

Place that quote.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Lurdiak posted:

I know it's a good thing that they're letting the book come out at its own pace, but holy crap do I wish I could read Ms. Marvel more often than once a month. Easily my favorite Marvel book right now.

I'm loving it too. Well, at least the writing is great, the art is just ok.

"What's Ms. Marvel supposed to look like?"

"You know. Tall, blonde, with the big... powers."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gynovore posted:

You're nuts, man, I love the art.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LingcodKilla posted:

Thank you for not saying "we don't usually see breasts that small in the store".

Place that quote.

I...I don't want to know where that quote it from.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rhyno posted:

I...I don't want to know where that quote it from.

It's actually not that bad. It's from a Sandman story line where a grieving friend goes into a comic book store to buy an issue of bizarro man comic for a dead transgendered friend(to leave on her tombstone). The greasy nasty store owner says it to her as she makes her purchase.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Gynovore posted:

Kamala's response:

And I don't know if this is an intentional joke about how often female superhero costumes are leotards or bikinis, but this is the origin story of her superhero costume:

Speaking of Luke Cage, did anyone else see a racial subtext in SpOck non-literally beating down the door trying to take over the Mighty Avengers? I mean, maybe it was because SpOck was written in full-blast supervillain mode (and HOW!), and maybe Marvel's official position on it would simply be that Otto (both as himself and as SpOck) was so overweeningly narcissistic that he wouldn't actually have thought of it as racial (then again, look at how many people claim their biases and entitlement aren't), but good grief... though the way he's sent packing is hilariously served (especially if your headcanon is that it was right after he ragequit the Avengers).

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I wonder if she'll end up drawing the lightning bolt onto her burkini and getting found out that way. :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane in the Thanos Annual. There's something that just feels right about Jim Starlin and Ron Lim doing a Thanos book.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Gynovore posted:

I love how the ambulance wrecks into the telephone pole outside of the Circle Q in the driver's haste to see her big...powers.

Also - this is going to sound really weird - when Kamala was holding out her white, blood-stained t-shirt, I got this vibe that it was like the blood-stained sheet from a new bride losing her virginity on her wedding night. I'm not going to comment on the practice itself, I just thought it might be an intentional symbol that might resonate with some of Ms. Marvel's audience.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

http://dshalv.tumblr.com/post/87192330878/can-you-say-when-might-we-get-more-information

quote:

Q Anonymous asked:
Can you say when might we get more information regarding the future of Moon Knight and its creative team?

A
It’s really Marvel’s call to make such announcements, so I have to respect that.

What I WILL say is that I’ve recently handed in my cover for Moon Knight #7. Make of that what you will…

It's worth noting that Shalvey does do cover work on books which he's not doing the interiors of...

The annoying thing is that the solicit itself seemed like a misprint and that it could have said that it was either the end of the team's opening arc, or the end of the team's run. I think Marvel are intentionally messing with our feels.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

irlZaphod posted:

http://dshalv.tumblr.com/post/87192330878/can-you-say-when-might-we-get-more-information

It's worth noting that Shalvey does do cover work on books which he's not doing the interiors of...

The annoying thing is that the solicit itself seemed like a misprint and that it could have said that it was either the end of the team's opening arc, or the end of the team's run. I think Marvel are intentionally messing with our feels.

Maybe we're the crazy ones that hear egyptian gods in our heads :tinfoil:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

irlZaphod posted:

I don't mind that it's obviously a misprint as much as I mind Marvel being super cagey about answering people when they ask to finish the statement. If Ellis isn't writing it anymore, rip the loving bandaid off, don't let it fester until you've lost all kinds of goodwill over it.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Since Ellis has two Image books coming out monthly, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stick around on Moon Knight too long. Bummer, too, since it's the best of all the Marvel books I'm currently buying.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

chime_on posted:

Since Ellis has two Image books coming out monthly, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stick around on Moon Knight too long. Bummer, too, since it's the best of all the Marvel books I'm currently buying.

Yeah. I mean, I know for someone like Ellis, creator-owned has way more upside (movie deals! etc!) -- but he seemed like he was having fun and doing really neat stuff with Moon Knight. Do that for a while, maybe you get to write the Moon Knight movie or something.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

chime_on posted:

I just looked on his website, but I can't see what books these are. What is he writing, and is it worth picking up? I picked up Moon Knight just because I liked Transmetropolitan, and Nextwave, but haven't read anything else by him.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Chortles posted:

Kamala's response:

the best thing about this exchange is the cop's response. So jaded!

apparently being a kid with superpowers stopping a robbery in the MU is a way to deflect attention. Yet another superpowered kid, meh. So everyday. Think of the paperwork.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

IUG posted:

I just looked on his website, but I can't see what books these are. What is he writing, and is it worth picking up? I picked up Moon Knight just because I liked Transmetropolitan, and Nextwave, but haven't read anything else by him.

Trees, a sci-fi weirdo thing, #1 just came out this week. He's also resurrecting Supreme, which starts up in July. Trees #1 was pretty good, really just set up the premise though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Hey, when/how/in what book did they retcon Star Lord to have a lovely constume, a lovely father and also to not have died in the cancerverse? I haven't been keeping up for a while.

• Locked thread