Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

schreibs posted:

What store is this? I don't think I could ever shop anywhere with digital price tags. I'd be worried it would be changed before I got to the checkout and id look like a fool running back to the aisle to point out the price mistake. Well...I guess that could happen with printed price tags but still.

Oh, picture!

That is a man soon to be covered in poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meatwave posted:

That reminds of another terrible thing that exists:

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTHkxXf-wB9HuFH-cdxyrLdrApVYWwSb

What do you get a Wookie for Christmas when he already owns a comb?

You get him a brush.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

schreibs posted:

What store is this? I don't think I could ever shop anywhere with digital price tags. I'd be worried it would be changed before I got to the checkout and id look like a fool running back to the aisle to point out the price mistake. Well...I guess that could happen with printed price tags but still.

Only place I've personally seen them was in Soriana in Mexico.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Meatwave posted:

That reminds of another terrible thing that exists:

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTHkxXf-wB9HuFH-cdxyrLdrApVYWwSb

Could be worse. At least it has nothing to do with the true holiday horror of Star Wars.

Life Day :unsmigghh:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Paladinus posted:

The Manssier?

Brossier.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

schreibs posted:

Oh, picture!

Luis Suarez?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

schreibs posted:

Oh, picture!

Ten seconds later this man was reduced to just two bloody stumps wearing sneakers.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

ante posted:

I keep a couple of those around to cheer me up when I'm sick.

Tastes like spicy chicken noodle soup.

Related:

That digital one weirds me out. It just seems so big.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Chard posted:

Ten seconds later this man was reduced to just two bloody stumps wearing sneakers.

oi m8

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Only place I've personally seen them was in Soriana in Mexico.

I've seen them at Kohls.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Japan seems to have switched over to digital price displays in a lot of (larger) supermarkets.

Nice handwritten approximation of LCD numbers on the bottom signs there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

Nice handwritten approximation of LCD numbers on the bottom signs there.

Not exactly. If you look closly at the one on the right, you can see that it's a group of 4 digital style 8s that were printed on the sheet. You use something white to color over the parts you don't need for the numbers you want. I've seen signing like that in various stores here in the US.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

schreibs posted:

Yeah god forbid you should actually have to pay the correct price for an item.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
It was taken at Superstore in western Canada, and they do that so that they can cycle between the individual prices and group prices and trick you into buying $7 bags of tortilla chips if you're not paying attention

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Yeah god forbid you should actually have to pay the correct price for an item.

I've been at a gas station when this has happened before. Saw it was like $2 when I pulled in and by the time I'd gotten to the pump the price was $2.05.

They're talking about a situation like this, not them intentionally trying to game the system.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This is the worst suicide plan.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Not exactly. If you look closly at the one on the right, you can see that it's a group of 4 digital style 8s that were printed on the sheet. You use something white to color over the parts you don't need for the numbers you want. I've seen signing like that in various stores here in the US.
They must have been printed pretty sloppily for the number lines to look so uneven.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Angela Christine posted:

Maybe he wanted a Sky Burial and had no way to perform one?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Angela Christine posted:

If the birds aren't smart enough to see he's going to kick their asses, it's more Darwinism than suicide.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

And when the bus drives off he can be in the schadenfreude thread too!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

it's Nicolas Cage

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bored posted:

it's Nicolas Cage

No loving poo poo.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Chrpno posted:

And when the bus drives off he can be in the schadenfreude thread too!

"Th- This is my wheel well! It was made for me!!"

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Ewan posted:

You can't have that without the rest of the series!

Okay fine I give up what the hell is the story behind this, I see it posted a lot.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAuVAMSan0

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hollismason posted:

Okay fine I give up what the hell is the story behind this, I see it posted a lot.

Dude's a bigot politician from the UK. Basically England's equivalent to the Tea Party, but way way more so.

He got in a plane pulling a banner and then crashed it and tragically lived.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The pilot lived too but turns out he was crazy, threatened to kill Farage and was found guilty for it and later died in his home. Not that I know anything about the guy, I just dragged one of those pictures to google images.

Also

oldpainless posted:

He seems really friendly in those pics before the helicopter crash.

quote:

I knew that goons are unable to tell faces apart but I wasn't aware that it also applied to aircraft.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kanfy posted:

I knew that goons are unable to tell faces apart but I wasn't aware that it also applied to aircraft.

It's David Messerschmittell

Flechet
Jul 5, 2007

snucks posted:

Never before has such a powerful emotional appeal to vegetarianism been made.
Who's the real monster here?

Not I.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's David Messerschmittell

:golfclap:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kheldarn posted:

From my experience, they only print an outline of eights and you can fill it in with a marker pen. The surface is also a bit like white board, so you can re-use those several times, which explains black marks outside the number.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MindlessHavok posted:

I've been at a gas station when this has happened before. Saw it was like $2 when I pulled in and by the time I'd gotten to the pump the price was $2.05.

They're talking about a situation like this, not them intentionally trying to game the system.

You went to an rear end in a top hat gas station then. At the ones I've worked at the prices only got changed when the lot was empty and there were no customers.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I'm literally five years old.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

kinmik posted:

loving lost it at "fut". I don't know about anywhere else, but where I'm from, it's another word for fart.

Are you from Hawaii?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dude's a bigot politician from the UK. Basically England's equivalent to the Tea Party, but way way more so.

He got in a plane pulling a banner and then crashed it and tragically lived.

Also it was on election day, contrary to a hundreds year old gentlemen's agreement that all electioneering stops at 00:01 that day and he was flying around with a massive Vote for Racism! banner, which was too big for the plane and brought it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

• Locked thread