Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
When people talk about the hammer guys or the mace guys in reference to having pauseless combos and crazy tracking, they're talking about the same guys (the weapon they have is the drake keeper's great hammer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Anyone got any videos/tips on how to fight those mace wielding bastards and greatsword guys in dragonshrine with a melee character?

First mace guy can be skipped by going up the stairs. The second can be sniped if you really hate them, after killing the sword guy by the door the rest of the enemies can be skipped entirely.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Anyone got any videos/tips on how to fight those mace wielding bastards and greatsword guys in dragonshrine with a melee character?

Ignore them and book it. There's only one in front of the door to the petrified egg that you'll actually ever need to bother fighting.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
drat this game looks really good. 60 frames is magical.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

RBA Starblade posted:

Huh, based on other parts of that interview Priscilla was at one point the heroine. That's interesting. Also FROM has a pretty funny way of coming up with ideas for things.

I had heard that a while back but it wasn't until just now that I realized when he says "heroine" it probably actually means she was originally going to be the Maiden in Black/Emerald Herald of DS1, which almost makes a certain amount of sense.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Ignore them and book it. There's only one in front of the door to the petrified egg that you'll actually ever need to bother fighting.

How do you skip the two guys guarding the door without them knocking you upside the head when you try to open it?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

How do you skip the two guys guarding the door without them knocking you upside the head when you try to open it?

I must've forgotten that bit. I thought the only door you had to open was to the petrified egg. I genuinely don't remember how I did it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Just stand at the top of the stairs after aggroing them then run past. The sword guy is slow, and the mace guy will attack immediately as you pass giving you plenty of time to open the door.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's sad how easy that section is as a caster.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

I must've forgotten that bit. I thought the only door you had to open was to the petrified egg. I genuinely don't remember how I did it.

That's an optional path that leads to a dead end, the door you have to open is guarded by two drake keepers.

Genocyber posted:

Just stand at the top of the stairs after aggroing them then run past. The sword guy is slow, and the mace guy will attack immediately as you pass giving you plenty of time to open the door.

That makes sense. It never occurred to me to do that even though I've fought them on the stairs multiple times.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's sad how easy that section is as a caster.

or just with arrows and a decent bow.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The item codes being released recently really shows. 1/3 of the people I've invaded have used the seed of a tree of giants and I'm now getting invaded by redbros every five minutes instead of bluecops.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's sad how easy the game is as a caster.

Fixed that for you.

I got extremely bored of my wizard after I got past the Lost Bastille. I don't know how you guys can tolerate it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Tetracube posted:

The item codes being released recently really shows. 1/3 of the people I've invaded have used the seed of a tree of giants and I'm now getting invaded by redbros every five minutes instead of bluecops.

I've been invaded like six times tonight in NG+. It was madness and completely unexpected after zero invasions in NG.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Azzents posted:

Fixed that for you.

I got extremely bored of my wizard after I got past the Lost Bastille. I don't know how you guys can tolerate it.

Depends a bit on the area, and especially early on as a sorc most of your attacks hit for poo poo.

I have more fun as melee though.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Tetracube posted:

Not to mention the Conqueror's and Vanquisher's rings.

Woo, at least 1/4 invasions tonight have been against invisible weapons.

gently caress.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Vanderdeath posted:

I've been invaded like six times tonight in NG+. It was madness and completely unexpected after zero invasions in NG.

I'm at Drangleic Castle in NG+ and I still have yet to be invaded even once. :saddowns:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm at Drangleic Castle in NG+ and I still have yet to be invaded even once. :saddowns:

Did you spring all the way through Heide's and Iron Keep? I never failed to be invaded passing through those zones on NG+ and NG++.

Maybe you're under the SM curve unlike me which is taking you out of the range of most of the invaders?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

Did you spring all the way through Heide's and Iron Keep? I never failed to be invaded passing through those zones on NG+ and NG++.

Maybe you're under the SM curve unlike me which is taking you out of the range of most of the invaders?

6m so far. I was completely unharassed all the way through both of those areas. Though I was summoned to defend Apostles a bunch!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

That doesn't sound too far off strange that you're not getting invaded yourself though, at least you're getting some share of PvP through being a bluebro.

(and spring -> sprint in my previous post)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Poison Arrows from the Priestess' snipe spot did the trick for me.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kaldaris posted:

Not to mention the Conqueror's and Vanquisher's rings.

Woo, at least 1/4 invasions tonight have been against invisible weapons.

gently caress.

I EARNED my invisible weapon, thank you very much :colbert:

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
So many people using seed of the giants for invasions.

Doesn't really make a lot of difference as most enemies die fast in ng+ but still, fix your poo poo FROM. Why does this game not have any sort of anti-hack or sanity check?

Also I just ran into Cyka Killer 3 times while bluecopping. Killed him twice, especially ironic as I was doing a Jesus gimmick.

6m so far. I was completely unharassed all the way through both of those areas. Though I was summoned to defend Apostles a bunch!

If you don't have any sin or less than 10 sin invasions don't seem to happen often. I'm in the same boat you are where I was never getting invaded. Once I started using the red orb, my sin skyrocketed and invasions started to come fast, particularly bluecops.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there any special reason going through the boss gate in Belfry Luna makes you invulnerable? It doesn't in Sol.

quote:

Be less boring about it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 29, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there any special reason going through the boss gate in Belfry Luna makes you invulnerable? It doesn't in Sol.

Be less boring about it.

Probably just lag. I've stabbed people out of that door.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Tarezax posted:

I EARNED my invisible weapon, thank you very much :colbert:

I'm convinced why so many people cord pull during invasions is because they are doing a no death run. Basically gently caress you FROM for encouraging this kind of behavior.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Probably just lag. I've stabbed people out of that door.

Blah. I hit him with two soul greatswords so I didn't think it'd be that.

quote:

I'm convinced why so many people cord pull during invasions is because they are doing a no death run. Basically gently caress you FROM for encouraging this kind of behavior.

Is it that common? I've only seen it once, unless those "failed to create session" messages are also those.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've invaded hundreds of people and never seen a seed of giants used against me. Never gotten one myself either.

Iretep posted:

Why not just play offline then?

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it that common? I've only seen it once, unless those "failed to create session" messages are also those.

Eh, I don't see it that often. However a lot of the times I've had someone cordpull against me its been after we fought for a moment and they got a chance to run away. I imagine some people only cordpull if they realize they're going to get crushed, but I kill those people too quickly for them to get a chance.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've only seen a seed used that one time in the belfries with the hacker. No one really uses them.

Internet Kraken posted:

Why not just play offline then?

Phantom assistance probably.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Blah. I hit him with two soul greatswords so I didn't think it'd be that.

You can totally stunlock people to death going through the fog door in Luna so it's definitely lag.

Vermain posted:

Poison Arrows from the Priestess' snipe spot did the trick for me.

If you're killing them you're not skipping them.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Cord pulling isn't that frequent but it happens way more often than in dark souls 1 where it almost never happens. Which is suprising because you have way more chances to invade in that.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I cheated the two rings by backing up saves and playing offline. Originally I intended it as a trial run to see what the most difficult spots would be in a dual no death / no bonfire run, but the thought of even practicing it again (nevermind actually trying for real) just fills me with dread.

They just sit in my inventory, unused. I don't feel right actually using them since I didn't get them legit, but on the other hand I know I never would if I were to try. :geno:

I did get seeded once in Belfry Sol. The guy popped it before I was done exiting the summon animation and I was mobbed by NPCs before I could do anything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why is my tummy glowing?

e: Oh that's the seed of giants effect isn't it? I used one to mess with an invader who ran right past me. I was at Ornstein's fog door waiting for some jerk to get their hands all over the bells and he spawns a few feet in front of me. He doesn't bother turning around to see the vase standing right in the open, so he runs through the whole level. Halfway through I pop the seed. He didn't last long against eight old knights. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 29, 2014

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but this happened today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1xz1-ywFM

Dark Souls 2 has been broken

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I'm doing a no bonfire run right now on NG++, and I've been invaded more tonight in Drangleic Castle and the Undead Crypt that I have been in the totality of all my other runs. The majority of the invasions have been by the same 4-5 dudes. In something like 27 invasions tonight, I've had exactly 2 blue cops get pulled in to help me, and they were window-lickers that died almost immediately.

Fighting the LGK was amazing, simply because he summoned a real person and not an NPC 5 times in a row, within 30 seconds of the fight starting. Benhart and I didn't stand a chance. The game finally took pity on me and for my 6th attempt, he didn't summon anyone.

I've also see way fewer summon signs than usual. I've never had trouble getting help for the Dragonriders or the LGK, but tonight there was 0 help to be had. I should have pulled the plug and just done it offline, but I didn't, and I finally made it through.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

El Golden Goose posted:

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but this happened today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1xz1-ywFM

Dark Souls 2 has been broken

I think the best part of this is at 4:30.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Control Volume posted:

My favorite part is where he just walks the gently caress around the Guardian Dragon. It's funny how that boss is literally just a gate between point A and B and you can just walk around it with the airwalk glitch.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

He...he fisted the world. :staredog:

What's the best time so far for doing things without bugs like that?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

He...he fisted the world. :staredog:

What's the best time so far for doing things without bugs like that?

I believe that was a 54' run by Noobest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
The funny part is that Distortion messed up a lot in that run, there's plenty of time to cut off to make that a sub-25 minute run.